3 - 3.5 1 0.69%
2 - 2.5 1 0.69%
1 - 1.5 5 3.45%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #151
Kreative T
Banned User

Default Re: *Update* Your Rating for TASM

Tasm was the best spidey movie as far as acting,realism tone I think it is the best template a comic book movie can have

But saimi rami got the superhero blockbuster feel right, even though it was campy too me.

I think Tasm 2 will get the superhero blockbuster feel right with great tone, acting ,chtacterazation, story and action.

Kreative T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:01 AM   #152
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
In my interpretation of the scene, Peter gets that emotional/mental lift from seeing the father helping him and also getting that reinvigorated rush from swinging on the cranes which then gives him the edge that he needed to push thru the pain. I understand that you don't see it that way however that's what stuck for me. I can also see how by not understanding that, you'd think the scene was there for just 'shock and awe.' And although it did have that type of effect, the visual beauty of the swinging by itself, there was still a very sincere purpose subtly presented in a way that made the scene work so well.
Glad some people see beauty in the scene

I'm sure I could have had some resonation to it as well if I really enjoyed the film as a whole, but certain things just pop out differently when you don't enjoy the film as a whole I guess, lol. I mean, I have a mindset on certain scenes in TDKR even that someone who doesn't like the film would disagree with.

Quote:
IMO I still don't think he even reached his peak by the end of the movie. I'm sure his speed may be at it's fullest however I'm referring to his overall control and mastery of his skill base. It's one thing to be incredibly fast, yet it's another to have use of that speed and be finely tuned. I'm not sure his durability will improve to be honest. I've no idea how it could. He did take a pretty severe amount of punishment in the span of about 24 hours. He still seems fairly durable though based on what he was dealt...like I said though, I prefer him to actually take some damage rather than be a cartoon.
He sure has a mastery of his agility and speed during that one scene against the SWAT team, though. With that in mind, it's a bit puzzling that his durability hasn't reached its peak yet to match his more superior speed and agility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreative T View Post
Tasm was the best spidey movie as far as acting,realism tone I think it is the best template a comic book movie can have
How so?

Acting, which I assume you would include casting as well could go far as back as Superman: The Movie with its stellar cast and great acting. And the realism tone...it wasn't as 'real' or even as grounded as Raimi's trilogy I say. Starting right off with the Lizard doesn't show me that it has a realistic or grounded tone at all.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:39 AM   #153
Kreative T
Banned User

Superman 78 tone and Tasm tone I like, Sam raimi's triliogy felt like Dick tracy to me. It was a caricuture of the comic book and JJJ performance was a caricuture too me.

Superman 78 being the best of the group. I didn't like the first spiderman, some people were sleeping in the theate when i was watching it. It was campy and boring and skow. If TASM cane out in 2002, they would have worshipped it. They would still hav problems with it (Probably having too much chtacterazatiom, not enough action and Lizard being in it and not GG) Other than that. Real webshooters, not organic, sense of humor ,they have the most accurate spidey to date.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #154
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I'm sure I could have had some resonation to it as well if I really enjoyed the film as a whole, but certain things just pop out differently when you don't enjoy the film as a whole I guess, lol. I mean, I have a mindset on certain scenes in TDKR even that someone who doesn't like the film would disagree with.
Totally agree on that point. If your head and heart are not into the movie, things will def not resonate with you in the same way.

Quote:
He sure has a mastery of his agility and speed during that one scene against the SWAT team, though. With that in mind, it's a bit puzzling that his durability hasn't reached its peak yet to match his more superior speed and agility.
I can agree that he was on top of his game against the SWAT team however I think that was only the peak of what he was capable of at that point in time. With how Webb has expressed how Peter will be a "virtuoso" in the sequel, I would expect to see an even greater amount of skill presented during combat sequences. Maybe his durability will improve a bit in the sequel as well, who knows.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #155
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Superman 78 tone and Tasm tone I like, Sam raimi's triliogy felt like Dick tracy to me. It was a caricuture of the comic book and JJJ performance was a caricuture too me.
Superman: The Movie and TAS-M have very different tones though, and you can see the major differences, and Raimi's Spider-Man was greatly inspired by Superman as well, so I actually could see why more people would like Spider-Man 1 more with the feeling it has. TAS-M honestly just feels like a film "in the now" that would only garner a specific audience and not have a timeless feeling, but that's just me, lol.

Quote:
Superman 78 being the best of the group. I didn't like the first spiderman, some people were sleeping in the theate when i was watching it. It was campy and boring and skow. If TASM cane out in 2002, they would have worshipped it. They would still hav problems with it (Probably having too much chtacterazatiom, not enough action and Lizard being in it and not GG) Other than that. Real webshooters, not organic, sense of humor ,they have the most accurate spidey to date.
I don't think I can recall anyone sleeping when I saw Spider-Man in the theatres, but I sure do remember myself almost falling asleep when watching TAS-M. But again, I feel that each movie garners a different audience. It could very well be a generation thing as TAS-M plays itself with the "in the now" with the lingo, the technology, etc. And that could also be a part of the film's downfall as well as I mentioned as I have never seen a CBM that tried so much to reach a specific audience.

I don't see how Lizard being the villain and not GG would be a problem. I feel that was the '02 film's downfall with using the hero's main villain in the origin film.

And if you think about it...the webbing is still considered organic, lol, so Webb doesn't win that one; only that his Peter has webshooters. And I don't see the sense of humor. There is only one quip that I actually thought was funny and it's during that infamous car thief scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Totally agree on that point. If your head and heart are not into the movie, things will def not resonate with you in the same way.
Agree. I bet someone who even liked Spider-Man 3 can make an argument about how some scenes worked.

Quote:
I can agree that he was on top of his game against the SWAT team however I think that was only the peak of what he was capable of at that point in time. With how Webb has expressed how Peter will be a "virtuoso" in the sequel, I would expect to see an even greater amount of skill presented during combat sequences. Maybe his durability will improve a bit in the sequel as well, who knows.
I always thought "virtuoso" meant just Spidey honing his abilities and them not having really grown any more since I felt his powers did grow; but at least in the sequel, he will actually be more durable, I hope, lol.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #156
Kreative T
Banned User

You liked raimi, I liked Webb's we will keep it at that.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #157
AF3619
WOOO!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 02-03-2013, 02:35 AM   #158
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Superman 78 tone and Tasm tone I like, Sam raimi's triliogy felt like Dick tracy to me. It was a caricuture of the comic book and JJJ performance was a caricuture to me.
If JJJ was a caricature...what did you think of Flash in ASM?

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #159
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Flash in ASM was a huge improvement from the Raimi one. THAT was a generic high school bully. At least the one in TASM had some kind of character development.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #160
TheSpectacular
Christian and proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post

Guardians of the Galaxy- 4/10
TheSpectacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #161
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post
Both sounds good...

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 02-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #162
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Flash in ASM was a huge improvement from the Raimi one. THAT was a generic high school bully. At least the one in TASM had some kind of character development.
What does development have anything to do with not being a caricature? Flash is a generic bully first and foremost so I don't know how that is a dig against Raimi. He's the jock that likes to bully the nerd...generic. Secondly, who gives a dump if Flash Thompson got more screen time in ASM than he did in SM1? Do people honestly care about a third tier character that has no weight in the story or the plot of either film? All of Flash's scenes in ASM were caricatures. That lunch scene was the worst scene of any scenes of any Flash Thompson ever. Apparently they go to Midtown Bully High where only three people in that entire school aren't rage monster bullies foaming at the mouth.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 02-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #163
TheForgotten
Side-Kick

Oh yes, why should we care about the character who turns into one of Peter Parker's best friends, grows out of the generic bully character, (like in Webb's film), and then later down the road becomes the new Venom?

TheForgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #164
chaseter
Bland User

Oh yes then we should care about every character ever. Webb better not let us down. That is a lot of characters.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #165
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Oh come on now chaseter haha!

Flash has always been a character that is more than just the stereotypical bully. Him being one of Spidey's biggest fans while not realising it's actually Peter is something very cool IMO, and later on he and Peter became friends. He is part of Peter's close life. I really like how Webb handled him even though it COULD be a little bit better.

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #166
Anno_Domini
Banned User

If people think Flash is such an important character, then I assume everyone(who thinks such) will be pissed or disappointed if Webb doesn't develop Flash even more in following sequels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Apparently they go to Midtown Bully High
That should really be the name of the school when the real bullies seemingly never even get in trouble.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #167
TheForgotten
Side-Kick

I don't get it. So the discussion about the character of Flash just turned into a discussion of why we should care about every single character?

Flash is can be made into a very important character seeing how he is a supporting cast member that can be developed to be more than just a bully. Jesus I'm just saying Flash can be developed and used like in the comics no need to be sarcastic and dramatize the arguement.

TheForgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #168
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Somwhat unearned, if you ask me (I know you didn't, lol). How and why such a sociopath could bring himself to try to comfort someone he has nothing but contempt for is beyond me. It's like two halves of two different fruits, and they don't add up into the character the movie is asking me to accept as "Flash, the bully turned friend". To me he was "Flash, the bully abducted by aliens and swapped for a completely different person."

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Nemeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:59 AM   #169
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
If people think Flash is such an important character, then I assume everyone(who thinks such) will be pissed or disappointed if Webb doesn't develop Flash even more in following sequels?

That should really be the name of the school when the real bullies seemingly never even get in trouble.
People want every character developed...

I really don't care if they don't delve into Flash. He's a third tier character. He won't be missed. I would rather that time be spent on more important characters or else we will have SM3 all over again. This movie has 2 villains, MJ, Gwen, Harry, an unknown third girl, Norman possibly...and people want more Flash? Meh.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #170
Oscorp
Side-Kick

It's not just Flash alone that it is about though. It's about developing the life in high school for Peter. Flash might be a future friend of his as well, like in the comics.

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #171
Picard Sisko

Quote:
What does development have anything to do with not being a caricature? Flash is a generic bully first and foremost so I don't know how that is a dig against Raimi. He's the jock that likes to bully the nerd...generic. Secondly, who gives a dump if Flash Thompson got more screen time in ASM than he did in SM1? Do people honestly care about a third tier character that has no weight in the story or the plot of either film? All of Flash's scenes in ASM were caricatures. That lunch scene was the worst scene of any scenes of any Flash Thompson ever. Apparently they go to Midtown Bully High where only three people in that entire school aren't rage monster bullies foaming at the mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
Somwhat unearned, if you ask me (I know you didn't, lol). How and why such a sociopath could bring himself to try to comfort someone he has nothing but contempt for is beyond me. It's like two halves of two different fruits, and they don't add up into the character the movie is asking me to accept as "Flash, the bully turned friend". To me he was "Flash, the bully abducted by aliens and swapped for a completely different person."
I think the fact that Peter's Uncle was just killed woke him up. The guy he has been bullying all these years just lost a relative and he felt bad about it. Inside, he isn't really that bad of a guy. In fact, most bullies are insecure about themselves and take it out on other people to make themselves feel better. I think the friendship is earned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
It's not just Flash alone that it is about though. It's about developing the life in high school for Peter. Flash might be a future friend of his as well, like in the comics.
Thank you.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:31 AM   #172
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Peter Parker was a senior in this past movie. Little late to be developing his life in High School. More interesting stuff happens when he goes to college anyways.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:04 AM   #173
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

I hope that Flash goes to the same college (football/basketball scholarship or whatever)

TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #174
kedrell
PopularisCulturaFanaticus

Back to the thread topic: 1st viewing I gave TASM an 8/10. Most recent viewing it's dropped to a 7.5/10 for me. Still better than any of the Raimi stuff and blessedly free of that ever so annoying cheese that made me want to punch babies and kick puppies.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:04 AM   #175
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Peter Parker was a senior in this past movie. Little late to be developing his life in High School. More interesting stuff happens when he goes to college anyways.
High School was a big part of Spider-Man's life, and it looks like he will still be a student in Midtown High in TASM2. Its not too late to develop his "high school life," because someone like Flash was still his friend years after graduating.