The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #101
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
Frank Miller made Clark/Superman such a narcissist.
seriously, I remember reading the book going "this is not Superman", and the movie didnt help that at all, Miller has no clue who Superman is or how he works and it really shows in Dark Knight Returns Part 2.

At least Valley did a good job

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 01-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #102
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

So assuming if MOS turns out to be the financial success that we're all hoping it to be; when do you guys think we could expect to see a sequel if we also take JLA into consideration?

I mean if JLA is pushed to 2016, then does that mean that we have to wait longer than 3 years to see a sequel? That would suck

Old 01-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #103
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So assuming if MOS turns out to be the financial success that we're all hoping it to be; when do you guys think we could expect to see a sequel if we also take JLA into consideration?

I mean if JLA is pushed to 2016, then does that mean that we have to wait longer than 3 years to see a sequel? That would suck
Yeah, that's no bueno. I don't think JL will be pushed to 2016, though. If they greenlight it in July after they know the initial results of MOS, they could be filming by late fall and have a full year of post production until the summer 2015 release.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #104
FilmNerdJamie
We. Are. Hunter. RIDER!
SHH! Global Moderator

Justice League sidelined. Man of Steel sequel fast-tracked for June/July 2015.

That's exactly how I see it going down. Even a writer officially hired before Man of Steel drops. Not that it's a stretch - standard operating procedure.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #105
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Justice League sidelined. Man of Steel sequel fast-tracked for June/July 2015.

That's exactly how I see it going down. Even a writer officially hired before Man of Steel drops. Not that it's a stretch - standard operating procedure.
While that would be ideal; my only concern and I think I'm not alone in this as well, would be that with just 2 years prep time, could they really deliver a film with the same quality, if not better quality than the first film considering on how hard it is to find sequels to successful films when they've only had less than 3 years worth of prep time.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #106
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

An apparent screenshot of Amy Adams as Lois Lane.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #107
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
seriously, I remember reading the book going "this is not Superman", and the movie didnt help that at all, Miller has no clue who Superman is or how he works and it really shows in Dark Knight Returns Part 2.

At least Valley did a good job
While not the ideal portrayal, I actually thought Superman and Batman both came off equally as bad in the story.

You might find this read interesting:

http://www.comicscube.com/2010/05/cl...out-frank.html

Old 01-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #108
sup101
Side-Kick

Who the bald headed dude in the background.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #109
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
Good Question! Maybe Clark decided glasses weren't convincing enough as a disguise...

Old 01-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #110
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
While that would be ideal; my only concern and I think I'm not alone in this as well, would be that with just 2 years prep time, could they really deliver a film with the same quality, if not better quality than the first film considering on how hard it is to find sequels to successful films when they've only had less than 3 years worth of prep time.

I would have no problem with seeing a MOS sequel in 2015 ahead of a JL film.

Whatever story and script is better, whatever film has the better talent when it comes to director and crew and whatever film has a solid cast ready should be developed first IMO.

Who was hired to write the story and script for the MOS sequel? Goyer and Johnstad or Goyer and J Nolan?

Old 01-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #111
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Amazing. I dare anyone to look at that picture and tell me she doesn't evoke all the Lois Lane qualities. I literally see no Amy Adams or what she is stereotypically perceived as.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #112
sup101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusPonens View Post
Good Question! Maybe Clark decided glasses weren't convincing enough as a disguise...
Are you saying they gave clark a bald head as a disguise?

Old 01-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #113
Vagosnati
Vag-El

I like Amy very much but i think she is very sweet for the role..Lois supose to be a dynamic woman.I think the best for the role will be Kate Beckinsale..But maybe Amys performance will be perfect.In the trailer i had the feeling that she does not match for the role..We will see

Old 01-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #114
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
A pissed off Luthor leaving after Lois tells him off for trying to get the DP to publish a paper about how the 'alien' is a threat to the world.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #115
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:
Are you saying they gave clark a bald head as a disguise?
haha yeah, but I was joking. I don't know who the bald guy is.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #116
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Kevin Spacey

Old 01-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #117
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagosnati View Post
I like Amy very much but i think she is very sweet for the role..Lois supose to be a dynamic woman.I think the best for the role will be Kate Beckinsale..But maybe Amys performance will be perfect.In the trailer i had the feeling that she does not match for the role..We will see
People tend to forget how a diverse actress she is. She is very capable of playing strong women. Have you seen her amazing performance In THE FIGHTER ? She's more than capable of playing Lois. And Kate was horrible as Lois but she didn't have much to work with. ****, put me in a wig and I can give a ****ing better performance than Kate did as Lois.

Oh I though you were talking about the chick from RETURNS
NEVERMIND LOL

Old 01-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #118
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

You mean it's not Sinead O'Connor.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #119
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
People tend to forget how a diverse actress she is. She is very capable of playing strong women. Have you seen her amazing performance In THE FIGHTER ? She's more than capable of playing Lois. And Kate was horrible as Lois but she didn't have much to work with. ****, put me in a wig and I can give a ****ing better performance than Kate did as Lois.

Oh I though you were talking about the chick from RETURNS
NEVERMIND LOL
Challenge ACCEPTED! You shall re-enact all of Lois Lane's scenes in Superman Returns wearing a wig.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #120
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagosnati View Post
Check these out:

Trouble with the Curve
The Master
The Fighter

And I'm sure it will help give you an idea of her range.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 01-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #121
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Check these out:

Trouble with the Curve
The Master
The Fighter

Great films all three of them. I kept picturing Amy as Lois in some of the conference/ office scenes in Curve. Lol

Old 01-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #122
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Great films all three of them. I kept picturing Amy as Lois in some of the conference/ office scenes in Curve. Lol
Lol I was doing the same thing.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 01-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #123
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Trouble With the Curve was an incredibly terrible movie. So many good actors (Amy Adams included), but a terrible script with a terrible director. The actors just couldn't save it.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:44 PM   #124
Vagosnati
Vag-El

Quote:
Check these out:

Trouble with the Curve
The Master
The Fighter

i did see,and she was great,in The Fighter she was excelent.I dont speak for her acting,but her face..Very sweet for Lois...But we will see her.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #125
FilmNerdJamie
We. Are. Hunter. RIDER!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Check these out:

Trouble with the Curve
The Master
The Fighter

Enchanted, Doubt and Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian too.