The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

View Poll Results: Love interest for Cap
Sharon Carter 86 79.63%
Wasp 3 2.78%
Other 19 17.59%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #876
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
A little fun fact: One of the covers El Mayimbe posted the other day included an issue that featured the first appearance of Sharon.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Marvel will handle her intro the same way as the comics and have her as an undercover agent who's ordered to shoot and kill Cap?
"Tales of Suspense #75?" I didn't see that in the photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Regardless of whether people think Vancamp looks like Atwell a lot or not one bit, the fact of the matter is that Sharon doesn't need to look *anything* like Peggy. At best, she's Peggy's granddaughter, but is probably a grand-niece, or even a great-grand. There would be very little genetic resemblance at all.

That's still assuming she's Sharon, which I still assume we should assume. I think DarkRaven's suggestion that she might be Carol Danvers is intriguing, but that'd be a bit of a stretch. For one, there's nothing canonical to attach Cap to Ms. Marvel (they were bitter enemies in Civil War); also, the Mar-Vell/Kree story is so big, twisty and complicated that it would consume Cap's Winter Soldier story. If Ms. Marvel ever shows up in the MCU, I'd bet on it being in GOTG, an Avengers sequel, or better yet, a Phase III solo flick. Cap seems an unlikely movie for her to land in.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #877
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Regardless of whether people think Vancamp looks like Atwell a lot or not one bit, the fact of the matter is that Sharon doesn't need to look *anything* like Peggy. At best, she's Peggy's granddaughter, but is probably a grand-niece, or even a great-grand. There would be very little genetic resemblance at all.
Sharon needs to remind Cap of Peggy. They don't have to look essentially identical like in the comics, but to say Sharon doesn't need to look *anything* like Peggy is going way too far. They'd be better off going with Bernie Rosenthal than going with a Sharon that has zero likeness to her great aunt/grandma.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 02-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #878
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

don't forget Peggy isn't Sharon's mother, she's an aunt... so Emily doesn't have to look exactly like Atwell..

Old 02-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #879
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Sharon needs to remind Cap of Peggy. They don't have to look essentially identical like in the comics, but to say Sharon doesn't need to look *anything* like Peggy is going way too far. They'd be better off going with Bernie Rosenthal than going with a Sharon that has zero likeness to her great aunt/grandma.
I distinctly recall that, early on in this particular thread, many moons ago, certain people were horribly offended by the idea that Sharon would look like Peggy. They claimed it generated an "ick factor" that was tantamount to incest, and they thought that general audiences would feel the same way. I told them they were full of ****, but point taken: maybe the less resemblance to Peggy, the better off Sharon's relationship with Cap will be accepted by audiences.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #880
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

YAY! I have been watching Emily VanCamp since Brothers & Sisters and now Revenge. So proud of her for getting a movie role like this!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 02-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #881
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
It is absolutely criminal that Marvel Studios was able to snag Natalie Portman, Scarlett Johansson, Hayley Atwell, and now Emily Van Camp as part of their cinematic universe.

I may still have my issues with how Marvel Studios does their films, but bravo with that list. Bravo!
For all these actresses they've snagged (and don't forget Gwyneth Paltrow) i'm still waiting for them to cast someone as a super powered heroine and not just agents or love interests.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #882
Nightwing 52
Things change

I've only seen her in like one ep of Revenge so I'm on a "wait and see" mindset. But look wise she does remind me of Sharon.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #883
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
For all these actresses they've snagged (and don't forget Gwyneth Paltrow) i'm still waiting for them to cast someone as a super powered heroine and not just agents or love interests.
Tru dat.
Bring on Ms. Marvel, Wasp, She-Hulk, Spider-Woman, Scarlet Witch, Tigra, Squirrel Girl....

Old 02-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #884
Frico
Live by the creed

Wow. So Vancamp, Mackie, Stan, Scarjo, Grillo, Jones...The cast is shaping up really well and although we had a lot of good names for Carter I'm happy with Emily.

Quote:
Tru dat.
Bring on Ms. Marvel, Wasp, She-Hulk, Spider-Woman, Scarlet Witch, Tigra, Squirrel Girl....
Yes to Ms. Marvel, Wasp Scarlet Witch and Tigra.

I do it because of a reckless bat. I do it because it's justice for my parents. I do it because no one else will. But most of all...I do it because I have to. - Batman

Old 02-02-2013, 12:53 AM   #885
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Having only seen emily's work On revenge I can say she would be great choice for
Sharon Carter If that Is who she Is playing.

Some have compared her character on Revenge to non costumed female Batman.

Emily and Scarlett Johansson possibly sharing the screen together! That Is great
especilly If Emily dons shield black leather at some point.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:34 AM   #886
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

I find this choice underwhelming, to be frank.

If I had to watch one episode of Revenge to become a fan of her, which would it be?

Old 02-02-2013, 02:02 AM   #887
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Seeing all these pictures of Atwell make me sad. I want her back so badly.

I haven't seen Vancamp in anything so I won't pass any judgement. All I know is that Atwell is literally perfection through and through.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-02-2013, 02:26 AM   #888
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

I feel like her relationship with ABC (owned by Disney) helped her chances plus Emily will likely show up in the S.H.I.E.L.D. series.. her casting seems just as odd when Whedon cast Cobie as Hill.. here's hoping they end up adding Union Jack and Zemo..

Last edited by Christopher_M; 02-02-2013 at 02:32 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:35 AM   #889
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Seeing all these pictures of Atwell make me sad. I want her back so badly.

I haven't seen Vancamp in anything so I won't pass any judgement. All I know is that Atwell is literally perfection through and through.
Get over it bro

Old 02-02-2013, 02:57 AM   #890
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
I find this choice underwhelming, to be frank.

If I had to watch one episode of Revenge to become a fan of her, which would it be?
Either "Betrayal" or "Duplicity". Two episodes which show how tight the line between anti-heroine and villain protagonist Emily walks.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:16 AM   #891
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Nothing wrong with her agent using her in with Disney to get a role in a sequel to a hit film. And yes I am leery of the T.V actresses from the same company because of the Katie Holmes in Batman Begins debacle. I actually didn't mind Lively in Green Lantern. but I don't think she was the best choice for the role. This could be a bad choice or a good one, I just don't know but I'm willing to give her a shot.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:27 AM   #892
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher_M View Post

Now that's a hot pic!

Quote:
I feel like her relationship with ABC (owned by Disney) helped her chances plus Emily will likely show up in the S.H.I.E.L.D. series.. her casting seems just as odd when Whedon cast Cobie as Hill.. here's hoping they end up adding Union Jack and Zemo..

I think the ABC connection helped. I don't see the casting as being as odd as Cobie though. Emily seems more spot on casting and is a better actress than Cobie. For Hill, it seemed that Morena Bacarin would've been the logical choice and was someone that Whedon had used before in Firefly.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #893
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Here's a video of Emily in a fight scene from Revenge for those of you not familiar with her.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #894
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Here's a video of Emily in a fight scene from Revenge for those of you not familiar with her.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The choreography and dialogue isn't that great, but she actually seems very believable in the role she's playing.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 02-02-2013, 07:46 AM   #895
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Nothing wrong with her agent using her in with Disney to get a role in a sequel to a hit film. And yes I am leery of the T.V actresses from the same company because of the Katie Holmes in Batman Begins debacle. I actually didn't mind Lively in Green Lantern. but I don't think she was the best choice for the role. This could be a bad choice or a good one, I just don't know but I'm willing to give her a shot.
What "debacle"? I *much* prefer Katie Holmes to Maggie Gyllenhaal any day of the week.

Anyway: yeah, picking Vancamp is probably Disney cross-promo, and is designed to help *her* exposure as much as it is Cap's. With Revenge quickly becoming ABC's newest hit show, I don't think it's going to hurt anybody.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #896
Ksb36
Side-Kick

I do not believe she has been cast as Sharon Carter. I think she will be playing a small role as Carol Danvers, probably as a young Air Force officer. This will be our introduction to Ms. Marvel, who will likely play a role in Guardians and Avengers 2.

In a recent interview with Haley Atwell, she stated she wanted to do some British television work before leaving for LA. Why would Haley be going to LA? Perhaps to shoot Cap 2? We know it will be shot largely in California.

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/n...r-black-mirror

Anyway, I am just saying...these Marvel guys are tricksy.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #897
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksb36 View Post
I do not believe she has been cast as Sharon Carter. I think she will be playing a small role as Carol Danvers, probably as a young Air Force officer. This will be our introduction to Ms. Marvel, who will likely play a role in Guardians and Avengers 2.

In a recent interview with Haley Atwell, she stated she wanted to do some British television work before leaving for LA. Why would Haley be going to LA? Perhaps to shoot Cap 2? We know it will be shot largely in California.

There's really no reason for Carol to appear here.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #898
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:

Haley also said explicitly that she won't be returning for Cap 2.

And the Deadline article that reported Emily VanCamp said that while the character hasn't been specified, it is a love interest. So the only way she would be Ms Marvel is if she isn't a love interest, unless they change that for these movies. And Emily isn't playing a small role either. She's playing the lead female part. It's not a cameo or supporting role.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #899
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

Quote:

grasping at straws.. just accept it hehe no more Atwell, she's even confirmed it

Old 02-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #900
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
What "debacle"? I *much* prefer Katie Holmes to Maggie Gyllenhaal any day of the week.

Anyway: yeah, picking Vancamp is probably Disney cross-promo, and is designed to help *her* exposure as much as it is Cap's. With Revenge quickly becoming ABC's newest hit show, I don't think it's going to hurt anybody.
I believe you're thinking of Once Upon a Time.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Closed Thread