The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #76
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
They should save that for another film. Gambit wasn't part of the original trilogy neither the cast of First Class. So it might be a little tricky to include him in this movie.

I think her cameos in X1 and X2 still counts even though it wasn't Ellen Page. Professor X even mentioned her during the White House scene in X2.
I never understood that. Because Nightcrawler giggled at that moment as if he thought "a little girl who can walk through walls" was about him...I thought Nightcrawler had bamfed into Stryker's office...

But.. Rogue! I have a good feeling about all of this. I think Rogue will finally be the Rogue we all know and love from the comic/cartoon. I'm wondering how her power will be explained. We saw Magneto having a little power left, but we don't know if it came back full on or not. Rogue...maybe she believes her power is gone and accidentally kills someone and takes their flying/strength ability. Not Ms Marvel because..let's face it she's not going to show up.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #77
psyonic
X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I never understood that. Because Nightcrawler giggled at that moment as if he thought "a little girl who can walk through walls" was about him...I thought Nightcrawler had bamfed into Stryker's office...

But.. Rogue! I have a good feeling about all of this. I think Rogue will finally be the Rogue we all know and love from the comic/cartoon. I'm wondering how her power will be explained. We saw Magneto having a little power left, but we don't know if it came back full on or not. Rogue...maybe she believes her power is gone and accidentally kills someone and takes their flying/strength ability. Not Ms Marvel because..let's face it she's not going to show up.
I think they're going to take advantage of the last Magneto scene and go with the cure failing, therefore the mutants will get their powers back and cause secondary mutation in some (Rogue).

Last edited by psyonic; 01-29-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #78
Angamb
Banned User

to me, Kurt smiled because he found Charles comment funny, knowing that there are many mutans with powers like that.

But......... now that I think about it, since the x-men appeared on uniforms at the White house, its really possible that after Alkali lake events, the x-men went back to the school, where most of the students returned, including Kitty and Colossus, sooooooo, there is the possibility that Kurt ended meeting Kitty for the very first time.

I like the idea of it, and want to feel THAT happened. you know, those cool offscreen moments we didnt see, but probably happened.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:49 PM   #79
X4ever
Newbie First Class

I remember Anna once said if she was going to play a non blonde anytime soon she will wear a wig. Anyway I really hope her hair looks different b/c I hated how she was the only female character that didn't do anything different with her hair in each film. In all 3 films her hair was too flat, the brown hair was too dark and her white streak was too small. I also wish she would get her hair and make up done this well for any movie she acts in.

or like this

or even like that.

The only improvement that's definitely going to happen for Rogue is that she won't have to wear that skin tight leather unitard again. I know this b/c Brain Singer that DOFP will not have any black leather suits.

Last edited by X4ever; 01-29-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #80
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I thought Rogue looked great in X2 with the ponytail (as seen at Bobby's house and X-jet "we love what you've done with your hair").

Old 01-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #81
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
I think they're going to take advantage of the last Magneto scene and go with the cure failing, therefore the mutants will get their powers back and cause secondary mutation in some (Rogue).
Secondary mutation would be a good idea, maybe they can finally show Magneto's force fields.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 01-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #82
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Sorry I hate the seconary mutation.Of course I hate pretty much anything that comes out
of grant Morrison's new X-Men stint.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:33 PM   #83
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Secondary mutation isn't really new, look at FC Beast for example. The "cure" that he injected to himself didn't work instead it enhanced his "mutant cells". They could do that with Magneto and Rogue.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:49 PM   #84
The_Shadow
Side-Kick

I like that idea but what would Rogues secondary mutation be? I don't want her to just start flying and punching threw walls(but that could work)

Old 01-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #85
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Secondary mutation isn't really new, look at FC Beast for example. The "cure" that he injected to himself didn't work instead it enhanced his "mutant cells". They could do that with Magneto and Rogue.
That's not really how secondary mutations work though.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:05 AM   #86
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Shadow View Post
I like that idea but what would Rogues secondary mutation be? I don't want her to just start flying and punching threw walls(but that could work)
Super-strength. Since they can't have her absorb Ms. Marvel's powers, this could be their solution.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:08 AM   #87
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Shadow View Post
Why not? What else is she going to do?

Old 01-30-2013, 12:31 AM   #88
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
That's what I thought

Old 01-30-2013, 07:12 AM   #89
psyonic
X-Man

If Rogue is still powerless in DoFP, I'd like to see her at least pilot the X-Jet with confidence, assuming they have one. Confident being the keyword.

As a human, she can probably infiltrate places mutants cannot.

She is probably the one I'm most interested in seeing again but hopefully with her super strength at the least.

I was reading up on mutants who had shown secondary mutation and Polaris was one of them. When she temporarily lost her magnetic powers, she developed strength, invulnerability and mass increase, and it was noted as being the first known secondary mutation.

The options I can think of are i) cure is temporary, allowing her energy absorption to return ii) cure causing further mutation iii) secondary mutation

Old 01-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #90
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Rogue was my favourite character in the animated series I adored as a kid, loved her, took me a little while to get over not seeing that Rogue in the movies but I thought X2 was leading upto that with a more confident Rogue who was willing to try a few dangerous things and was developing a bit of an edge as well.

This all should have lead to a Rogue in X3 that was completely confident in her powers, etc, but no, X3 just regressed the character back to the X1 version. Another crap aspect of an overall crap movie.

Now with Anna in DOFP I hope we get the sassy, sexy Rogue we all know and love. Would love to see her flying and with super-strength as well but her just being, sassy, sexy, confident and part of the team would do.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 01-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #91
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

I think more likely she will be borrowing other mutants' powers rather than suddenly punching through buildings, which seems a major progression. First we have to know how she coped with the cure not working.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:37 AM   #92
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I would be happy with her borrowing powers, just as long as she gets to do something and is part of the team and part of the fight, we only really got that in X2 and even then it was minimal.

Even without the super-strength and flight there are some really imaginative ways she can use her powers. I may be mistaken but is it correct she can borrow multiple powers at any one time, using them all at once?

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 01-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #93
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

I would be all for secondary mutations.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 01-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #94
The_Shadow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
I'm ok if that's what it is, but I think the major jump from Anna doing nothing in the trilogy to Ms.Marvel powers might be to much for the general audience.

If they can pull it off then I'm down.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:50 AM   #95
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
If Rogue is still powerless in DoFP, I'd like to see her at least pilot the X-Jet with confidence, assuming they have one. Confident being the keyword.
I doubt they would let Rogue appear in this movie w/o her powers, that would be really disappointing especially if they let Magneto have his powers back.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:11 AM   #96
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I just hope that after all these years of playing Sookie, Singer doesn't make Anna go back to playing Rookie.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:28 PM   #97
conan69
Cimmerian

Im actually expecting them to do something different with Rogue. Its a alternate timeline and I think theyre really going to try to give fans some stuff they wanted to see before and didnt.

I think we'll see something like a more ruffian Rogue with super strength. What happened in TLS doesnt matter.

There hasnt been any mention of Collosus or Storm, so I wouldnt be suprised if those roles ended up going to Iceman and Rogue, who are working with Wolverine. Movie Wolv & Rogue have a special bond. I wouldnt be suprised to see Rogue taking over the Collosus role of the story. Giving her the super strength fans were clamoring for previously and it serves a purpose storywise to have a strength character when dealing with giant robots.

Last edited by conan69; 01-31-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:49 PM   #98
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan69 View Post
Im actually expecting them to do something different with Rogue. Its a alternate timeline and I think theyre really going to try to give fans some stuff they wanted to see before and didnt.

I think we'll see something like a more ruffian Rogue with super strength. What happened in TLS doesnt matter.
It will not be an alternate timeline, they are not even ignoring last Stand and Origins.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:06 PM   #99
conan69
Cimmerian

Singer specifically used the words "clean up" with these characters and the storylines. That can mean alot of things. We dont know yet. Everything is speculation right now.

"Futuristic" scenes and "alternate timelines" are really just words used to describe the "future segments".

If theyve specifially said no alternate timeline, I havent read or heard it. Have a link?

Last edited by conan69; 01-31-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:12 PM   #100
Angamb
Banned User

they havent said it.

some fans just take Singers "respecting all the movies" as if that means same timeline.

But as you said, NONE of us know, so.....

Since Singer has discussed with Cameron about multiverses, the rules and all of that, to me its pretty obvious he will explore the concept.

If there isnt an actual alternate reality, whats the point discussing with a director like James about multiverses? lol

Closed Thread