The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #576
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

More description on Kurse from AAA!
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2013/...o-the-head/#/0

Quote:
Still, Akinnuoye-Agbaje says he never approaches antihero parts with anything other than the characters’ internal compass points in mind.

“If you step into it thinking you’re playing a ‘baddie,’ it becomes caricature,” he said. “What I’ve always tried to do is show the human side: what’s flawed.”
Quote:
Akinnuoye-Agbaje often had to pull double duty as both characters in a single day – each characterization requiring around three hours in the makeup chair. And then there was the actor’s encasement in heavy-duty prosthetic padding to portray Kurse.

“The outfit weighed about 40 pounds. I’m sure there will be a certain amount of CGI but a good 80% was me in that suit,” said Akinnuoye-Agbaje. “The outfit informed how I was going to move – the horns – his fighting style as well. It’s almost like he’s made out of stone.”

Reluctant to reveal too much about “Thor: The Dark World” too early, the actor nonetheless shed a few rays of light on what fans can expect of Kurse.

“It’s an amalgamation of a bull and a lava-like creature,” he said. “He has very animalistic tendencies but with this insatiable and unstoppable power. As an actor, that’s one of the hardest things to embody. You have to realize you are probably the most powerful thing you could imagine. And you have to be that. You can’t pretend, so that when you face Thor, it’s real.”
I would say his use of the word "bull" in the description means that the horns are indeed a part of him and not just a helmet, btw.

Last edited by elizah72; 02-02-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #577
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

The more I hear about Kurse, the more excited I get about it.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #578
American Maid
Side-Kick

Lava-creature! Wow!!

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 02-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #579
elizah72
Side-Kick

This description also makes me think that Surtur appearing (at least in Thor 2) is very unlikely, because they would look so similar, a little too similar even though Kurse is likely to be much smaller.

Wouldn't you say?

Old 02-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #580
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

These parts stood out to me.

Quote:
Still, Akinnuoye-Agbaje says he never approaches antihero parts with anything other than the characters’ internal compass points in mind.
This must mean that Kurse does turn on Malekith towards the end. lol

Quote:
“The outfit weighed about 40 pounds. I’m sure there will be a certain amount of CGI but a good 80% was me in that suit,” said Akinnuoye-Agbaje. “The outfit informed how I was going to move – the horns – his fighting style as well. It’s almost like he’s made out of stone.
Sounds like he's look like he's made up of solid stone like organic armor.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 02-02-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #581
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
This description also makes me think that Surtur appearing (at least in Thor 2) is very unlikely, because they would look so similar, a little too similar even though Kurse is likely to be much smaller.

Wouldn't you say?
Depends on what a "lava creature" is.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 02-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #582
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

So he's partly cgi. Imteresting

Old 02-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #583
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:

Wouldn't you say?
Well, we need to see some fire demons before concluding they're similar.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #584
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

I'm wondering if 'lava creature' doesnt refer to the colour scheme? I'm looking at Walt Simonson's Kurse right now and I see reds and oranges - with that costume envisioned Hollywood style it's conceivable that it could resemble lava in colour.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #585
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

Wouldn't you say?
Au contraire. I'd say it makes Surtur even *more* likely to be the uber "benefactor" (to replace comic-book Beyonder) who turns Algrim into Kurse. Makes sense that the king of the fire demons would infuse him with something like lava-esque armor plating.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #586
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Au contraire. I'd say it makes Surtur even *more* likely to be the uber "benefactor" (to replace comic-book Beyonder) who turns Algrim into Kurse. Makes sense that the king of the fire demons would infuse him with something like lava-esque armor plating.
that occurred to me after I posted that, yes, but I thought I'd let other people reply and see what they thought. Yes, it's possible he makes Kurse in his own form, sort of...

Old 02-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #587
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Bull + lava-creature... sounds a bit like a balrog.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #588
sabetoonth
Who?

Balrog had ram horns

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 02-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #589
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

You know now that you have me thinking of LOTR Anthony Hopkins would have made a good Gandalf if Ian McKellan didn't take the role.

- All I ask for is all that I already have.

- I bear no responsibility towards those who are the architects of their own problems. This is exactly what they've asked their willingly chosen slave drivers for...drama. So leave me out of it.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #590
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
That happens to be a great idea.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:21 PM   #591
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
More description on Kurse from AAA!
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2013/...o-the-head/#/0

I would say his use of the word "bull" in the description means that the horns are indeed a part of him and not just a helmet, btw.
hmm, so its organic after all it seems like.

Quote:

Wouldn't you say?
Just the opposite. Kurse is generally enchanted armor. However, he is a bull/lava creature? I think Surtur will merely be a presence in this movie, but based on this, I think the chances of Surtur being the one to change him into Kurse just skyrocketed

Quote:
yup, this

Quote:
that occurred to me after I posted that, yes, but I thought I'd let other people reply and see what they thought. Yes, it's possible he makes Kurse in his own form, sort of...
Seems likely actually, I would say

Old 02-02-2013, 10:26 PM   #592
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Kurse is generally enchanted armor. However, he is a bull/lava creature? I think Surtur will merely be a presence in this movie, but based on this, I think the chances of Surtur being the one to change him into Kurse just skyrocketed
I completely agree! (Dare I say, "bingo"?) Both on "who changes Kurse" and how much we'll see of Surtur in this film.

Now I *reeeeaally* want to see an image of Kurse, to see what a lava creature looks like!

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 02-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #593
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
I completely agree! (Dare I say, "bingo"?) Both on "who changes Kurse" and how much we'll see of Surtur in this film.

Now I *reeeeaally* want to see an image of Kurse, to see what a lava creature looks like!
From your avatr, I can see you're really warming up to the idea.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #594
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnbjorn View Post
From your avatr, I can see you're really warming up to the idea.
Yup! The time had come.

Before I just had this micro-avatar, and Surtur didn't look like a threat to anybody in an image that small. Now at least you can tell who it is!

Old 02-02-2013, 11:00 PM   #595
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
Balrog had ram horns
Bull, ram, whatevs.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:13 AM   #596
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Yup! The time had come.

Before I just had this micro-avatar, and Surtur didn't look like a threat to anybody in an image that small. Now at least you can tell who it is!
hhahaha yes!!! Surtur has grown on you huh? I can't wait to see Kurse though

Old 02-03-2013, 12:42 AM   #597
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I'm not to thrilled about Kurse looking like a "lava creature", I sure hope they release a photo of him soon.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 02-03-2013, 01:19 AM   #598
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I'm not to thrilled about Kurse looking like a "lava creature", I sure hope they release a photo of him soon.
I was indifferent. I would much prefer armor. But hopefully it looks okay. I feel like he will literally be a "dumb brute"..essentially an evil mcu hulk

Old 02-03-2013, 01:59 AM   #599
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I bet we get only get Algrim images/footage before the movie comes out, I can't really see them releasing Kurse footage/images before the release since he seems to be such a big factor in this storyline and they don't want the general public to know whats coming.. then again I could be 100% wrong lol. I personally don't want to see him until the film.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #600
elizah72
Side-Kick

Yeah, that's what would surprise me a bit about Surtur appearing too, since I'd think they'd save him for Ragnarok and Thor 3, and usually they like to hold back a "big reveal" because that's what'll bring people into the theaters. However, I suppose they could have him there but not really show him, and heighten the suspense/anticipating that way.

Closed Thread