Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #701
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I really have the feeling it could be the case.

Lauren and Singer will want a script for Fox, right? so this is a strong chance

Guys, send Bryan a tweet mentioning X-men 4, we should show him we want it
Depends if FOX knows where they are going with the franchise yet, we don't even know how this film will end, we may get another first class sequel in the 80s or we indeed may get a X4

i'd guess it will be decided more or less after this film, would be way to soon to start script writing on new stuff

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 02-02-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #702
Angamb
Banned User

remember in many cases, studios use to have a script really early in the process, before even giving the greenlight to the proyect. They spend some time before deciding what to do with it, and when its the perfect timing.

And honestly, Fox needs a big plan for the next 5-7 years, and X4 is easily the strongest of all the possible proyects.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #703
JP
Flame On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I think the "secret thing" is simply a re-working on DOFP.
Why would that be a secret?

Old 02-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #704
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
remember in many cases, studios use to have a script really early in the process, before even giving the greenlight to the proyect. They spend some time before deciding what to do with it, and when its the perfect timing.

And honestly, Fox needs a big plan for the next 5-7 years, and X4 is easily the strongest of all the possible proyects.
Fox have often planned out things and changed there minds, after all X-men origins: wolverine was clearly mean't to be the start of something but that didn't happen, then first class was mean't to get alone sequels which became days of future past which we don't know just how it will be done or turn out nor do Fox know how fans or the general public will react to this film or even the wolverine

i think personally that they are still touching up the DOFP script because the point is to make this a really good film and go on from there, take what works for future films in whatever direction that will be

Old 02-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #705
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Depends if FOX knows where they are going with the franchise yet, we don't even know how this film will end, we may get another first class sequel in the 80s or we indeed may get a X4

i'd guess it will be decided more or less after this film, would be way to soon to start script writing on new stuff
I wouldn't be too sure. As far as we know neither Dan Harris or Mike dougherty are writing DOFP. Bryan could easily get them to start writing the first draft of X4, while he directs DOFP. They could probably be writing it based on the treatment Bryan and Lauren sent to Fox a while ago. which FOX loved.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 02-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #706
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Fox have often planned out things and changed there minds, after all X-men origins: wolverine was clearly mean't to be the start of something but that didn't happen, then first class was mean't to get alone sequels which became days of future past which we don't know just how it will be done or turn out nor do Fox know how fans or the general public will react to this film or even the wolverine

i think personally that they are still touching up the DOFP script because the point is to make this a really good film and go on from there, take what works for future films in whatever direction that will be
What would u like after Days of future past?

Old 02-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #707
Marv
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I think the "secret thing" is simply a re-working on DOFP.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're just touching up the script for Days of Future Past. I think this movie is the closest we'll ever get to an X4 & highly doubt they'll pursue an X4 after it.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #708
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
What would u like after Days of future past?
personally i wouldn't mind seeing an 3rd first class sequel in the 80s with James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender as i think they could pull of a great 3rd film

but i also wouldn't mind if a new timeline was created which would bring back cyclops and jean... although i'm not holding my breath about that because Fox have never seemed happy to go out of there comfort zone

and if they made an X4 With kitty,rogue,iceman and other characters id be fine with that too

but no one knows how DOFP will end, it might end on a cliffhanger where the future hasn't changed and it needs another film to conclude, or it might indeed be a set up for an X4 or maybe this film is a pass the torch film for the first class crew, infact there is a chance even FOX doesn't know yet

Old 02-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #709
Marv
Banned User

Quote:
personally i wouldn't mind seeing an 3rd first class sequel in the 80s with James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender as i think they could pull of a great 3rd film
This is what I think will most likely happen. I think it'll be another big movie like this one but without the time travel and cast from the original trilogy.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #710
Angamb
Banned User

do you think DOFP could be a planned bridge between FC and upcoming X4, and some years later they can get the FC cast back creating another media event with the return of Jennifer, Fassbender, McAvoy and company?

the same they are doing with original actors now coming back 7 years after X3.

they could easily build hype around the third part of FC if they wait a few years after a possible X4. Specially with both Jennifer L., McAvoy and Fassbender being even bigger in three/four years from now

Old 02-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #711
psyonic
X-Man

I think they're going to keep Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy and any younger characters they have from the FC era, and keep Anna Paquin, Shawn Ashmore, Ellen Page and introduce younger versions of Storm, Cyclops and Jean Grey also keep Hugh Jackman.

Maybe have them all in the same time period, maybe stuck in the past or travel to the future.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #712
Kreative T
Banned User

X-men needs it's own MCU It would rival Disney's MCU.

I think X-men will have it's own MCU

I think that is the Superbowl scoop from that source. X-men going to do it's own age of apocalypse storyline to rival Avengers Thanos and Infinity Gauntlet.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #713
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

That would mean Rogue,Kitty,Iceman,and possibly Wolverine would all be time traveles.

I am betting Michael Dougherty and dan harris were brought on by bryan to polish DOFP.They were last writers on X2 actully working on script during filming.

Man of steel may not be the greatest and biggest hit of all time some are claiming It will be.For all the attacks on Bryan's work on X-Men and Superman.Zach Snyder cast a black actor as perry white,May have turned Jimmy Olsen Into female,and In teaser has a bearded clark Kent and apparently Jonathan Kent wanting young Clark to let people die.If Man of steel has a box office similar to Superman returns 391 Million Worldwide or has less RT score I am going to laugh.Compare teasers for Superman Returns and Man of steel and I say Returns had better.

There was time Return of the Jedi was attacked but now everyone loves It.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #714
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreative T View Post
X-men needs it's own MCU It would rival Disney's MCU.

I think X-men will have it's own MCU

I think that is the Superbowl scoop from that source. X-men going to do it's own age of apocalypse storyline to rival Avengers Thanos and Infinity Gauntlet.

Totally agree about needing its own Cinematic Universe. Fox has ALL the ingredients now to really expand the universe. They have a great cast for the movies set in the past and a great and big cast for the movies in present. so after Days of future past, and taking into account that it will be the biggest x-men movie to date, Fox can just keep expanding it movie after movie.

hope you are right about Age of Apocalypse. If Fox and Bryan decide to do it, we're gonna get something really really huge with our loved mutants.

the future looks more promising than ever, Id say, taking into account current state of comic movies.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #715
Great Mind(s)
Broken

It would be cool to link Days of future past with Age of Apocalypse. They could introduce Cable as a mysterious time traveler they intercept. Or that could be too confusing...

Old 02-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #716
Marv
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
It would be cool to link Days of future past with Age of Apocalypse. They could introduce Cable as a mysterious time traveler they intercept. Or that could be too confusing...
Sounds good to me. Age of Apocalypse would be the natural next story to tell following Days of Future Past.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #717
Kreative T
Banned User

Amd the guy who wrote usual suspects, The Wolverine and writer and Director of Jack Reacher Chris McQuarie said he wanted to write and direct or help with solo X-men films sort of what the avengers are doing now, expand the interest of the Universe and introduce the unverse to the world. At the time Tom Rothman was Head executive at Fox and they didn't get back to him on the idea of and X-men MCU. Tom Rothman has Been fired, and Chris said he is still interested and is still waiting for the call.

I say call him up we need all the help we can get. I would love to see arenioun of the usual suspects team.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #718
def28
Side-Kick

AOA should be the next to build up. If they want to do it right AOA needs to be a crossover of multiple X Men films though. No way you can have all those characters and storylines going in just one film. Unless you simplify the hell out of it.

They need to broaden their universe. They wont do that with films revolving around the same characters all the time in one X Men film every three years.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #719
Great Mind(s)
Broken

They should build up Apocalypse in solo movies maybe...

Edit: Nice timing.
You said it perfectly ha. Apocalypse can't be one single movie.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #720
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah, theres just no way that will work. And it would be a missed chance for Fox to actually build up to a huge event. Cant get much larger then AOA. If they can hold onto their current crew and greenlight some films with fan favs who have been tossed to the side where they can be developed properly, then AOA should be an unstoppable monster by the time it hits. It also wont seem like a mess of characters if everyones been introduced within their own team films ahead of time. Noting wrong with having alot of X men in a movie, we just need to know who they are first.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #721
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
Dougherty where is my trick r treat sequel
I second this.
I want Trick r Treat 2: Trick r Treatier......
NOW.

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Love and let love. Live and let live. #NOH8
Old 02-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #722
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
what if this secret thing is X-men 4?????

maybe Lauren and Singer want to have a script soon to send it to Fox so they could give it the greenlight right after Days of future past release
This is too early for them to do a script for X-Men 4. But if thats their plan, I'm not complaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
AOA should be the next to build up. If they want to do it right AOA needs to be a crossover of multiple X Men films though. No way you can have all those characters and storylines going in just one film. Unless you simplify the hell out of it.

They need to broaden their universe. They wont do that with films revolving around the same characters all the time in one X Men film every three years.
I really hope they do AOA after DOFP! And Mr. Sinister should be Apocalypse's right handman.

And summer 2016 would be a fitting release date to X4, 10 years after X3!

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-02-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #723
Angamb
Banned User

too early why?

scripts could take a whole year to make. DOFP being the most recent case.

If by DOFP release, the boxoffice impact is pretty strong, Fox could have the script done and could give it the greenlight, for a 2015 shooting and 2016 release.

If Fox released Fantastic four sequel just two years after the first, I see no reason why they cant do the same with the x-men franchise. Specially if X4 has many actors that wont appear on DOFP.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #724
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
too early why?

scripts could take a whole year to make. DOFP being the most recent case.

If by DOFP release, the boxoffice impact is pretty strong, Fox could have the script done and could give it the greenlight, for a 2015 shooting and 2016 release.

If Fox released Fantastic four sequel just two years after the first, I see no reason why they cant do the same with the x-men franchise. Specially if X4 has many actors that wont appear on DOFP.
They still have two X-Men movies that haven't hit the theaters yet and this isn't like a comic-book property that haven't had a movie adaptation before that it would take 3 to 10 years to develop the script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreative T View Post
X-men needs it's own MCU It would rival Disney's MCU. I think X-men will have it's own MCU

In my opinion, I don't think X-Men needs its own MCU. At least with Marvel Studios, they have a lot of comic-book characters that I can see having a trilogy. But with X-Men, the only character that I see that can really carry a solo film is Wolverine. I don't think the casual viewers would be really interested to watch movies for X Factor, New Mutants, X Force and Deadpool. If FOX released those movies, it would perform at the box-office like Blade, Ghost Rider, Kick-Ass The Punisher and Elektra. And if those films bombed that could really hurt the whole X-Men movie franchise. I think they just do 1 X-Men movie (that is not a spinoff and a prequel) at a time, 1 movie in every 2 to 3 years just like the other movie series out there.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-02-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #725
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
They still have two X-Men movies that haven't hit the theaters yet and this isn't like a comic-book property that haven't had a movie adaptation before that it would take 3 to 10 years to develop the script.
whats your real point?

I dont get it from your comment.

can Bryan writers start X4 script this year or not?

Closed Thread