The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Products

Old 11-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #526
spidey alex
Side-Kick

Default Re: Spidey Suits & Suit Creation methods. - Part 1

Veeery nice! Cool photos
Costume itself reminds me of The Ultimate Spider-Man comicbook series, I like it

spidey alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #527
TheSpidey22
The Vigilante Spiderman

Hey every1 im new here this is my suit its not that great but i made it for $60, its a seven piece suit its all seperated i used tight fitting clothes for the black & a red jumpsuit for the red & sharpie for the webs , except the mask i ordered it from ebay, but baisicly i call it the Ultimate Ditko suit lol thats what it makes me think of thanks for looking & Spidey1111 that suit is pure awesome how did you put it together?

TheSpidey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #528
Spidey1111
Groovy

Thanks. I bought a red morph suit and a blue one. I put on the blue one, then the red one on top of it and drew out where all the red would go. Then I cut out the red parts from the red suit and sewed them onto the blue suit. Then I drew all the webs on with sharpie and used a black leather like material for the eyes. I used 2 layers of a really thin white material for the lenses. Fairly simple design.

Spidey1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #529
TheSpidey22
The Vigilante Spiderman

i did the smae thing for my body pieces except i used tight fitting black for the black areas...maybe next time i should try 2 spandex suits my webs didnt line up so well tho or my sewing al lwell ...yours looks awesome tho man very Spiderman i can see mcfarlane in the eyes too

TheSpidey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #530
sephiroth61787
Side-Kick

Really impressed by the work I've seen in this thread.

I'm going to attempt to make an ASM movie costume. I'm getting the very expensive Japanese Blu-Ray box set which has the upper portion of the costume included. I'm going to try to build the rest of the costume around that. Not sure if it's going to work out or not. It's also my first time doing anything like this. Hope it works out. Any tips or places to look for tutorials on costume making?

sephiroth61787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #531
SUP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephiroth61787 View Post
Really impressed by the work I've seen in this thread.

I'm going to attempt to make an ASM movie costume. I'm getting the very expensive Japanese Blu-Ray box set which has the upper portion of the costume included. I'm going to try to build the rest of the costume around that. Not sure if it's going to work out or not. It's also my first time doing anything like this. Hope it works out. Any tips or places to look for tutorials on costume making?
Wow, cant wait to see that, where did you buyed it ?? Well, for costume making tips and tutorials, go see ParkerPeters, brado and spider alex here on the forum, google "spidey4fun", and check youtube and the rpf. Hope that helps.

SUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:55 AM   #532
spidey alex
Side-Kick

Okay here's a small update on the suit progress..

You can see there's no pattern from the waist down, so that's the next thing to do. I'm just waiting for the exact same red puff paint that I used on the rest of the suit to arrive at the arts 'n crafts store near me. (sorry for the bad quality and grain, it's not a great camera)

Here's the back of the suit. I realised the back spider turned out a little bigger than in the movie but I like it that way.

Next it's the zipper and the connection between the top and bottom parts of the suit.. I chose to use it after all. It is visible but I don't mind.. after all the pattern it won't show up as much. Plus I'm very satisfied how it turned out - it doesn't constrict the movement at all, since it's right between the waist and the hips so it doesn't stretch or move a lot. And in the middle there are two velcro tapes under the end of the red part.. serves great in case of a bathroom emergency xD

Here's the finished glove and also the 'connection' with the sleeve. Doesn't really connect in any way, I just tried to get the pattern and the webs to match on all sides. And now that I mention it, i could add some velcro or something to seal it somehow, I'll see.

And the only thing I'm not very satisfied wih is the neck and mask connection.. but mostly the neck xD It's loose below the chin and shrivels a lot. Makes the spidey look almost chin-less xD So I'll try to work it out somehow... if you guys have any advice on this I'd appreciate it a lot!

That's all for now... I will post updates on the legs etc. once I get a hold of more red puff paint.

Spidey out.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #533
webhead9707
Dr. Perky

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey alex View Post
Okay here's a small update on the suit progress..

You can see there's no pattern from the waist down, so that's the next thing to do. I'm just waiting for the exact same red puff paint that I used on the rest of the suit to arrive at the arts 'n crafts store near me. (sorry for the bad quality and grain, it's not a great camera)

Here's the back of the suit. I realised the back spider turned out a little bigger than in the movie but I like it that way.

Next it's the zipper and the connection between the top and bottom parts of the suit.. I chose to use it after all. It is visible but I don't mind.. after all the pattern it won't show up as much. Plus I'm very satisfied how it turned out - it doesn't constrict the movement at all, since it's right between the waist and the hips so it doesn't stretch or move a lot. And in the middle there are two velcro tapes under the end of the red part.. serves great in case of a bathroom emergency xD

Here's the finished glove and also the 'connection' with the sleeve. Doesn't really connect in any way, I just tried to get the pattern and the webs to match on all sides. And now that I mention it, i could add some velcro or something to seal it somehow, I'll see.

And the only thing I'm not very satisfied wih is the neck and mask connection.. but mostly the neck xD It's loose below the chin and shrivels a lot. Makes the spidey look almost chin-less xD So I'll try to work it out somehow... if you guys have any advice on this I'd appreciate it a lot!

That's all for now... I will post updates on the legs etc. once I get a hold of more red puff paint.

Spidey out.
What if you sewed some elastic to the edge of the neck, and a bit on the edge of the mask? So they tightened when put on? I know virtually nothing about suit creation, I just have a lot of ideas.xD

By day, a normal mild mannered fellow. By night, he is Dr. Perky, a brutal vigilante known for breaking the limbs of the corrupt and heartless....all while in a cuddly bear costume. BEWARE BE BEAR!!!!! Summer 2011.
My Deviantart
PSN ID:NerdHerd9707
I won't push it on you but if you'd like to ask me about Christ, I'm here.
webhead9707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #534
spidey alex
Side-Kick

Not a bad idea, thanks!
But first I think I need to shorten the neck lenght on the mask itself... there's too much of it so I guess that's why it gets so loose.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #535
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

So what's the best retail mask to get and improve upon?

From what i've seen on youtube here's what i've found works

Spider-man Deluxe Adult Halloween Mask

Amazing Spider-man glasses. Take out the lenses and add it to the mask

Gold Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #536
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

I know exactly what video you're referring to, and I thought that guy did a pretty great job with those. I say give it a shot. The mask came out looking pretty cool.

Marvel Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #537
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Another option if I don't want to do the work. Where can I buy a good replica mask?

There's nothing good on ebay.

Gold Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #538
Hombre-Araña
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post
Another option if I don't want to do the work. Where can I buy a good replica mask?

There's nothing good on ebay.
Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=251184711407

Hombre-Araña is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #539
Hombre-Araña
Side-Kick

Spidey Alex: Very impressed with your work on that suit man. Have you visited therpf at all? You should share that beauty there.

Last edited by Hombre-Araña; 11-15-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Hombre-Araña is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #540
ParkerPeters
Mighty Amazing

My Spidey Suit pattern for SDCC '13 is just about finished. What do you guys think?

ParkerPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #541
SUP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerpeters View Post
my spidey suit pattern for sdcc '13 is just about finished. What do you guys think?

amazing !!!!!!

Old 01-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #542
jrmtz543
Newbie First Class

Here's a quick pic from Halloween

jrmtz543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:02 AM   #543
nameless_hero
Crime is nameless so am I

Found an amazing spiderman pattern on ebay with the eyes too here. Also has a 616 style with Romita eyes.

Mark Webb For ASM2
nameless_hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:43 AM   #544
DerSpider-Boy
T.u.f.k.a. Goran

Hey guys,

does anyone know which glasses Peter uses in TASM to create his lenses?

Kaya Scodelario for Mary Jane Watson!!
DerSpider-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #545
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Those glasses don't exist. They were specially made for the movie.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #546
DerSpider-Boy
T.u.f.k.a. Goran

Ok thx

Kaya Scodelario for Mary Jane Watson!!
DerSpider-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:27 AM   #547
Danwashere
Side-Kick

The Amazing Spider-Man (with belt accessory from The Amazing Spider-Man video game)

Costume replica by Monette and Wreidyl Cosplay
Cosplayed by SpiderDan Geromo

More photos @ http://spiderdangeromo.tumblr.com/

Danwashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #548
spencer

As a fan of spiderman, i especially like 2012 amazing spiderman costume, it's so cool !

spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #549
ParkerPeters
Mighty Amazing

Hey all! Little update on the SDCC 13 costume I am working on. I am courting with dye-sub companies, and most of them want large scale orders, so I might be selling a few after CC this year if anyone is interested.

That is, if they refuse to do just 1 or 2 patterns for me.

The costumes will probably cost about $100-300 for you guys when all is said and done, but they will be dye sublimated cinema quality 7 piece suits.

ParkerPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #550
SUP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerPeters View Post
Hey all! Little update on the SDCC 13 costume I am working on. I am courting with dye-sub companies, and most of them want large scale orders, so I might be selling a few after CC this year if anyone is interested.

That is, if they refuse to do just 1 or 2 patterns for me.

The costumes will probably cost about $100-300 for you guys when all is said and done, but they will be dye sublimated cinema quality 7 piece suits.
Nice Update @ParkerPeters, i'm highly interrested. Btw, i think that a 100$ price tag is more than interresting,it's just amazingly affordable, even more affordable than any other expensive dye-sub suits. Good Job !!!!!