Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 05:31 PM   #501
Double B
Side-Kick

Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Awesome first post HAHA. But I don't think it's much of an issue. Given how hard it is for him to put on muscle mass, as he says, it's probably a lot of work. Yeah, he was a bit thin on Avengers, but he looked fine in his solo movie.

and welcome
Thank you!

And if this is viewed as small, I'm screwed.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:32 PM   #502
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Awesome first post HAHA. But I don't think it's much of an issue. Given how hard it is for him to put on muscle mass, as he says, it's probably a lot of work. Yeah, he was a bit thin on Avengers, but he looked fine in his solo movie.

and welcome
Don't people know what vertical stripes do to your figure? It's visual trickery!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
[Sorry for the bad quality, it's the only version of the clip I could find.]

Old 02-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #503
Mr. Dent
Banned User

The two covers missing from El Mayimbe's scoop are related to Captain Marvel and Dr. Strange. That list of covers are all from Marvel Masterworks.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:22 PM   #504
Mr. Dent
Banned User

http://latino-review.com/2013/02/04/...phase-3-plans/

Old 02-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #505
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

I can't watch watch the video can someone say what the scoop is

Old 02-03-2013, 11:28 PM   #506
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Old 02-03-2013, 11:29 PM   #507
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
I can't watch watch the video can someone say what the scoop is
In Avengers 2, in the third act Hulk will be shipped off into space by the MCU's Illuminati, setting up a Hulk solo movie based on Planet Hulk in Phase 3. Also, Avengers 3 will be based on World War Hulk after Hulk returns to Earth

Old 02-03-2013, 11:35 PM   #508
def28
Side-Kick

Sounds good to me. Wasnt really a fan of Wolrd War Hulk, but Planet Hulk is ****ing amazing,.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:38 PM   #509
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

Sounds interesting. Don't know how I feel about a World War Hulk film though...

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Old 02-03-2013, 11:48 PM   #510
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Awwwwww man I was right on the money with it I knew it I mentioned it in either this or another topic that Iron man Fury and the council of 12 would ship into space after his rampage in A2

Old 02-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #511
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
Awwwwww man I was right on the money with it I knew it I mentioned it in either this or another topic that Iron man Fury and the council of 12 would ship into space after his rampage in A2
Yeah it also works with what Whedon was saying about digging a knife into the team.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #512
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

But I hope they don't downright have the Illuminati from the comics in it.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:14 AM   #513
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Alright had time to think about this and it makes perfect sense with a few conditions:

1. The MCU version of the Illuminati is the World Council
2. They use the Ultimates 2 plot thread and have them ship him off because he's being accused of killing hundreds of people
3. WWH is only an element of A3 and not the entire focus.

Given that, I think it's a great route to go with the character. The reason everyone loved Hulk in the Avengers was because it was fun watching him kick Chitauri ass and hit Loki and Thor around. With a Planet Hulk movie, instead of having him chased around by the military, we can watch him pound on aliens and conquer a planet. It creates the opportunity to have a movie that plays on the comedic and high action value of the Hulk, something we haven't had in a Hulk movie yet. It would be like Kratos from GoW. Has the potential to be gold if done correctly. Zach Snyder for director!

Old 02-04-2013, 12:17 AM   #514
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/09/21...e-kevin-feige/

All addressed by Kevin Feige last September.

- CM Punk
Old 02-04-2013, 12:26 AM   #515
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Yes, we know that. It was mentioned in the vid itself. Many of us have been predicting a PH/WWH movie since the end of the Avengers. This just puts a spark to the oil.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:28 AM   #516
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Big fan of the guys at Latino Review and can't argue with their scoops, they kill it with scoops.

My problem is the general public has made it clear they don't care about The Hulk in solo adventures or Hulkcentric plots, not sure that changes because he is in space. What's next? Hulk Takes Manhattan? Hulk Goes To Hell?

Old 02-04-2013, 12:33 AM   #517
JP
Smelly

Trying to find scoop...

Error. :[{oooo

:;;;:88 Error 1000100

No scoop detected

Old 02-04-2013, 12:49 AM   #518
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Big fan of the guys at Latino Review and can't argue with their scoops, they kill it with scoops.

My problem is the general public has made it clear they don't care about The Hulk in solo adventures or Hulkcentric plots, not sure that changes because he is in space. What's next? Hulk Takes Manhattan? Hulk Goes To Hell?
Eh, it's not that they weren't interested in Hulk solo adventure, just the way Hulk solo adventures were told. Who wants to see a guy get chased around by the US government and only turn into the Hulk twice, and when he does turn in to the Hulk all he's doing is yelling and tossing around military grade equipment?

Now, with this movie, Hulk will not be some experiment gone wrong on the run and in Banner mode 80% of the movie punching around normal people. He will be a tragic hero who was betrayed by his allies and sent into exile, and must fight his way through a planet of powerful aliens to survive, and as such must be in Hulk form for a significant portion of the movie. Instead of seeing the Hulk only yelling and screaming we'll be able to see the comedic side that was shown in the Avengers and also his badass side against foes he can punch in the form of aliens. Think Kratos. It creates a much better chance to draw in audiences than the first two Hulk films.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:57 AM   #519
Robin91939
Master Tim

I will just say this....

I don't believe this guy.

In 2009, I worked for Marvel in the Editorial department in New York City.

Yes, some people from the Film Studio come into the office... But it's mostly to meet important editors (like Wacker, Brevoort, Rosemann, or Axel at the time), glad-hand, take a tour or pick up research. I met Justin Theroux and Scarlett Johansson during the time leading up to Iron Man 2. However, there are very little if any production materials for the films in those offices. That's just a fact.

So knowing that... I find it very hard to believe that this cat found a detailed outline of Avengers 2, Incredible Hulk 2 and Avengers 3... Like he's claiming to know what act of the films certain things happen... This is the COMIC BOOK production office... Not the film studio in Manhattan Beach, CA. This is highly suspect. The New York Office has a Legal, Marketing, Editorial, Publishing, Merchandise and Sales department... All solely related to the COMICS, not the FILMS.

There are some moquettes and movie theater standees and things like that around the office, but at the time I worked there, these were only of films ALREADY released (Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk) and not of films in production.

PLUS, when you sign to work for Marvel, you sign a non-disclosure agreement. And they were very good with security in the building. (NOTE: When I worked there it was located in the old office on 5th Avenue). But I'd imagine the security is the same. This guy, couldn't just walk in and snoop around. You need to be buzzed in, get a guest pass and you have a chaperone with you when you tour the office. If there is something they don't want you to see (ie. their plans for Phase 2 &3) you are not going to see it.

If he said that he knew what was happening in the comics 6-7-8 months from now... I'd believe him. That **** is pinned up all over the walls... But MOVIE news? At the Marvel Offices in New York City.... No. Just not true.

-R

Last edited by Robin91939; 02-04-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:02 AM   #520
Chewy
REDACTED

???

He filmed his little video blog in front of Marvel's New York office to get their goat. Not because the building had anything to do with his scoop

Old 02-04-2013, 01:04 AM   #521
Tony007
Side-Kick

I will put myself on the side of the GA to make some questions because I just started getting interested in all this marvel stories since all the MCU started(I do have some notions of the stories and already watch the Planet Hulk movie so don't bother telling me the beginning).

1. With this scoops does it mean that Avengers 2 will be all about Thanos instead of waiting until Avengers 3(probably defeat him too?)

2. Inst it necessary for a Planet Hulk/WWH storyline introduction of the Illuminati?

3. If Avengers 3 actually centers in a WWH storyline could we say it would be actually a good choice? I mean, from what I saw in some comics I got the chance to read I was more anxious with the possible introduction of Ultron after or before Thanos or even better with the journey of Thanos looking for the infinity gems.

Edit: I have seen other scoops from the guy of Latino Review but this, probably because I don't know a lot about the stories but I don't think this can be true.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:07 AM   #522
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
???

He filmed his little video blog in front of Marvel's New York office to get their goat. Not because the building had anything to do with his scoop

on twitter though I thought he said that he got someone in there. Not sure

Old 02-04-2013, 01:08 AM   #523
Robin91939
Master Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
???

In the preface:

"Being the Neapolitan Mastiff Attack Dog that I am, I followed that poodleís scent back to itís territory from which it came. It lead to Marvelís offices here in New York City."

He's claiming the information CAME from those offices. And I'm just telling you guys.... That is VERY unlikely.

VERY.

-R

Old 02-04-2013, 01:11 AM   #524
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony007 View Post
1. With this scoops does it mean that Avengers 2 will be all about Thanos instead of waiting until Avengers 3(probably defeat him too?)
Well it depends on your personal opinion. The news doesn't necessarily mean that Thanos will be completely defeated in phase 2, but I've been of the opinion that they will deal with him in, if not a conclusive manner, one that keeps him from being the main threat of Phase 3. Going from the comic lore and how they've handled the films so far, I figure Thanos gets his hands on either the cosmic cube or the infinity gauntlet and he gets sent packing.

Quote:
2. Inst it necessary for a Planet Hulk/WWH storyline introduction of the Illuminati?
Not in the MCU, which already has an Illuminati-esque World Security Council.

Quote:
3. If Avengers 3 actually centers in a WWH storyline could we say it would be actually a good choice? I mean, from what I saw in some comics I got the chance to read I was more anxious with the possible introduction of Ultron after or before Thanos or even better with the journey of Thanos looking for the infinity gems.
I don't think A3 will be completely based on WWH, it will just be an element of the film. WWH may be rolled into a bigger plot that includes that pertains to what aliens are invading the Earth.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:15 AM   #525
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
In the preface:

"Being the Neapolitan Mastiff Attack Dog that I am, I followed that poodleís scent back to itís territory from which it came. It lead to Marvelís offices here in New York City."

He's claiming the information CAME from those offices. And I'm just telling you guys.... That is VERY unlikely.

VERY.

-R
That's a jokey preface to his video blog, it's part of his gag. He filmed it in front of Marvel's New York office to troll them. He's been joking about it on his twitter for a week

Closed Thread