The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Smallville

Old 01-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #551
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: Smallville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
Either Hal, John Stewart, or Kyle Rayner would work for me.
Same, I'd be happy for either

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #552
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Please don't flame me, but I think Kristin Kreuk was miscast as Lana Lang.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #553
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
I wouldn't go as far to say she was miscast,since they cast a black Pete and had a new character in Chloe, so it was clear they were doing things differently. But I think she was definitely misused. I think Kristin was great in the first season, but as the series evolved and her character changed, that's when she didn't seem to fit anymore.

We've spoken here a lot before about how the comic version of Lana was basically split into Lana and Chloe, and I think that became a big problem as the series progressed, since Clark's relationship with Lana was based more on angst and secrets. They never became close friends, but rather distant lovers. Everything that Chloe became up until season 6 was basically what Lana was supposed to be, aside from the journalist stuff. She went from being a romantic interest, to being a close and trust worthy friend, and almost as a little sister to Clark.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #554
Johnny
Side-Kick

I don't think she was miscast. The actress was ok, the character was terrible.

Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:06 PM   #555
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I wouldn't go as far to say she was miscast,since they cast a black Pete and had a new character in Chloe, so it was clear they were doing things differently. But I think she was definitely misused. I think Kristin was great in the first season, but as the series evolved and her character changed, that's when she didn't seem to fit anymore.

We've spoken here a lot before about how the comic version of Lana was basically split into Lana and Chloe, and I think that became a big problem as the series progressed, since Clark's relationship with Lana was based more on angst and secrets. They never became close friends, but rather distant lovers. Everything that Chloe became up until season 6 was basically what Lana was supposed to be, aside from the journalist stuff. She went from being a romantic interest, to being a close and trust worthy friend, and almost as a little sister to Clark.
This, Lana was a reporter in the comics in the silver age and a news reporter in the bronze age.

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
ironman29758 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:26 AM   #556
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Both Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles auditioned for the role of Clark Kent on “Smallville”. Which of the two actors could have made a better Clark on the show? My vote goes to Jared, he has the buid, height, and looks to pull off the role. Not that anyone could top Tom Welling in the role.

Yeah I don't think Ackles would have fit as CLark, he seems to "crazy" to be playing Superman.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #557
Indy1Jones
Indiana Jones

Quote:
Yes she was. Thats why I liked Chloe better than Lana.

Last edited by Indy1Jones; 01-27-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Indy1Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #558
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Both Lana and Chloe overstayed their welcome on Smallville. I don't feel Kristen was miscast she was just misused. They had no idea what to do with her but wouldn't write her out because she was so pretty.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #559
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

I wuv Chloe.

A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #560
Indy1Jones
Indiana Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I wuv Chloe.
Me to.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:19 AM   #561
Johnny
Side-Kick

Chloe is awesome. I can kind of understand why she irritated people sometimes but not me. I adore Allison.

Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #562
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I never really had a problem with her because I liked Allison as well, but I think after season 6, her character went through some of the same issues that Lana went through earlier, which was that they didn't know how to keep her around, but they still wanted to have her around, so they changed her drastically to the point where it seemed like she was more of a setback for Clark.

All that talk about him being a BDA was because Chloe had suddenly become smarter than him and basically commanded him around. He couldn't make any decisions without consulting her for a long time. Adding to that, they made her a meteor freak for a while, put her in the spotlight for much of the last few seasons, and had her marry Oliver while becoming Watchtower for the JL. Stuff like that made it more desirable that she would have died earlier in the series.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #563
Milos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I wuv Chloe.

Milos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #564
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
I never really had a problem with her because I liked Allison as well, but I think after season 6, her character went through some of the same issues that Lana went through earlier, which was that they didn't know how to keep her around, but they still wanted to have her around, so they changed her drastically to the point where it seemed like she was more of a setback for Clark.
I agree with this, when Lana left it seems like they gave Chloe some of what i would consider "bad Lana plots"(ie the relationship angst plots)

Quote:
All that talk about him being a BDA was because Chloe had suddenly become smarter than him and basically commanded him around. He couldn't make any decisions without consulting her for a long time. Adding to that, they made her a meteor freak for a while, put her in the spotlight for much of the last few seasons, and had her marry Oliver while becoming Watchtower for the JL. Stuff like that made it more desirable that she would have died earlier in the series.
I think this was my bigger issue with the character then being shot into angsty relationship plots in later seasons(as bad as they were). I had no problem Chloe being used every now and then like they used her in early seasons but starting around Season 5 it was like Clark couldn't go to the washroom without consulting with Chloe first. It basically felt like Chloe to often was built up by dumbing down Clark so her character could have a bigger purpose. The show would be better served if Clark came to her on occasion for the odd piece of info in those early seasons, but let the heroics lie squarely on the shoulders of Clark and let Chloe be off doing her own thing and mainly used as a character Clark can talk to about stuff in his personal life(not hero life). I am guessing though the producers figured they would pander to the Chloe fanbase and have Chloe more active him sidekicking for Clark since it would give her more screentime and a bigger purpose.

Last edited by SV Fan; 03-01-2013 at 04:29 PM.
SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #565
Indy1Jones
Indiana Jones

Chloe/Allison is awesome.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:08 AM   #566
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
I agree with this, when Lana left it seems like they gave Chloe some of what i would consider "bad Lana plots"(ie the relationship angst plots)
I first started to really dislike Chloe when they kept doing the on again off again relationship with Jimmy. I really hated the triangle they tried to do with Kara, mostly because that just seemed to be a plot device to give those characters something to do.

Quote:
I think this was my bigger issue with the character then being shot into angsty relationship plots in later seasons(as bad as they were). I had no problem Chloe being used every now and then like they used her in early seasons but starting around Season 5 it was like Clark couldn't go to the washroom without consulting with Chloe first. It basically felt like Chloe to often was built up by dumbing down Clark so her character could have a bigger purpose. The show would be better served if Clark came to her on occasion for the odd piece of info in those early seasons, but let the heroics lie squarely on the shoulders of Clark and let Chloe be off doing her own thing and mainly used as a character Clark can talk to about stuff in his personal life(not hero life). I am guessing though the producers figured they would pander to the Chloe fanbase and have Chloe more active him sidekicking for Clark since it would give her more screentime and a bigger purpose.
Yeah, I remember early in the series, they said Chloe was supposed to be like the audience's voice, and also the person who basically explained everything in a short time so the audience could understand what was going on, since Allison was so good at doing exposition and making it seem natural. I didn't mind that, but once they made her Clark babysitter, it did seem like a distraction. If anything, I think they should've killed her at the end of season 3.

But I really hated her after season 8 because it was clear that Brian and Kelly loved her more and put her more in the spotlight than Clark. I also liken her return in season 10 to Lana's return in season 8, where it just didn't fit and killed the momentum of the first half. The truth is, Chloe only became a big chsaracter because Lana and Martha were gone, so they needed somebody, and they had not yet pulled the trigger on Lois and Clark. But that's why season 9 is my favorite, because Clark no longer relied on Chloe and they finally started to build up a likeable female that actually pushed Clark on his journey, as opposed to holding him back.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #567
Indy1Jones
Indiana Jones

I don't think chloes character was that bad IMO I liked her overall I thinked she fitted well for the whole show.