The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2013, 11:29 PM   #101
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheungcheung View Post
Dazzler in an 80s first class movie would be funny
Somehow I think Singer's one of the only people who could adapt Dazzler into a film, take her somewhat seriously, and come away with some dignity intact...

Calling it: Ashley Benson, X-Men: Age of Apocalypse, 2016!

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
JackMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #102
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Pa

I thought Ashley Benson would be good as Polaris, but Dazzler's cool too.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #103
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

New photo! 65th Annual Directors Guild Of America Awards ;

Last edited by Alison Blaire; 02-03-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Alison Blaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #104
cheungcheung
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I think you are kinda stereotyping Dazzler if you think she should only appear or be introduced in the 70s. Her solo comic-book series was released in the 80s, her look in the comics evolved since then and there's a way to use her powers in the present/modern times.
i grew up playing the xmen arcade game lol

cheungcheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #105
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Well, considering the film takes place in 1973..
There's been an official date? I hadn't heard

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #106
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Look how giddy those two look, I think they both know they're both going to be on screen together.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #107
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I think Dazzler fits in the 70s/80s much better than in the future/present. Her whole deal is a disco queen, it would be a missed opportunity not to.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #108
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
I'm dying for Nightcrawler to come back. I'm sure Alan Cumming said he would love to do the role again but if he's too old for all the jumping around than Daniel Bruhl would do it really well. He's German and can give Nightcrawler that youthful vigour that makes him such a great character.

For me it was one of the most dissapointing things that we never saw Nightcrawler evolve his teleporting skills. He was excellent in the little bits we saw of him.
We did see him evolve his teleporting skills. He explained that he needed to see where he was teleporting before he could do it or he might end up in a wall. Storm got him to teleport blindly, relying solely on his faith and trust in her.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #109
Chip
Banned User

Quote:
I think you are kinda stereotyping Dazzler if you think she should only appear or be introduced in the 70s. Her solo comic-book series was released in the 80s, her look in the comics evolved since then and there's a way to use her powers in the present/modern times.
Dazzler in the 70s, 80s, or even in the "future" would work. Her look was totally adapted to the 80s, with a slightly punk vibe. She can totally pull off an 80s "street" look.

For contrast, I think her powers look best in a darkly lit, almost grimy, grungy scene. Like being attacked in an alley behind a nightclub. Remember that she's a pretty good fighter. Being attacked by street thugs, or Hellfire Club henchman in a dark alley where she can make use of her agility and use her light powers would be stunning against a Daft Punk type electronic soundtrack. Yea!

Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #110
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
There's been an official date? I hadn't heard
Yeah, a casting notice for extras said "The film mostly takes place in 1973".

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #111
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I think Dazzler fits in the 70s/80s much better than in the future/present. Her whole deal is a disco queen, it would be a missed opportunity not to.
imo she works just as well regardless of era. The disco thing is just trappings. It's like saying Luke Cage only works as a jive-talking hustler. That said I have nothing against Disco Dazz and if they use her I want to see roller skates.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion

Last edited by Whiskey Tango; 02-03-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #112
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
Dazzler in the 70s, 80s, or even in the "future" would work. Her look was totally adapted to the 80s, with a slightly punk vibe. She can totally pull off an 80s "street" look.

For contrast, I think her powers look best in a darkly lit, almost grimy, grungy scene. Like being attacked in an alley behind a nightclub. Remember that she's a pretty good fighter. Being attacked by street thugs, or Hellfire Club henchman in a dark alley where she can make use of her agility and use her light powers would be stunning against a Daft Punk type electronic soundtrack. Yea!
Yeah, while I think she could work in any decade, she definitly fits in with the 70s, 80s and modern EDM times/future best. Got to have her be a little bit disco and performing shows. Since she can alter sounds and visuals her shows would probably look and sound ahead of her time regardless of the year. Always thought it would be cool if she sounded likle Daft Punk meets Debby Deb. Or something like Nero's more 80s sampled songs , for a contempary or future sound.

Visual and audio wise Dazzler could do some crazy **** if they used her right. PLus it would be cool to see a celebrity mutant, and how that backfires. With the current EDM craze and soundtracks like Tron Legacy and Drive being huge I think people would buy into her and dig her alot more know then say ten years ago.

Last edited by def28; 02-03-2013 at 02:29 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #113
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Yeah, a casting notice for extras said "The film mostly takes place in 1973".
Well that'd explain why only half of the fc cast is back. Its not likely everyone would be on the same team/alive/active still after a decade

[=]
Old 02-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #114
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

And while 1973 is posted, i wonder if there will be any historical significance . Here's what happened in 1973 http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973

Old 02-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #115
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Watergate of course happened which Im sure will be in the background but hopefully not front and center....

Interesting enough, homosexuality was dropped as a mental disorder that year, and the endangered species act was passed.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #116
JP
Smelly

I do wonder what the historical event could be. Or if any real event will be used. I feel like 1973 is too specific of a year for it not to mean anything.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #117
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Dazzler is perfect in 70s,she is a queen of disco.

Alison Blaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #118
def28
Side-Kick

She would seem a shoo in for the FC team. They need some ladies, she is perfect for the time period,they wanted to use her in FC and she brings a power that can be visually different then what weve seen and would look insane when mixed with audio.

Last edited by def28; 02-03-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #119
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Man they better use her. Its beyond perfect. Though.... Disco did have its origins begin in the late 60s it didn't become popular till mid 70s. So i guess maybe it works if she's an early disco icon?

She may also be a David Bowie type with some disco infusion (which to be honest also sounds like the recipe of lady gaga lol)

Old 02-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #120
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah its close enough, Disco pretty much dies in the late 70s so anytime during the 70s is a good window. Having her be the reason Disco got popular would be kinda funny and work. Its still sci fi and fantasy, and since she rigs her shows with her powers they can get away with her having a more advance sound and light show to win her audience over. Always thought she would be a great example in the films to show the darker side of Mutant VS Human prejudice if her audience discovers shes a mutant. The discovery of of mutants to the general population has to play a big role in this film.

Last edited by def28; 02-03-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #121
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Blaire View Post
Dazzler is perfect in 70s,she is a queen of disco.

I doubt they would use that look if they included her in the movie.

If they include her in the movie, I would like to see Lady Gaga or Kesha to play Dazzler.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #122
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Yeah its close enough, Disco pretty much dies in the late 70s so anytime during the 70s is a good window. Having her be the reason Disco got popular would be kinda funny and work. Its still sci fi and fantasy, and since she rigs her shows with her powers they can get away with her having a more advance sound and light show to win her audience over. Always thought she would be a great example in the films to show the darker side of Mutant VS Human prejudice if her audience discovers shes a mutant. The discovery of of mutants to the general population has to play a big role in this film.
Actually disco died in the very early 80s around the height of rollerdisco and xanadu ....

But i do agree with the rest

[=]
Old 02-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #123
def28
Side-Kick

Im pretty sure the death of Disco was in 79, but I could be wrong. I know its decline started in 78.

As far as casting I hope she would be more unknown. But as long as shes hot and can play the role I wont complain. FC had some pretty solid choices for the X girls.

Last edited by def28; 02-03-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #124
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
I doubt they would use that look if they included her in the movie.

If they include her in the movie, I would like to see Lady Gaga or Kesha to play Dazzler.
Oh if she's in this film and its in the 70s that look is a sure thing at least for her performances.

[=]
Old 02-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #125
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Im pretty sure the death of Disco was in 79, but I could be wrong. I know its decline started in 78.
79 and 80 would be pretty accurate.xanadu try'd to market off of the popular roller disco trend and when it came out in 1980 it bombed pretty hard

[=]

Last edited by spideyboy_1111; 02-03-2013 at 08:46 PM.