The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 05:08 PM   #676
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

To be honest it's a great way to do a nod, I generally hate it when they do something obvious.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #677
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

Lloyd Phillips, one of the producers of Man of Steel died last night of a heart attack.

Story.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 01-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #678
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

If true, it is a nice ****ing nod.

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #679
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I think he'll most likely just be in the back ground, but you do have to wonder if Clark sees him and gets an idea to wear some glasses
I agree. I think it will just be in the background. I think its a pretty damn clever way to do it.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #680
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Lloyd Phillips, one of the producers of Man of Steel died last night of a heart attack.

Story.
Thats very unfortunate to hear RIP Lloyd.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 01-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #681
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

that sucks, R.I.P.

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 01-27-2013, 10:19 PM   #682
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Has anybody heard about a possible TV Spot/trailer during the Super Bowl next week?

Old 01-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #683
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
Has anybody heard about a possible TV Spot/trailer during the Super Bowl next week?
Zilch. CBS has pretty much sold out of ad time for the Super Bowl and Warner Bros. aren't listed.

Paramount (Star Trek), Disney and Universal are the only studios who bought air time, so unless it's a top super secret spot that hasn't been disclosed there will be no MOS spot.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:12 PM   #684
Frodo
Side-Kick

I personally don't like the nod unless its just some guy who's dresses like reeve as opposed to literally putting him there. It seems to me if Synder and co keep saying up and down that , "this isn't related to the other films and we dont want any single connection to the other films" etc, putting a CGI Reeve with a wink and a wink and a nod kinda counters the "we're acting like this is the first version of Superman" mentality that they've been pushing.

If Michael Keaton had made a cameo in TDK or TDKR you would have had the similar kind issue. However Noel Neil did have a quick scene in Superman the movie so I guess its not unprecedented.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:46 PM   #685
Naite22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
I think tomorrow Empire might be revealing their cover for the next part of their 2013 preview covering the Superhero movies which will either be Iron Man 3 or Man of Steel taking center stage and cover.

It would be interesting if it was MOS as their last issue which was the "Sci Fi" movies of 2013 featured 2 Star Trek covers, it could mean MOS would get 2....like say one featuring Superman and the other Zod offering the first official reveal.
While Superman is no doubt bigger then Iron Man, I think MOS needs more promotion and exposure then that of Iron Man 3, at this point in time! Actually, it needs all the promotion in the world this movie... And I hope we get it!

Old 01-28-2013, 12:53 AM   #686
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
I personally don't like the nod unless its just some guy who's dresses like reeve as opposed to literally putting him there. It seems to me if Synder and co keep saying up and down that , "this isn't related to the other films and we dont want any single connection to the other films" etc, putting a CGI Reeve with a wink and a wink and a nod kinda counters the "we're acting like this is the first version of Superman" mentality that they've been pushing.

If Michael Keaton had made a cameo in TDK or TDKR you would have had the similar kind issue. However Noel Neil did have a quick scene in Superman the movie so I guess its not unprecedented.
Well that and plus unlike all of those scenarios and situation, Reeve has already passed away nearly a decade ago, so it would be in bad taste to have his likeness there in the manner like how Terminator Salvation did with Arnold for their terminator.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:59 AM   #687
Project862006
Banned User

maybe it can be Annette O'Toole it would come full circle with her being lana in SM3 and ma kent in smallville lol

Old 01-28-2013, 01:33 AM   #688
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Ha that Reeves nod (potentially) is pretty cool and could work quite well in relation to the scene which we're assuming is Clark's introduction to Metropolis where he's biking to the DP then he walks through the lobby and puts his glasses on completing the disguise as the elevator door closes. It's pretty cool in context that in the introduction of 'New Clark' they pay a nod to the 'Old Clark' during this sequence.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:10 AM   #689
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

What if it's just someone who looks a lot like Reeve, and Cavill sees this guy on the street, turns around and looks at him like he's seen him before. Then he just shrugs it off and keeps on going.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 01-28-2013, 02:23 AM   #690
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Any more tasteless and it'd be any Kardashian.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:48 AM   #691
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Last edited by G.Godfrey; 01-28-2013 at 04:10 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:50 AM   #692
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Superman.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:50 AM   #693
Glassjaw
In training

HOT DAMN.

Nothing even about it on their website yet, damn you subscribers!!

Old 01-28-2013, 03:52 AM   #694
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Not sure yet if there are different covers, probably. My girlfriends cousin tweeted me that photo, lol.

edit: yeah that's a collector's cover. Looking forward to more covers and inside photos. GOOD DAY TODAY!

Old 01-28-2013, 03:54 AM   #695
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post

Is that real?

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-28-2013, 03:56 AM   #696
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Looks real, man. Dayum..

Glad to see the armbraces not sticking out too much. They shouldnt look silver.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:56 AM   #697
Glassjaw
In training

Wow nice find that cousin! Great to know we'll have something new and tangible to read very soon, last issue said this one was out Jan 31st so fingers crossed they've stayed on schedule.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:57 AM   #698
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Is that real?
No, all this is an illusion. We are all in a lab tube on some distant alien planet as part of their experiment.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:58 AM   #699
Super Kal
Side-Kick

meh...

Old 01-28-2013, 03:58 AM   #700
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Is that real?
It's actually an optical illusion, in the vein of Ron Burgundy's pants.

Closed Thread