The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #576
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
I mean, I wouldn't rule the possibility of Snyder and Goyer being involved out, but that article comes straight from their asses and not some inside source.

They're taking ElMayimbe's mention of Snyder being pursued and just adding things you could logically deduce. Just like when he said Darkseid was the villain and the story it was based on took place on Apokalips, so they ran the "exclusive" that Mother Boxes and New Genesis would be involved.
McWeeny guesstimated Goyer might rewrite Justice League on Twitter. Cut to their "exclusive" that Goyer may rewrite Justice League and now that he definitively is.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #577
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Honestly, i hope Goyer eventually just rewrites the whole damn thing practically. If he did that, and it was confirmed that Snyder or Shane Black directed it, then i would feel a whole lot better.
Me too

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 02-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #578
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

A bit off topic at the moment I guess, but it is an open discussion about Superman after all and I just wanted to share this wonderful Christopher Reeve interview that I've recently discovered. So full of life. It's bittersweet to watch.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Another great one. Talking more about who Superman is.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises

Last edited by 747; 02-02-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #579
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

that guy Matt McGoober at Cosmic Book News is so full of crap his eyes are dark brown...

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #580
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
that guy Matt McGoober at Cosmic Book News is so full of crap his eyes are dark brown...
hahahaaha

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #581
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

not to say cosmic is amazing, but filmnerdjamie has had a good share of crap superman stories as well. superman has to be an american? robinov would never allow cavill cast? jon hamm is likely cause they want an older superman and are not looking for sequels. well cavill was cast and is obviously not american. oh and jonah nolan is directing man of steel? no. at one point before deadlinehollywood announced nolan as godfathering i think either he or peter/showtime said geoff john's would write next superman movie.

maybe cooling it with the jokes on other entertainments sites would be wise. just saying everybody on these sites throws out rumors to see what sticks and filmnerdjamie has not exactly been the most successful at it either. just an opinion, i get tired of seeing other sites constantly jumped on. not talking about cosmic specifally either.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #582
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeXcalibur View Post
not to say cosmic is amazing, but filmnerdjamie has had a good share of crap superman stories as well. superman has to be an american? robinov would never allow cavill cast? jon hamm is likely cause they want an older superman and are not looking for sequels. well cavill was cast and is obviously not american. oh and jonah nolan is directing man of steel? no. at one point before deadlinehollywood announced nolan as godfathering i think either he or peter/showtime said geoff john's would write next superman movie.

maybe cooling it with the jokes on other entertainments sites would be wise. just saying everybody on these sites throws out rumors to see what sticks and filmnerdjamie has not exactly been the most successful at it either. just an opinion, i get tired of seeing other sites constantly jumped on. not talking about cosmic specifally either.
It's all part of the game...you bash each other until the other one gives from exhaustion! I don't believe one word of anything until the studio confirms it...until then it's all rumors, word of mouth and speculation....

Old 02-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #583
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Do you like run CosmicBookNews or something?

Old 02-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #584
HighFivingMF
Welp.

I'm pretty sure anything Jamie or Showtime got wrong was speculation.

Cosmic Book News posts things they pulled out of their asses as exclusives that contradict their previous article they pulled out of their ass and disguised as an exclusive.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #585
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
I'm pretty sure anything Jamie or Showtime got wrong was speculation.

Cosmic Book News posts things they pulled out of their asses as exclusives that contradict their previous article they pulled out of their ass and disguised as an exclusive.
exactly....there's a HUGE difference between speculating and just straight up making up **** and claiming it to be fact! Now if it does actually turn out to be fact well then that's good for them...

Old 02-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #586
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I think i'm going to venture out later and try and find that EMPIRE man of steel.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #587
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I think i'm going to venture out later and try and find that EMPIRE man of steel.
didn't it say March on the cover? You might be venturing for a while if that's the case

Old 02-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #588
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeXcalibur View Post

And you said Christopher Meloni was playing Lex Luthor and the trailer would be on The Dark Knight Rises DVD (among other things). What happened to that?

I make no qualms about hearing stuff. Some of it happens. Some of it doesn't. No skin off my nose. But you'd be a fool to listen to a crap site like Cosmic Book News. You certainly seem to have an axe to grind against me and Showtime. You also don't talk like a poster whose been here for only a year...

Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 02-02-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #589
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I'm still under the impression that Meloni will turn out to be Lex somehow...I'm just not sold on him playing just some random Col. Hardy guy. Meloni has great talent and I think he could put it to good use as Lex

Old 02-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #590
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I'm still under the impression that Meloni will turn out to be Lex somehow...I'm just not sold on him playing just some random Col. Hardy guy. Meloni has great talent and I think he could put it to good use as Lex
Not going to lie, Meloni would be a pretty bad ass Luthor.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #591
protocida
Side-Kick

It Nolan is involved, it means all non-comics characters are actually comics characters with cover names, right?

Old 02-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #592
dark_b
Side-Kick

hahaha

Old 02-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #593
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
It Nolan is involved, it means all non-comics characters are actually comics characters with cover names, right?
That or they get exploded.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #594
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Meloni is not playing Lex.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #595
moviefreak
Side-Kick

I was reading MOS's IMDB forums when I came across this post titled, "'Maybe' : Kevin Costner's tribute to Miss Tessmacher?? "
Quote:
From "Superman: The Movie":

SUPERMAN, weakened by Kryptonite and floundering in the pool, shouts out to Miss Tessmacher: "All those people... those innocent people. You can't just stand by and let them die."

MISS TESSMACHER: "Maybe."
I LOLed at it.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #596
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I don't think so either.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #597
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

It's a sad state of affairs when David Goyer is the writer hero who swoops in to save a script. It used to be that other, better than average writers would swoop in to save David Goyer from his consistent script troubles.

Paints a clear picture of the radioactive sewer JLA the movie is in don't it?

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 02-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #598
protocida
Side-Kick

The beauty of the Internet is that there's always someone to tell you how much a movie will suck before there's so much as one single name attached to it.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #599
Glassjaw
In training

Well the decision to bring Goyer (if true etc etc) has got to be based on WB seeing the results of MoS right? Which would suggest they liked what they saw, and have enough confidence in the product to bridge it to JL, rather then the stand alone JL we've heard about before.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #600
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

no axe to grind and if i did i would grind it in the person's face. it is just i notice how rumors from other sites get handled on here, and it is kind of hypocritical. for everyone's information, most of the rumors that get shot down from other websites were equally labeled rumor or speculation. i would not even mention all the superman info that filmnerdjamie was wrong about, if he wouldn't be so harsh against other entertainment websites that also post rumors. it isn't just about comsic so don't start speculating that i am a part of them, cause i am not.

Closed Thread