The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #76
JAKŪ
Upstart

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I'm guessing the animators forgot that wind existed.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #77
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
he said that for sure? and didn't John nolan write it?
Well he has mentioned Secret Origin, nope Jonah Nolan didn't write it although its been said that he did some work on it but Goyer's said its all him.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #78
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKŪ View Post
I'm guessing the animators forgot that wind existed.
Superman's hair is wind resistant. That's how it always stays neatly combed even after flying faster than the speed of sound.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #79
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
Superman's hair is wind resistant. That's how it always stays neatly combed even after flying faster than the speed of sound.
Well we all remember a strand of Superman's hair holding up a 1000lbs

Old 01-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #80
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Not much but

Quote:
Fans are a little worried with how dark the next Superman movie could turn out to be. From what we've seen up to now, the film does seem to have a darker tone and a more realistic atmosphere compared to previous films. New Superman, Henry Cavill, reassures: "It's not a dark movie by any means. Past representations of the character have been quite light... This is a more realistic view of the character, while still maintaining the very unrealistic, or potentially unrealistic features of an alien with superpowers." Another issue that has worried fans is the level of action in the movie. Will we finally see a Superman show us why he's super? According to screenwriter David Goyer, yes: "There is more action in Man of Steel than any of the Dark Knight Films" Zack Snyder's Man of Steel finally hits theatres on June 14th, 2013.
Love the bit about action

Old 01-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #81
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

There was no doubt about it, I can't wait to see dat Superman action.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #82
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
There was no doubt about it, I can't wait to see dat Superman action.
Me either, I think it's gonna be LEGENDARY!

Old 01-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #83
dark_b
Side-Kick

even if Clint Eastwood would direct a superman movie in 2013 it would have more action than the TDK trilogy.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:07 PM   #84
Trinity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
I can't see a EW feature coming until a week before the film releases because the magazine is weekly it stays pretty topical to the TV/Movie events for the week and since their 2013 preview already featured MoS and a "new" photo I can't see them doing anything anytime soon.
EW has a Summer Movies Preview issue which is released near the end of April. Man of Steel will probably get the cover and lead story. The Dark Knight Rises had the cover last year.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #85
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
even if Clint Eastwood would direct a superman movie in 2013 it would have more action than the TDK trilogy.
you must mean "better"
quantity vs quality

Old 01-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #86
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Yeah. Because TDK and Rises were filled to the brim with action. Most of it wasn't particularly good but that's not the argument. I highly doubt MOS will have a higher quantityof action scenes than TDK. I'll believe it when I see it.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:22 PM   #87
GreenKToo
In the fire

http://m.cinemablend.com/new/What-Wo...man-35382.html

Old 01-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #88
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Hideous. Nothing in those picture works. Almost a shame it didnt happen. I would've liked to see it bomb really hard. Just to teach them a lesson, from which they probably wouldnt have learned anything.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #89
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

I really hope that documentary gets made.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:38 PM   #90
GreenKToo
In the fire

Me too. I woulda posted them but im on my phone at work. Judging those pics, We are blessed to be getting mos.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:40 PM   #91
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Yeah I hope it does too, really hope he gets the required funding. He's even talking about filming 1 or 2 scenes from the film.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:04 PM   #92
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Just read that. Bloody shame and as we've been discussing it for the last couple of weeks an absolute mind-boggler. Regardless of no Super Bowl spot, again the big NY Toy Fair is 5 days later with a ton of MoS merchandise and figures expected there and there'll be plenty of coverage.

I honestly expect to see the first MoS TV commercial in March, let alone a trailer.

Yeah, it is a mind boggler. I don't understand why WB's is being so cheap.

It's not like they don't have the money for a 30 or even 60 second MOS Super Bowl spot to generate buzz.

Ridiculous.....

Old 01-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #93
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Hideous. Nothing in those picture works. Almost a shame it didnt happen. I would've liked to see it bomb really hard. Just to teach them a lesson, from which they probably wouldnt have learned anything.
I like the suit...the trunks area looks like crap, but the rest of it looks pretty decent

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 01-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #94
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Didn't Captain America have a Superbowl spot? That only had a modest box office gross, 25% of which came from the UK where no one watches the Superbowl.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #95
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Captain America isn't Superman though and it did well enough to get a sequel so Marvel obviously thought it did well enough. It never had 300mil potential but Superman does.

Anyway they don't need a Superbowl spot but they do need to market the film. I mean it's not going to market itself. I know WB seems to think that so far but it ain't true.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #96
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

They're going to take a similar approach that they did with The Dark Knight Rises. Leave it until the last couple months before pumping the crap out of it. Relax, people know this film is coming.

If Captain America didn't have $300 million potential, but Superman does, why does Man of Steel need the Superbowl spot? Batman Begins had one too. Didn't work wonders then either.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #97
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Th Cool Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
They're going to take a similar approach that they did with The Dark Knight Rises. Leave it until the last couple months before pumping the crap out of it. Relax, people know this film is coming.

If Captain America didn't have $300 million potential, but Superman does, why does Man of Steel need the Superbowl spot? Batman Begins had one too. Didn't work wonders then either.
The Dark Knight Rises was a sequel, MOS can't afford to market itself like a sequel. And didn't say it absolutely needed a Superbowl trailer but it does need better marketing because like I said it's not coming off of a billion dollar film.

Do you not understand words? I said the movie has the potential not that it's going to hit that number. Don't be so hung up on that number I'm just saying that it has more potential than Cap at the box office, that is all. I actually think it's crappy June release date kills any chance of it hitting those numbers but I could see like 250-270mil if it's lucky .

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #98
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

That Nic Cage Superman suit actually doesn't look that bad. The molded muscles are a bit over the top, but it looks pretty classic.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #99
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Kryptonian invasion for one even though it was a fake invasion
Clark travelling the world finding himself in the world

Plus several other things that of course (including the above) are from other stories too but you can definitely feel a Birthright influence
I didnt count birthrights alien invasion because it wasnt real and it involved kryptonite.the alien invasion we are getting from MOS seems to borrow from earth one and last son.

As for clark travelling the world,its not potrayed anyway like it was in Birthright.Its potrayed rather similarly to Bruces travels in Batman begins.Which im not that thrilled about to be honest.I do wish the movie borrowed more birthright elements but im okay with what we got

Old 01-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #100
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
I didnt count birthrights alien invasion because it wasnt real and it involved kryptonite.the alien invasion we are getting from MOS seems to borrow from earth one and last son.

As for clark travelling the world,its not potrayed anyway like it was in Birthright.Its potrayed rather similarly to Bruces travels in Batman begins.Which im not that thrilled about to be honest.I do wish the movie borrowed more birthright elements but im okay with what we got
Yup, Goyer is a fan of Earth One. It's not that similar to Bruce because it's only Alaska. Seems like Clark stays in the USA. The reason he goes there is probably completely different than Bruce as well. Bruce sought out a "means to fight injustice". Clark is trying to figure out how to be himself in the world.