The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #676
kit1982
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Leeds beating Spurs.....Michael Brown all over Scott Parker..... Sam Byram keeping Bale in his pocket the only disappointment is that old sloppy chops isn't in charge!

Old 01-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #677
kit1982
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Spoke to soon!

Old 01-27-2013, 10:15 AM   #678
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Leeds beat Spurs with Scott Parker wearing the armband, who says the Magic of the FA Cup is gone?

Also, did I see Suarez wearing the armband for Liverpool or did the alcohol from last night have some adverse effects?

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 01-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #679
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

love the reaction of the liverpool keeper and Skrtel. the ball bounced away from the keeper and the oldham strikers goes for it yet gets booked while the LP players are seen putting there hands on him and get nothing

yes it was a close challenge but he well in his rights to have a crack at it

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 01-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #680
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Just wanted to say the Congo goalkeepers celebration the other day is hilarious

Old 01-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #681
bapi
Side-Kick

Looks like two players could leave City soon - Balotelli (Milan, 22-24M euro) and Kolo Toure (Galatasaray, 1.5-2M euro). Both deals would be very good.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 01-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #682
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Making space for Cavani in the summer?

Old 01-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #683
bapi
Side-Kick

I think they still need to sell Dzeko if they'll want to sign Cavani or Falcao.

Also looks like I was right about Txiki and he's the boss now. City should even switch to 4-3-3 next season so we'll see what will happen.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 01-27-2013, 01:40 PM   #684
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Hard fought win for Oldham although Liverpool had chances, especially Sturridge in the 1st half. I see the lad that scored their 3rd is on his way back to City.

I didn't see Chelsea vs Brentford, how late on was Torres equalizer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
Leeds beating Spurs.....Michael Brown all over Scott Parker..... Sam Byram keeping Bale in his pocket the only disappointment is that old sloppy chops isn't in charge!
Congrats mate, I thought to myself the icing on the cake would have been if 'arry was still Spurs manager as I know you love you some AVB. The second goal was a cauliflowered stonker of net ripping flatulence!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 01-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #685
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
I think they still need to sell Dzeko if they'll want to sign Cavani or Falcao.

Also looks like I was right about Txiki and he's the boss now. City should even switch to 4-3-3 next season so we'll see what will happen.
So is Mancini just a puppet there now?

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 01-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #686
bapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
So is Mancini just a puppet there now?
I wouldn't say he's a muppet and his relationship with Txiki is much better than with Marwood but that academy project is the future of Man. City and it's important to have some continuity and fluidity. Also their results in Europe are not good at all so they have to act and make some changes. 6 or 7 players should leave now or in the summer and they'll try to rebuild/improve their midfield.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 01-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #687
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Fergie loves wingers and he's English, if he wasn't the latter I doubt we'd have bought him.

Well we've ended up paying that stupid amount for him, he's looked like a poor man's Danny Welbeck whenever I've seen him, lets the ball get too far away from him when he runs with it, PL defenders will wrap him up, we should be aiming higher, our team is riddled with English players right now.
Agreed, he seems to give the ball away cheaply as well by having wasteful hit & hope shots at goal quite often.

However it's to be expected, if anyone can improve him it's Ferguson & Manchester United. My main issue is that for 10m + 5m later you should be more or less getting a player that is a little more along than I feel Zaha is.. however I could be mistaken. I've not watched nearly enough of him to rule him as a fail signing just yet, but in the glimpses I have seen of him he looks quite clumsy at times.

Given our current position with Valencia badly out of form, Nani wasting too much time & going down too softly & with Ashley Young being our best current winger he could well find himself thrown straight into the deep end next season.

Quote:
I think the Wanyama speculation came up again just because Fergie was at the game the other night, but he was up there for a funeral and just took in a game as a fan from what I read.
I hope so, unless we are getting him for 5m or so, I don't think he's worth the risk.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #688
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

**** everything

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 01-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #689
RKO
QT's Personal Consultant.

Quote:
I didn't see Chelsea vs Brentford, how late on was Torres equalizer?
83 min. from outside the box.

Someone get this hothead out of here!
Old 01-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #690
Harry_Lime02
Concerned Citizen

Yeesh. So many top teams going out or almost going out this round. Everyone wants to be the next Bradford, it seems.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:27 PM   #691
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
**** everything
And this might be my favourite post in the past month or so.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:13 AM   #692
kit1982
Side-Kick

Quote:
Congrats mate, I thought to myself the icing on the cake would have been if 'arry was still Spurs manager as I know you love you some AVB. The second goal was a cauliflowered stonker of net ripping flatulence!

Cheers mate, although getting drawn against City away was a nice kick in the balls, Bapi we're coming for you! To be fair to AVB I think his defensive players really let him down, Diouf and McCormack are two of the slowest players I've ever seen yet the amount of times they got in behind was untrue. "Net ripping flatulence" may just be the most inspired description I've heard!

I fear it's only a matter of time before Sam Byram goes, first season as a pro and the boys the business!

Old 01-28-2013, 05:18 AM   #693
The Englishman
Marching On Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
Cheers mate, although getting drawn against City away was a nice kick in the balls, Bapi we're coming for you! To be fair to AVB I think his defensive players really let him down, Diouf and McCormack are two of the slowest players I've ever seen yet the amount of times they got in behind was untrue. "Net ripping flatulence" may just be the most inspired description I've heard!

I fear it's only a matter of time before Sam Byram goes, first season as a pro and the boys the business!
Byrams signed a new contract until 2016. He's going nowhere

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
Old 01-28-2013, 05:53 AM   #694
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

First Sneijder, now Drogba- didn't Galatasaray get the memo on the FFP?

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
Superman- Henry Cavill, 29
Wonder Woman- Gal Gadot, 28
The Flash- Jake Gyllenhaal, 31
Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds, 36; Idris Elba, 40
and
Vandal Savage- Javier Bardem, 43
Old 01-28-2013, 09:30 AM   #695
kit1982
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Englishman View Post
Byrams signed a new contract until 2016. He's going nowhere

Becchio's signed up till 2014 and he's still off, Delph was signed up for 5 years when he left. It's Leeds United mate, if the offers half decent he'll be gone.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #696
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Kit, I'll give you a bag of chips (or crisps) and some bubblegum for Byram.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 01-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #697
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

We could be about to sign David Villa, but it looks as though it is going to go right down to the wire.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #698
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
We could be about to sign David Villa, but it looks as though it is going to go right down to the wire.
While that would be a pretty big signing and surprising because of it, is he what you guys really need right now?

Old 01-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #699
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
While that would be a pretty big signing and surprising because of it, is he what you guys really need right now?
We need a clinical and efficient striker, a '30 goal a season' type striker. We're never going to shell out the moeny required to get a Falcao or a Cavani, so a 32 year old David Villa is better than nothing. His pedigree is there for all to see, and despite his age, most of Villa's goals come as a result of his movement, rather than his physicality or pace, so he should still be a valuable asset, and is a different option to what we currently have.

He desperately wants to join us now from what I've heard, but Barca are playing hard ball. Probably, pee'd off by us fleecing them 15m for Song..

Old 01-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #700
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

And there we go: Sky Sports News: Arsenal deny being in talks to sign David Villa from Barcelona

Closed Thread