The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 02-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #26
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who are the top 5 villains you most wanna see do again?

Zsasz also gets honorable mention

Romans 8:19
Spider-Kurt! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #27
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I alway overlook Zsasz because he doesn't seem like he could hold up any part of a film compared to the likes of Joker, Riddler, Freeze, Penguin, etc.

I like the idea of him being used as a cameo though, which is why I'm fond of the usage in BB.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #28
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

1. The Riddler
2. Mr. Freeze
3. The Penguin
4. Scarecrow
5. Poison Ivy

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:34 AM   #29
Brother Jack
Confirmed Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
1. The Riddler
2. Mr. Freeze
3. The Penguin
4. Scarecrow
5. Poison Ivy
That's a good list. Better than mine.

Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #30
RustyCage
Come what may..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I alway overlook Zsasz because he doesn't seem like he could hold up any part of a film compared to the likes of Joker, Riddler, Freeze, Penguin, etc.

I like the idea of him being used as a cameo though, which is why I'm fond of the usage in BB.
Yeah. I could see Batman going after him as a sub-story, small part of the bigger picture, but I think a lot of fans think he's more substantial than he really is.

That said, I of course wouldn't mind seeing more than what we got in BB in terms of a cameo.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #31
Ceb-Man
Side-Kick

The Riddler- I think he should be in the first film. Where Batman Begins had unused villains. I want to see The Riddler as the main villain.

The Penguin- Major Crimeboss in Gotham City.

Mr. Freeze- The Paul Dini version.

Poison Ivy

Ra's Al Ghul with the Lazarus Pits

At some point: The Joker and Catwoman.

Last edited by Ceb-Man; 02-05-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Ceb-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #32
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

From movies:
1. Riddler
2. Scarecrow
3. Penguin
4. Clayface (Joker's makeup and a knife was a lot like Basil Carlo, so I count him)

No one else
Freeze in B&R is my favorite version of the character
1. Bane was done as I expected in TDKR, and I prefer him without the Venom
2. Two-Face is a campy villain, tragic origin, campy later, Nolan didn't make him any better after his scars, he made him worse. I don't think he needs to be seen again on film, at least not anytime in the next 20 years
3. Poison Ivy? She's a dumb hypocrite. "DON'T MURDER MY PRECIOUS PLANTS" and then she sacrifices some of her babies.
4. I had my fill with Joker, even more after "The Batman", use more villains please
5. Catwoman is fine in TDKR, I don't see a problem in having her the next franchise as the main love interest, only I'm not looking forward to see her

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:30 PM   #33
Cody2575
Side-Kick

I really want to see them do Black mask

Cody2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #34
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

Honorable mention went to Zsasz because while I agree that he isn't particularly a great villain by any means,I would have liked for him to have at least tapped into the Hannibal Lecture like mind games he used in his early comic appearences. Other than appearing at some point in a live action series or an Arkham Asylum cameo,there's no real desire for me to see Zsasz.

Since the Joker was the first villain for the first series of Batman movies,the second villain in the second series,I think it would be fitting for him to appear in the third film of the third series even though I want to see him in a Death in the Family flashback sequence in the first film.

Romans 8:19
Spider-Kurt! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #35
TheFantasticJoe
Side-Kick

My top five, in order of the lower end of "need it" to the highest.

5. The Joker. We all know it will happen eventually, because having a Batman series with no mention of the Joker is practically unheard of. I want to see it eventually, but save it for later - not because I think Heath's performance will never be topped, but because we have had a great fill of Joker recently and I'd like to see us kick off with something different. When he is used, I want to see Harley Quinn with him - I'll expand on this in a bit.

4. Mr. Freeze. He's definitely in need of a do-over, no doubt about it. If and when he is done again, I'd like a bit more than just a rehash of the Heart of Ice story. Of course you can still use Nora as his driving motivation, but we've already seen countless adaptations of that story, and I could stand to see a more fresh take on it.

3. Poison Ivy. Hopefully we'll be moving into a more fantastical universe with this reboot, and if so, I'd love to see what they would do with Ivy in a less campy setting. What I'm most interested in seeing, however, is a Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn team-up movie. That might be a bit fanboyish of me, but I've always loved the dynamic the two had together, and it would be interesting to see a Batman movie driven by female villains this time around.

2. The Riddler. This is probably the most likely villain we will see first, and I can definitely understand the demand for him. However, I can't say I'm too thrilled with the fan ideas I've seen across the 'net - it's all either "Jigsaw clone" or "detective". If/when he's used, I don't want him to be a grand-scale murderous villain or working with anybody else. I want to see him as an egomaniac driven by one desire - to prove he is smarter than Batman. Make a movie where he is the sole villain that brings Batman's detective skills front and center. I want a back-and-forth battle of wits between the two in a movie full of twists and turns that will keep you guessing until the credits roll. The example I often use is Jim Moriarty's relationship with the titular character in Sherlock, the BBC series. Give me a cerebral Riddler movie, or don't give me the Riddler at all.

1. The Penguin. Hands down, if there's a villain that needs a revamp, it's the Penguin. While I loved Danny DeVito's portrayal, you have to face the fact that it's simply not the Penguin, and unfortunately, if you ask most people who the Penguin is, chances are they'll say a mutated freak who lives in the sewers. While it worked well in the Burton universe, I think it's about time he gets a better representation to the public. I want to see him as a crime boss who runs the Iceberg Lounge - a gentleman to the public, but a dirty, mean S.O.B. behind closed doors. My ideal first movie in a Batman reboot series would to have a war between crime bosses in Gotham, Penguin on one side, Black Mask on the other, with Killer Croc as an enforcer for one of them - but I'm getting ahead of myself. Point is, since Bane already had a proper do-over, it's time the second-most deserving of one gets one as well.

TheFantasticJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #36
BatmanGoesToRio
Side-Kick

The Joker - completely done right this time

The Riddler - in a more serious way

The Penguin - in comic style

Catwoman - completely done right this time

Two-Face - completely done right this time

BatmanGoesToRio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:14 AM   #37
Bman32x
Newbie First Class

1. Joker- I just think the Johnny Depp + Helena Bonham Carter duo has a lot of villain potential to play out. Heavy role, but others I think would be great are Tom Cruise and Jim Carey.

2. Mr Freeze with Liev Schriber or Thomas Jane at the helm. Nobody portrayed Fries better than Timm and Dini. Casual movie goers need to see that tragic character on screen.

3. Erik Skarsgard as Ra's Al Ghul with Olivia Wilde as Thalia. Thinking of Dinis character and the most recent Young Justice animated version I think would be great. Ra's racial ambiguity really leaves the field wide open.

4. Bob Hoskins as Penguin in the ice berg lounge. If you've seen Jet Lis Unleashed you have an idea how ruthless Hoskins could be.

5. Poison Ivy by Jessica Chastain. Reason needed?

Other villains I personally would like to see on screen are Jon Hamm as Hush, Michael C Hall as Lex Luthor, Scarecrow played by Johnny Depp moreso than anyone else if the Joker wasn't such a massively important role, but my shock pick is Andy Dick as the Riddler. Outside of his public life, professionally speaking and as an actor I think he nails Edward Nigmas back story perfect, right down to his patronizing tone of voice.

Bman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #38
OutRiddled
Banned User

Scarecrow - could've been more than just a cameo. I want to see Scarecrow be the main villain, and I think the whole use of fear hallucinations could be really epic if done well.
Talia Al Ghul - really lame execution. They should go back to the roots of the character.

OutRiddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #39
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Mr Freeze
The Riddler
Scarecrow
Clayface
Poison Ivy

Old 03-21-2013, 05:52 AM   #40
batfreakforever
A real fan

I dont want to see any of the villains that we have already seen regardless of what people think of how they were already done. No joker, catwoman, penguin, (harvey dent either)two-face, riddler, mr freeze, poison ivy, bane, ra's al ghul, scarecrow, zazz, falcone, maroni, talia etc. Ones we have'nt seen yet need to be seen first before the ones named above.

batfreakforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #41
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

1. Riddler
2. Mr. Freeze
3. Penguin
4. Poison Ivy
5. Scarecrow

Snow Queen is online now   Reply With Quote