The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 07:43 AM   #501
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran View Post
This thread lacks new pics
here are some recent ones from the Sundance film festival

She looks so similar to Garfield,especially in the first pic :|

Old 01-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #502
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran View Post
Another small interview with Shailene Woodley about TASM2 from IndieWire:

It does feel surreal, but it does feel just like, “Yeah we’re doing another movie, it’s going to be so much fun!” But then I see a billboard for something Spider-Man or walk through the mall and see a Spider-Man pajama set, and that’s when it trips me out. But yeah, it’s exciting. I just feel endlessly grateful. I’ve always been the girl who said I would never want to do big blockbuster movies. Even though “Spider-Man” is a big blockbuster, it doesn’t feel like it because everyone involved is so grounded and down to earth. It feels like we’re working on an indie film.
Glad she is being honest instead of going 'Playing MJ was my childhood dream' and all that **** they come up with nowadays

Old 01-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #503
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Shailene is very pretty, think alot of people are just spoilt by hollywood
I think she is very pretty. What I like so far is that they are casting girls who are beautiful (IMO) but not crazy hot. Scarlett johannson's purpose was to look hot in the avengers, lets face it.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 01-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #504
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
Quit beating the bushes and just say 'Boobs'
I'm more of an ass guy!

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #505
Picard Sisko

Still don't get why people are bashing Shailene so much.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 01-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #506
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Still don't get why people are bashing Shailene so much.
Because they don't wanna deal with the fact that Kirsten Dnust will never be MJ again.

Knowing that someone else will play her is just too much for them to handle.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #507
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Because they don't wanna deal with the fact that Kirsten Dnust will never be MJ again.

Y'know, I never hated Kirsten as MJ until Spider-Man 3. I loved her in SM1 a lot, and felt kind of neutral towards her in Spider-Man 2.

I can admit that Shailene is a HUGE improvement, and I actually find her beautiful. I think she will be a great MJ, and so far none of the casting has been disappointing. It was perfect in TASM, and I think it will be perfect in TASM2.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #508
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Hahahaha!! Oh my, I didn't realise how that sentence sounds!

I meant more like, when I take a walk for example, I see plenty of girls I think look better.

It's not that Shailene is ugly of course, she's just not the kind of girl I find attractive. I much prefer "warm" looking girls, if that makes any sense! :P
Lol, what?

Old 01-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #509
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:

While I think you're joking now, I can assure you that that's definitely not my problem haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Lol, what?
Hard to explain. More...round and sweet faces. Not too thin. I'd like to show you the perfect example of a perfect girl in my eyes, but I don't want to out a private person, so that's all I can say :P

Old 01-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #510
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

I just hope she really doesn't think Spider-Man flies. While I am still a little befuddled by her being the choice of the new MJ, I am hoping for the best.

hopefully they go with the Death of Gwen stacy and don't bog the whole movie down with stupid love triangle b.s.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #511
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

I'm pretty sure she knows he doesn't fly, lol.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:05 PM   #512
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
I just hope she really doesn't think Spider-Man flies. While I am still a little befuddled by her being the choice of the new MJ, I am hoping for the best.

hopefully they go with the Death of Gwen stacy and don't bog the whole movie down with stupid love triangle b.s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-Master View Post
I'm pretty sure she knows he doesn't fly, lol.
Yeah. It's just an expression. Even the stunt coordinators have referred to the swinging as "flying" on occasion.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #513
mayo23
Side-Kick

I just think Webb and whoever else is doing the casting are great at picking young, talented and up and coming actors, if her recent reviews are any indication. Also, new Dane Dehaan film called Kill Your Darling in which he co-stars with Daniel Radcliffe also premiered at Sundance festival. It seems to be getting positive reaction.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:26 AM   #514
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hard to explain. More...round and sweet faces. Not too thin. I'd like to show you the perfect example of a perfect girl in my eyes, but I don't want to out a private person, so that's all I can say :P
Thats my choice too.Round and cute faces,not too thin(Not too fat either) and not too tall

Old 01-27-2013, 06:25 AM   #515
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
Thats my choice too.Round and cute faces,not too thin(Not too fat either) and not too tall
Good taste sir!

Old 01-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #516
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah. It's just an expression. Even the stunt coordinators have referred to the swinging as "flying" on occasion.
Yes, I know it was an expression. I was being sarcastic.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #517
Spider-Man Luvr28
Amazing.

Woodley talks about taking the role of MJ:

Why did you sign on to play Mary Jane Watson in the upcoming “Amazing Spider-Man” movies?

Because I think Marc Webb is an amazing filmmaker and because I would do anything to work with Andrew Garfield. And Emma Stone obviously is incredible. And “Spider-Man” has been my childhood hero since I was about three years old. So it was kind of a no-brainer for me.

You seem so grounded talking about your involvement with the franchise. Does it feel at all surreal?

It does feel surreal, but it does feel just like, “Yeah we’re doing another movie, it’s going to be so much fun!” But then I see a billboard for something Spider-Man or walk through the mall and see a Spider-Man pajama set, and that’s when it trips me out. But yeah, it’s exciting. I just feel endlessly grateful. I’ve always been the girl who said I would never want to do big blockbuster movies. Even though “Spider-Man” is a big blockbuster, it doesn’t feel like it because everyone involved is so grounded and down to earth. It feels like we’re working on an indie film.

http://www.indiewire.com/article/the...cleHeaderPanel

Old 01-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #518
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Man Luvr28 View Post
Woodley talks about taking the role of MJ:

Why did you sign on to play Mary Jane Watson in the upcoming “Amazing Spider-Man” movies?

Because I think Marc Webb is an amazing filmmaker and because I would do anything to work with Andrew Garfield. And Emma Stone obviously is incredible. And “Spider-Man” has been my childhood hero since I was about three years old. So it was kind of a no-brainer for me.

You seem so grounded talking about your involvement with the franchise. Does it feel at all surreal?

http://www.indiewire.com/article/the...cleHeaderPanel
What do you think of this?

Old 01-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #519
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
What do you think of this?
I'm starting to feel this "I've been a fan since my childhood" starts to feel a little forced now. I believe Andrew's a fan, but how many times have we heard this talk now? Or maybe I'm overthinking.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #520
mayo23
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm starting to feel this "I've been a fan since my childhood" starts to feel a little forced now. I believe Andrew's a fan, but how many times have we heard this talk now? Or maybe I'm overthinking.
Considering that she only recently turned 21, it's very possible that she grew up with the Raimi films/and also the cartoons. I don't know.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #521
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Or maybe she's just like 95% of actors who are cast in a CBM that just spills out their excitement, lie or not.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #522
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

I think everyone who's in their 30s or younger grew up with a little Spidey in their life.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #523
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Most people from our generation (or mine...don't know how old you are) were Spidey fans since childhood. There have been 4 animated series and 4 live action movies since we were born not to mention all the games and merchandise. I had Spider-Man pajamas and covers before I even fully understood the character.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #524
venom892
Got Lucky

Spider-man is a cultural icon and it would be hard for anyone in the western world to grow up and completely avoid him. Saying you're a fan doesn't mean you read the comics or have a bunch of collectibles. It's very possible she spend some Saturday mornings watching a cartoon or saw the Raimi films.She was 10 or 11 when the first one came out.

Vote for your favorites in The Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament! here!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #525
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Why are people complaining about this actress? They want the ridiculous "supermodel" caricature from the comics? Great, keep dreaming. I'd prefer to see a character who is believable and who acts like a "real person" on screen (Much as we've seen with Gwen) rather than a Megan Fox stand-in.

Closed Thread