Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #526
Ryo Jin
Let's Fighting Love!

Default Re: The Resident Evil Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I've said it before and I will say it again....best place to take this series is backwards. Do a prequel. Resident Evil 1945....Set it in Nazi Germany during WWII, around the time that Spencer, Marcus and Ashford are initially experimenting with the T-Virus. Play into the mythos of the Nazis allowing their scientists to do brutal experiments on the Jewish people. It is the perfect setting for the founders of Umbrella to begin their research. You could play as an Allied soldier who gets separated from his unit and stumbles into Spencer/Ashford/Marcus's experiments.

Plus think of how atmospheric it could be....dark stormy trench filled battle fields, surrounded by corpses, never sure if they will rise as zombies. There could be old German castles....concentration camps. Let's get back to the roots of the series. The atmosphere alone sounds terrifying. Add in some early T-virus monstrosities and you have the making of a terrifying survival horror game. That is where I want the series to go.
Neat idea, except the T-Virus wasn't discovered until 1978 by James Marcus alone with his leeches (as shown in RE0).

"Now I'm the best at whatever it is Wolverine does!"
-Deadpool

Old 02-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #527
Benstamania
Shot first.

I absolutely love the era... I often watch Band of Brothers and the Pacific.. WWII is just fascinating to me.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:27 AM   #528
zenith16
Side-Kick

Capcom Revise Resident Evil 6 Forecast Again, Now Down To 5 Million. February 4, 2013 . 1:13am

Capcom’s expectations for Resident Evil 6 have taken another hit.

source:Siliconera

Old 02-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #529
Terror Inc.
Side-Kick

You know, I've finally come to the realization that I'm too much a fan of the old school Resident Evil to have any more hope in this franchise. I've bought every numbered RE, (0-5) and I'm kinda sad to say I wont be getting this. 4 was acceptible, 5 is where it lost me. I came to the conclusion that there are two distinct eras of the saga. 0-3 being the old one, with 4-6 for the new one. I miss the claustrophobic, atmospheric, style of the old RE titles. Where you had to use your brain to solve puzzles, conserve ammo to survive, and the only goal was to make it out alive. This new era is all about body count, non-stop action, and not really having to use a brain at all. It saddens me that I'm retiring from one of my all-time favorite franchises, but alas, all good things must come to an end. So have fun, new age gamers, this old-school gamer is riding off into the sunset to dust off his gamecube.

Old 02-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #530
Havok83
Side-Kick

Don't forget CV! Please tell me you've played it

Old 02-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #531
Terror Inc.
Side-Kick

Oh I own that one too, guess I was too caught up in my earth shattering decision to give up on a beloved franchise to include it..hell I still own RE: Survivor for Playstation. I've played em all, I just can't get into this new era of "shoot em up" RE titles.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #532
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terror Inc. View Post
You know, I've finally come to the realization that I'm too much a fan of the old school Resident Evil to have any more hope in this franchise. I've bought every numbered RE, (0-5) and I'm kinda sad to say I wont be getting this. 4 was acceptible, 5 is where it lost me. I came to the conclusion that there are two distinct eras of the saga. 0-3 being the old one, with 4-6 for the new one. I miss the claustrophobic, atmospheric, style of the old RE titles. Where you had to use your brain to solve puzzles, conserve ammo to survive, and the only goal was to make it out alive. This new era is all about body count, non-stop action, and not really having to use a brain at all. It saddens me that I'm retiring from one of my all-time favorite franchises, but alas, all good things must come to an end. So have fun, new age gamers, this old-school gamer is riding off into the sunset to dust off his gamecube.
I think most RE fans feel that way. Hell the only reason iv hung on to my GameCube is because of that REmake. That game is one of my favs of all time.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #533
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Okay, I'm through Leon's first chapter. It actually does feel like classic survival horror. Scary, tight atmospheres. Low ammo. It is almost like what RE2 would be if made today.

So far, RE6 is almost like a bipolar gaming experience. There are times when it is fantastic and times when it is far from it. Plus every character plays so differently. Chris is like a COD knock-off. Leon's is class survival horror. Jake and Ada's are almost pseudo-Uncharted, trying to make huge action set pieces, but Capcom isn't nearly as good at it as Naughty Dog, so instead they just feel frustrating (I wanted to break my controller during the escape from the sub).

I dunno, it is still fun....but they definitely need to streamline.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #534
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Okay, I'm through Leon's first chapter. It actually does feel like classic survival horror. Scary, tight atmospheres. Low ammo. It is almost like what RE2 would be if made today.

So far, RE6 is almost like a bipolar gaming experience. There are times when it is fantastic and times when it is far from it.
Couldn't agree more. I, for the most part, really enjoyed Leons campaign but havent cared much for Chris's and have DESPISED Ada's so far. Havent played Jakes yet.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #535
Matt Mortem
Perpetual Screwup

Leon's campaign was the only decent part about RE6 IMHO. Everything else was garbage.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #536
Spider-Aziz
Supa-Pizza

So Leon had the best luck in gameplay in the new direction that started with RE4?
What's the idea of not keeping all atmospheres consistent? And what's the later scenario when all characters meet atmosphere like?

I am No. 14: Supa-Pizza
Old 02-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #537
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terror Inc. View Post
I despise the older RE games because the tank controls are antiquated and make it unplayable for me. I thought RE4 was perfect and pretty much was exactly as you described other than having to conserve ammo (which I always did anyway). I think the over-the-shoulder, third-person perspective is the way to go, but you can still have everything else (the atmosphere, puzzles, etc) from the old games that made them great.

Just remake/reboot RE1, give it the controls and camera of RE4, bring back everything else from the original. One difference I would make would be saving. No typewriter ribbon from the originals (it's an outdated mechanic) but make save locations only usable once and no checkpoints (maybe with the exception of boss battles).

Old 02-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #538
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

I can understand why you would want that (on the saving/checkpoints issue) but at this age I just HATE games where you can't leave within 15/20 minutes if needed for eg to help your family out with something or to play a co-op or multiplayer game with your friends when they get on. My style on RE games is painfully slow as well so if I've made a lot of progress without hitting a checkpoint I don't want to be forced to use up one of a limited number of save locations just because I need to go and do something. This is the main reason I had to give up playing Gears Horde as it's just too much of a time commitment. I play for a few hours nearly every day but don't like being tied to the console all the time.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #539
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Then include a quick save feature like in New Super Mario Bros. Wii/U. You can save the game with the quick save. You can resume from that point but can't quick save again until you've saved at an actual save point.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #540
Havok83
Side-Kick

RE6 is $20 at BB next week. How is it for trophies? Think I might finally pick it up

Old 02-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #541
Spider-Aziz
Supa-Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
RE6 is $20 at BB next week. How is it for trophies? Think I might finally pick it up
BB got me thinking BlackBerry first, Best Buy second

Old 02-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #542
zenith16
Side-Kick

Sorry, No Co-Op For Resident Evil Revelations’ Main Campaign On PC And Consoles. February 8, 2013 . 8:30am

While Raid Mode is still playable in co-op, unfortunately, Capcom will not be adding a co-op feature to Resident Evil: Revelations’ single-player campaign.

Resident Evil 6 “Unable To Sufficiently Appeal To Users” Say Capcom. February 8, 2013 . 10:00am

Capcom gave an official response regarding why Resident Evil 6 sales have been lower than expected at a recent earnings Q&A.

source: Siliconera

Old 02-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #543
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

''Unfortunately''?
I'm glad there will be no co-op. That's how I like my RE. This will probably be my RE6.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #544
zenith16
Side-Kick

I'm happy that made your day then. but I always felt and said it on the forum enough times. co-op should be optional and not forced.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #545
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

looking forward to Revelations on the PS3, but i'll wait until a huge price drop much like i did with Operation Raccoon City & RE 6. got them both for a grand total of $35

Old 02-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #546
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
''Unfortunately''?
I'm glad there will be no co-op. That's how I like my RE. This will probably be my RE6.
LOL..I was about to say, thats no big loss

Old 02-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #547
Nathan

Honestly, I'm bummed out by this. I was looking forward to playing this with a friend.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:28 AM   #548
Spider-Aziz
Supa-Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
I'm happy that made your day then. but I always felt and said it on the forum enough times. co-op should be optional and not forced.
I agree
I don't like playing Co-Op, but I'm not against it being there if not compulsury

Old 02-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #549
Donut
Side-Kick

Can we get 0 - 3 in HD on a non Nintendo Console already ?

Old 02-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #550
Spider-Aziz
Supa-Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
Can we get 0 - 3 in HD on a non Nintendo Console already ?
At least 0 and the REmake

Closed Thread