The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #76
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,659
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

Whatever you want to call it, its still a costume. And if its really a protective gear, there should have been a bullet proof.

The average person wouldn't wear those outfits. The military people wouldn't wear something like that when they go to war. Plus if only the colorful costumes from the comics looked realistic to be included in the movies, we would have gotten those costumes.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:13 PM   #77
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip
 
Spider-Fan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,776
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Whatever you want to call it, its still a costume. And if its really a protective gear, there should have been a bullet proof.

The average person wouldn't wear those outfits. The military people wouldn't wear something like that when they go to war. Plus if only the colorful costumes from the comics looked realistic to be included in the movies, we would have gotten those costumes.
even military grade bullet proof gear, doesn't mean every inch of it is bullet proof, it usually only protects your vital organs...

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #78
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,659
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

I just don't see how much protection you would get from wearing those blue/yellow outfits and leather costumes. And did the comics ever explained why X-Men are wearing costumes in the first place? I know the reason why Spider-Man and Batman are wearing their costumes, they wear their costumes to hide their true identity but the X-Men?

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #79
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

probably better than skin tight spandex lol

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:57 AM   #80
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

And it looks good. It's iconic. I loved it

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #81
eddy
Side-Kick
 
eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,557
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

She's so tiny and young looking she could play Kitty forever. I'm honestly shocked she's coming back. I thought she hated X3.

__________________
" I want to make the kind of movie that inspires people to say, ‘There should be more movies with Super Heroes in them.’”
-Joss Whedon


AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #82
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 60,263
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

I'm sure a lot of them hated it but this is more or less bringing them back with the mastermind behind the franchise at the helm, so I doubt anybody is gonna be like, "nah, I'll pass."

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #83
psyonic
X-Man
 
psyonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,387
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

Any actor would be stupid to turn down DoFP especially after the success of The Avengers.

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #84
venus_ice
All the TDKR feels
 
venus_ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,680
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

Well the script must be good enough to warrant coming back too

venus_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #85
eddy
Side-Kick
 
eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,557
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

I'm hoping this is the XMEN film we've all been waiting for since X2. I want a full blown balls to the wall epic movie.

__________________
" I want to make the kind of movie that inspires people to say, ‘There should be more movies with Super Heroes in them.’”
-Joss Whedon


AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #86
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,659
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
I'm hoping this is the XMEN film we've all been waiting for since X2. I want a full blown balls to the wall epic movie.
Yes almost every scene in X2 worked plus all of the characters got their moment to shine and I can't say that to the other X-Men movies, not even First Class.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #87
josh8
Side-Kick
 
josh8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,654
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Who cares about practicality in wearing costumes? Its a movie and most comic-book movies do costumes not because of practicality. They do it so the characters would look cool in the movie and to attract people to watch their movie.
This is exactly the kind of mindset that produces movies like X3. Sorry, but it actually sounds like you're quoting Brett Ratner.

josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #88
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,659
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

Well if you're telling me that they wear those costumes for practicality then I doubt it. Leather suits are not easy to wear, its hot on the body and its not something people would wear when they are chasing somebody. Then there's no guarantee of protection for wearing those costumes. its not like the suit of Batman when someone fire you with a gun, it wouldn't go through your skin, chest and head. So no. Those costumes are there because they are superheroes, they are the X-Men and the comics have them.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #89
josh8
Side-Kick
 
josh8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,654
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Well if you're telling me that they wear those costumes for practicality then I doubt it. Leather suits are not easy to wear, its hot on the body and its not something people would wear when they are chasing somebody. Then there's no guarantee of protection for wearing those costumes. its not like the suit of Batman when someone fire you with a gun, it wouldn't go through your skin, chest and head. So no. Those costumes are there because they are superheroes, they are the X-Men and the comics have them.
No one's doubting that they're costumes because they're superheroes. But many of us feel that it is in good taste to at least create the idea that they're for a purpose. Your rationale is no rationale and to just put them in costumes for no reason.

josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #90
Great Mind(s)
Broken
 
Great Mind(s)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gamma Quadrant
Posts: 4,092
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

Well maybe it's just a uniform to be stealthy.

Great Mind(s) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #91
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,406
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

They only are there to solidify them as a team in the films. Thats all the reason people need honestly.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #92
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,659
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
No one's doubting that they're costumes because they're superheroes. But many of us feel that it is in good taste to at least create the idea that they're for a purpose. Your rationale is no rationale and to just put them in costumes for no reason.
I don't think they put them in costumes for no reason. I think they do include these costumes so the X-Men would like X-Men and not just normal people. They also put them on costumes so they would good on film or at least visually interesting and to appeal casual viewers. But to say that the purpose of the costumes is for protection or practicality, I'm not buying that.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #93
josh8
Side-Kick
 
josh8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,654
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I don't think they put them in costumes for no reason. I think they do include these costumes so the X-Men would like X-Men and not just normal people. They also put them on costumes so they would good on film or at least visually interesting and to appeal casual viewers. But to say that the purpose of the costumes is for protection or practicality, I'm not buying that.
I already agreed with you that they have costumes so that they'll look like superheroes. But if you can't explain the need for them, then they are ridiculous.

IN THE MOVIE, the characters are ACTING as if they are wearing them for a reason, so a reason must be created. And protection and practicality are the most logical reason.

The black leather costumes (yes, costumes) give off the sense of stealth and maybe kevlar.

The FC costumes were modified flight suits. Notice Moira was wearing a normal flight suit because she wasn't going into combat (and yes, also not a superhero).

josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #94
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,659
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
I already agreed with you that they have costumes so that they'll look like superheroes. But if you can't explain the need for them, then they are ridiculous.

IN THE MOVIE, the characters are ACTING as if they are wearing them for a reason, so a reason must be created. And protection and practicality are the most logical reason.

The black leather costumes (yes, costumes) give off the sense of stealth and maybe kevlar.

The FC costumes were modified flight suits. Notice Moira was wearing a normal flight suit because she wasn't going into combat (and yes, also not a superhero).
I also said they wear the costumes because they are the X-Men and like def28, those costumes are there to solidify them as a team.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:45 PM   #95
josh8
Side-Kick
 
josh8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,654
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I also said they wear the costumes because they are the X-Men and like def28, those costumes are there to solidify them as a team.
That's fine. It's your other arguments that I'm addressing.

josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:14 AM   #96
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Yes almost every scene in X2 worked plus all of the characters got their moment to shine and I can't say that to the other X-Men movies, not even First Class.
I thought XMFC was equally as good as X2.

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:20 AM   #97
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,659
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I thought XMFC was equally as good as X2.
Some characters like Azazel and Riptide didn't really shine. With X2, even though Lady Deathstrike didn't really talk, I felt kinda sad for her when she was killed especially with the background music and the reaction from her/Wolverine and her fight scene with Wolverine was amazing. Then with Havok and Angel Salvadore, their angsty attitude didn't really work for me.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:53 AM   #98
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,890
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
No one's doubting that they're costumes because they're superheroes. But many of us feel that it is in good taste to at least create the idea that they're for a purpose.
I think of the costumes just as a 'uniform.' People have clothes for occasions in real life - things they put on to go to work, go to a party, to lounge around in at home. Schools often insist on a uniform to give the pupils more discipline and purpose.

I think it's the same for the X-Men. They have a uniform that offers moderate protection and makes them feel they are in X-Men mode (on a serious mission) not normal person mode.

The leather suits of the original trilogy may offer more protection than other fabrics but it's difficult to run after (or away from) anyone in those. You see on those police shows on TV where the motorcycle officers who wear leather have said they cannot chase criminals on foot very easily. In X1, the actors had trouble getting over that little wall below the Statue of Liberty because their leather suits were so restrictive and they couldn't lift their legs high enough!

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:56 AM   #99
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,890
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Some characters like Azazel and Riptide didn't really shine. With X2, even though Lady Deathstrike didn't really talk, I felt kinda sad for her when she was killed especially with the background music and the reaction from her/Wolverine and her fight scene with Wolverine was amazing. Then with Havok and Angel Salvadore, their angsty attitude didn't really work for me.
Yes, that's because many of the characters in First Class weren't given 'character moments' where we got an idea of who they are.

I don't think X2 is perfect but it did manage to give people those moments, and those moments matter a lot if you want your characters to be more than just wallpaper.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:08 AM   #100
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,163
Default Re: Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

I thought Lady Deathstrike was pretty much wallpaper in X2. And I never really got an idea of who the heck Storm was throughout the three movies she was in.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.