The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #51
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
It is absolutely appalling and DISGUSTING that people keep bringing this up as a possibility. Rape is NOT A PLOT DEVICE, people. Movies that involve it address the weight and horror of it. They're not using it because they need one of their characters to get pregnant. For the love of god stop suggesting it.
Except its something very real and it does happen....... You going to go get mad at law and order: svu too? I actually think ignoring it in media is a greater and larger travesty. More people that are aware the better.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #52
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Well he's the devil isn't he? Kind of symbolism there.
Truth be told it wouldn't even have to be something as drastic as rape. She could make a mistake, get pregnant. And then come to find out he's an incredibly horrible person, and she despises the fact she's carrying his child

[=]
Old 02-01-2013, 09:23 AM   #53
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Being "R"ed by the devil looking guy and being pregnant with a "demon baby" is a pretty scary plot... it would also mirror the idea of "seeds being planted" in the past that would affect the future.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #54
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Truth be told it wouldn't even have to be something as drastic as rape. She could make a mistake, get pregnant. And then come to find out he's an incredibly horrible person, and she despises the fact she's carrying his child
Yeah true....that could be as well. I think it would give her an interesting arc having her pregnant with NC. And she could use her power to hide the bump...

Old 02-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #55
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

ive also thought, that while Mystique has an intriguing relationship with Magneto, she interacts with no female (fight or otherwise) with anyone in the entire franchise. She's always fighting or killing men. It'd be interesting if Singer eventually went the lesbian/Destiny route with her, yes some would argue she was flirting with wolverine in X2, but what if that's just typical seductress mystique we know in the comics? she's a femme fatale and has always used her sexuality to get both in peoples heads and to take advantage of them (like mr loreo the prison guard).

I could easily see a traumatic relationship with Azazel lead to her not wanting his child and "switching teams" in Destiny.

[=]
Old 02-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #56
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

I just read that Alan Cumming will be Macbeth on Broadway from April through June. Guess that rules out his return, unless they recast?

Old 02-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #57
BMM
Side-Kick

I wouldn't be surprised if Nightcrawler doesn't return, although they could surprise us with a brief cameo. If not, perhaps he will be a casualty of the dystopian future. Surely, some of these guys must be.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:43 PM   #58
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I just read that Alan Cumming will be Macbeth on Broadway from April through June. Guess that rules out his return, unless they recast?
well when does filming begin? April-June really isnt a whole lotta time

[=]
Old 02-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #59
Cherry
Side-Kick

Quote:

I could easily see a traumatic relationship with Azazel lead to her not wanting his child and "switching teams" in Destiny.
If they make her a lesbian, I hope it wasn't because she was in a bad relationship with Azazel. That doesn't exactly make someone gay...

Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #60
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
If they make her a lesbian, I hope it wasn't because she was in a bad relationship with Azazel. That doesn't exactly make someone gay...
no, but it does make a bisexual choose another side. (trust me, im gay and mean no disrespect) but there's plenty of women who have gotten into a lesbian relationship after having a bad one with men. Does it make them "gay" no.. not necessarily. There could have been signs all there life. But... That also being said I do think sexuality is fluid, and having a relationship with a woman doesn't exactly make her a lesbian either.

not only that, but she wouldn't "go gay" because of a bad relationship, she'd fall for destiny/find comfort when she was in need of a friend and someone who actually made her feel special.

As long as they never deal with Sabretooth and Graydon Creed... i'll be happy.

Mystique loved sex and giving birth apparently (in the comics) but was always a horrible mother.

[=]

Last edited by spideyboy_1111; 02-01-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #61
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
well when does filming begin? April-June really isnt a whole lotta time
April through August (so I've read). So it's possible.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #62
Great Mind(s)
Broken

She seems to be with Magneto still in X1... I mean they kiss in bed in First Class...what else happened? Are they "together" ? I don't understand.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #63
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
She seems to be with Magneto still in X1... I mean they kiss in bed in First Class...what else happened? Are they "together" ? I don't understand.
mags showed no sexual interest in her in FC... though she was attracted to him. But she bounced around a bit in that. eager to like anyone who payed her attention

[=]
Old 02-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #64
Great Mind(s)
Broken

They did kiss though...

Old 02-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #65
night0205
Side-Kick

It is strange where you people's conversations go... I don't even see any hint that any of this is going to be in Days of Future Past.

night0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #66
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by night0205 View Post
It is strange where you people's conversations go... I don't even see any hint that any of this is going to be in Days of Future Past.
we're sorta speculating beyond that

[=]
Old 02-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #67
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
They did kiss though...
it felt emotionless on Erik's part though. imo

[=]
Old 02-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #68
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

This forum has given Mystique a big arc already...

She gets raped by Azazel, gives birth to a demon-child, abandons him, and then becomes a lesbian and hooks up with granny Destiny. lol

Old 02-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #69
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
it felt emotionless on Erik's part though. imo
Agreed. I am curious to see what's happened between them in the following 11 years, though.

Since we're discussing the FC cast, why is it that Jones hasn't been invited back? Magneto made such effort to bust her out of a CIA prison. She can't just be dropped.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #70
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Except its something very real and it does happen....... You going to go get mad at law and order: svu too? I actually think ignoring it in media is a greater and larger travesty. More people that are aware the better.
Trivialising rape by using it as a plot device would probably be a greater travesty here. Not that I think that the X-Men franchise would actually go into this territory anyway.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #71
The Guard
Side-Kick

The main reason this "rape" thing wouldn't work?

Mystique's turn and development into the cold, hate-filled killer we know from the previous films should revolve around the core concepts of the franchise...hatred and bigotry against mutants, and her eventually militant reaction to this.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night

Last edited by The Guard; 02-01-2013 at 05:20 PM.
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #72
Angamb
Banned User

young Mystique should be attacked by a group of humans, being alone in the city at night, in the streets

THAT would be a very dramatic moment and would give Raven the ultimate reason to hate on humans, appart than giving Jennifer a powerfull scene, if done right.

She has the talent to do it, would be really appreciated if the creative team was able to really show stuff like that.

This franchise should REALLY show what humans are capable of, and Mystique is the perfect victim right now.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #73
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post

Mystique's turn and development into the cold, hate-filled killer we know from the previous films should revolve around the core concepts of the franchise...hatred and bigotry against mutants, and her eventually militant reaction to this.
No, the real reason this rape thing wouldn't work is because it's awful and horrifying and has absolutely no place whatsoever in this franchise, least of all as a plot device so we can tie Mystique to Nightcrawler. I'm still reeling that anyone would suggest such a thing. Yikes.

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #74
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post

But that's predictable and completely one dimensional. The only problems mutants will ever face is discrimination? yes that should always be apparent but you need more than that imo

[=]
Old 02-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #75
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Trivialising rape by using it as a plot device would probably be a greater travesty here. Not that I think that the X-Men franchise would actually go into this territory anyway.
Ok my bad. rape should never be in any form of media because if we ignore it we can pretend it never happens. *rollseyes *

[=]