The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #951
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Yep; I believe he originally underwent months of training to prepare himself for the flying scenes, whether it was practicing on harnesses or swimming in order to get the postures right.

They even filmed a lot of scenes of him flying in front of the green screen but from what I heard, Singer decided to not use them later on and replaced it with the CGI doubles.

On another note:

Stakes are high for "Man of Steel." Other than Nolan's Batpics, Warners has not been able to effectively exploit the DC library. Its 2011 "Green Lantern" underperformed, and a "Justice League" film wouldn't likely be in theaters before 2015, as Warner's top brass has indicated that they are awaiting the results of "Man of Steel," which opens June 14, before moving further ahead.

Source: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118065276/

The irony in all of this is that whether MOS succeeds or not, it seems like we won't get a MOS sequel right away or at least one before a JLA film happens since if MOS succeeds..then off to JLA..and if it doesn't succeed..then no JLA or MOS sequel.
yeah I'd be pissed if I had done all that training for flying scenes and then poof...all the scenes that i filmed weren't even used. I'd be upset...

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 01-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #952
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

So should I be hoping MOS does lukewarm so we won't get a possibly horrible JL or should I just hope it does well and hope for the best?

Old 01-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #953
J.Howlett

Love the aspect of the article talking about the idea that this character is "first contact" for the human race. That's going to be interesting to explore. I like that.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #954
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
So should I be hoping MOS does lukewarm so we won't get a possibly horrible JL or should I just hope it does well and hope for the best?
I think you know the answer to that...

Old 01-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #955
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Well, if Justice League were a 2015 movie, we could still get Man of Steel 2: Man of Steeler in 2016. Which is 3 years after the original. That's how it worked between Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3. 3 year difference with a team-up in the gap. That is, if Man of Steel takes off in a big way.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:52 PM   #956
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:

Old 01-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #957
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Well, if Justice League were a 2015 movie, we could still get Man of Steel 2: Man of Steeler in 2016. Which is 3 years after the original. That's how it worked between Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3. 3 year difference with a team-up in the gap. That is, if Man of Steel takes off in a big way.
And that's assuming of course that JLA doesn't screw things up for Superman in MOS 2 in case JLA bombs and is critically destroyed.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #958
HighFivingMF
Welp.

It's awesome how cherry and optimistic everyone here is.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #959
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

^ Using Taco Girl can't save you now HeroMontanaLee.

Also I too fear JL, if a failure, will screw up any momentum built by MOS.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #960
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
It's awesome how cherry and optimistic everyone here is.
It's been a long and somewhat disappointing day; and I say that in reference to the announcement that Young Justice and Green Lantern was cancelled on CN.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:00 PM   #961
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
^ Using Taco Girl can't save you now HeroMontanaLee.

Also I too fear JL, if a failure, will screw up any momentum built by MOS.
I'm on this boat too.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 01-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #962
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
It's been a long and somewhat disappointing day; and I say that in reference to the announcement that Young Justice and Green Lantern was cancelled on CN.
I'll be sad once they run out of episodes, damn it!

Old 01-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #963
J.Howlett

That EMPIRE article was fantastic. Interesting insight on the vibe they're going for....

Old 01-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #964
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

So overall; how do you guys feel about the stuff that was mentioned in the Empire Magazine regarding Snyder and Goyer's approach to bringing Superman to the big screen?

Personally, I know that there are those who really want a Superman film where the world that he's presented in is just as fantastical as he is in terms of the aesthetics and design, but I'm glad that we're getting a chance to see a film that will have a real world approach in how humanity, presented in a way as though it were in real life, would react to someone like Superman appearing on the scene and revealing his existence.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #965
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:

Wait, WHAAAAAT!!!!!

Old 01-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #966
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Not really... Snyder said that the fight/flight scenes would be CGI.
"Boy, are there visual effects. But in service of reality. If Cavill was ever on wires, it was only for body position. Snyder's philosophy was that Superman cannot do anything that is not a visual effect. For his superpowers to appear natural, they had to be digitally created. No strings attached."

Reading it again, that could be taken a bunch of different ways. Guess we'll see.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #967
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Young Justice seemed alright from what I saw but I could never get into GL's CG animation.

I hope the filmmakers go through with the themes they are promoting because the last Superman movie set up a theme and completely ditched it after Superman saved a space shuttle.

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 01-28-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #968
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Another thing regarding the group cast photo; does anyone else find the positioning of the actors in that photo kind of odd?lol I mean you’d think that they’d have Cavil stand next to the actors playing his parents and have the actress playing Faora stand next to Zod.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #969
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

color

Old 01-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #970
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
color

Old 01-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #971
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

again...

Old 01-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #972
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Cage just doesn't look like Superman. Thank Lord JESUS that film never happened.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:29 PM   #973
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I love Cage and the suit doesn't look bad but he isn't Superman in any way shape or form. That movie would have been a disaster.

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #974
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us
SHH! Moderator

I'm actually kind of fond of the way he looked as Supes. I would have loved to have seen how that movie would have actually turned out. It's one thing seeing scenes written on a page, but it's another to see the same scenes played out right in front of you. It would have definitely been different, but interesting.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 01-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #975
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

I wished it happened.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Closed Thread