The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
RAINMAKER
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 68
Default Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

After watching the film several times, I don't seem to understand why Batman was so mad at Selina Kyle for making a "serious mistake", when he was the one that wanted Kyle to take him to Bane.

Was it because Batman was caught off-guard and wanted to attack Bane in a different way?

Or did he just want to see what Bane was all about before attacking him?

Also, I don't get why Bane made a "deal" with Selina Kyle to bring Batman to him when in fact Bane already knew who he was. This is why I wrote in an earlier thread that the first fight should've been in the "Batcave".

Oh yeah, how does Bruce kick through bricks, but can't inflict any damage on Bane? Has anybody else noticed that inconstancy?

Thanks.


Last edited by RAINMAKER; 02-02-2013 at 04:32 PM.
RAINMAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
Uroboric Forms
Your Move, Creep
 
Uroboric Forms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 839
Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

She shut the gate behind him, making it apparent that she had set him up.

Uroboric Forms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,024
Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

Quote:
Oh yeah, how does Bruce kick through bricks, but can't inflict any damage on Bane? Has anybody else noticed that inconstancy?
That's because Bane >>> bricks.

__________________
Robert Downey Jr: Max Ray
Daniel Craig: Jake Rockwell
Chris Evans: Ace Mccloud
The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #4
Piper Maru
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,433
Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

Personally, I think it's because Bane leveled up.

Piper Maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #5
zmystico
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 423
Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINMAKER View Post
After watching the film several times, I don't seem to understand why Batman was so mad at Selina Kyle for making a "serious mistake", when he was the one that wanted Kyle to take him to Bane.

Was it because Batman was caught off-guard and wanted to attack Bane in a different way?

Or did he just want to see what Bane was all about before attacking him?

Also, I don't get why Bane made a "deal" with Selina Kyle to bring Batman to him when in fact Bane already knew who he was. This is why I wrote in an earlier thread that the first fight should've been in the "Batcave".

Oh yeah, how does Bruce kick through bricks, but can't inflict any damage on Bane? Has anybody else noticed that inconstancy?

Thanks.
I don't think he was mad as much as just telling her, "you sided with the wrong guy"...remember Batman was relying heavily on theatricality and deception, so he in all likelihood didn't just want to walk up to Bane and start fighting.

Why not make a deal with her, she didn't know his true plan, and he actually needed her to accomplish is goal...she wasn't a threat to him (or so he thought)

Bruce kicked an old brick, before Bane he took out several of his men...and Bane was much stronger than him. Also, Batman tired himself early in their fight with his punches...so yes he landed but there wasn't much power behind them.

__________________
Wayne Enterprises buys and sells companies like Stark Industries
zmystico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #6
Figs
Side-Kick
 
Figs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 25,558
Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
That's because Bane >>> bricks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Maru View Post
Personally, I think it's because Bane leveled up.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Print this post and put it in a safe place....years from now pull it out and read it.......the sound of the face palming that ensues will shatter glass with it's power.
Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #7
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINMAKER View Post
After watching the film several times, I don't seem to understand why Batman was so mad at Selina Kyle for making a "serious mistake", when he was the one that wanted Kyle to take him to Bane.

Was it because Batman was caught off-guard and wanted to attack Bane in a different way?

Or did he just want to see what Bane was all about before attacking him?
Batman wanted Selina to take him to Bane, but he was not expecting Selina to lead him into a trap in Bane's "playing field" as she did. And she even admitted that this was Bane's idea.

Quote:
Also, I don't get why Bane made a "deal" with Selina Kyle to bring Batman to him when in fact Bane already knew who he was. This is why I wrote in an earlier thread that the first fight should've been in the "Batcave".
To show that Batman has failed more ways than just losing the fight when he shows Bruce that his sewer lair is right under Applied Sciences.

Quote:
Oh yeah, how does Bruce kick through bricks, but can't inflict any damage on Bane? Has anybody else noticed that inconstancy?

Thanks.
It was just all a nod to Batman: Year One. Highly doubt Nolan gave it much thought that Bruce could kick a hole through anyone since he can kick through some bricks.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #8
the last son
Side-Kick
 
the last son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,985
Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

I just don't understand why Batman wouldn't be prepared with every gadget he has in his arsenal. The smoke bombs. I mean really they just were more like ear poppers. Those would rarely work against anyone. Then he hits the lights and just stands there. Why not move around? I mean I understand you're tired and trying to catch your breath but Batman is just standing two feet away form Bane. Use the batclaw to get to higher grounds. Other than that it was a really good scene outside of batman not using any gadgets.

__________________
"I'm Drunk right now, because I'm an alcoholic"
the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #9
the last son
Side-Kick
 
the last son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,985
Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

Then it's the mask. I know Bruce is not on top of his game but any person Batman or a regular civilian in a fight with bane would target his mask. But the first fight as I said was really great, the second fight not so much. Bane was defeated way too easily. Why is Batman sitting here listening to Talia and letting Bane tie a rope around him? Why did Bane even put a rope around him? He was going to just shoot him.

__________________
"I'm Drunk right now, because I'm an alcoholic"
the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #10
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I just don't understand why Batman wouldn't be prepared with every gadget he has in his arsenal. The smoke bombs. I mean really they just were more like ear poppers. Those would rarely work against anyone. Then he hits the lights and just stands there. Why not move around? I mean I understand you're tired and trying to catch your breath but Batman is just standing two feet away form Bane. Use the batclaw to get to higher grounds. Other than that it was a really good scene outside of batman not using any gadgets.
The smoke bombs would probably work with anyone else who wouldn't expect such. Bane was.

And why would you say Batman just stood there? He could have definitely moved around and Bane finally caught up to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
Then it's the mask. I know Bruce is not on top of his game but any person Batman or a regular civilian in a fight with bane would target his mask. But the first fight as I said was really great, the second fight not so much. Bane was defeated way too easily. Why is Batman sitting here listening to Talia and letting Bane tie a rope around him? Why did Bane even put a rope around him? He was going to just shoot him.
He punched at the mask many times and the only reason he finally broke Bane's mask is when his gauntlet cut off a pipe during the second fight.

And Batman is "sitting" there because he has a knife in his side while Talia is twisting it.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #11
the last son
Side-Kick
 
the last son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,985
Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

He's standing right there a foot away from Bane. He didn't move anywhere. How did the lights just turn on once Batman was caught?

__________________
"I'm Drunk right now, because I'm an alcoholic"
the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #12
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
He's standing right there a foot away from Bane. He didn't move anywhere. How did the lights just turn on once Batman was caught?
He was on the ground when he turned the lights off. Can't have the possible thought that he got up and started to move around? Prefer the idea that he got up and stood there?

And he was thrown to his side. That could've turned the lights back on when he fell on whatever is used to turn the lights off.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #13
zmystico
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 423
Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

It just proved Alfred's point that Bruce simply wasn't ready and was thoroughly outmatched.

Bane knew EVERYTHING about Bruce/Batman and in all likelihood what he would try to do.

__________________
Wayne Enterprises buys and sells companies like Stark Industries
zmystico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #14
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,258
Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I just don't understand why Batman wouldn't be prepared with every gadget he has in his arsenal.
If we really get down to it, Batman could have just shot Bane in the neck with one of those sleeper bat darts before throwing a single punch. But that's not what the scene is about. The scene is about seeing Batman lose in a big way. Being overconfident, thinking the thrashing will be simple, because hey, he beat Ras Al Ghul and Bane won't be as tough as him surely. He was mistaken.

__________________
I dreamed a dream and "it came true."
- Anne Hathaway, actress in a supporting role winner 2013 Oscars.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar
The Intern - Judy Garland biopic
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #15
the last son
Side-Kick
 
the last son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,985
Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

I mean if I was Batman I would have just dealt with bane and his gang on the rooftops in the bat..Throw a net over them hit them with some rubber bullets and call gotham PD

__________________
"I'm Drunk right now, because I'm an alcoholic"
the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #16
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I mean if I was Batman I would have just dealt with bane and his gang on the rooftops in the bat..Throw a net over them hit them with some rubber bullets and call gotham PD
...and Batman should've had a beard and be awesome like you.

...and you should have written the script to TDKR.

Yah, we've heard it all already.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #17
the last son
Side-Kick
 
the last son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,985
Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

Someone who hates my ideas sure spends a lot of time remembering them.

__________________
"I'm Drunk right now, because I'm an alcoholic"
the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #18
Polaris23
Side-Kick
 
Polaris23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,523
Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

What I don't understand about this scene (as much as I adore it) is how Bane can pound at Batman and catch Batman's fist even though he is wearing armour that is meant to take bullets. They make it a point in BB and TDK that it's a strong suit, and can even electrocute one of the Joker's clowns, but Bane seamlessly punches away at it with his bare fists like nothing. How does he even choke Batman (when he picks him up at one point) through the armour?

__________________
Take a moment and wander off - my dreamy outer space surrealist artwork

Check it out:
www.PolarisCastillo.com
&
www.facebook.com/makeLovetomeinSpace
Polaris23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #19
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
Someone who hates my ideas sure spends a lot of time remembering them.
Just remember the hilarity in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris23 View Post
What I don't understand about this scene (as much as I adore it) is how Bane can pound at Batman and catch Batman's fist even though he is wearing armour that is meant to take bullets. They make it a point in BB and TDK that it's a strong suit, and can even electrocute one of the Joker's clowns, but Bane seamlessly punches away at it with his bare fists like nothing. How does he even choke Batman (when he picks him up at one point) through the armour?
Wasn't the Joker henchmen trying to take off Batman's cowl though? Bane never tried that and he only broke the cowl to take it off. I think that's how the electricity works and only that way if someone tries to take the mask off, but to work on the armor and fighting Batman...I don't see how that would contradict anything. Besides, we are talking about a guy who can break Batman's cowl and punch through pillars.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:53 AM   #20
Tequilla
Side-Kick
 
Tequilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: P
Posts: 1,602
Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINMAKER View Post

Oh yeah, how does Bruce kick through bricks, but can't inflict any damage on Bane? Has anybody else noticed that inconstancy?

Thanks.
Frank dux style !


Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:48 AM   #21
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest
 
Llama_Shepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8,282
Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINMAKER View Post
After watching the film several times, I don't seem to understand why Batman was so mad at Selina Kyle for making a "serious mistake", when he was the one that wanted Kyle to take him to Bane.

Was it because Batman was caught off-guard and wanted to attack Bane in a different way?
Yes. Remember how he tries being a ninja again in the lead up? He probably thought Bane could be taken out as easily, and if not, he'll fight harder. That did not work because Catwoman shut him in on a narrow walkway with Bane.

Quote:
Or did he just want to see what Bane was all about before attacking him?
Bruce thought he knew all he needed to, that Bane was just a mercenary.

Quote:
Also, I don't get why Bane made a "deal" with Selina Kyle to bring Batman to him when in fact Bane already knew who he was. This is why I wrote in an earlier thread that the first fight should've been in the "Batcave".
So he could show him that it is Bruce's own armoury being used to turn Gotham into a police state "I wondered which would break first, your spirit or your body!"

Quote:
Oh yeah, how does Bruce kick through bricks, but can't inflict any damage on Bane? Has anybody else noticed that inconstancy?
Because it's a film about a superhero and these things happen. Why doesn't Bruce dislocate his shoulder when he uses his grapple? Why didn't he shatter he feet and ankles when he kicked the bricks? Why didn't Joker have his foot sliced off when Batman caught him? Why didn't Bane pulverise his fists when he punched through the pillar? Why didn't Bruce have his cranium destroyed when Bane punched through his cowl?

All those things should have happened?

__________________
*\S/T*
"But that's the thing about Batman. Batman thinks of everything."
"There's always a way. When the odds are impossible- do the impossible."
Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #22
JDonaldD
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 86
Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris23 View Post
What I don't understand about this scene (as much as I adore it) is how Bane can pound at Batman and catch Batman's fist even though he is wearing armour that is meant to take bullets. They make it a point in BB and TDK that it's a strong suit, and can even electrocute one of the Joker's clowns, but Bane seamlessly punches away at it with his bare fists like nothing. How does he even choke Batman (when he picks him up at one point) through the armour?
Because Bane is really strong.

JDonaldD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #23
RAINMAKER
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 68
Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

Thanks for all your responses guys. It makes a lot more sense now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I just don't understand why Batman wouldn't be prepared with every gadget he has in his arsenal.
I think because Nolan needed to show Batman getting his butt kicked. Batman was arrogant and probably felt that he didn't need much in his arsenal to beat Bane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
The smoke bombs. I mean really they just were more like ear poppers. Those would rarely work against anyone. Then he hits the lights and just stands there. Why not move around? I mean I understand you're tired and trying to catch your breath but Batman is just standing two feet away form Bane. Use the batclaw to get to higher grounds. Other than that it was a really good scene outside of batman not using any gadgets.
I don't know what those "ear poppers" were either. They looked like what Bruce and Ra's threw on the ground in BB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
Then he hits the lights and just stands there. Why not move around? I mean I understand you're tired and trying to catch your breath but Batman is just standing two feet away form Bane. Use the batclaw to get to higher grounds. Other than that it was a really good scene outside of batman not using any gadgets.
He did move around. Just not much. Remember, he was on the ground when he hit the lights and then he was standing in another spot when Bane choked him.

RAINMAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #24
JDonaldD
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 86
Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

This thread is an example of what happens when the movies been out for a while and people are looking to hard for nitpicks. It's a super hero movie. If bane couldn't punch through Batman's armor or lift him over his head everyone would hate Nolan for neutering the character. You can't win with some people. Sometimes it comes down to whether you like the movie or don't. It's fine if you don't but if you don't want to like it, you'll find flaws in everything.

JDonaldD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #25
RAINMAKER
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 68
Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I mean if I was Batman I would have just dealt with bane and his gang on the rooftops in the bat..Throw a net over them hit them with some rubber bullets and call gotham PD
Of course that would've been the most logical thing to do. But we'd be sitting here and saying that was the worst scene in the movie. Everybody wants to see the "Hero" fight the "Villan".

RAINMAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.