The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spidey-World

Old 01-23-2013, 12:21 AM   #151
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Default Re: "The Spectacular Spider-Man" Appreciation Thread (possible spoilers)

I love this show,but I wish they:

-Made Fancy Dan Deadpool.
-Made Ox Juggernaut.
-Made Electro not have those tubes on the sides of his stomach.
-Made Tombstone Kingpin.
-Didn't make Molten Man being activated by a remote control,it should of been done by his own will.

-Made Kraven's lion form a better looking lion.

GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:50 AM   #152
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Default Re: "The Spectacular Spider-Man" Appreciation Thread (possible spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
-Didn't make Molten Man being activated by a remote control,it should of been done by his own will.
But then you lose most of the plot with him being easily controlled by the Green Goblin. Not to mention it makes him less of an Electro re-hash.

Also, the IMDb has the show scored at 7.7. A bit low, isn't it?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0976192/

I can say the biggest difference between this show [YOUNG JUSTICE] and "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" is showcased in one detail; this show expects their audience to know who H.G. Welles is, while "USM" assumes kids have never done anything but play video games in their room or watch MTV.
GamerSlyRatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:09 AM   #153
SymbioticToxin
Dominus of Megadeus

Quote:

-Made Ox Juggernaut.
-Made Tombstone Kingpin.

Deadpool is property of Fox, and Fancy Dan wasn't very Deadpool-like.

Ox didn't get his powers by a mystic gem.

The tubes on the suit were meant to help to contain the bio-electricity his body was giving off, while the suit insolated it to keep others safe from the discharge.

Kingpin was a property of Fox, like DP, and having Kingpin be the bigger bad for Spidey would feel too much for 90's TAS, which kinda defeats the purpose of a new series.

Like GSR said, it made Molten Man less of a re-hash of Electro, but it also made it more tragic that at any time he could transform and could possibly be stuck in that form.

It wasn't meant to be a lion form. It was a combination of multiple cats.

SymbioticToxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #154
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Last week I finished watching the show with my sister (she hadn't seen it) and it was still great. It is such a shame that the show didn't get renewed, I read about the reasons in the Greg Weisman interview, and it's just not fair. I guess it was the typical Parker Luck.

Still, so much happened on those two seasons, it is still my favorite interpretation of Spider-Man. It was fun, action-packed, and poignant at times. I'm still shocked by the way they handled the Green Goblin, it was like a schooling of red herrings! They managed to get so many things right. Also, they were setting up a great season 3 with Connors on Florida, and the mention of Mac Gargan.

Also, Doc Ock rocks!

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #155
Coffee
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticToxin View Post
Deadpool is property of Fox, and Fancy Dan wasn't very Deadpool-like.

Ox didn't get his powers by a mystic gem.

The tubes on the suit were meant to help to contain the bio-electricity his body was giving off, while the suit insolated it to keep others safe from the discharge.

Kingpin was a property of Fox, like DP, and having Kingpin be the bigger bad for Spidey would feel too much for 90's TAS, which kinda defeats the purpose of a new series.

Like GSR said, it made Molten Man less of a re-hash of Electro, but it also made it more tragic that at any time he could transform and could possibly be stuck in that form.

It wasn't meant to be a lion form. It was a combination of multiple cats.
Yeah, but it would have still been cool to have him make an appearance or something.

This series did a great job of incorporating gangsters & organized crime right besides the super villians, and William Fisk is a pretty big (no pun intended) Spidey villian.......so to have him eventually become involved would seem like a natural progression.

And Spectacular did things so differently than the 90's series, that I'm sure he wouldn't have been the same here, because I agree he was behind everything in that 90's show.....having him play a smaller part here could have worked.

Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #156
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

Quote:

-Made Ox Juggernaut.
-Made Tombstone Kingpin.
GSR explained why MM was the way he was done, so that is to be skipped

-About DP, I think there was a mention about making Spider-Man the only superhero in his world
-Juggernaut? Nah. Cowboy as Shocker works, but this guy probably won't be as good
-Electro needs those tubes
-Big man is a good change, the name Kingpin should stick to Fisk
-I don't see a point in a different design for Lion Kraven, he's fine the way he is

He looks like a spider, he looks like a bug
We should all give him one big hug
Look out, oo hoo
Here comes the Spider-Man
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #157
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
GSR explained why MM was the way he was done, so that is to be skipped

-About DP, I think there was a mention about making Spider-Man the only superhero in his world
Actually, Greg Weisman announced that TSSM took place at the beginning of the "Age of Heroes". He said the Fantastic Four, Ant-Man, and Hulk were the only active superheroes at the moment other than Spider-Man. He also said that Professor X just opened his mutant school with Cyclops and Beast as his first students. That was it though.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #158
Mr. Dent
Banned User

It would be awesome if someone made a Marvel cartoon that chronicled the beginning of the Marvel timeline. Unlike DC, it's pretty clear which heroes came first and how everything was set up.

-Begin with Namor attacking NY city
-Fantastic Four show up
-Hank invents Pym Particles
-Banner turns into Hulk
-Peter is bitten by the spider
-Charles opens his school
-Tony Stark is captured and becomes Iron Man
-Donald Blake finds Thor's hammer
-Nick Fury learns about his SHIELD initiative being created behind his back and becomes director
-Many separate adventures
-Loki attacks, Avengers Assemble
-Avengers find Cap

Closes we've come to this is Avengers EMH.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:01 AM   #159
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

And to think that Spider-Man on Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes was going to be voiced by Josh Keaton.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #160
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Actually, Greg Weisman announced that TSSM took place at the beginning of the "Age of Heroes". He said the Fantastic Four, Ant-Man, and Hulk were the only active superheroes at the moment other than Spider-Man. He also said that Professor X just opened his mutant school with Cyclops and Beast as his first students. That was it though.
Then if anyone was to make a guest appearance, I hope only the Fantastic Four did

He looks like a spider, he looks like a bug
We should all give him one big hug
Look out, oo hoo
Here comes the Spider-Man
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #161
Mrpaul
Spider-Sting

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Not sure if this was posted but it's pretty funny

Last edited by Mrpaul; 06-25-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Mrpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:09 PM   #162
Drakepool
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpaul View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PX8MOSAkLsI
That is awesome on so many levels.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #163
Arrowhead
Webhead

Miss this show

1. The Spectacular Spider-Man (TV) 2. Arrow (TV) 3. Batman: TAS (TV) 4. The Dark Knight 5. Batman Begins 6. The Wolverine 7. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 8. The Avengers 9. Spider-Man 2 10. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #164
zeptron
Side-Kick

Quote:
Lol.

zeptron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #165
dreammaster
Side-Kick

I loved The Spectacular Spider-Man as well I wish there was third season

dreammaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #166
SonicWarrior
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreammaster View Post
I loved The Spectacular Spider-Man as well I wish there was third season
I wish they would cancel Ultimate Spider-Man and have it come back.

SonicWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:10 PM   #167
Parquagh
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicWarrior View Post
I wish they would cancel Ultimate Spider-Man and have it come back.
^This. Spectacular Spider-Man, best spidey adaptation ever...

Parquagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #168
SpiderNerd2013

Best Spider-Man show hands down.

SpiderNerd2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #169
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Quote:
This is so good, I think I'll share it on Facebook.

Lunar_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #170
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

I wonder if it's possible for Greg Weisman, Josh Keaton, and others to come together and make a proper, "fan-made" ending, perhaps funded with Kickstarter or something. It wouldn't be produced under Marvel or Sony, it would just be made out of their passion for Spider-Man. Of course, making something like that with no "pay" on their end would be pointless, but if everyone was game, I'd love to see it happen.

Marvel Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #171
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

I've always wondered if they could at least all get back together to do a straight to dvd Spectacular Spider-man animated film? At least give us that!

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Venom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #172
SonicWarrior
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-Master View Post
I wonder if it's possible for Greg Weisman, Josh Keaton, and others to come together and make a proper, "fan-made" ending, perhaps funded with Kickstarter or something. It wouldn't be produced under Marvel or Sony, it would just be made out of their passion for Spider-Man. Of course, making something like that with no "pay" on their end would be pointless, but if everyone was game, I'd love to see it happen.
Eh... wouldn't be the same...
Maybe they should do the rest of the whole series online. Imagine how Ultimate Spider-Man's viewer ratings would shrink because of something like that. Lol.

SonicWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:11 AM   #173
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom75 View Post
I've always wondered if they could at least all get back together to do a straight to dvd Spectacular Spider-man animated film? At least give us that!
Sony would have to be interested, which from the looks of it, they're not.

Not to mention I can foresee Disney and Marvel giving them trouble about it. Though Sony owns the film rights (which include DTVs), Disney is hellbent on making USM Spidey their definitive animated version.

It would be the most realistic way to bring back the show, but again, it would be almost impossible.

I can say the biggest difference between this show [YOUNG JUSTICE] and "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" is showcased in one detail; this show expects their audience to know who H.G. Welles is, while "USM" assumes kids have never done anything but play video games in their room or watch MTV.
GamerSlyRatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #174
Mistah K88
Side-Kick

You know I was wondering about the rights to animated movies. Oddly, the show pretty much started off as DTV's with stuff cut in order to fill the television timeslot. Heck since a season took about 10 months, we'd get three DTV movies... This would be a spectacularly clever way for Sony to have their cake and eat it too... as well as dig into my wallet since I'd be pathetic enough to acctually buy them.

Is it going to happen? No, especially with how long it has been...

This is especially problematic because with the rights split up like that, DTV movies are not going to happen. You would think that Marvel's flagship character would get better treatment.

Mistah K88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:28 AM   #175
FVD
Jolly Loves You

I really miss TSSM!!! If the show could have gone for one more Season I would have been greatly satisfied. Not only could w have seen Hobgoblin, we could have also seen Scorpion, Carnage and the Spider Slayers along the way too. Plus if they went along with the Night Gwen Stacy Died arc not to mention her father's death, heck maybe 4 Seasons would have been great indeed!!!