Side-Kick

Default Poll:Star Trek Show

Which one do you like better

marvelrobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #2
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: Poll:Star Trek Show

There is a poll for this already in the "We Made It" thread. But to answer the question, I voted DS9.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:10 AM   #3
Super Kal
Side-Kick

my favorite was TNG, however VOY comes in very close behind. didnt really care for DS9,, with the dark tones of the show, nor its political/religious tones, and ENT was just meh at best... TOS of course is good, but i relate more to TNG and the original cast movies than i do TOS

Old 01-26-2013, 01:13 AM   #4
Picard Sisko

For me, the darker tones and religious aspects are what made DS9 so great. It still maintained Rodenberry's vision of a hopeful future on Earth, but showed us that there will always be some kind of conflict or war of some kind. I'm glad they added Section 31 to the show as well.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 01-26-2013, 01:22 AM   #5
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Original will always be my favorate.DS9 Is best spinoff to me.Not popular oporion but I
stand by It.A shame It Is middle child.

I quit watching Enterprise early In season 2.But I came to regret that after watching Season 3 and 4 on DVD.Well not the crappy series finale.But every episode from Season 2 finale to next to last Episode of series I have come to enjoy.

Voyager Is my least favorate.The first Trek I gave up on.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:30 AM   #6
Picard Sisko

I am currently in the middle of Voyager Season 2. I heard it picks up after Season 4 (where Seven of Nine is introduced).

As for Enterprise, I haven't seen it in YEARS, so doesn't that show really pick up during the last couple of seasons? I imagine the finale sucks because they had to tie up everything together earlier than planned after it was cancelled. Glad there was some kind of conclusion at least.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:38 AM   #7
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The only real reason to watch Voyager was fr 7 of 9.even after Introducing her the writers still didn't want to admit some only watched for her.

The problem with enterprise series finale they turned It practuly Into NG episode and pissed off fans of enteprise(and yes there are some) by killing off a fan favorate character.

End of season 2 to begining of season 4 Is one big arc.And then In Season 4 It really became what enterprise was suspose to be.A Prequel show.Except for series finale.

I think you could almost get away with only watching pilot,and then season 2 finale to next to last episode(part 2 of a great real finale story guest starring Peter Weller)

Old 01-26-2013, 01:42 AM   #8
Picard Sisko

I think a prequel to TOS would have been better as a mini-series. No need for a whole series of pre-TOS IMO. Especially after going far into the future in the 24th century. Just make a show that takes place maybe a century after Voyager.

I don't remember Enterprise very well, but I do know that I liked the Pilot episode a lot. I just remember the show being somewhat boring.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:28 AM   #9
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I think a prequel to TOS would have been better as a mini-series. No need for a whole series of pre-TOS IMO. Especially after going far into the future in the 24th century. Just make a show that takes place maybe a century after Voyager.

I don't remember Enterprise very well, but I do know that I liked the Pilot episode a lot. I just remember the show being somewhat boring.
The early episodes were boring. They were exploring mundane things such as an asteroid, whereas in previous series they would've been exploring an actual planet. In Season 1 they were trying to distinguish it too much from previous Trek shows and didn't even have the name Star Trek attached to it. Once that was put back, it began picking up. Then the last 2 seasons were one big arc (a bit like DS9) and were more enjoyable.

The finale was terrible though, and a poor way to bring to an end decades of Trek at that point. It ended in a state of weakness and defeat, as if no-one wanted Trek anymore. The 2009 movie brought it back to life.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #10
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The post Domonion war peroid would have been Ideal to explore In a new show.The Domonion was defeatd but It could have lasting effects.The cardassians are defeated people.The Klingons may have been weakened by way.How are relations between The Federation and Romulans.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #11
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
The early episodes were boring. They were exploring mundane things such as an asteroid, whereas in previous series they would've been exploring an actual planet. In Season 1 they were trying to distinguish it too much from previous Trek shows and didn't even have the name Star Trek attached to it. Once that was put back, it began picking up. Then the last 2 seasons were one big arc (a bit like DS9) and were more enjoyable.

The finale was terrible though, and a poor way to bring to an end decades of Trek at that point. It ended in a state of weakness and defeat, as if no-one wanted Trek anymore. The 2009 movie brought it back to life.
That's unfortunate.

I don't understand why they were trying to distance the show from the name "Star Trek." They made three series in a row (all of which were successful) so I see no reason to do that.

As much as many fans hate the 2009 film, if it weren't for that movie, then we wouldn't be seeing Star Trek for a very long time. Also, it would have probably been a reboot that wouldn't even acknowledge the original timeline and make everything that happened already irrelevant.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #12
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
That's unfortunate.

I don't understand why they were trying to distance the show from the name "Star Trek." They made three series in a row (all of which were successful) so I see no reason to do that.

As much as many fans hate the 2009 film, if it weren't for that movie, then we wouldn't be seeing Star Trek for a very long time. Also, it would have probably been a reboot that wouldn't even acknowledge the original timeline and make everything that happened already irrelevant.
They thought that the name "Star Trek" could put potential viewers off who have a certain preconception of the show. So they removed it and it was just called Enterprise, hoping that people would just tune in not realising it was a Star Trek show. Of course, with a name like that which is synonymous with their ship, it kind of defeats the purpose.

Eventually they realised their mistake and the words "Star Trek" began appearing in the title and other marketing material.

The Russell Watson song was also used for the same reason, so that it would appear different to previous Trek shows.

In the end though, it wasn't that different from other shows. The writing was much the same, as was the style. The later ones, which were even more like this were generally better received than the early 1st season where they were trying to be more "realistic" and just explore asteroids etc and not have any of their so-called campy planets or aliens.

I feel though that a lot of this should be discussed in the Enterprise thread. If you choose to reply, you can quote this but put it in that thread so we have things to discuss in there.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Old 01-26-2013, 09:12 PM   #13
3rdstone
In a room full of mirrors

Since this prolly will be a fight between TOS, TNG and DS9, I'll support VOY today just for the heck of it.

- If you don't eat your meat you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!?

3rdstone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:45 PM   #14
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I voted the original series. It's not that I disliked the other ones as I did. Even Enterprise had its moments. But the original is just my favourite.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #15
Great Mind(s)
Broken

DS9! Favorite show of all time.

Great Mind(s) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:20 AM   #16
Picard Sisko

I love DS9 so much. So underrated IMO.

For those Star Trek and DS9 fans out there... what do you think of Babylon 5? This video annoys me so much:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Seems like the guy has a ton of resentment towards Star Trek because they rejected the pitch for his series.