The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 01-26-2013, 10:15 PM   #826
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Default Re: JGL as Batman!!!???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
No one is right or wrong here. So cool down.
The ol' postmodern theory take on characterization, I see...

I'm totally cool, man.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:22 PM   #827
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

I just state things as I see them. I'm not here to spare feelings.

Because same is not the same as similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
So you can name a random guy Robin, throw a batsuit on him, and suddenly that's "like the comics?" No. Dick Grayson became Batman. Not some generic "Robin."
Things change dude. Doc Ock got a wife. An equivalent of Robin can become Batman and it would be just as faithful.

His crucial character moments were basically all in his exposition which were all about him. While he didn't show it. He did tell us. And only when he was with Bruce or on active duty did he seem to let his guard down.

A supporting character doesn't need to make a big life changing revelation. He made a small change. He still made a change. He didn't make "no change." "No change" would mean "no change" not "small change."

I'd trust him, he gave no signs of being any more psychologically damaged than Bruce.

I'm naturally heated. And I off-set things with biting sarcasm which typically makes me sound even more heated. Also I have my thermostat up to 210...

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #828
the last son
Side-Kick

I can't seriously believe that JGL will be playing Batman. It's over.

the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:27 PM   #829
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

They could make Blake work.

You could have the same dynamic in the league. We can say this because Blake is practically a blank slate (the only thing we know is that he shares a similar past to Bruce Wayne, with his parents being gunned down in front him) and they could write him to be like Batman. You could literally write all the lines for Bruce, switch Blake in there, and it'd be fine.

However, this begs the question - why not just use Bruce Wayne...

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 01-26-2013 at 10:40 PM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:27 PM   #830
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I can't seriously believe that JGL will be playing Batman. It's over.
And you're welcome to believe that but fact of the matter is none of us is the president of WB. Unless... are you a evil alien tech thingy created by Lex Luthor in his partnership with the Joker to kill the President of WB and there-in-by take his place to forever kill John Blake?

If so? I'm so out of here......... my MacBook can't stand to catch a parasite at this hour.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 01-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #831
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
I'm naturally heated. And I off-set things with biting sarcasm which typically makes me sound even more heated. Also I have my thermostat up to 210...
No worries. Its been a good give-and-take but I think we can both agree its getting a bit repetitive now... this is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

Unlike Batman and the Joker, I'm not destined to do this forever... so I'm outta here for now.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #832
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Actually this is repetitive.

I may tell jokes, but -- it's a coping mechanism, you know... like Johnny Storm, Terry McGinnis, Peter Parker, all the greats.

ADDING: I'm bored...

Comically to others I never sound as sarcastic to others as I sound to myself.

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 01-26-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:03 PM   #833
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
The ol' postmodern theory take on characterization, I see...

I'm totally cool, man.
I should've put "... not yet" at the end of my statement. If WB is well and truly serious about getting JL on screens in 2015, we'll know who's wrong and who's right.

I can see both sides of the argument... Nolan ended his Batman saga on his terms. On the other hand, the ending of TDKR is ripe for a spinoff franchise. But I agree with Ultimatehero, a LOT of people were excitedly talking about a followup with JGL in the role. (I work at a theater, and more people were excited about JGL taking on the mantle than there are fanboys dreading it in JL.) Just because die-hard fans don't like the possibility, doesn't mean everyone else will too.

Die-hard fans' opinions mean nothing to the suits. They see a potential opening to link Nolan's films to JL, and they're going to exploit that if they can.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote