Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #526
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe View Post
Well, it was sold as a sequel to First Class. Like I said, I wish Fox had been more honest about this. The truth is, there's a whole group of new fans of the First Class universe and its characters who couldn't care less about the other films. Those are the ones who will feel cheated.
But I believe the number of fans from the rest of the series outnumber the number of new fans due to First Class. And since it looks like we're getting the main cast members of both back, they're trying to keep everyone happy.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:37 PM   #527
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

they would be wasting the critically praised talents of McAvoy and Fassbender if they completely throw away the events of First class

and given that vaughn mapped out the script or at least had some part of the script and singer seems more then willing to keep the films in continuity and also what we read said most the film takes place in 1972 id guess we won't be short changed

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 01-31-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:39 PM   #528
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, it was sold as a sequel to First Class. Like I said, I wish Fox had been more honest about this. The truth is, there's a whole group of new fans of the First Class universe and its characters who couldn't care less about the other films. Those are the ones who will feel cheated.
i wouldn't worry there will be continuity with first class, same actors, same performances

Old 01-31-2013, 12:39 PM   #529
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The minute they announced this as days of future past and Bryan Singer talked about
connecting dots between films that wasn't a tipoff?

I love how people act like first Class brought a legion of new people to franchise yet
It didn't sure up at box office.First Class was lowest grossing film In franchise.

Look from reports more time Is still going to be spent In 1973 than future.

Xavier losing hair could be plot point.Hell I don't put It past them to have beast have to stop Mystique from being one to kill target who sets In motion the future.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:41 PM   #530
JP
Flame On

So we have this:

Quote:
As The Hollywood Reporter wrote in December, sources indicate stars of the original trilogy will appear mostly in scenes depicting a dystopian future, so time commitments for the actors are likely to be minimal.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...re-past-415659

And now this:

"MOST OF THE FILM WILL TAKE PLACE IN 1973"

Yeah, sure seems like those poor First Class characters are getting SHAFTED!! Boo hoo.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:43 PM   #531
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

all in all i'm surprised that they got all the X3 original characters to return for minimal screen time, wasn't expecting that

Old 01-31-2013, 12:47 PM   #532
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Doesn't "Most of the film will take place in 1973" scream FIRST CLASS sequel to you?
I think that my explanation of what bothered me about a ten-year gap between films and what happened to the characters is clear enough.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Old 01-31-2013, 12:49 PM   #533
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Singer isn't going to up and forget First Class - where did that come from? It clearly says on that casting call that the majority of the movie takes place in 1973.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:49 PM   #534
Angamb
Banned User

its clear. No need to clarify it loganbabe

some users dont seem to empathize with the others

but this is a board, so it is what it is

Old 01-31-2013, 12:50 PM   #535
JP
Flame On

Quote:
I think that my explanation of what bothered me about a ten-year gap between films and what happened to the characters is clear enough.
But those complaints =/= shafting the First Class cast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Singer isn't going to up and forget First Class - where did that come from? It clearly says on that casting call that the majority of the movie takes place in 1973.
Selective reading + wanting to see things that aren't there. Just like with Vaughn and the first film.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:51 PM   #536
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

In all likelyhood we are looking at 2 hour film not counting credits.And 1 hour and 30 minutes will be In 1973 with maybe 30 minutes at most In future.Not only that but It's possibly the time travel In film Is similar to original comic only Patrick Stewert switches
mind with James Mcavoy.The first Class actors,any recast of first Class actors,or any addattions they may or may not add would still be on screen more than OT actors.The comic and animated adaptions have always had more time In present(Or In this case the past) than future.

Since the HR report said mostly the Xavier mind switching speculation might be wrong but for now that Is all we got Is speculation for who will be doing the time traveling.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:53 PM   #537
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
all in all i'm surprised that they got all the X3 original characters to return for minimal screen time, wasn't expecting that
what are you talking about.So far only actor cast for Last stand to return Is ellen Page.And Kitty was expansion of character In both X-Men and X2.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:54 PM   #538
Snikt
Side-Kick

At this point, I still think it's WAY too early to in the pre-production process to even has a clue about the actors' screentime.

Whatever it is, I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with the results

Old 01-31-2013, 12:57 PM   #539
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
what are you talking about.So far only actor cast for Last stand to return Is ellen Page.And Kitty was expansion of character In both X-Men and X2.
i said X3 meaning that nearly everyone who was in that film, iceman,rogue,kitty, wolverine, and and possibly colossus so far, aswell as patrick and ian

Old 01-31-2013, 12:59 PM   #540
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I get It now.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:02 PM   #541
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

30 minutes of the original cast would be a real ****.It would be a waste.The eleven years post first class of no importance compared to this.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:03 PM   #542
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i said X3 meaning that nearly everyone who was in that film, iceman,rogue,kitty, wolverine, and and possibly colossus so far, aswell as patrick and ian
Colossus premiered in X2, not X3.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:06 PM   #543
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Colossus premiered in X2, not X3.
i didn't meeean the first time they appeared i mean the film they all appeared as main characters togeth... oh forget it

Old 01-31-2013, 01:17 PM   #544
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
But I believe the number of fans from the rest of the series outnumber the number of new fans due to First Class. And since it looks like we're getting the main cast members of both back, they're trying to keep everyone happy.
I completely agree. I think its obvious from how excited the interwebs are at the return of Original trilogy actors is a testament to that fact. I think people are just overreacting. Vaughn has said since day one that he wanted to set FC2 in the 70's I don't understand why it now comes as a shock to some people. The film is set mainly in the past, meaning it will feature the first class characters heavily so I really don't see what there is to complain about. I think people should just be happy that an X-Men movie is being made with both the first class cast and the OXT cast.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 01-31-2013, 01:18 PM   #545
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

We may be jumping the gun.The casting call may be for background characters and extras.Jumping ahead doesn't mean some of unannounced First Class actors won't be back.George Lucas keep natalie Portman for attack of the clones and It was set 10 years after
the Phantom menace.The one who would be toughest to buy 11 years later Is Caleb laundry Jones.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:26 PM   #546
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

its possible they will introduce cyclops,jean ect ect

only thing stopping that is the ages would be all wrong, but then when you think about it X1 was 2000, X2 was 2003, and X3 2006 and yet i don't think X2 was set 3 years after X1, nor was X3 set 3 years after X2 so i dunno its abit of a odd timeline already

Old 01-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #547
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

People are forgetting Origins Is Cannon.That means no Cyclops In 1973.

Bryan Singer has said he worked backwords from ages of Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen to reach a point with Xavier and Magneto In mid 20's.That strongly hints at trilogy being set In 1990's.Remember there was nothing to suggest when It was taking place.Bryan
wanted a timeless feeling.Yeah on radio In X2 they had one song but that doesn't mean anything.

I could see maybe at end of film they reconn the Xavier finding jean scene with her as young girl being visited By james Mcavoy In wheel chair or redoing scene from Last Stand with Mcavoy using telephatic projection of himself and Michael fassbender visiting Jean If they go with cleaning up things use the bluray explanation.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:51 PM   #548
JP
Flame On

I do think there is a specific reason why they chose 1973 of all years. It has to mean something. Maybe young Storm can be used in that year? Maybe that's a good year for Nightcrawlers birth? Who knows.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:07 PM   #549
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
In the Batman franchise, there was a clear development of the main character in three films. It's not as if TDK ended with Batman being shot, with dramatic consequences, and in the next film years later it's like nothing happened. It's not as if Batman had a sister whom he adored who decided to join the dark side, and in the next film years later she's already one of his worst enemies and is trying to kill him, and we don't even know what exactly happened that caused that transition. It's not like secondary characters like Alfred and Gordon were dropped because the new film had no use for them.
We don't know yet if the secondary characters have been dropped or not. And I don't think it must be assumed that in the next movie Raven will hate Charles and will be ready to kill him. Or that Charles will now be totally cool to be in a wheelchair now that years have passed - it's not like there is an expiration date on something like this. It can still have impact years later even if we don't see the immediate aftermath.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:11 PM   #550
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I do think there is a specific reason why they chose 1973 of all years. It has to mean something. Maybe young Storm can be used in that year? Maybe that's a good year for Nightcrawlers birth? Who knows.
Something to do with politics of the time, maybe?

Closed Thread