The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #726
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Just because she wasn't on our radar doesn't mean she wasn't. on the studio's.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #727
Kreative T
Banned User

First I thought this movie was going to suck hard because the people directing it, but I read an article abou the Russo brothers and I feel more confident.

Check out the excerpt-

The Russo Brothers
It was originally reported that Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige was very impressed by the Russo brothers’ “try-out” for the Captain America 2 directing job. Moreover, the siblings had already taken steps to avoid being branded as solely comedy filmmakers, seeing how they attached themselves to direct the Ciudad graphic novel adaptations (with Dwayne Johnson) prior to their interview for the Cap sequel.
Marvel heads clearly (hopefully?) know something that everyone else does not, since Captain America 2 will be more grounded and darker than its predecessor – as it deals primarily with Steve Rogers’ (Chris Evans) attempts to carry out missions for S.H.I.E.L.D. in the modern-day landscape. As it stands, the Russo brothers have been deemed worthy to carry out that task.
Captain America 2 will arrive in U.S. theaters on April 4th, 2014.
-

Old 02-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #728
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Well they seem to have cast in house since ABC is owned by Disney. I'm sure that's how they'll manage to allow Emily to be on both Revenge and Cap 2, and even possibly guest appearances in SHIELD. Maybe someone from ABC suggested her when they couldn't find a suitable actress for the movie. She didn't seem to be on their radar at all before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Just because she wasn't on our radar doesn't mean she wasn't. on the studio's.
The signing of VanCamp suggests to me that all those "short lists" were either fabricated by entertainment writers or based on hype generated by various actresses' agents. "Sources close to the selection process" could mean anyone from a producer at Marvel to an actor's rep or some guy who works in a studio mailroom. Planting a casting rumor is a quick way to get a hit of publicity for a film or an actress. Marvel might have had its eye on VanCamp all the while, as far as we know.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #729
Frico
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Well, Chris Evans wasnt on their radar for Cap last time , that worked out pretty well.
This.

I do it because of a reckless bat. I do it because it's justice for my parents. I do it because no one else will. But most of all...I do it because I have to. - Batman

Old 02-02-2013, 12:45 AM   #730
MysticRain
Side-Kick

That was unexpected. I have no real reaction. Only known her for her TV roles - couldn't get into Revenge, seen a few episodes. But I had seen her here and there on other shows. She didn't leave bad impression. It will be weird seeing her on the big screen.

If I remember correctly, Evan's name started to pop up the last month or so before he was cast. Here, no one had ever mentioned her before today (is it official though?)

I think she'll do fine. Of all the MCU films casts, Captain America is the only one that I have no issue with the casting so far. Although, most were surprise choices at first, but after watching the film, I thought they were all great in their roles and couldn't imagine other actors for them.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:06 AM   #731
JustSomeGuy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreative T View Post
First I thought this movie was going to suck hard because the people directing it, but I read an article abou the Russo brothers and I feel more confident.

Check out the excerpt-

The Russo Brothers
It was originally reported that Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige was very impressed by the Russo brothers’ “try-out” for the Captain America 2 directing job. Moreover, the siblings had already taken steps to avoid being branded as solely comedy filmmakers, seeing how they attached themselves to direct the Ciudad graphic novel adaptations (with Dwayne Johnson) prior to their interview for the Cap sequel.
Marvel heads clearly (hopefully?) know something that everyone else does not, since Captain America 2 will be more grounded and darker than its predecessor – as it deals primarily with Steve Rogers’ (Chris Evans) attempts to carry out missions for S.H.I.E.L.D. in the modern-day landscape. As it stands, the Russo brothers have been deemed worthy to carry out that task.
Captain America 2 will arrive in U.S. theaters on April 4th, 2014.
-
Have to say I agree with you. I feel like the general reaction was negative when it was first announced these guys were at the helm, but I am excited because it is so unconventional. It seems like the type of "out of left field" selection that ends up being brilliant. For some reason it sort of reminds me of George Lucas selecting Irvin Kirshner to direct Empire Strikes Back. I can't exactly say why I get that feeling, but I do. Indie film makers who are used to working tightly scripted material. I am very much looking forward to this.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #732
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

You know, I'm almost *positive* that Baron Zemo is going to be the *real* villain in this movie, and that a very big name will play the role. It's been Marvel Studios' strategy in almost every movie they've made so far (except Avengers of course, which recycled a villain). Marquee names like Jeff Bridges, Mickey Rourke, Guy Pearce, Ben Kingsley, William Hurt, Tim Roth, and Hugo Weaving. (Hiddie might be the notable exception to the rule, but he's one helluvan exception.) So far, Scarjo is the only real "marquee" name in this whole ensemble; I'll argue with you about whether or not Evans has made it to "marquee" status yet. (Samjack counts, if/when Fury is confirmed to be a part of the supporting cast.)

So it doesn't make any sense that they're depending on (no-)names like Grillo and Jones to be the principal antagonist. This movie *still* needs a true BIG Bad, and it still needs a BIG name to fill those shoes. As in, an award-winning name.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #733
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

I still think we're going to see Crossbones get a Whiplash-esque villain upgrade.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:30 AM   #734
Project862006
Banned User

Doug Loves Movies podcast had chris evans on as a guest and chris said he hasn't even gotten the script yet
Quote:
On Captain America: The Winter Solider.
Evans: I don't have a script yet. We start shooting in two months and they haven't given me a script. That's how Marvel works. Different directors, it's the Russo brothers. It makes perfect sense, Community, S.H.I.E.L.D. superhero action movie
and this site says shooting has been pushed from march to june

http://www.featurefilmcasting.com/20...ldier-los.html

Old 02-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #735
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

When I read it was pushed back till June I though, hey, this frees time up for actress X to wrap up the movie she's doing and get into training.

Then I remembered EVC.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:15 AM   #736
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Cap pushed back to June? That's no good. How will they make their release date next year? Why do they need to push it back?

Old 02-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #737
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
You know, I'm almost *positive* that Baron Zemo is going to be the *real* villain in this movie, and that a very big name will play the role. It's been Marvel Studios' strategy in almost every movie they've made so far (except Avengers of course, which recycled a villain). Marquee names like Jeff Bridges, Mickey Rourke, Guy Pearce, Ben Kingsley, William Hurt, Tim Roth, and Hugo Weaving. (Hiddie might be the notable exception to the rule, but he's one helluvan exception.) So far, Scarjo is the only real "marquee" name in this whole ensemble; I'll argue with you about whether or not Evans has made it to "marquee" status yet. (Samjack counts, if/when Fury is confirmed to be a part of the supporting cast.)

So it doesn't make any sense that they're depending on (no-)names like Grillo and Jones to be the principal antagonist. This movie *still* needs a true BIG Bad, and it still needs a BIG name to fill those shoes. As in, an award-winning name.
Yeah, he counts. Fury's going to be in the movie.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #738
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Don't worry about big names. One or two major roles are not cast yet and MS has a habit of casting the biggest names in supporting roles or as villains. Not to mention that in terms of getting people to watch the movie, MS itself has become one of those big names. There are many people who will watch that movie because it is made by MS and I'm not talking about fanpersons here, I'm talking about regular moviegoers.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 02-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #739
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Emily VanCamp, while not a big name, will also draw a lot of fans of Revenge, which is a hit TV series.

Wouldn't have minded seeing flashbacks involving Hayley Atwell and Tommy Lee Jones though, especially if it showed the aftermath of when Rogers went missing. I feel that that part of the story will never be seen, but I would like to know Peggy's reaction to her loss and how she dealt with things. Of course, they can't all be Cap's flashbacks if that were the case.

Would also be cool if we had a flashback with the Howling Commandos, allowing Neal McDonagh to return as Dum Dum Dugan.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #740
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Now that this movie has three women (so far) cast in pretty major supporting roles, dare I hope it'll pass Bechdel? So far, Thor has that distinction over its other MCU counterparts.

I really like how Marvel's going big time for the female audience. Hit up the female star of one of the most zeitgeistiest TV shows of recent. (And, as someone pointed out earlier, on the same network as their upcoming S.H.I.E.L.D. series).
Iron Man 2 passed the Bechdel test, as well.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #741
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Iron Man 2 passed the Bechdel test, as well.
Did it? I don't remember any conversations between Pepper and Natasha that didn't revolve around Tony.

Maybe a quick one in Pepper's office before Tony came in...

Old 02-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #742
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:

Fury is already confirmed to be apart of the supporting cast. And yeah, no way Winter Soldier and Crossbones are the main villains. They're grunts for other people. And I highly doubt that the Russian government itself is the antagonist either.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #743
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Cap pushed back to June? That's no good. How will they make their release date next year? Why do they need to push it back?

Until Marvel officially announces that the date has changed that is a rumor from one website of questionable reliability. The same notice also says "March 2013". They have previously posted notices with the wrong year on them, so anything they say needs the proverbial grain of salt.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #744
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Until Marvel officially announces that the date has changed that is a rumor from one website of questionable reliability. The same notice also says "March 2013". They have previously posted notices with the wrong year on them, so anything they say needs the proverbial grain of salt.
Oh ok.

And get out of my nest!!!!!

Old 02-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #745
Kreative T
Banned User

i want them to update the suit and make it more rugged with darker colors. And I actually want them to give him his metal wings on the sides of his mask. Let the wings be shield radio com link. So they can communicate with him via radio frequencies.

that will part of the new suit.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #746
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Random observation: I'm willing to bet that the fact that Marvel went with a non-marquee TV star to be Cap's love interest means it's likely that Vancamp was signed to a multi-pic deal. They have a history of recruiting TV stars for recurring roles, while going for known-quantity names for one-shot villains and supporting cast. If true, Agent 13 might well show up in *lots* of places, including the SHIELD TV show.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #747
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Ya Emily is gorgeous so I am happy they went with her. Will be cool if folks from the movies pop up in the show too.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #748
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Random observation: I'm willing to bet that the fact that Marvel went with a non-marquee TV star to be Cap's love interest means it's likely that Vancamp was signed to a multi-pic deal. They have a history of recruiting TV stars for recurring roles, while going for known-quantity names for one-shot villains and supporting cast. If true, Agent 13 might well show up in *lots* of places, including the SHIELD TV show.
Coincidentally, the SHIELD show will be in the second half of its first season when Cap 2 is released. Wonder if we'll see a cross between the two with Sharon showing up?

Old 02-02-2013, 10:26 PM   #749
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Coincidentally, the SHIELD show will be in the second half of its first season when Cap 2 is released. Wonder if we'll see a cross between the two with Sharon showing up?
And HIMYM will be nearly over so Cobie could soon show up too.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #750
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
when your lead hasn't read script i say the date is gonna move lol

Closed Thread