The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 05:26 AM   #751
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

So you guys like how dark the suit is?

Old 01-28-2013, 05:27 AM   #752
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post
Nope. But I'll get over it.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:28 AM   #753
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post
Much prefer the colors on the new shot to that other magazine cover a month back

Old 01-28-2013, 05:29 AM   #754
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Nope. But I'll get over it.
i hope i can get over it. the dark color tones of Superman Returns prevented me from fully enjoying what that film was all about

Old 01-28-2013, 05:30 AM   #755
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

´´Superman gets The Dark Knight treatment`` is what says on the regular cover...ugh...

Old 01-28-2013, 05:30 AM   #756
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

The best the suit looked was on display, imo.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:31 AM   #757
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
i hope i can get over it. the dark color tones of Superman Returns prevented me from fully enjoying what that film was all about
There was alot more than the color tone in SR that prevented me from enjoying what that film was about.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:31 AM   #758
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
´´Superman gets The Dark Knight treatment`` is what says on the regular cover...ugh...
Just a flashy and catchy way to say "It's gonna be deeper than before".

Old 01-28-2013, 05:32 AM   #759
Smallville13
Side-Kick

I wonder what the regular cover will look like... Will it be the same pic of Cavill?

Old 01-28-2013, 05:32 AM   #760
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Yes

Old 01-28-2013, 05:33 AM   #761
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

The blue looks very slightly better in the pic that Empire posted

Old 01-28-2013, 05:34 AM   #762
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I fear the whole Snyder vs Nolan or "Superman is being turned into a dark character" argument that will arise from having the words "Superman get the Dark Knight Treatment" associated with the picture.lol

Old 01-28-2013, 05:35 AM   #763
Project862006
Banned User

looks brighter by comparison

Old 01-28-2013, 05:35 AM   #764
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

It says: and the magazine is packed with information about Zack Snyder's film from the director and all his cast.

Hopefully something we can nitpick on and not just non-new quotes of stuff that was said in the past!

Old 01-28-2013, 05:37 AM   #765
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
It says: and the magazine is packed with information about Zack Snyder's film from the director and all his cast.

Hopefully something we can nitpick on and not just non-new quotes of stuff that was said in the past!
lol; I just hope it's the not the usual:

1. "It's what would happen if Superman was in our World"

2. "It's a Awesome film man"

3. "We're going about it as though there were no previous superman films before it"

Old 01-28-2013, 05:44 AM   #766
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

I doubt there'll be any new info, really. Just some new phrases saying stuff we already know or stuff that's obvious from the production.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:45 AM   #767
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Okay; new last minute bet..IF there is anything new revealed in the empire magazine regarding the plot that we didn't know about..then I get to change my avi back right after its reveal. =P

Old 01-28-2013, 05:46 AM   #768
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
The blue looks very slightly better in the pic that Empire posted

i hope it looks more like this in the movie

Old 01-28-2013, 05:47 AM   #769
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
What prevented me from enjoying it was the poor suit design, weak cast, ridiculous story and the butchering of Superman's and Lois characters. And poor pace/no action. The colors were actually last on the list. In the case of MOS, it helps that Cavill actually looks like Superman and I like the suit design much more (even though it has less ´´classic`` elements than the SR suit it looks more like Superman to me...if that makes sense) So if the film is great, I'll get over it (just like I would in SR's case). But that doesn't mean Im happy about it. Not at all happy. At least the red actually IS red, even when shadowed.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:49 AM   #770
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
i hope it looks more like this in the movie
Yeah, I could live with that. Not ideal, but it would do.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:51 AM   #771
Project862006
Banned User

that above blue looks perfect i don't want too vibrant of a blue where it looks too cheesy

Old 01-28-2013, 05:52 AM   #772
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I'm not expecting any new info, maybe new interviews but they'll probably say what's already been said but I don't mind. Knowing too much before u see a movie can ruin the experience.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:53 AM   #773
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Only thing im wondering about though, why does the suit look dirty? I mean, it seems to have some stains on the blue, lol. Anyone else see it or am I hallucinating?

Old 01-28-2013, 05:57 AM   #774
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Only thing im wondering about though, why does the suit look dirty? I mean, it seems to have some stains on the blue, lol. Anyone else see it or am I hallucinating?
no, i see it too... dont like it too much, either

Old 01-28-2013, 05:59 AM   #775
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Pretty sure it's just to emphasize the "grittyness" of the reboot. Or it's actually a used battlesuit worn by Jor-El.