The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #501
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
yay! I love Doctor Strange! now we just need black panther

Old 01-29-2013, 09:48 AM   #502
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
That would be great! I enjoyed Black Panther in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 01-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #503
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Same here.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 01-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #504
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

I'd be willing to bet that BP gets introduced in Phase III, along with already confirmed Dr. Strange and whoever makes it in through the Ant-Man movie (I count at least eight potential future Avengers that could show up there --- Hank Pym, Janet Van Dyne, Scott Lang, Eric O'Grady, Vision, Jocasta, Bill Foster, Cassie Lang....)

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #505
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Yeah. Awesome character and one my favorite Avengers.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #506
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I'd be willing to bet that BP gets introduced in Phase III, along with already confirmed Dr. Strange and whoever makes it in through the Ant-Man movie (I count at least eight potential future Avengers that could show up there --- Hank Pym, Janet Van Dyne, Scott Lang, Eric O'Grady, Vision, Jocasta, Bill Foster, Cassie Lang....)
It would be nice to see Marvel really back their words up and "continue to take risks" by introducing and featuring the kingdom of Wakanda in the MCU.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I predict only an easter egg-sized mention at most regarding Stephen Strange in Thor: TDW, if at all. It would have to serve the plot the way Selvig's everything-but-the-name dropping did in Thor. Perhaps an expanded cameo/reference for the Orb of Agamotto that briefly appeared in Thor, the way Cap's shield had an expanded cameo in Iron Man 2.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #507
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

^ yes. I would imaagine an easter egg. But what about Hulk? It seems now phase 3 is starting to fill up. When will we get another Hulk film? I thought we were suppose to in phase 3

Old 01-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #508
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
^ yes. I would imaagine an easter egg. But what about Hulk? It seems now phase 3 is starting to fill up. When will we get another Hulk film? I thought we were suppose to in phase 3
Phase 3 would be the earliest we'd see another Hulk film, obviously, but we don't know that, and I don't think Marvel has it all set in stone yet either. I do expect there to be a Thor 3 in Phase 3, however. I hope that Thor: The Dark World is able to build directly to both Avengers 2 and Thor 3, in a way that is easier to transition from than it was with the cliffhanger at the end of Thor. I mean, seriously--I'm very interested to see how they explain away the two years between Thor and Thor: TDW. Thor, jou've got some 'splainin' to do!

Old 01-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #509
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

Seems really odd that almost no new heroes are being introduced in Phase 2, but a lot are being introduced in Phase 3.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #510
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Seems really odd that almost no new heroes are being introduced in Phase 2, but a lot are being introduced in Phase 3.
I think Marvel's going for the slow burn. Keep in mind that they did just introduce about 7-8 new heroes in Phase I. Iron Man, Cap, and Thor still have plenty of stories to tell, and as Marvel's most popular characters (Hulk notwithstanding), there is great value (monetarily and creatively speaking) in developing and revisiting them in sequels. I will not fault them for wanting to establish and validate those franchises in the midst of continuing to take risks and start new ones (GOTG, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, etc.). So it's not so odd to me that they're taking their time.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #511
hawkeye27
Side-Kick

Isn't Guardians of the Galaxy part of Phase 2?

I think not introducing more heroes is so they can focus on going deeper into the people they already have. Plus Falcon is going to be in CA:2.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #512
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye27 View Post
Isn't Guardians of the Galaxy part of Phase 2?

I think not introducing more heroes is so they can focus on going deeper into the people they already have. Plus Falcon is going to be in CA:2.
Yeah, that's why he said "almost no new heroes."

Old 01-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #513
hawkeye27
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Yeah, that's why he said "almost no new heroes."
Oh sorry. I wasn't trying to be an a** I just wasn't completely sure. Didn't mean for it to come out that way.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #514
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye27 View Post
Oh sorry. I wasn't trying to be an a** I just wasn't completely sure. Didn't mean for it to come out that way.
Oh! I didn't take it that way, so no need to apologize...I was agreeing with you, and clarifying that ThePhantasm was probably aware too. (Tone is hard to master in text.) Btw, welcome to the boards!

Old 01-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #515
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

No worries hawkeye, I didn't interpret it that way.

I'm excited about the Guardians and the Falcon being added this Phase, but I was kinda hoping the introduction of new heroes would be a bit more staggered out throughout the phases... instead it feels a bit like this Phase is mostly further character development and then in Phase 3 there's this sudden surge of new characters all at once. It really feels like Avengers 2 will have largely the same team as the previous movie, with one or two minor additions.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #516
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
No worries hawkeye, I didn't interpret it that way.

I'm excited about the Guardians and the Falcon being added this Phase, but I was kinda hoping the introduction of new heroes would be a bit more staggered out throughout the phases... instead it feels a bit like this Phase is mostly further character development and then in Phase 3 there's this sudden surge of new characters all at once. It really feels like Avengers 2 will have largely the same team as the previous movie, with one or two minor additions.
At this point, I personally believe the roster won't expand too much in Avengers 2, either; but I still see enormous potential if some of the Phase II movies contain more secrets than have been divulged so far. In particular, I'm closely watching the rumormill for the possibility of Ms. Marvel (and Mar-Vell himself, by extension) in GOTG; the possibility of a Dr. Strange cameo in Thor TDW; and maybe even early appearances of Pym and his entourage, if Wright is in the middle of/through with filming by the time Joss starts lensing TA2.

But that's all strictly wishin' and hopin' for now. I think what we've seen of Phase II so far indicates that the general theme is about the individual heroes now reacting to this brave new world they've entered. Phase I brought them all together; Phase II is about them exploring what it all means, and how they can use their powers to beef up against even larger threats.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #517
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
At this point, I personally believe the roster won't expand too much in Avengers 2, either; but I still see enormous potential if some of the Phase II movies contain more secrets than have been divulged so far. In particular, I'm closely watching the rumormill for the possibility of Ms. Marvel (and Mar-Vell himself, by extension) in GOTG; the possibility of a Dr. Strange cameo in Thor TDW; and maybe even early appearances of Pym and his entourage, if Wright is in the middle of/through with filming by the time Joss starts lensing TA2.

But that's all strictly wishin' and hopin' for now. I think what we've seen of Phase II so far indicates that the general theme is about the individual heroes now reacting to this brave new world they've entered. Phase I brought them all together; Phase II is about them exploring what it all means, and how they can use their powers to beef up against even larger threats.
I think added memebers in Avenger2 will be Hank/Janet (maybe just hank, or both) and Falcon in some capacity. maybe they all won't fight though idk. And then theres always the possibility of the GotG crew teaming up with the Avengers crew, but I'm guessing they save that for A3. I could also see Hulk in a minor role since he might not pop up in these next few movies but I really hope not.

But a Pym has gotta be there, for both future storyline purposes that will probably be implemented in this phase, and to gather hype for their movie. One stealing the show scene for Hank like the Hulk scenes in Avengers will gather probably needed hype.

so possible expansion of maybe 2 members at most I would guess.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:56 AM   #518
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
That would be great! I enjoyed Black Panther in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:03 AM   #519
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
well my thinking is Odin or the Asgardians would have bound his powers somehow so he'd basically be a sitting duck for such an attack from The Other or whoever. Helpless.
And that would be a good thing.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #520
elizah72
Side-Kick

so you think that leaving any prisoner helpless and open to a horrible psychic attack, basically full on psychological torture for a years time, particularly someone who is already pretty psychologically messed up, is a "good" thing?!?!

Old 01-30-2013, 08:14 AM   #521
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I'm still wondering though, how the heck is Asgard able to interact, let alone be interacted with, if the bi frost is destroyed, to the point where they're now in the midst of a ongoing war? If they cant be reached by anyone, let alone go to anyone as they once did without the bi-frost, how are they in any danger?

Old 01-30-2013, 08:19 AM   #522
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm still wondering though, how the heck is Asgard able to interact, let alone be interacted with, if the bi frost is destroyed, to the point where they're now in the midst of a ongoing war? If they cant be reached by anyone, let alone go to anyone as they once did without the bi-frost, how are they in any danger?
It must be that being unable to go to anyone is not the same as being unreachable by anyone else. Others must have portal technology and I suppose they are seizing upon the current imbalance of power to pursue their own realms' interests.

Even when the Bifrost was functional, with Heimdall guarding it, it did not appear to be a freeway. So the Vanir, for example, could not use it to get over to Alfheim. They would have had to go some other route.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 01-30-2013, 08:34 AM   #523
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
There's probably a lot more races on Asgard than just what we saw in the palace. Taylor said that this movie explores most of the parts of Asgard that we didn't see in Thor 1, and gets down to the commoner level.

And who's to say that world-jumping Loki doesn't find a way to let the Marauders into his homeworld out of spite, since he did *exactly* that with the Jotuns at the beginning of Thor 1?

Old 01-30-2013, 08:57 AM   #524
Godzilla2000
Arctic Conscience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
The hell...?

- You are the ugliest people on the planet.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:02 AM   #525
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
it may be that the Asgardians are not the only ones who know how to get between worlds. Loki said to Heimdall there are ways between worlds that even he is blind to, one assumes Loki learned of such things while becoming a "master of magic" prior to Thor 1, and so likely any cultures with in depth knowledge of magic would know how to do this (or where certain portals are located to and from whichever realms, if that's how it works).

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
It must be that being unable to go to anyone is not the same as being unreachable by anyone else. Others must have portal technology and I suppose they are seizing upon the current imbalance of power to pursue their own realms' interests.

Even when the Bifrost was functional, with Heimdall guarding it, it did not appear to be a freeway. So the Vanir, for example, could not use it to get over to Alfheim. They would have had to go some other route.
In the video game movie tie in to Thor, the Vanir have a run down version of it called Frostgrinder. But also, if there are specific passageways between worlds, then that could be where they are coming from, and could also be what Thor needs Loki for (to show him these passageways or to take him somewhere or to someone who can, although not sure why they wouldn't use the Tesseract in this case)

Quote:
There's probably a lot more races on Asgard than just what we saw in the palace. Taylor said that this movie explores most of the parts of Asgard that we didn't see in Thor 1, and gets down to the commoner level.
I recall reading somewhere that Nornheim, Vanaheim and Asgard all have a variety of races living on them. Certainly the Simonson Omnibus book I read would indicate that about Asgard and Nornheim. In the video game I mentioned, the Vanir are extinct, but the Trolls were enslaved by them and living trapped on Vanaheim, with Ullick wanting to return with the trolls to Nornheim. Not canon of course, but just mentioning since it was meant as a movie tie-in video game.

as for the other about Loki, I have a feeling that Bourne stuff is early on, and it sounds like it from the info in that article. SO more than likely, he's in prison, and probably bound so he can't use magic, so seems rather unlikely it's him that let them in.

Closed Thread