The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spidey-World

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
gzilla46
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Not telling.
Posts: 91
Default I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

I just need to get something off my chest that's bothering me. It's the hatred Ultimate Spiderman the show gets.

Initially, I didn't care, but now it's REALLY annoying. I mean, I can't go one Youtube video of the show without everyone S**tting on it.

And they obsess over how much better spectacular Spiderman was. While it was, I'm capable of enjoying Ultimate Spiderman for what it is. I mean, look, it's fine if a certain show isn't for you. But sometimes I see comments bashing other users just because they like the USM show.

They pick out tiny things, like Spidey's 4th wall jokes. I actually found a few of them funny, like there was one in the recent Lizard episode where The Lizard was chasing Spidey in an 80's arcade game style.. There's also them getting mad at Venom saying "I" instead of "we". Look, didn't Venom say I in the Ultimate comics and video game. Do your research.

I'm not saying you have to like it, but you can't just plague the comments on Youtube with hate comments. Just don't watch them if you don't like it and let people that do like it enjoy them.

Overall, I feel Spiderman fans are as bad as Looney Tunes fans that complain about The Looney Tunes Show on Cartoon Network (another good show IMO).


And that's my rant. Did that get through to the haters?

gzilla46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 13,694
Default Re: I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

But it's such a bad show. And we had such a great show. The best, in fact.

So no, sorry it is a terrible show. And it deserves all the hate it gets. And then some.

Thundercrack85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #3
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

It's a terrible, horrible, bad show compounded by the fact it replaced of a great show. So yes, people are going to go on the internet and complain about it. If you don't like it don't read the comments and threads.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip
 
Spider-Fan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,780
Default Re: I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

the hate for this show isn't nearly as strong as people like to make it seem, and the majority of those who do complain about, still watch it anyway

its kind of a guilty pleasure show for lot of people (which its sad, that they can't admit to watching and enjoying it on some level)

I mean, in a world where grown men openly admit to watching my little pony, is it really that hard to say you actually watch Ultimate Spiderman lol

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
gzilla46
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Not telling.
Posts: 91
Default Re: I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
the hate for this show isn't nearly as strong as people like to make it seem, and the majority of those who do complain about, still watch it anyway

its kind of a guilty pleasure show for lot of people (which its sad, that they can't admit to watching and enjoying it on some level)

I mean, in a world where grown men openly admit to watching my little pony, is it really that hard to say you actually watch Ultimate Spiderman lol
Same thing with The Looney Tunes Show, as mentioned earlier

gzilla46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #6
darthcoolness3
Side-Kick
 
darthcoolness3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 339
Default Re: I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

Yeah, it's no use hating on it because they are probably producing season 3 of Ultimate Spider-Man right now and hate won't make it go away so stop hating because were not getting another Spider-Man cartoon until 2015 or 2019.

darthcoolness3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #7
Mistah K88
Side-Kick
 
Mistah K88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 611
Default Re: I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

I would call the hate that Ultimate Spider-Man gets a "The Batman" effect. This is when a mediocre and more toyetic super hero cartoon replaces the superhero cartoon that was crafted by the gods themselves and therefore gets a lot of unjust hatred simply because it stands for the thing everyone hates... the replacement that killed a GREAT show. Now, the Batman did indeed get better later on, when people accepted it for what it was and the fact that it wasn't BTAS. However...this show is...preeetty bad, and because of the mindset behind it, I don't see it getting any better. It REALLY doesn't help that the shows creators tend to become condescending toward fans of the character when the show is critcized.

I personally don't watch it and really just catch an episode when the synopsis sounds like something I want to see play out. Some people just can't not watch it because it's Spider-Man...and like a drug they keep going back to it even though they dislike it. Some, have a hope that the show will get better sooner or later...But yeah, seeing how we've all accepted Spectacular is not coming back, I'd say the hate is real.

Mistah K88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:27 AM   #8
Thor The Mighty
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 186
Default Re: I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

At first I was not into The Batman because I thought it was a step down from, BMTAS but I learned to like it in time. The Ultimate Spiderman is not just a step down from the previous show it's entire floor down and I rate The Batman a lot higher than Ultimate Spiderman. I could at least watch The Batman.

Thor The Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #9
OctoHaz
Doc Ock Fangirl
 
OctoHaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Octavia
Posts: 1,201
Default Re: I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

There comes a point where the constant stream of hatred over any one thing becomes tiresome. It's like with Twilight. I could not make it 15 pages in that series; I find the storyline and writing loathsome, but what annoys me more these days is the endless dead horse beating about it.

As for USM, I continue to prefer SSM by far, but my husband really enjoys USM and, after watching it and getting used to it, I'm okay with it. Mostly I've stopped griping endlessly about the stuff I don't like about it, because, again, it gets tiresome after a while. (Plus, it makes the spouse feel bad, and f--- that noise.)

Soapbox off.

__________________
Roomhates: A webcomic
Me @ deviantART
Doc Ock Fan Tumblr
OctoHaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:50 AM   #10
Rise_-
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 363
Default Re: I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Yeah I'm sure everyone's going to stop *****ing about it now.

Rise_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #11
THUNDERSTRIKE
COLBCHELLA, GODDAMMIT!
 
THUNDERSTRIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ah goes and beez... where the **** ah please...
Posts: 4,281
Default Re: I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
But it's such a bad show. And we had such a great show. The best, in fact.

So no, sorry it is a terrible show. And it deserves all the hate it gets. And then some.

from one THUNDER to another...

ALL of the above...

__________________

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnc Dee'Ya, the unstable B***hQueen, and
S'melya, her suckup, and Sleech, an ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

TYALYZE
THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #12
Spider-Aziz
I like Nachos
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 36,131
Default Re: I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

Since you mentioned youtube comments, don't read them, and don't comment on these videos
I'm watching season 1 again, and the first episode is quite solid, episode 2 is a little lesser, but solid. Most of the rest is mediocre, some episodes deserve a higher degree of respect than others, but still...not a good show

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
We're abusing our acronym privileges...

"I Never Apologize."
Want to choose me as "Villain of 2014"?
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #13
gzilla46
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Not telling.
Posts: 91
Default Re: I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

Sorry if I offended anyone. It feels like at times that I'm the only person on the entire planet that likes this show. A guilty pleasure if you will. I mean, Drake Bell can play a teen pretty well. Didn't you see Drake and Josh? So, what's to stop him from being a decent Spiderman.

Plus, I think it's got some original ideas going for it, like Harry being Venom. I mean, in the Ultimate Spiderman video game, Peter was Carnage, but no one complained about that.

gzilla46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #14
Coffee
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 17
Default Re: I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzilla46 View Post
Sorry if I offended anyone. It feels like at times that I'm the only person on the entire planet that likes this show. A guilty pleasure if you will. I mean, Drake Bell can play a teen pretty well. Didn't you see Drake and Josh? So, what's to stop him from being a decent Spiderman.

Plus, I think it's got some original ideas going for it, like Harry being Venom. I mean, in the Ultimate Spiderman video game, Peter was Carnage, but no one complained about that.
I think many people do like the show, BUT it is more of acquired taste & isn't as mainstream as pretty much all the Spider-man animated series before it.

The comedy & lackadaisical tone are enough to turn off any serious Spidey fan, plus the fact that it replaced a critical & fan favorite, doesn't help it's case at all.

I watched the first season of this online (before I watched spectacular) & it was jarring for me, but I'm like "it is what it is".......

I see & know what they are going for & technically, they succeed at it (however I don't think it's what the majority of Spidey fans want)

With that said, the animation is good, the voice acting is good (for the particular characterizations they're going for), character designs are solid.

It's the tonal issues that seem to annoy people the most.....If for whatever reason, they dropped the tongue in cheek humor, the 4th wall breaking & got all serious........I can see this winning over ALOT of people (even with the crossovers & heavy shield influence)

Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:26 AM   #15
Spiderine
Business as Usual
 
Spiderine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In My Office
Posts: 3,479
Default Re: I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about the show. People have some legitimate complaints about the show including myself. I will say that these recent episodes I have seen some improvement with issues I had.

Spiderine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #16
SonicWarrior
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Station Square
Posts: 191
Default Re: I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzilla46 View Post
I just need to get something off my chest that's bothering me. It's the hatred Ultimate Spiderman the show gets.

Initially, I didn't care, but now it's REALLY annoying. I mean, I can't go one Youtube video of the show without everyone S**tting on it.

And they obsess over how much better spectacular Spiderman was. While it was, I'm capable of enjoying Ultimate Spiderman for what it is. I mean, look, it's fine if a certain show isn't for you. But sometimes I see comments bashing other users just because they like the USM show.

They pick out tiny things, like Spidey's 4th wall jokes. I actually found a few of them funny, like there was one in the recent Lizard episode where The Lizard was chasing Spidey in an 80's arcade game style.. There's also them getting mad at Venom saying "I" instead of "we". Look, didn't Venom say I in the Ultimate comics and video game. Do your research.

I'm not saying you have to like it, but you can't just plague the comments on Youtube with hate comments. *Just don't watch them if you don't like it and let people that do like it enjoy them.

Overall, I feel Spiderman fans are as bad as Looney Tunes fans that complain about The Looney Tunes Show on Cartoon Network (another good show IMO).

And that's my rant. Did that get through to the haters?
So let me get this straight, because you like this show, and tons of other people don't, none of them deserve to think differently? That's incredibly stupid...

So people like one show, it get's cancelled, they get angry, and an inferior one comes in as it's so-called "replacement"... People aren't allowed to get angry? Also, puny things!? Those are legitamate complaints. People hate them because right in the middle of any action that may occur in the show, it cuts to some Teen Titans styled chibi 4th wall breaking bs, that breaks the flow of the show and just aren't funny at all.... Just because you don't mind it, doesn't mean it shouldn't be considered a problem for others.

(Responding to *) Ohhhh, I just love when people pull that card... First of all, since when was Spider-Man exclusive to the people who like this cartoon? We should just back off since you like it, and that's all you care about? Forget that! Spectacular Spider-Man was a cartoon that appealed to everyone, which is why there was barely any complaints about the show throughout. Which is why this show has haters, it doesn't appeal to everyone. Telling us to screw off because we don't like it is some complacent bull*****.

Overall, I think guys like you who are a fan of this show are all the same. Completely narcissistic and overly touchy. (Nice comparision by the way.. you know, between a slapstick cartoon like Looney Tunes and Spider-Man... perfect comparision indeed... -___-) And no, it didn't... it just made your arguement in several ways less affective and weak.

SonicWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #17
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,999
Default Re: I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

Sooo... this still hasn't been canceled yet? Bummer.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #18
ericadawn16
Side-Kick
 
ericadawn16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 511
Default Re: I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

It's fine to not like a show but when you go to every single thread and youtube and internet page telling others how you hate it...it becomes trolling and really annoying to those of us who do like it. For you to have our respect, we'd also like respect that people have different tastes in shows and films. I enjoy USM especially the sarcastic humor, the minorities involved, the depth to Aunt May and additional use of Coulson.

This does not make me a moron. Please do not treat us as such even if we are a minority.

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:10 AM   #19
Spider-Aziz
I like Nachos
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 36,131
Default Re: I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Sooo... this still hasn't been canceled yet? Bummer.
Based on Quesada and Loeb words, it has enough rating to warrant its stay on the air

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
We're abusing our acronym privileges...

"I Never Apologize."
Want to choose me as "Villain of 2014"?
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #20
zeptron
Side-Kick
 
zeptron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,273
Default Re: I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicWarrior View Post
So people like one show, it get's cancelled, they get angry, and an inferior one comes in as it's so-called "replacement"... People aren't allowed to get angry? Also, puny things!? Those are legitamate complaints. People hate them because right in the middle of any action that may occur in the show, it cuts to some Teen Titans styled chibi 4th wall breaking bs, that breaks the flow of the show and just aren't funny at all.... Just because you don't mind it, doesn't mean it shouldn't be considered a problem for others.

Not to mention Peter in Spectacular was likeable whereas in Ultimate he's an irresponsible moron.

zeptron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #21
Pepsiguy2
Snyder Worshipper
 
Pepsiguy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 660
Default Re: I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

I LOVE THIS SHOW MORE THAN SPECTACULAR AND THE 90s SERIES.

*drops mic while shouting PIPEBOMB*

No seriously, I do. I never got into Spectacular. This show is miles better IMO. A lot of good stuff here.

Pepsiguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #22
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!
 
jonathancrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Caverns in Arkham Island
Posts: 6,819
Default Re: I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

I'm tired of people being tired of the Ultimate Spider-Man hate.

In all seriousness, the quality of the animation is good, and Bell is fine; my complaint was with the dialogue and gags; if those were deleted, the stories themselves would be not too bad (I speak from watching the first few episodes.)

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Aaron
"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #23
SonicWarrior
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Station Square
Posts: 191
Default Re: I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeptron View Post
Not to mention Peter in Spectacular was likeable whereas in Ultimate he's an irresponsible moron.
Yeah... What happened to "With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility" anyway? In this shows universe, did it have no meaning after the first episode..?

SonicWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #24
Doc Ock
1951-2014
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,501
Default Re: I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

I tried, TRIED so hard to enjoy the show. But I can't, the Teen Titans humor works...on Teen Titans. And here I thought with the likes of Spectacular, Wolvie and the X-Men, and EMH Marvel animation was on the rise to excellence...

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6.5/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #25
Sarcastic Fan
Side-Kick
 
Sarcastic Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 753
Default Re: I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiguy2 View Post
I LOVE THIS SHOW MORE THAN SPECTACULAR AND THE 90s SERIES.

*drops mic while shouting PIPEBOMB*

No seriously, I do. I never got into Spectacular. This show is miles better IMO. A lot of good stuff here.
So you enjoy crayons more than oil paintings?

Spectacular Spider-Man had a bucket load of this:



While Ultimate is full of this:


Sarcastic Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.