The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 07:04 AM   #776
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

messi loses it in car park with real player

Quote:
What was that all about? Mystery surrounds Barca 'moment of madness' in Bernabeu car park
BY Bill Mann LAST UPDATED AT 08:55 ON Fri 1 Feb 2013

THERE'S been another unsightly incident involving Lionel Messi and this time it's got nothing to do with his dress sense. Having sent shockwaves through the world of football last month when he collected his fourth consecutive Fifa Ballon d'Or award wearing a suit that appeared to be one of Julian Clary's cast-offs, the Barcelona striker has hit the headlines again for all the wrong reasons.

According to the Daily Mail, Messi "launched into an astonishing rant" at Real Madrid right-back Alvaro Arbeloa following the club's encounter at the Bernabeu on Wednesday night.

The game finished 1-1 and Messi appeared agitated throughout the match, reportedly trading insults with Arbeloa, with both players covering their mouths to hide their words from the cameras. The Spanish newspaper Marca alleges that Messi also confronted Real assistant manager Aitor Karanka in the tunnel after the game, yelling: "What are you looking at? Shut up. You're just [Jose] Mourinho's puppet."

But the real fireworks came later as Messi "sought out" former Liverpool defender Arbeloa in the Bernabeu car park following the Copa del Rey clash.

The diminutive Messi, who presumably had to stand on tip-toe to see over the cars, eventually located Arbeloa and let rip in "a tirade that left the Madrid player stunned". The Mail says Arbeloa's wife, who is expecting a child, witnessed Messi's moment of madness and was shocked by his behaviour.

The incident was defused when Messi was reportedly "dragged away from the scene and taken back to the Barcelona team bus".

The 25-year-old Messi didn't have one of his better games for Barcelona during the 1-1 clash and it may be that his frustrations boiled over in the car park. Others, however, are speculating that the Argentine may be concerned that his mantle as the world's greatest striker is in jeopardy given Theo Walcott's form of late. Surely not

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 02-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #777
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Arbeloa kept Messi in his pocket in his debut match for Liverpool 6 years ago and has had the better of him ever since, Messi can **** right off

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 02-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #778
Poeman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Arsenal are either trying to sign Nacho or Arsene ordered some nachos. Either one would be shocking.
SHOCKING NEWS!!! Arsenal ended up signing Nacho, who came to the grounds with a box of nachos

Old 02-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #779
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

When you guys get to see how Ba got injured today, can one of you explain to me how the ###king hell that was not a penalty?

Intentional or not, the defender missed the ball and kicked Ba full in the face. Its dangerous play anywhere on the park. Outside the box it's a free kick, inside and it's a penalty.

Not according to our old 'friend' Howard Webb, or even the commentators on the stream I've been watching either. Wtf?

Old 02-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #780
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

That's it. If RDM was sacked because of 'poor results' then Rafa's time must surely be up.

Once again, no plan B, and not much of a plan A in the 1st place. He will no doubt roll out his usual list of bogus excuses but he has got to go. Not being a popular choice to begin with (to put it mildly) meant he had to deliver sooner rather than later, and a few good results among the poor ones cannot hide that in general the performances have seldom been good since he took over.

We were playing better under RDM, I don't care how Rafa fiddles his 'fact's in his ongoing vain attempts to hide that truth.

There's restaurant in Spain with a vacancy Rafa, go check it out.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #781
bapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
That information is from Marca, Madrid-based newspaper...

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 02-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #782
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
thats like writing off an arse load of english papers because they are based in London

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 02-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #783
RKO
QT's Personal Consultant.

Quote:
Marca also talks s**t about Real like they did 2 weeks ago. Also this whole thing was started by Callejon, who mentioned this in interviews.

Someone get this hothead out of here!
Old 02-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #784
Harry_Lime02
Concerned Citizen

The Spanish papers are all ridiculously paranoid and biased to either Madrid or Barca. Remember a few years ago when one of them photoshopped a defender out of an image to "prove" that a Barcelona goal was offside?

Old 02-02-2013, 11:52 PM   #785
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Becks playing for PSG and giving the money to charity is class!

Good 3 points today, I thought we played pretty well and Fulham were much better than in the cup game. Great performance from Rooney.

The idea of Messi fighting anyone is hilarious, he has classic little man syndrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
When you guys get to see how Ba got injured today, can one of you explain to me how the ###king hell that was not a penalty?

Intentional or not, the defender missed the ball and kicked Ba full in the face. Its dangerous play anywhere on the park. Outside the box it's a free kick, inside and it's a penalty.

Not according to our old 'friend' Howard Webb, or even the commentators on the stream I've been watching either. Wtf?
Saw it tonight on MOTD but missed the pundits view. To me that's a penalty and a red for dangerous play or last man, take your pick.

Gotta hand it to Newcastle with their buying, they aimed a bit higher than most mid-table clubs and it has paid immediate dividends.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-03-2013, 12:58 AM   #786
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Now that's a nice 3 points. Good to see new guy scoring straight away.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:35 AM   #787
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Good 3 points today, I thought we played pretty well and Fulham were much better than in the cup game. Great performance from Rooney.
Agreed, we were nervy the last few minutes & in truth we had created that many chances & hit the crossbar/post that many times we should have had a comfortable 2 goal cushion by the end.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:57 AM   #788
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Argy bargy: Carlos Tevez heads massive Manchester City clear-out in the summer

Bobby means business: Roberto Mancini planning massive Man City spending spree

Wishful thinking? Defiant Benitez tells Chelsea players he is staying next season

In the Red: Man United WILL sign 9m Stoke keeper Asmir Begovic

Out Gunned: Arsenal set to give up chase for Barcelona striker David Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
How much did the 5 players you brought in, in the Jan window cost? From what I can tell it's under 15M for all 5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Agreed, we were nervy the last few minutes & in truth we had created that many chances & hit the crossbar/post that many times we should have had a comfortable 2 goal cushion by the end.
It felt like it was gonna be one of those days where nothing was gonna come off. I thought De Gea, Evans and Rio held the fort really well under pressure.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-03-2013, 02:39 AM   #789
RKO
QT's Personal Consultant.

Someone get this hothead out of here!
Old 02-03-2013, 04:02 AM   #790
bapi
Side-Kick

Man. City - Duncan Castles from The National (owned by Sheikh Mansour'sbrother) wrote something similar - one landmark signing (Txiki had discussions with Falcao and has been offered the opportunity to bid for Cristiano), one top striker, wingers and a ball-playing centre-back in mid 20s.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 02-03-2013, 04:11 AM   #791
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

I'll miss Tevez when he leaves the prem, one of my fav current players who hasnt played for Liverpool

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 02-03-2013, 06:51 AM   #792
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

The man's delusional. If was unlikely he'd keep the job even if he won the league. With that near enough impossible now, thanks to 'poor results' under his reign (we was either 4 or 7 points at the most behind UTD when he came in, and that was only thanks to Clattenberg's howlers in our game with them, and now we are 16 behind) I cannot see any way in hell Roman would give a man who the fans never wanted in the place the job next season.

Way things are going he should be out now, FFS.

And that di#ckhead 'Technical director' Michael Emenalo should go too. He was the main one behind both Ancelotti & RDM getting the sack (back-stabbing sh#t) and he was the one who recommended Benitez too.

When we first saw this know nothing clown lurking on the bench we wondered who the hell he was (has since disappeared from there after we found out who he is and what he does). He evidently has Roman's ear big time and is evidently full of terrible advice.

Seriously, if Rafa (always got an excuse) Benitez has the job next year the fan backlash will have Roman's head spinning.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #793
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Is the guy commentating on this Spurs vs West Brom game Gareth Bale's dad?

Old 02-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #794
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
How much did the 5 players you brought in, in the Jan window cost? From what I can tell it's under 15M for all 5!
The new French Revolution! Sissoko cost a bit, I think 7.5m. I don't know if all the others were disclosed but think most of them were a million or 2.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #795
bapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
The new French Revolution! Sissoko cost a bit, I think 7.5m. I don't know if all the others were disclosed but think most of them were a million or 2.
No, only 2M.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 02-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #796
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
No, only 2M.
Sorry not Sissoko (wrote that by mistake just 'cause he was on the tip of my tongue), Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa was the one who was expensive. Actually I think Mathieu Debuchy was more than the others as well. The rest were cheap, all 2.5m or less I believe.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #797
Sebastos
Bebop User

Quote:
Vive la France! Sissoko definitely has a bright future, terrific performance yesterday.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 02-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #798
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
ohh yeah i forgot no one must dare talk anything but praise against the great saint messi

the man is human no matter what ufea and the barca fans may think, and he's starting to show signs of this when having to deal with people and the press.

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 02-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #799
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Man what was Pepe Reina thinking there? Still brilliant goal by Aguero from that ridiculous angle.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #800
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
“I saw a headline saying Arsenal are flying the flag for Britain. I kind of wondered where that British involvement actually was when I looked at their team. It’s important that top clubs don’t lose sight of the fact that it’s the English Premier League and English players should be involved. Foreign players have been fantastic. We have learned from them and from foreign coaches. But, to some extent, we could lose the soul of British football – the English player.”

- Alan Pardew in 2006
What a Toolbox!...

Closed Thread