Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #751
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
I loved the X2 trailer. mainly because of the short character vignettes that def28 mentioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8NIxnIPv98
I liked the X1 trailer as well. Think they used the Dark City soundtrack which was awesome.

Now that I think of it most of the X trailers have been pretty well done regardless of the films.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #752
NanaT
X-Men United!

^True Dat!

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 02-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #753
lordofthenerds
Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreative T View Post
I like trailers and I can't wait for X-men DOFP Trailer I remember X-men 3 trailer, it was the best trailer of the series. It gave me goosebumps. I used to watch it over and over.

I want the new X-men movie trailer to surpass it.

It still rocks though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ZMvxzplwc
Such a good trailer for such a mediocre movie. Just goes to show trailers should never be used as indicators for how good a film will be.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You officially have no life.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #754
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv View Post
I'll say it again, this is the closest we'll get to an X4. I can't see the studio greenlighting an X-Men film without Fassbender, McAvoy & Lawrence. The majority of this film takes place in '73 meaning the protagonists are Fassbender, McAvoy & Lawrence. The reason we're getting all the players from the original trilogy back is that the film is based on Days of Future Past. You need them there to tell this particular story. I don't see the studio financing an X-Men movie starring Anna Paquin, Ellen Page & Shawn Ashmore. Even if Jackman was in the picture I just don't see them doing that.

I think after Days of Future Past we'll get another X-Men movie three years down the line that continues the story that ended in '73. I doubt we'll see the cast of the original trilogy in that film but rather young versions of Cyclops, Jean Grey & Storm and I think like this film it will jump forward a decade & be set in the 80s.
Do you realize that FOX brought back the original cast to appeal to casual viewers especially how First Class became the lowest-grossing X-Men movie yet at domestic box-office. If FOX is so confident with the First Class cast headlining their own movie, they wouldn't bring back the OT actors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
There is a monologue, it tells what happened and what the world is like now. I particularly like the classifications. H for humans, A for humans that carry the mutant gene (forbidden to breed) and M for mutants. This goes on while it shows Kitty doing stuff around the streets
I doubt the opening monologue would be something like that. Its probably going to be a speech just like in X1/X2.

My favorite trailer for a X-Men movie is the one for X2, that featured their codenames, then the tagline "its time for those who are different to stand united" and the background music just gave me chills! I hope DOFP gets a trailer like that! I would be so thrilled for that!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-03-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #755
BMM
Side-Kick

Conversely, if Fox was so confident in X-Men 4, it would have been greenlit 7 years ago. As it stands, I think it's too early to tell what the studio's next move will be.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #756
Kreative T
Banned User

Where's the Superbowl scoop that guy said he was going to have for everybody?!!!!!!!

Where is he???????

Old 02-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #757
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Conversely, if Fox was so confident in X-Men 4, it would have been greenlit 7 years ago. As it stands, I think it's too early to tell what the studio's next move will be.
things have clearly changed after all these years in the comic movies state

Marvel achieved something really huge with Avengers. Thats why all the studios are now thinking bigger.

And lets be honest, what biggest thing Fox could do with the X-men franchise appart from getting the full original cast back for X4 or even X4 and X5?

Thats their wildest card. I dont know if they will play it, but thats their wildest card, and more if they use a villain as famous as Apocalypse, as most of the users have mentioned.

Days of future past is the very first big move from the studio regarding this franchise. And Im sure this wont be the last big x-men movie of the franchise.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #758
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, I have a feeling things are gonna be very different after this movie.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #759
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
When X3 was released, they clearly stated they want to release a couple of spin-off movies before doing a X-Men 4 movie. It was not like they lost confidence continuing the series with a X-Men 4 movie.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 02-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #760
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Yeah, I have a feeling things are gonna be very different after this movie.
definetly.
this movie will be bigger than some use to think on here, remark my words

Old 02-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #761
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
And lets be honest, what biggest thing Fox could do with the X-men franchise appart from getting the full original cast back for X4 or even X4 and X5?

Thats their wildest card. I dont know if they will play it, but thats their wildest card, and more if they use a villain as famous as Apocalypse, as most of the users have mentioned.
I think if X-Men 4 was released in 2009 and I think it would have done well. If Origins managed to gross more than $170 million at the domestic box-office (especially with bad reviews from critics and the leaked version of the movie). Of course X4 would have earned at least $170 million too. I don't know if it would have been as huge as X3, but it would have performed better than Origins and First Class.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 02-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #762
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreative T
I like trailers and I can't wait for X-men DOFP Trailer I remember X-men 3 trailer, it was the best trailer of the series. It gave me goosebumps. I used to watch it over and over.

I want the new X-men movie trailer to surpass it.

It still rocks though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ZMvxzplwc
I love how the X3 trailer suggested that the film was going to be this epic Dark Phoenix destruction film...and it ended up being a lame example of the worst wire-work ever. LOL

Old 02-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #763
Super Film
Side-Kick

X3's trailer was all kinds of epic and it did it's job of shining people on. In my mind, the film did not meet the expectations of the trailer. But I think most of us agree on that.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #764
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
things have clearly changed after all these years in the comic movies state

Marvel achieved something really huge with Avengers. Thats why all the studios are now thinking bigger.

Days of future past is the very first big move from the studio regarding this franchise. And Im sure this wont be the last big x-men movie of the franchise.
Yeah, finally execs will believe that superhero teams can work. And not only work, make ridiculous money. Fox will finally realise that they own the rights to one of the big 3 teams from comic lore & when they do recognise that value, they'll start treating it with the respect (and budget ) that it deserves.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #765
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yeah, finally execs will believe that superhero teams can work. And not only work, make ridiculous money. Fox will finally realise that they own the rights to one of the big 3 teams from comic lore & when they do recognise that value, they'll start treating it with the respect (and budget ) that it deserves.
exactly!!

Im really confident that DOFP will the the movie that will wake them up.

I mean, they are already thinking big with this Days of future past sequel, having the two casts and the SENTINELS is something really huge, but its boxoffice will show them that they havent really explore the Xmen full potential during this last decade.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #766
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Besides, X1 and X2, all of the X-Men movies got the budget that they deserved. Back in 2006, X3 was the most expensive movie ever made! Origins got a decent budget of $150 million and that movie was a spin-off. First Class which didn't feature the X-Men most well-known characters got a budget of $160 million. The problem with FOX is they don't know have to maximize their budget and they should work with better visual effects companies.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 02-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #767
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:

I would say that, between the two, this is their wildest card. Days of Future Past is a crossover movie, featuring the old cast, new cast, time travel, and robots. There are more possibilities with this movie than a sequel to The Last Stand, featuring Apocalypse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
When X3 was released, they clearly stated they want to release a couple of spin-off movies before doing a X-Men 4 movie. It was not like they lost confidence continuing the series with a X-Men 4 movie.
No, they didn't. You make it sound like Fox issued a press release, stating its X-Men film goals for the next 10 years. That's not the case at all. It has always been very up in the air. It still is.

Quote:
Besides, X1 and X2, all of the X-Men movies got the budget that they deserved. Back in 2006, X3 was the most expensive movie ever made! Origins got a decent budget of $150 million and that movie was a spin-off. First Class which didn't feature the X-Men most well-known characters got a budget of $160 million. The problem with FOX is they don't know have to maximize their budget and they should work with better visual effects companies.
The problem with Fox is that the studio waits to the last minute to do things, and that costs money--a lot of money.

Last edited by BMM; 02-03-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #768
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
No, they didn't. You make it sound like Fox issued a press release, stating its X-Men film goals for the next 10 years. That's not the case at all. It has always been very up in the air. It still is.
Well I remembered hearing that from E news when X3 was released and it was said by one of their reporters. So its not like I just made a fake press release from FOX.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 02-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #769
BMM
Side-Kick

I'm pretty sure that when The Last Stand was released it was being advertised as the last X-Men movie ever. At best, there were discussions of a Wolverine spin-off, at that time. There was never any promise of X-Men 4, and there still isn't. Like I said, it has always been up in the air and still is.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #770
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
X3 had the budget but not the respect and that's why it was rushed out after Singer's move. And really the 1st couple of films are what educate the general audience what ballpark to place the X-Men property in. So they now see it as a smaller property than certain other things that it really should have been bigger than if the studio had had that confidence all the way through. If the 1st ever X-film was coming out post Avengers it would get a monster budget out of the gate and would be treated like gold dust. But yes on the other point that Fox should have got better FX value for money for the dollars spent on X3 & Origins. I mean Colossus X3 Vs X2....

Old 02-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #771
Angamb
Banned User

Lauren mentioned X4 treatment on 2011. It wasnt a promise, but it was new info about it, actually.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #772
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that when The Last Stand was released it was being advertised as the last X-Men movie ever. At best, there were discussions of a Wolverine spin-off, at that time. There was never any promise of X-Men 4, and there still isn't. Like I said, it has always been up in the air and still is.
Ya I dont think any movie after DOFP is gonna be called X4. Or a follow up to events during those times. Guess ya never know though...

Old 02-03-2013, 11:36 PM   #773
Great Mind(s)
Broken

There's no reason to call a movie X4 or anything like that. X-Men Children of the Atom, X-Men Age of Apocalypse...etc

Old 02-03-2013, 11:37 PM   #774
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
There's no reason to call a movie X4 or anything like that. X-Men Children of the Atom, X-men Age of Apocalypse...etc
Agreed

Be nice to see Uncanny X Men on the screen one of these days.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #775
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Quote:
Well I remembered hearing that from E news when X3 was released and it was said by one of their reporters. So its not like I just made a fake press release from FOX.
I remember when X3 came out talk of 3 spin-off's...a Wolverine, a Magneto, and a mystery 3rd film focused on "young" X-Men which eventually became First Class (which also used elements of the Mag's film)......

......I'm vouching for psylockolussus, there was lots of chatter when X3 came out about future films...