The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #401
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,419
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Not for everyone.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is online now  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #402
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 36,559
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Yeah, that part's still pretty accurate.
Very accurate.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #403
Tequilla
Side-Kick
 
Tequilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: P
Posts: 1,690
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Batman View Post
I went on rotten tomatoes recently and the consensus for the movie has been edited slightly due to trimming off that last bit. "The Dark Knight Rises is an ambitious, thoughtful, and potent action film that concludes Christopher Nolan's franchise in spectacular fashion."
I think that quote sums perfectly the film.

Tequilla is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #404
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Not for everyone.
Agreed.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #405
Tequilla
Side-Kick
 
Tequilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: P
Posts: 1,690
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Batman View Post
I went on rotten tomatoes recently and the consensus for the movie has been edited slightly due to trimming off that last bit. "The Dark Knight Rises is an ambitious, thoughtful, and potent action film that concludes Christopher Nolan's franchise in spectacular fashion."
I think that quote sums perfectly the film.

But i dont think rt is a very good gauge . A lot of random guys and bloggers are considered. If i want a bigger sample , and audience reactions i go check imdb or something. At least restrict it to some people who actually publish stuff , and see their worked passed through an editor or something.

Tequilla is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #406
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,888
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Of course people say "very accurate" but it's not. Only to the tastes of those saying it. And you guys are the same people who get critical of others when they say stuff as fact and not opinion.

IMO it met the high expectations set by the previous film and delivered more. So no it's not accurate, that's an opinion.

shauner111 is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #407
RustyCage
Come what may..
 
RustyCage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gotham
Posts: 4,010
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Frankly, I don't give a damn about most review sites or the public consensus (we live in a world that often glamorizes horrible things, after all).

Put simply, they don't grasp the subject matter as much as this forum does.

If I want impressions, I come here. I come here and I and trade brilliant, insightful posts with you guys.

__________________
Why do we fall?
RustyCage is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #408
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10,551
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Of course people say "very accurate" but it's not. Only to the tastes of those saying it. And you guys are the same people who get critical of others when they say stuff as fact and not opinion.
To this I just have to say "no duh." I don't have to add "IMO" to every post on an internet forum for people to know it is my opinion.

The only time I am critical of someone who states an opinion as a fact is when they quite explicitly say it is a fact, not when I just disagree with them.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #409
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest
 
Llama_Shepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,216
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyCage View Post
Frankly, I don't give a damn about most review sites or the public consensus (we live in a world that often glamorizes horrible things, after all).

Put simply, they don't grasp the subject matter as much as this forum does.

If I want impressions, I come here. I come here and I and trade brilliant, insightful posts with you guys.


__________________
*\S/T*
"But that's the thing about Batman. Batman thinks of everything."
"There's always a way. When the odds are impossible- do the impossible."
Llama_Shepherd is online now  
Old 01-26-2013, 11:15 PM   #410
Just_Human
Side-Kick
 
Just_Human's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,984
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

ROFL

I just noticed that Mr Reese was in Iron Man

Just_Human is online now  
Old 01-28-2013, 01:11 AM   #411
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate
 
RoughNTumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,156
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

does marion cotillard have fake boobs

__________________
Grandparents dead - please no jokes

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
RoughNTumble is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 01:18 AM   #412
titansupes
Side-Kick
 
titansupes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,642
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

^No, they were post-pregnancy boobs. And they were spectacular.

titansupes is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #413
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
does marion cotillard have fake boobs
I think we've talked about pretty much everything on the TDKR boards now.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #414
the last son
Side-Kick
 
the last son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,337
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Why did Blake have such a problem once he found out from Bane that Gordon lied about Dent? I haven't seen the movie since it came out. I just remember them talking real fast and not understanding why Blake didn't just trust the ol veteran this time.

the last son is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 03:53 PM   #415
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10,551
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
Why did Blake have such a problem once he found out from Bane that Gordon lied about Dent? I haven't seen the movie since it came out. I just remember them talking real fast and not understanding why Blake didn't just trust the ol veteran this time.
Who knows? Blake is totally cool with letting Batman do the dirty work that the police can't, but then when Gordon admits that he and Batman together covered up the Two-Face murders, Blake freaks out and says Gordon's hands look totally dirty to him. For some reason this kid who has no issues with vigilante justice or with disobeying orders suddenly gets all self-righteous and judgmental.

Because Blake is just a film prop for the other characters like Wayne and Gordon to play off of. He isn't a real character, he's an "idea" floating around... the idea that anyone can become Batman. That's all Blake is. That's why Blake sucks.

/endrant

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #416
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest
 
Llama_Shepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,216
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Have to say I disagree with most of that assessment. But basically Blake gets mad at Gordon because essentially, he sold himself out as well as his friend in order to supply Gotham with a martyr, leading to 1,000 people being imprisoned without the rule of law.

__________________
*\S/T*
"But that's the thing about Batman. Batman thinks of everything."
"There's always a way. When the odds are impossible- do the impossible."
Llama_Shepherd is online now  
Old 01-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #417
the last son
Side-Kick
 
the last son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,337
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

If he believes in respecting the law, does that mean he will never be a vigilante?

the last son is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #418
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10,551
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Have to say I disagree with most of that assessment. But basically Blake gets mad at Gordon because essentially, he sold himself out as well as his friend in order to supply Gotham with a martyr, leading to 1,000 people being imprisoned without the rule of law.
But Gordon didn't draft or pass that legislation. Sure, he doesn't oppose it, but he's hardly responsible for it. He's not a politician. All he and Batman did was give the city hope. And heck, they had to make sacrifices in order to do so, taking the burden on themselves.

So what does Blake hate about supplying Gotham with a martyr? Vigilante justice is cool, beating criminals to a pulp and possibly being responsible for the death of Harvey Dent, not a problem... but covering up Harvey's murders to give the city hope? An outrage!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #419
Polaris23
Side-Kick
 
Polaris23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,523
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
^No, they were post-pregnancy boobs. And they were spectacular.
No wonder they looked so good.

__________________
Take a moment and wander off - my dreamy outer space surrealist artwork

Check it out:
www.PolarisCastillo.com
&
www.facebook.com/makeLovetomeinSpace
Polaris23 is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #420
the last son
Side-Kick
 
the last son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,337
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2tE-BCwZtw

lol everything wrong with tdkr in 3 minutes funny channel

the last son is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #421
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz
 
BlueLightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,232
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

I hate those videos. I watched the previous ones with The Avengers and The Amazing Spider-Man, and it seems that they didn't even care to gather their facts straight. It wasn't even funny.

__________________

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #422
TheBat812
Side-Kick
 
TheBat812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,022
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Who knows? Blake is totally cool with letting Batman do the dirty work that the police can't, but then when Gordon admits that he and Batman together covered up the Two-Face murders, Blake freaks out and says Gordon's hands look totally dirty to him. For some reason this kid who has no issues with vigilante justice or with disobeying orders suddenly gets all self-righteous and judgmental.

Because Blake is just a film prop for the other characters like Wayne and Gordon to play off of. He isn't a real character, he's an "idea" floating around... the idea that anyone can become Batman. That's all Blake is. That's why Blake sucks.

/endrant
There's a HUGE difference between the idea of vigilante justice and using a lie to justify the creation of measures that deny rights to citizens. Blake is a fan of the Batman because he inspires hope, whereas the act of lying to abuse the power of the law is exactly the kind of injustice Bruce set out to expunge. Both he and Blake are set to find justice, and clearly Blake does not think being shackled by the law is the most effective way given the way the film ends (he quits the force to pursue a means outside of the law).

__________________
"No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." - Aristotle
TheBat812 is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #423
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,806
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
If he believes in respecting the law, does that mean he will never be a vigilante?
Watch the ending again.

__________________
I like Ben Affleck.
HighFivingMF is online now  
Old 01-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #424
the last son
Side-Kick
 
the last son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,337
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

I was joking. Well that's why I posed the question why he was making such a big deal when he finds out Gordon was lying. Does it matter? You are in such good graces with Gordon and Wayne and act as though you want to be Wayne's partner why make such a big deal without getting all the facts. In fact he had no position to say anything. Just mind your business and accept it. You were not there.

the last son is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #425
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
Why did Blake have such a problem once he found out from Bane that Gordon lied about Dent? I haven't seen the movie since it came out. I just remember them talking real fast and not understanding why Blake didn't just trust the ol veteran this time.
There would be a difference in being fine with someone going outside the lines of the law as Batman than being fine with someone lying for eight long years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2tE-BCwZtw

lol everything wrong with tdkr in 3 minutes funny channel
Most ignorant and wasteful videos on YouTube.

Seriously...the DC logo is something that's wrong with TDKR?

Anno_Domini is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.