Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #626
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
If anything, the others would be grayed up and Wolverine would look the same age as now because of his healing factor causing him to age slower than the rest. He can't be the only grayed up one, because then the others would either be dead (which we already get in The Wolverine) or using a Zimmer frame. Rogue would have white hair with a streak of brown in it.
He's been around since the Civil War! He can have a little gray!

Old 01-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #627
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Exactement! The others don't have to be dead (or much older from how old they were from the original trilogy) for Wolvie to show some graying of the hair.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:56 PM   #628
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

If Wolvie has managed to stay this well preserved since the Civil War and even looks un-aged by The Wolverine, then why should he suddenly be graying during DOFP? If it's before The Wolverine, then it makes no sense. And even if it's a little after, then why should the aging process suddenly kick in?

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Old 01-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #629
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Fine. They can explain that he used some Just For Men: Touch of Gray. Happy Now? *runs away crying*

Old 01-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #630
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I think they should leave it where it is.

While the Hobbit is definitely popular, I feel the X would fare better if the two were to face off at the box office. With the way DOFP is shaping up, I see it being one of the must see movies of 2014, where as the Hobbit will be on it's last film and will likely be suffering from the fact that they are attempting to spread ONE book over THREE films. This is arguably the biggest problem the first film had, despite it nearing a billion at the box office.
The Hobbit is close to hitting the $1 billion mark at the worldwide box-office. And at domestic box-office, its close to hitting the $300 million mark.

Even if DOFP opens at #1 and beats The Hobbit at the opening weekend, the Hobbit would still earn a lot of money. But if DOFP is the only new movie that is gonna be opening in the weekend, there's more chances for DOFP that it will get more money. Competing with a big movie like The Hobbit is a gamble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I feel like X3 will be viewed better in retrospect IF Days Of Future Past fixes issues, making the cure relevant to the dark future etc. X3 can be seen as the calm before the storm...
Absolutely! And they are just making X3 worse than it is if they are planning to ignore like it didn't exist.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
Old 01-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #631
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
If Wolvie has managed to stay this well preserved since the Civil War and even looks un-aged by The Wolverine, then why should he suddenly be graying during DOFP? If it's before The Wolverine, then it makes no sense. And even if it's a little after, then why should the aging process suddenly kick in?
The only way for him to be going grey is for his healing factor to have been affected by events in The Wolverine.

We do know there is some sort of 'kryptonite' in The Wolverine, which many believe to be the Muramasa Blade.

If the future is set beyond The Wolverine, then maybe his healing has been challenged and his ageing begins to be more advanced. That's the only possibility.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
Old 01-27-2013, 06:57 PM   #632
JP
Flame On

But all that goes for the Hobbit as well, psylockolossus.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #633
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Yeah I know, I considered her nineties costume but I thought it would be too colourful and out there for a dystopian future.
That is her best costume!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroman View Post
If Hobbit 3 moves, i hope this will increase the chances of DOFP getting an IMAX release. It would be great if a X-Men movie (and an epic one at that) could finally be seen in that format. I wonder if Singer would shoot sequences with IMAX cameras? He's said he's interested in doing so in the past, if i'm not mistaken.
DOFP should definitely get an IMAX release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
But all that goes for the Hobbit as well, psylockolossus.
Yeah but I don't care about that movie plus its the last movie for that series. Their studio already got their budget back especially with The Hobbit earning more than $900 million. With DOFP, this movie should at least cost $200 million and if the opening weekend of DOFP is disastrous, it could be the end of this movie series and people would call it a flop and blame FOX for letting it compete with The Hobbit at the opening weekend.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #634
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I kinda want to see the two films going head-to-head! If not I want The Hobbit to gtfo of that July date!

Old 01-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #635
Angamb
Banned User

I find really weird that Warner will release the final part of the hobbit just 6 months after the seconds. Thats REALLY weird.

so I think that if Hobbit 2 its big just like this first one, Warner will end moving the third part to December too. They wouldnt want to risk the third part having two huge success on December, and then to change the formula.

And again, July would be more or lees 6 months after the last one! and if some viewers watch the Hobbit 2 on Jan, or even Feb of 2014, that would be just 5 months later, lol.

they will move, if Fox keeps the date

Old 01-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #636
BMM
Side-Kick

You say it like it's unheard of when Warner Bros. did almost the exact same thing with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Parts 1 and 2. Part 1 was released mid-November 2010 and Part 2 was released mid-July 2011.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #637
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Yea I'm afraid if the second Hobbit is a success they'll be even more confident in a summer release.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #638
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

It's like a mexican stand off or a chicken race, who moves first!

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 5. The Avengers
6. The Dark Knight Rises | 7. X2 | 8. Spider-Man 2 | 9. Batman Returns | 10. Iron Man 3
Old 01-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #639
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
It's like a mexican stand off or a chicken race, who moves first!
In the case of Chipotle it's a mexican chicken.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Old 01-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #640
Angamb
Banned User

but the second movie would be a hit on November. They dont know how the movie could work having X-men and Transformers on the theatres at the same time.

Its a risk for both studios, not just for Fox.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:19 PM   #641
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroman View Post
If Hobbit 3 moves, i hope this will increase the chances of DOFP getting an IMAX release. It would be great if a X-Men movie (and an epic one at that) could finally be seen in that format. I wonder if Singer would shoot sequences with IMAX cameras? He's said he's interested in doing so in the past, if i'm not mistaken.
Fox is releasing DoFP in 3D, whether it'll be post-converted or natively-shot. Singer has said that he would definitely like to shoot DoFP with the Red Epic in 48 fps (like Peter Jackson did with The Hobbit), since he did shoot Jack the Giant Slayer with the same camera.

I always found it odd that Fox never really explored more feature films released in IMAX. They've done the odd movie like Avatar and Day the Earth Stood Still... but no IMAX DMR releases for their superhero films. Maybe it's because WB, Disney and Paramount have a monopoly on dates way in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
You say it like it's unheard of when Warner Bros. did almost the exact same thing with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Parts 1 and 2. Part 1 was released mid-November 2010 and Part 2 was released mid-July 2011.
I'd like to add that WB did that with the last two Matrix movies (Reloaded hit May 2003 and Revolutions came out November 2003). Additionally, Summit also did that with New Moon coming in mid-November 2009, and then Eclipse hit June 30, 2010. Closely-timed sequels are becoming a thing.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 01-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #642
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
Singer has said that he would definitely like to shoot DoFP with the Red Epic in 48 fps (like Peter Jackson did with The Hobbit), since he did shoot Jack the Giant Slayer with the same camera.
Oh God no! I don't want 48 frames per second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
but the second movie would be a hit on November. They dont know how the movie could work having X-men and Transformers on the theatres at the same time.

Its a risk for both studios, not just for Fox.
Jeez, as if X-Men is a major threat to The Hobbit. Its the last film of the trilogy and the ending of the movie adaptation for The Hobbit, of course it will do well. And as for Transformers, its opening at least 3 weeks earlier.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #643
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Seconded. The fact that it'll be shot in digital already makes me angry.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #644
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Oh God no! I don't want 48 frames per second.
Singer has said he'd like to shoot DoFP that way, but it doesn't mean it'll happen. He'll probably shoot with the Red Epic, but not in 48 fps... considering the mixed reaction to The Hobbit's 48 fps presentation.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 01-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #645
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
Seconded. The fact that it'll be shot in digital already makes me angry.
I love film as much as the next cinephile, but this digital revolution is becoming a reality (studios are forcing directors with little to no clout to switch to digital for moderate cost savings).

But if Singer does shoot with the Red Epic, it'll be a gorgeous looking movie. I watched The Hobbit and I was amazed at how filmlike it looked. Or if he and his DP use the Arri Alexa, that also produces some beautiful filmlike images.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 01-27-2013, 08:44 PM   #646
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo is the only digitally shot movie I've been impressed by.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #647
Project862006
Banned User

^you did'nt like Drive?

Old 01-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #648
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Yeah it was okay. Definitely looked digital though.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #649
Iceman
XMN AVNGRS JL

All competition from films of this level (DOFP+) is bad for any size film. The difference being doing well and doing almost as well but not quite due to unnecessary competition will easily be $100m from worldwide box office.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #650
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

So if I reading y'all correctly: XM: 1st C will be the new timeline,but it will not start from the 60's,but closer to our timeline and we will have the correct characters?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/83f2ffc92...dteyo1_500.gif
Closed Thread