Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #151
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
they can do that. Just not in avengers 3. Hulk has been a monster, and he is finally a hero. They shouldn't turn him back into this mindless brute at the end of avengers 2. Then make phase 3, and avengers 3 a hulk movie? Smells fishie.

again, i looked through latin review, all of his articles involve news from other sites, with pictures, and such like that, videos, interviews. When it comes to releasing information like this, saying things before they are announced, he's 1/2. and if Ironman doesnt go into space..then he's 0/2.

I am not buying this just yet. Planet Hulk seemed obvious, but the thing is there is a bunch of hints and comments than can show different things. This is probably just ONE of the possible routes they can go. not THE route. I just don't buy into this too much
I don't think they're going to play him up as a villain in A3. If anything I think the audience will be on the Hulk's side. I think the way they're going to do it is that Hulk is apart of the Kree/Chitauri's invading army and is fighting alongside them for revenge on what the humans did to him, but eventually comes around to their side throughout the course of the film. It could potentially be another Hulk stealing endeavor while at the same time not revolving around him and not casting him as a villain. He will play more the role of the tragic hero from now on...which I think again is perfect for the Hulk. You might say they have been doing that, but they were doing it in the wrong way with him just running from the military, acting all dreary, and only coming out to yell and smas. Hulk should be fun, lovable, and understandable, not a pure ramping beast.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #152
Chewy
REDACTED

The thing that gives me pause is that Hulk getting shot off into space at the end is almost literally Empire Strikes Back, which Whedon hates hates hates (the cliffhanger ending, not the movie)

Unless it would somehow be post-credits?

Old 02-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #153
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Feige:
Quote:
There are a few obstacles that Feige sees in the way of any possible Hulk-in-space solo films. "I think there's pitfalls of continuity-overload, and mythology getting so dense that it almost collapses in on itself," he said. "It happens every few decades or so in the comics. Apart from that, I'd say everything is on the table.
i wouldn't worry about the MCU going full-retard, guys.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 02-04-2013, 12:21 AM   #154
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I just think it's total bull****. With the way Marvel has set up Phase 2/The Avengers 2, the WWH stuff simply makes no sense. They have yet to explore the Thanos story, which one assumes will span GotG and TA2. With Thanos, the MCU's ultimate villain, as the Big Bad in TA2, how do they even get to the point where Hulk is doing enough damage on Earth to be considered even more dangerous than the Mad Titan? Hulk would have to **** even more **** up than Thanos does, which hardly seems possible.

It just seems to me that making Hulk the villain of TA3 would completely derail the franchise's development. There are so many supervillains from the team's fifty year history that it would be disappointing to ignore all of them in favor of centering the action around the Hulk.
especially if Thanos' story in avengers 2 is on a universal level scale. Sure, Hulk may tear some **** up. but he aint destroying the universe. I dont buy this either

Old 02-04-2013, 12:22 AM   #155
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
i know. But even basing a movie off of that...clearly people are worrying. as am I
The thing about throwing Planet Hulk/WWH into the mix is it undermines the MCU Hulk's character severely. The important thing we took away from Hulk in the Avengers was that Banner had control of the beast, that he was getting "better," and that Hulk was a hero who could be trusted to cooperate with the right team, and wasn't the menace to society that everyone made him out to be.

Any storyline based on Planet Hulk/WWH basically wipes all that away, and we're back to square one with Savage Monster Hulk.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-04-2013, 12:23 AM   #156
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

also, where doe hulk get the intellectual advancement to do this? I am sure he won't be a lot more intelligent than he was in avengers. Then avengers 2 ends, and now he is capable of declaring war on mankind?? I feel like even though you can rexcognize when someone treats you bad, i feel like a WWH movie isn't even in the cards for MCU hulk. We seem to right now be crossing over between a mindless hulk/professor hulk

Old 02-04-2013, 12:23 AM   #157
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

just caught up on everything.. I shall retract my opinions on everything since I don't know much about PH or WWH.. gotta say I'd rather them go along the lines of Ultron/Thanos tho. idk lol.. I think I need to hop off the Comic Book movie websites forever though haha.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #158
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
they can do that. Just not in avengers 3. Hulk has been a monster, and he is finally a hero. They shouldn't turn him back into this mindless brute at the end of avengers 2. Then make phase 3, and avengers 3 a hulk movie? Smells fishie.

again, i looked through latin review, all of his articles involve news from other sites, with pictures, and such like that, videos, interviews. When it comes to releasing information like this, saying things before they are announced, he's 1/2. and if Ironman doesnt go into space..then he's 0/2.

I am not buying this just yet. Planet Hulk seemed obvious, but the thing is there is a bunch of hints and comments than can show different things. This is probably just ONE of the possible routes they can go. not THE route. I just don't buy into this too much
Oh, also, I don't believe he's going to be rampaging because of his own doing in A2. I believe he will be framed or under someone else's control and as a result of these actions is wrongly shot into space. It's a good mix of the Ultimate and 616 lore that way.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #159
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
I just think it's total bull****. With the way Marvel has set up Phase 2/The Avengers 2, the WWH stuff simply makes no sense. They have yet to explore the Thanos story, which one assumes will span GotG and TA2. With Thanos, the MCU's ultimate villain, as the Big Bad in TA2, how do they even get to the point where Hulk is doing enough damage on Earth to be considered even more dangerous than the Mad Titan? Hulk would have to **** even more **** up than Thanos does, which hardly seems possible.

It is ********, for exactly the reasons you listed. It would be a downgrade to go from Thanos to Hulk.

It just seems to me that making Hulk the villain of TA3 would completely derail the franchise's development. There are so many supervillains from the team's fifty year history that it would be disappointing to ignore all of them in favor of centering the action around the Hulk.
This is why I believe this scoop is complete ********. Well, in regards to being a part of an actual Avengers film. I wouldn't mind if these Hulk stores were made into his own films, but using those storylines for an Avengers film...nope.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:25 AM   #160
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Old 02-04-2013, 12:26 AM   #161
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Hulk's secondary to me, my main concern is it undermines Banner. I can see Stark having real moral concerns with shipping a friend and comrade off to space. I can only see it happening if Bruce begs to be stopped or something.

Even then though, I can see Stark putting all his work into helping Bruce control and restrain himself before he took any drastic action at all.

The space angle would only play for me if they sent Hulk to somewhere monitored by the Guardians or the Inhumans, where he can do less damage. That would be slightly more humane I guess.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:26 AM   #162
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I remember reading that Feige mentioned a possible Hulk film, just not this Phrase. Planet Hulk was brought up, leading to the eventual World War Hulk. It was on this site.
I remember that. Vaguely.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-04-2013, 12:27 AM   #163
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:

Maybe the Hulk's heroic methods are too dangerous, and put civilians at risk. Maybe his strength is just too much to be controlled, so the WSC sends him away. And maybe there's a part fighting Thanos when the Hulk just loses complete control and goes full-on beast mode on Thanos. That would prove that Bruce still hasn't controlled the anger, and would warrant him as a threat if he ever got too angry for himself to control.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:28 AM   #164
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I like the colors a lot more than when they first showed it to us.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-04-2013, 12:28 AM   #165
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Are we really taking this stuff seriously?

Old 02-04-2013, 12:28 AM   #166
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

wouldn't shipping Hulk into space be a total opposite of the stance Stark takes during Civil War? I don't know what the time frame of those story lines are but I know in Civil War stark was for registration right? So if he and Banner are buddy-buddy he would be so against sending him off, therefore being against registering the heroes? Making Cap take Tony's spot of being known? Just spitballing with my limited knowledge, someone hop in please.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:29 AM   #167
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Oh, also, I don't believe he's going to be rampaging because of his own doing in A2. I believe he will be framed or under someone else's control and as a result of these actions is wrongly shot into space. It's a good mix of the Ultimate and 616 lore that way.
How does that make it better?
A mind-controlled Hulk massacring hordes of civilians is a box-office disaster, just the same as if he did it of his own free will.

Again: Hulk is a HERO now. Everybody looks up to him as an Avenger. That's key to Marvel's merchandising. You think Little Johnny with his Hulk toys is going to be happy if he sees (a) Hulk get dicked over by his friends, (b) Hulk rampage mindlessly through innocent civilians, (c) Hulk declare war on humanity.....you know, the same people he just got through saving in Avengers 1?

Old 02-04-2013, 12:30 AM   #168
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Yes, in a hypothetical sense. That's what we do. Speculate.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:31 AM   #169
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
How does that make it better?
A mind-controlled Hulk massacring hordes of civilians is a box-office disaster, just the same as if he did it of his own free will.

Again: Hulk is a HERO now. Everybody looks up to him as an Avenger. That's key to Marvel's merchandising. You think Little Johnny with his Hulk toys is going to be happy if he sees (a) Hulk get dicked over by his friends, (b) Hulk rampage mindlessly through innocent civilians, (c) Hulk declare war on humanity.....you know, the same people he just got through saving in Avengers 1?

You're assuming that Hulk massacring hordes of civilians will be the reason he is sent away. That very well could not be the reason, and I don't think it will be.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:31 AM   #170
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Sure, why not? He broke Avengers 1's plot way back when. He's wrong sometimes but he's also been right a lot over the years

Old 02-04-2013, 12:33 AM   #171
eddy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
SPOILERS FROMS THIS GUYS "SCOOP" BELOW (i dont know how to black out the text sorry)
-
-
-

i call bs. the hulk in the avengers was one who was in control.

besides, he's talking about something that is sooo far off. like, what, 6 or so years away. being the attention seeker that he is, it would make sense for him to spin some bull our way and bask in adoration and attention for multiple years before being proven wrong.

if the hulk does not get sent away at the end of A2 then that will be our first indication of his bs.
But he has a great 'get out of jail free' card. If it doesn't happen, he can say Marvel changed their plans when he spoiled their storyline. Master troll, really.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:34 AM   #172
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
You're assuming that Hulk massacring hordes of civilians will be the reason he is sent away. That very well could not be the reason, and I don't think it will be.
Forget the reason. The reason could be a complete fabrication of something Hulk never actually did, or even a "preemptive strike" against an imagined massacre ever happening. Regardless, if he comes back and declares war on humanity (thus, "WORLD War Hulk"), then he's targeting innocent civilians.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:36 AM   #173
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Yes, in a hypothetical sense. That's what we do. Speculate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Sure, why not? He broke Avengers 1's plot way back when. He's wrong sometimes but he's also been right a lot over the years
Fair enough Since MarvelTVNews built me up and broke my heart, I've never trusted these type of sites.
I personally don't know how I feel about this rumor. It would be a good story, but I don't know if I like Hulk enough to have a whole story line dedicated to him and (most probably) Stark.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:36 AM   #174
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Forget the reason. The reason could be a complete fabrication of something Hulk never actually did, or even a "preemptive strike" against an imagined massacre ever happening. Regardless, if he comes back and declares war on humanity (thus, "WORLD War Hulk"), then he's targeting innocent civilians.
That's why I see him targeting the heroes(feeling he's been betrayed by his friends, especially Stark, Rogers, and perhaps Widow), and maybe even the World Security Council(who don't look so good in the GA's eyes, after nearly blowing up Manhattan with a nuclear missile). It'll be called World War Hulk because the entire world is against Hulk, but everyone else won't be Hulk's targets.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:37 AM   #175
eddy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Google "Jay Z hand sign" and "Jay Z Illuminati."
It's a Jay Z gimmick.
Mind Blown.

But what about the air force symbol?