Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #251
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Vision.

Avengers 2? I just hope it's not Coulson.
Was that you that commented on the article about this over at CBM? There's another poster there who thinks it's Vision as well. It could be, but I don't see any Avengers-oriented things being shown at the Superbowl. It's too far off.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #252
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Was that you that commented on the article about this over at CBM? There's another poster there who thinks it's Vision as well.
Sure was; and is that other poster Josh Wilding on Twitter? Haha.

Quote:
It could be, but I don't see any Avengers-oriented things being shown at the Superbowl. It's too far off.
Elmayimbe's scoop isn't being shown at the Superbowl... or anything.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 01-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #253
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Sure was; and is that other poster Josh Wilding on Twitter? Haha.

Elmayimbe's scoop isn't being shown at the Superbowl... or anything.
Lol, yeah that was Josh.

I thought Mayimbe was saying that he had a scoop on a Marvel movie that would have a surprise super bowl spot. I thought he meant Thor, but never mind. It's just a scoop that he said he wants to reveal during the super bowl

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #254
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Lol, yeah that was Josh.

I thought Mayimbe was saying that he had a scoop on a Marvel movie that would have a surprise super bowl spot. I thought he meant Thor, but never mind. It's just a scoop that he said he wants to reveal during the super bowl
Oh, I wish we were getting a Thor: TDW spot but it seems unlikely.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 01-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #255
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Oh, I wish we were getting a Thor: TDW spot but it seems unlikely.

Yeah it really does. Oh well, one can dream.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #256
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Yeah it really does. Oh well, one can dream.
One thing I know for sure about Thor 2 is that we're getting a trailer with IM3, which means an online release by late April.

INTERSTELLAR

Old 01-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #257
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Vision.

Avengers 2? I just hope it's not Coulson.
I highly doubt Coulson will Vision, considering his role in the SHIELD tv show.

I think Coulson will have been saved by the MCU's Infinity Formula, which is likely to have been developed from their attempts to replicate the Super Soldier serum.

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #258
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Jay-Z's hand symbol usually translates to a diamond or the Illuminati, so Vision and, well, the Illuminati are probably the likeliest choices for Mayimbe's little game. But Coulson or not, I sure as hell hope Vision doesn't enter the picture until Ultron does, which means until Hank Pym does, which means still a long ****ing way out.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #259
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

I have a feeling that Tony's Mark XLVII/Sentient Armors will possibly factor into Vision IF Elmayimbe's scoop does have something to do with him.

INTERSTELLAR

Old 01-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #260
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Robert Downey Jr. previews 'Iron Man 3' -- EXCLUSIVE interview (Part 1 of 5)

When Robert Downey Jr. brings Tony Stark back to the screen on May 3 in Iron Man 3, he’ll be wearing a new upgrade of his weaponized wardrobe, this one with a brassy, reduced-red color scheme that could be viewed as color commentary. These are, after all, golden days to be Downey, the movie star who is ranked No. 1 in the latest Forbes listing of Hollywood box-office heroes. The 47-year-old actor was once the film industry’s most talented and frustrating question mark, but now he’s Hollywood’s human exclamation point, and as the rakish Stark, the world’s favorite canned ham.

EW caught with the two-time Oscar nominee by phone not long ago for a lengthy conversation about the new film, his career, and Marvel Universe after the success of The Avengers.

We’ll run installments from the interview all week. In this first part, he talks about new additions to the franchise (led by writer-director Shane Black, the Lethal Weapon screenwriter whose hiring was championed by Downey) as well as familiar faces (such as Don Cheadle, who returns as Stark’s military pal Rhodey, who will be using some warfare wardrobe of his own).

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Iron Man 3 brings in Shane Black, who made his directorial debut with you and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang in 2005. You’ve worn the suit in battle scenes in three films now – two directed by Jon Favreau, one by Joss Whedon — and I’m curious if Shane’s arrival changes any of the fundamental approach to action scenes?
ROBERT DOWNEY JR.: We’ve just been talking about one sequence – the top-secret name is the Boot/Glove Sequence, I can tell you that, just between you and me – it’s where Tony only has one gauntlet and one boot and he has to escape multiple captors. It’s really fun, dude. We’re taking everything from his first gauntlet test in the first movie up through the most extreme stuff we thought up for Iron Man 2 and The Avengers and pulling on all of it and making this one big, extended challenge of physics.

I loved how the action in Kiss Kiss was such pulpy metaphor. Like when your character is there dangling above a freeway, holding the hand of a corpse that’s jutting out of a casket. So he’s in danger of being consumed by the big city, but if he doesn’t let go of a murder victim, he can figure out a way to get back on his feet? That’s pretty much the film’s plot, isn’t it?
He’s definitely keeping that idea – that way of storytelling – alive. It’s a hallmark of the Shane Black [scripts] since the beginning of his career, and it’s been really fun to bring that to Tony Stark’s world.

You mentioned earlier that the cast and crew of Iron Man had film-appreciation gatherings – a movie club, basically?
It was a group of us going to the Cineplex and blocking out a theater on the weekends and taking in John Toll [the two-time Oscar winner and Iron Man 3 cinematographer] and taking in sometimes a ton of people and sometimes less. We do something that involves movies and our love of movies…. One was [a movie that Toll shot] the Wachowskis’ film Cloud Atlas. We were impressed with how cohesive the direction was, and obviously everything that John shot was amazing. We saw Flight, which was great, and before that it was Argo, which was also kind of cool. It’s nice knowing that you can to theater every weekend and see something good. And it’s great to see what people are doing and to get excited about it.

With Iron Man 3 there are some new faces coming in to the franchise: Guy Pearce, James Badge Dale, Rebecca Hall, and of course, Ben Kingsley as the villain, the Mandarin. And then there’s the returning ensemble with Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, and Jon Favreau. Circle one of those names and tell us something they brought to the project.
Since I was just talking about Flight and Don is on my mind, I’ll start with him. Rhodey is much more in the dead center of things. He’s much more dynamic. We’ve made this decision that while Tony is a technical guy, he’s not really a trained guy. There’s a lot of fun to be had with Don because he’s really good with hardware and he’s a martial artist, so it’s been really fun exploiting this possibility of Tony having moments like the one in Avengers, like the one with Cap where he decides, “Oh screw it, he probably knows what he’s doing.” So there’s a lot of that and a lot more fun and a lot more depth to Rhodey this time around.

Tomorrow: A cryptic clue about an Avenger cameo in Iron Man 3?
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/01/2...n-3-interview/

INTERSTELLAR

Old 01-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #261
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

The thing about Vision, though, is that wouldn't be much of a scoop. There's been rumors of Vision --- especially Coulson as Vision --- since last summer. So Mayimbe would look kinda lame building up a lot of hype for a "scoop" that's already been circulating in Rumorville for so long already.

That's why, even though I was only half-joking about it, I think it very well *could* be Jay-Z himself that Mayimbe is talking about. Maybe as Luke Cage....or maybe as....

....Thanos...?!?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #262
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
so apparently the super bowl teaser doesn't come out today, nor the poster.

thursday is the new date, assuming it even comes out. my birthday, but i'd rather have it now, grr.
may i ask where ur getting this info?

Old 01-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #263
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Edit

Old 01-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #264
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I kid you not, I will cry with sadness if he is Luke Cage.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #265
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Quote:
We’ve just been talking about one sequence – the top-secret name is the Boot/Glove Sequence, I can tell you that, just between you and me – it’s where Tony only has one gauntlet and one boot and he has to escape multiple captors. It’s really fun, dude.
Awesome, this was just the kinda thing I was hoping for when that first concept art came out.

As for El Mayimbe, on twitter he was saying that the scoop was so spoilery he was on the fence about even running the story, citing the article revealing Thanos as the biggest regret of his career. But he's so excited he's announcing it on Superbowl Sunday anyway.

So if it is indeed spoilerish, it could be not that Vision is IN a movie, but an after-credits scene in IM3 or something to that effect.

Plus, as far as not getting as big a scoop as expected, he thought his Justice League "5 core members" news was way bigger than it actually ended up being, so who knows I guess

Old 01-28-2013, 03:01 PM   #266
protocida
Side-Kick

It was a pretty big revelation, people just didn't care much because it ended up being what they assumed would be.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #267
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
Tomorrow: A cryptic clue about an Avenger cameo in Iron Man 3?
Hmm. I wonder who that could be.

Also, I find it hard to believe that we are going to get some scoop about Vision. Seems more likely that we'd get something GOTG related.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #268
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB12 View Post
Hmm. I wonder who that could be.

Also, I find it hard to believe that we are going to get some scoop about Vision. Seems more likely that we'd get something GOTG related.
In the buildup to this, El Mayimbe stated that he had info regarding Phase 2 AND 3. So who knows?

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Old 01-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #269
eddy
Side-Kick

First a interview, then a teaser of a teaser, then a poster, then the super bowl spot, then the 60 second extended version. Bet on it. And then a trailer at the end of February.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #270
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Jay-Z's hand symbol usually translates to a diamond or the Illuminati, so Vision and, well, the Illuminati are probably the likeliest choices for Mayimbe's little game. But Coulson or not, I sure as hell hope Vision doesn't enter the picture until Ultron does, which means until Hank Pym does, which means still a long ****ing way out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
First a interview, then a teaser of a teaser, then a poster, then the super bowl spot, then the 60 second extended version. Bet on it. And then a trailer at the end of February.
sounds good.

and as for Vision...well, we know who creates vision, and a certain someone has been speculating that Ultron could very well be an AI, in IM3, perhaps this vision thing is just letting us know he'll be here eventually? I wouldn't be so quick to write off what LokiD has been saying regarding characters..yet

Old 01-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #271
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I just thought, maybe the triangle is hinting they're turning JARVIS into Vision for IM3. God, I hope I'm wrong.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #272
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Which is funny since I've mentioned the fan idea of maybe using Jarvis in the construction of Vision in some way so you can have Paul Bettany as the Vision.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #273
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Which is funny since I've mentioned the fan idea of maybe using Jarvis in the construction of Vision in some way so you can have Paul Bettany as the Vision.
I can see Paul Bettany playing Vision. More so than Clark Gregg.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #274
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Agreed. I never liked the Clark Gregg/Vision idea myself.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #275
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick