The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spidey-World

Old 01-31-2013, 08:44 PM   #1
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Default Would someone like to explain why Disney hasn't released TAS?!

They've released the entirety of X-Men TAS on DVD, and yet we've seen nothing of Spider-Man TAS. Releasing it last year around the time of TASM would've been smart, but we still got nothing.

What's the deal here?

By 2016, Batman will have appeared in three big-screen films since 2008. By 2016, Iron Man will have appeared in six films in the same amount of time. Find new s*** to diagnose the current state of cinema with.

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Default Re: Would someone like to explain why Disney hasn't released TAS?!

They have them in separate seasons. I just suppose it wasn't all that popular since it was loosely based on the continuity of the first film, but didn't seem canon in the second and third.

Wadaltmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:15 AM   #3
Oflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadaltmon View Post
They have them in separate seasons. I just suppose it wasn't all that popular since it was loosely based on the continuity of the first film, but didn't seem canon in the second and third.
I think Sawyer is talking about the 1990s animated series, not the cgi series that was meant to be set in the first film's continuity (though I think the 90s show was loosely within the continuity of an unproduced film).

And to answer the question, I don't know. They're are a few DVDs with a couple of random episodes, but there of little interest. I guess they just don't think it would make much money.

Oflick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:44 AM   #4
Mr. Dent
Banned User

IIRC there's some legal issues going with who owns the rights to the home media releases in Region 1 I believe. In any case, you can order the Region 2 DVDs which are just as good as anything we're ever going to get over here short of a BD re-release.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote