The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 01-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #601
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Default Re: Line-Up?

Weren't there rumblings that it would only be those five several months ago?

KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #602
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
That seems fine. Frankly I feel Martian Manhunter deserves his own flick due to his somewhat convoluted backstory.
That would rock

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #603
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
That would rock
Except it almost certainly won't happen, and would probably be terrible if it did happen.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #604
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Given we haven't seen a Wonder Woman movie, I doubt we'll see a MMH movie any time soon.

He's always been one of those weird characters who is fairly famous yet can't carry his own mag. That doesn't bode well for his solo film potential.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #605
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

To me MM is all about the Justice League.

He shouldn't be without it, and it shouldn't be without him.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #606
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
To me MM is all about the Justice League.

He shouldn't be without it, and it shouldn't be without him.
Agreed. Some characters are just about their teams. Leave them at that.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #607
Dark Knight
Banned User

Look for MM to be introduced/revealed in a twist type of way ahead of Aquaman and most certainly Hawkman in the 1st JL film though. The less core JL characters the better, so the story can be tighter. Superman, Batman, WW, GL and Flash should be the main ones for this 1st film at least

Having Aquaman in the first film in a main role would be too pricey on top of all the SVX/CGI work needed.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #608
Dark Knight
Banned User

edit

Old 01-25-2013, 01:10 AM   #609
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I think a good way to include Aquaman would be having the plot revolve around an Atlantean Invasion, and Aquaman plays a pseudo-antagonist turned protagonist role.

(I still think this would be the best route, especially if the Atlantean Army was accompanied by a gigantic 'star' shaped sea-monster, as a nod to Starro, the first JL villain)

But if it's going to be Darkseid, then no Aquaman is probably a safer bet. Or at least no Atlantis, especially if they're going to show Themyscira. Seeing two mythical lands might be too repetitive in one movie I think, especially with possibly Mars and Apokolips to show.

If he does make an entrance, have it be him saving the rest of the League's asses mid-movie, emerging from the water out of the blue with a gigantic army of sharks ripping apart and smothering the enemy army.

Like so

Instant cred

I think putting Aquaman in the JL movie and establishing his badassery (even if he isn't developed much at all, and is kept mysterious) would be good for the Aquaman movie (if they ever make it).

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 01-25-2013 at 01:18 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:53 AM   #610
combocaz
Side-Kick

I think hawkman will only be some flashback of Darkseids past planets hes conquered. Might make good for an opening credit with MM voiceover.

Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
combocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #611
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think a good way to include Aquaman would be having the plot revolve around an Atlantean Invasion, and Aquaman plays a pseudo-antagonist turned protagonist role.

(I still think this would be the best route, especially if the Atlantean Army was accompanied by a gigantic 'star' shaped sea-monster, as a nod to Starro, the first JL villain)

But if it's going to be Darkseid, then no Aquaman is probably a safer bet. Or at least no Atlantis, especially if they're going to show Themyscira. Seeing two mythical lands might be too repetitive in one movie I think, especially with possibly Mars and Apokolips to show.

If he does make an entrance, have it be him saving the rest of the League's asses mid-movie, emerging from the water out of the blue with a gigantic army of sharks ripping apart and smothering the enemy army.

Like so

Instant cred

I think putting Aquaman in the JL movie and establishing his badassery (even if he isn't developed much at all, and is kept mysterious) would be good for the Aquaman movie (if they ever make it).
So basically, have Aquaman shamelessly rip off Namor.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #612
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
So basically, have Aquaman shamelessly rip off Namor.
oh. I don't know anything about Namor. Coincidence?

Old 01-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #613
shauner111
Side-Kick

Im really happy about this lineup. Happy that we're not getting Aquaman and Martian Manhunter but also content that they might be hinted at towards the end of the movie.

It's the lineup i definately wanted.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #614
Thwip!
Side-Kick

I'm happy with the lineup, now to get the rest of the movie made :P

Old 01-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #615
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:

Like so

Instant cred

I think having the ending of first JL film do something like this as a tease to Arthur/Aquaman leading up to the sequel would be a great ending.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #616
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Im really happy about this lineup. Happy that we're not getting Aquaman and Martian Manhunter but also content that they might be hinted at towards the end of the movie.

It's the lineup i definately wanted.

Hinting at and teasing us toward the end or at the end of the first JL film that Arthur/Aquaman and Jonn'z/MM are coming would be the way to go as well.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #617
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

How do you guys think the line-up should evolve throughout the movies?

I think with GL and Flash, where we have multiple prominent characters in the roles, I think the movies should do the best to give several of them their due.

I think Hal Jordan should die at the end/climax of the first JL movie (or in the next GL movie) to make room for another Lantern (probably Stewart, for diversities sake).

I don't know if the comics/show has ever used this, but I think it would be an interesting dynamic if there was some tension/guilt surrounding the fact that Hal Jordan (the guardian of the sector) wasn't there to save MM's race.

Perhaps have Hal swallow his pride by the end, accept a responsibility he wasn't even necessarily ignoring, and make a sacrifice at the end to save J'onn, thus redeeming himself; the ring flies away for the recruitment process. (perhaps this would create a bit of...mystery/suspense/curiosity for the audience after they leave the theater to see who the ring picks next, thus creating more hype around the first GL Stewart film.)

In the same vain, perhaps have Barry Allen make some universe/reality-saving sacrifice in the second JL movie (a nod to Crisis on Infinite Earths) and Wally West, the Kid-Flash has to step up to the plate.

Also, if the movies are going to be in the Nolanverse, I wouldn't mind if Bruce Wayne's successor Blake takes over in the second JL movie (especially if Bruce only suited-up in the first one to put the team together),

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 02-10-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #618
Namor!
The Submariner!!!

As long as Aquaman is involved I don't care.

Namor! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #619
Kevin Smith
Banned User

The original 7 is the way to go. For 3 films at least.

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #620
halo4able
Side-Kick

The big five are enough. This is an origin movie and WW and flash don't have solo movies yet. Five members will give WW and flash some screen time.

In the avengers, you had six members and both hawkeye and thor got less screen time than a shield member. That cant be allowed to happen in JL.

halo4able is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:55 PM   #621
shauner111
Side-Kick

3 films with the original 7 is a horrible idea. You have to spread it out. Im not even a fan of the idea of 3 JL films. 2 is enough, but if it goes to 3...you have to leave Aquaman/Martian Manhunter for the sequels.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:08 AM   #622
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
3 films with the original 7 is a horrible idea. You have to spread it out. Im not even a fan of the idea of 3 JL films. 2 is enough, but if it goes to 3...you have to leave Aquaman/Martian Manhunter for the sequels.
What if they turn out to be really good, enjoyable movies? Three isn't overbearing if they play their cards intelligently. Plus, the hero, villain, amd story arsenal rivals the Avengers. Any length the Avengers goes, JL can go probided it's done well.

But realistically, it'll be three movies regardless of whether they're good.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:47 AM   #623
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

If we were to only get three movies, I'd want other heroes to get their shot in the league. (Stewart, West, etc)

Old 02-21-2013, 04:13 AM   #624
Gary Griffith
Side-Kick

I'm totally on board with them using the big 5. Think that's the way to go. But if they did add extra characters I'd rather- instead of Aquaman or MM - that they go with someone like Dr. Fate or the Huntress or even Metamorpho or Black Lightning or Red Tornado. Something out of left field and to differentiate themselves from Marvel. I loved the Avengers, but I'd love to see a great and different JL film

Gary Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:00 AM   #625
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Griffith View Post
I'm totally on board with them using the big 5. Think that's the way to go. But if they did add extra characters I'd rather- instead of Aquaman or MM - that they go with someone like Dr. Fate or the Huntress or even Metamorpho or Black Lightning or Red Tornado. Something out of left field and to differentiate themselves from Marvel. I loved the Avengers, but I'd love to see a great and different JL film
How would Aquaman or Martian Manhunter make them like Marvel more than Huntress, who is a non-powered action girl that shoots arrows?