The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 05:15 AM   #351
SuperSAINT
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Big Bad Star Lord Thread

Tugboat for Gamora?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 01-06-2013, 07:09 AM   #352
deadmannuk12
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
Drax has an adult daughter...it would make sense that someone over 40 is cast in the role.

But isnt his body new? And Alian? I look at drax like the Wolverine/Hulk of the team, and hugh jackman was 31 when he was cast as wolverine. If they want to do more of thes films every 3yrs its better to go with a guy in his 30s rather than 40s, but both can work.

All so did you see I gave an example of a wrestler doing Shakespeare in the other thread?

Old 01-06-2013, 08:40 AM   #353
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

everyone needs to keep in mind that there will likely be drastic changes to the look and backstory of drax and the other characters. he may or may not have a daughter and her age is completely up in the air. that said i would prefer an older man with a top flight acting resume, but younger is okay too.

oh and f*** wrestlers. in the ear. take that s*** elsewhere kiddo.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #354
deadmannuk12
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
oh and f*** wrestlers. in the ear. take that s*** elsewhere kiddo.
LMAO...You ask for a wrestler who can do shakespeare and I give you one, so you get mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmannuk12 View Post
Ok how about this for your pudding
Shad Gaspard, 6'5" wrestler and shakespearean actor go to 2:35in the video

http://youtu.be/isHdQ8_bqTk?t=2m35s

Jello
@Joeyjojo72 @Nathan @AVEITWITHJAMON

I'm not going to start a long convo on Star Lord thread, but that makes you a hypocrite, and if that pisses you off to bad. You say you want some one experienced or talented, but when I show you one you choose to ignor there talent bc they where wrestlers at one point. You DONT want some one talented, you want the safe status quo.

Your logic goes hand and hand with the people who wanted burt reynolds to play rocky, Richard Kiel to be the hulk, or Dougray Scott to be wolverine. Going by what you have written talent only comes in one form, but this observation is wrong. Talent is universal, so if they cast a dish washer, cook, bell hop, MMA fighter, or wrestler for Drax I'm sure it's bc they are talented.

Sorry to rant on this thread. If you want to reply back do so on Drax thread

Old 01-06-2013, 12:15 PM   #355
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
Tugboat for Gamora?

His boobs are certainly big enough.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #356
Project862006
Banned User

well time for you guys to weep lol JGL passes on GOTG for Sin City 2
http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/jose...e-to-kill-for/

Old 01-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #357
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Pity. I hope Edgerton or Pace are still in the running.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 01-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #358
Lobo
skip skip skip

Not entirely sure but think Edgerton was announced as doing something else already. I'm rooting for Pace or Marsden

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Old 01-08-2013, 07:30 AM   #359
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Shame, other than JGL Edgerton was my pick for the role.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 01-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #360
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
Not entirely sure but think Edgerton was announced as doing something else already.
"Jane Got a Gun". But it films early this year and he'll play 3rd fiddle to Natalie Portman & Michael Fassbender. GotG won't start filming until later this year.

Same can be said for JGL actually. I don't know if it's just assumed he won't be doing GotG because he signed on for Sin City (which is an ensemble & is filming now) or if it was seperately confirmed that he won't do GotG, because those films won't overlap at all.

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 01-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #361
deadmannuk12
Side-Kick

Oh well, JGL comes, JGL Goes, we still have other good picks

Old 01-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #362
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Still like Stapleton, but he probably won't get it because he's far, far from a household name. Pity though... if you've never seen Strike Back, you really need to. He's awesome on that show.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #363
DocHoliday
The King of Cool

Sin City will be shot very quickly. It's how Robert Rodriguez gets the people he gets. But I'm guessing Deadline has a reason to think he isn't going to do GOTG.

Can we get Armie Hammer in on this. He's a good actor and isn't overexposed (I don't think Lone Ranger will be a hit either).

Old 01-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #364
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Drax was totally remade by Kronos after his human body died, so the actor who plays him doesn't have to match the character's chronological age.

The names on Marvel's shortlist turn 35,40 and 44 this year. Regardless about Drax's reborn status, you have to have an actor that has enough wear and tear to sell the idea that he's older. And Drax is an old soul. His entirely life is revenge motivated, and hatred motivated. I think it takes an actor with a bit of age on them to truly tap into that dark place.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #365
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
Sin City will be shot very quickly. It's how Robert Rodriguez gets the people he gets. But I'm guessing Deadline has a reason to think he isn't going to do GOTG.

Can we get Armie Hammer in on this. He's a good actor and isn't overexposed (I don't think Lone Ranger will be a hit either).
I would love Armie Hammer. He's actually my pick for Adam Warlock, but I think he'd do a fine in many MCU leads.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #366
samsnee
Side-Kick

I was thinking Chris Pratt might be good for Star Lord. Anyone see him in Zero Dark Thirty?

Old 01-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #367
Lobo
skip skip skip

The Star Lord casting is really reminding me of the Cap casting. LOTS of names. I think we will be hearing something soon. I'm kinda rooting for Chris Lowell at the moment

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Old 01-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #368
SuperSAINT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
The Star Lord casting is really reminding me of the Cap casting. LOTS of names. I think we will be hearing something soon. I'm kinda rooting for Chris Lowell at the moment
I see what you're saying. On Cap though, it was crazy - We'd keep hearing who was auditioning, and then who was out of the running on almost a daily basis.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:02 PM   #369
Lobo
skip skip skip

Yup and then BOOM it was Evans. Thought that was going to happen with JGL. Guardians is actually the property I'm most looking forward to.

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Old 01-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #370
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Didn't Evans come out of nowhere? He wasn't even on the radar at first with Cap.

I prefer someone like Armie Hammer for Captain Mar-Vell than Adam Warlock.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #371
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I hope we get a casting announcement some time next month with the movie starting filming this summer.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:44 AM   #372
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Cs Funny Re: The Big Bad Star Lord Thread

This is what's going to happen.

Actor X will get cast. He'll be someone who's most famous role is a walk on cameo as some cousin of some A-list actor in a Hollywood movie. He'll have done one or two indie movies that were well received, but sub-Oscar level. And many will jump on the bandwagon and act like they've been huge fans since his first role / will see all his movies, and jump on the bandwagon that he's Hollywood's great overlooked talent, regardless if he is or not.

Not that it's wrong, just making a prediction.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #373
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:

Actor X will get cast. He'll be someone who's most famous role is a walk on cameo as some cousin of some A-list actor in a Hollywood movie. He'll have done one or two indie movies that were well received, but sub-Oscar level. And many will jump on the bandwagon and act like they've been huge fans since his first role / will see all his movies, and jump on the bandwagon that he's Hollywood's great overlooked talent, regardless if he is or not.

Well I've been a fan of that guy for a while now, no bandwagoning. I hope he gets the role.

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 01-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #374
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
Well I've been a fan of that guy for a while now, no bandwagoning. I hope he gets the role.

That happened with Evans. Everyone started crowing about how perfect he was. I was skeptical. He eventually proved me wrong, but I guess I found fans assurance to be more wishful thinking, than based on hard evidence.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #375
Figs
Banned User

Quote:

This is pretty much what does in fact happen with lesser known actors getting cast in comic films. Also, that same actor will be the #1 pick from fanboys for every new action film.

Closed Thread