The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 03:26 AM   #701
MysticRain
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 148
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

He was kept separated from the other prisoners, too. During the escape, Zola came out of the same room right before Steve went in and found Bucky who was mumbling something.

I did not notice the sniper thing till after the second viewing. Also, I remember reading somewhere about how Stan purposely acted differently. If you notice, Bucky was all smiling and confident at the beginning of the film. Then after the Hydra base, he seems depressed and beaten. Even when they were joking at the bar and the cliff, he seemed sad.

Oh, the commentary pretty much gives it away that something was done to Bucky and he would be back. Although, I never thought they would do the Winter Solider story in the first sequel. Better yet, named it as the subtitle of the film.

MysticRain is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 01:14 AM   #702
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
It was when Cap found him in the Hydra base. He was strapped to a table, presumably so they could experiment on him.
Commentary says so

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 05:11 AM   #703
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,187
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticRain View Post
He was kept separated from the other prisoners, too. During the escape, Zola came out of the same room right before Steve went in and found Bucky who was mumbling something.

I did not notice the sniper thing till after the second viewing. Also, I remember reading somewhere about how Stan purposely acted differently. If you notice, Bucky was all smiling and confident at the beginning of the film. Then after the Hydra base, he seems depressed and beaten. Even when they were joking at the bar and the cliff, he seemed sad.

Oh, the commentary pretty much gives it away that something was done to Bucky and he would be back. Although, I never thought they would do the Winter Solider story in the first sequel. Better yet, named it as the subtitle of the film.

When Steve found Bucky he was mumbling his name, rank and serial number over and over. Doubtless he had been doing that the whole while Schmidt and Zola had been experimenting on/torturing him.

xeno000 is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #704
Christopher_M
League of Shadows
 
Christopher_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 506
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1



Alison does look like Atwell and pulled off a British accent in Five-Year Engagment.. if they're going to make Sharon British which was a rumor hence a bevy of British actresses being linked.. perhaps a rap-battle with Anthony Mackie ala 8 Mile is in the cards hehe I'll be on board too see her as Sharon..

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Christopher_M is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #705
Kreative T
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 104
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

There is speculation that Captain America may be wearing his new shield suit in the new Movie! It;s a potential scoop that will be reveled during the superbowl on comic book movies.com

Kreative T is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #706
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!
 
RockSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,288
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher_M View Post
Alison does look like Atwel
Nah, don't see it.

__________________
It's not Marvel and DC's place to create our stories. We create our stories. --Dwayne McDuffie

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134
RockSP is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #707
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,283
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Me neither.

BullMcGiveny is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #708
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 18,924
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Are 'scoop' and 'cbm dot com' even allowed in the same sentence?

__________________

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #709
spideymouse
Side-Kick
 
spideymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,506
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Are 'scoop' and 'cbm dot com' even allowed in the same sentence?
Nope! And because you just put them together in the same question, you're about to be banned! Haha jk.

spideymouse is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #710
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 18,924
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

heh

__________________

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 04:27 PM   #711
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme
 
R_Hythlodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: vienna, austria (europe) 6.784 km east of new york
Posts: 5,160
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Are 'scoop' and 'cbm dot com' even allowed in the same sentence?
it depends on the sentence. just like with the Bremen Town Musicians it is all about context. The sentence 'cbm dot com will never get a real scoop' is perfectly acceptable

__________________
every Summer
Some Dude **** Sexy Chick **** The Supporting Cast **** Evil British Guy
in
RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------


ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic


R_Hythlodeus is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #712
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 18,924
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1


__________________

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #713
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,012
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Nope! And because you just put them together in the same question, you're about to be banned! Haha jk.
lol close to it yes. lol

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:56 AM   #714
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!
 
Rock Sexton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 8,921
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
It was when Cap found him in the Hydra base. He was strapped to a table, presumably so they could experiment on him.
That whole scene/interaction was poorly done IMO. Felt so rushed and generic. Reminded me of Keenan Ivory Wayans in "Don't Be a Menace ...." where he'd show up and yell "Message!" LOL

__________________
"I dominated like a rabid, horny gorilla." - Robert Down Jr. in EW's coverage of The Avengers
My Official "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=395
My Official "Godzilla" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=274
My Official "X-Men: DOFP" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=909
Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 03:42 PM   #715
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,975
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
That whole scene/interaction was poorly done IMO. Felt so rushed and generic. Reminded me of Keenan Ivory Wayans in "Don't Be a Menace ...." where he'd show up and yell "Message!" LOL
agreed. I didn't feel the significance of it..

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #716
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,404
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

I think it was a good example of choosing not to beat the audience over the head. It would have been a much worse decision to throw in various "Obvious Foreshadowing Here" type emphasis to the scene.

metaphysician is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #717
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 17,984
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

So now with Emily Van Camp landing the female lead role, casting is almost complete. But I still want to hear an announcement for Zemo. I don't want Armin Zola as the big bad, and Crossbones is more of the muscle/henchman type.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #718
Raiden
What a bunch of...
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 24,925
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

I'm kind of worried about the large cast of characters in this movie (memories of Spider-Man 3), as well as the unknown directors they hired to direct the sequel instead of Joe Johnson. I hope Marvel knows what they're doing.

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #719
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 67,348
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Yeah, the choice of directors, regardless of their work on stuff like AD and Community, gives me pause.

__________________
My Current Thoughts on the "All Things Superman/Batman" Thread:
1. UGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
2. Give Me News, Or Get the Hell Out.

Sawyer is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #720
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,717
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I'm kind of worried about the large cast of characters in this movie (memories of Spider-Man 3), as well as the unknown directors they hired to direct the sequel instead of Joe Johnson. I hope Marvel knows what they're doing.
Who saw Iron Man coming with John Favreau as director? After 6 consecutive successes I've learned to trust Marvel.

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #721
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,959
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I'm kind of worried about the large cast of characters in this movie (memories of Spider-Man 3), as well as the unknown directors they hired to direct the sequel instead of Joe Johnson. I hope Marvel knows what they're doing.
Large cast? It's less than the Avengers. You have:

Steve
Bucky
Sharon
Fury
Maria
Natasha
Falcon
Crossbones
Arnim Zola

People need to stop comparing everything with more than 5 cast members to SM3. The problem with SM3 wasn't that it had two villains in the first place, it's how they were handled that was the problem.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #722
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,416
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Large cast? It's less than the Avengers. You have:

Steve
Bucky
Sharon
Fury
Maria
Natasha
Falcon
Crossbones
Arnim Zola

People need to stop comparing everything with more than 5 cast members to SM3. The problem with SM3 wasn't that it had two villains in the first place, it's how they were handled that was the problem.
Yup.
Hell, as long as everybody's on the same page, you can have a dozen villains, or a dozen heroes, and everything works fine. When you have multiple *storylines* trying to cross over and fit together like square pegs in round holes, THAT'S when you run into trouble. Raimi had three very different villains with three very different storylines, and tried (or was forced, more like) to cram them all together, and it just made no sense at all.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #723
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!
 
Suzanne78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,200
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Now that this movie has three women (so far) cast in pretty major supporting roles, dare I hope it'll pass Bechdel? So far, Thor has that distinction over its other MCU counterparts.

I really like how Marvel's going big time for the female audience. Hit up the female star of one of the most zeitgeistiest TV shows of recent. (And, as someone pointed out earlier, on the same network as their upcoming S.H.I.E.L.D. series).

__________________
"Joss Whedon, Shane Black, Edgar Wright, James Gunn… For as much flack as people give Marvel that's a pretty freaking great group of filmmakers. Kind of feel spoiled."
--Chewy

Avatar by Kane52630
Suzanne78 is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #724
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 17,984
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Now that this movie has three women (so far) cast in pretty major supporting roles, dare I hope it'll pass Bechdel? So far, Thor has that distinction over its other MCU counterparts.

I really like how Marvel's going big time for the female audience. Hit up the female star of one of the most zeitgeistiest TV shows of recent. (And, as someone pointed out earlier, on the same network as their upcoming S.H.I.E.L.D. series).
Well they seem to have cast in house since ABC is owned by Disney. I'm sure that's how they'll manage to allow Emily to be on both Revenge and Cap 2, and even possibly guest appearances in SHIELD. Maybe someone from ABC suggested her when they couldn't find a suitable actress for the movie. She didn't seem to be on their radar at all before.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #725
Mysteryman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,064
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Well, Chris Evans wasnt on their radar for Cap last time , that worked out pretty well.

Mysteryman is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.