every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
RoughNTumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #227
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Default Re: DC Relaunching Everything? - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
You know this has already happened before, right?
Yes, that's how I know I need more of it.

Also? Hilarious this, hilarious that, I win and you lose.
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:09 AM   #228
Mystirious
Immortal Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
April.

Looks like Booster might be returning in

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
All-Star Western
I demand that we get to see Skeets in a cowboy hat

Humankind is enslaved by giraffe
Mystirious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:32 AM   #229
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm sure as soon as Brubaker arrived, it'd only be a matter of time before the current DC regime did something to drive him away. They're getting alarmingly good at that with pretty much every good writer who isn't Morrison or Johns.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:11 AM   #230
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Jeff Lemire is taking over Green Arrow which makes me want to check it out

Old 02-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #231
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

I could get down with a Red Robin book, but also waiting to see how the Snyder/Lee Superman book plays out. Meltzer/Hitch on Superman/Batman sounds awesome, as well.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #232
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

I've been looking forward to Lemure's Green Arrow but a skim of it today did not wield any excitement for me today. I skimmed through it two or three times and finally opted to put it back on the shelf.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #233
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
I'm sure as soon as Brubaker arrived, it'd only be a matter of time before the current DC regime did something to drive him away. They're getting alarmingly good at that with pretty much every good writer who isn't Morrison or Johns.
They drove him away by just giving him small scale books like Catwoman and Gotham Central while promoting him as one of their AAA writers. Meanwhile Marvel was offering him Captain America, Uncanny X-Men, and Daredevil, they were actually treating him as a AAA writer. I remember being told that Countdown to Infinite Crisis was the last straw for him by giving the job to Judd Winick as opposed to him.

Last edited by hippie_hunter; 02-06-2013 at 09:03 PM.
hippie_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #234
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
They drove him away by just giving him small scale books like Catwoman and Gotham Central while promoting him as one of their AAA writers. Meanwhile Marvel was offering him Captain America, Uncanny X-Men, and Daredevil, they were actually treating him as a AAA writer. I remember being told that Countdown to Infinite Crisis was the last straw for him by giving the job to Judd Winick as opposed to him.
That was the issue that the Blue Beetle died in, right? Man, that was a good issue. That stupid 99 cent comic sold me into buying every Infinite Crisis mini plus some leading into the event. It was the first time I ever went hardcore into DC. I'd bought an arc or mini here and there prior to that (Identity Crisis, Batman: Hush, Green Lantern Rebirth) but never to the extent of Infinite Crisis. I still love that story and all the build up (except the Rann-Thanagar stuff... that crap was boring).

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
Old 02-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #235
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah, it was the one where Ted Kord died.

Also, DC has confirmed that Deathstroke, the Savage Hawkman, Team 7, Sword of Sorcery, the Fury of Firestorm, and Ravagers will be cancelled in May.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #236
ElToro
Im No Side-Kick lol

I dont know if anyone read my previous reply but...does anyone know when the Snyder and Lee's Superman Comic Issues will come out??

Old 02-08-2013, 08:06 AM   #237
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
Yeah, it was the one where Ted Kord died.

Also, DC has confirmed that Deathstroke, the Savage Hawkman, Team 7, Sword of Sorcery, the Fury of Firestorm, and Ravagers will be cancelled in May.
I just read that. The only one that's ever caught my eye was Team 7, though I never actually bought it. Since it's going to be such a short run maybe I'll get it now for a solid easy read. I wonder where Grifter's going now that the book is over. I loved his solo while Edmonton or whatever his was was writing it but I lost interest after that. I keep thinking that I'll ventually get caught back up on it and then continue with Team 7. I like him as a character.

And Amethyst was an interesting addition to Justice League Dark for the two issues she was in. I'd like to see her pop back up in there again.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
Old 02-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #238
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

A CBR interview on the cancelled titles:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=43640

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #239
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

power girl costume is back yessssss

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
RoughNTumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #240
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?

So last month I started buying comics as part of my New Years Resolution, its all been Marvel NOW stuff so far but i'm getting up to hopefully being able to get some DC stuff as I have finally caught up on the MArvel side of things. I have the most interest in Action Comics, Justice League(and the upcoming JLA), Wonder Woman, Supergirl, and Green Lantern(I know everyone says Batman is great but I'll just get the trades). I thought about going for Action and JL for the moment. So should I wait until after Action #17 and JL #17 to start picking them up? I thought about going for JL #15 and starting at the Throne of Atlantis event and I could just catch up on Morrisons's Action Comics run through trades and begin at #18. OH wait, maybe 19?

I dunno, any help/suggestions from New 52ers....if thats a acceptable term.

Last edited by Doc Ock; 02-11-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #241
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Can't believe Blue Beetle is cancelled. I hope they toss him into Teen Titans or something

I've also dropped The Dark Knight. I'lll stick with Batman from now on.

Lunar_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #242
JTStarkiller
Now scan, alien!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
So last month I started buying comics as part of my New Years Resolution, its all been Marvel NOW stuff so far but i'm getting up to hopefully being able to get some DC stuff as I have finally caught up on the MArvel side of things. I have the most interest in Action Comics, Justice League(and the upcoming JLA), Wonder Woman, Supergirl, and Green Lantern(I know everyone says Batman is great but I'll just get the trades). I thought about going for Action and JL for the moment. So should I wait until after Action #17 and JL #17 to start picking them up? I thought about going for JL #15 and starting at the Throne of Atlantis event and I could just catch up on Morrisons's Action Comics run through trades and begin at #18. OH wait, maybe 19?

#19 is where Diggle and Daniel will pick up Action Comics. I'd recommend Morrison's run, as it's been great. Not All-Star great, gut great nonetheless. I've also really enjoyed Supergirl, so you're in for a treat with that book. Batman Inc. is my favorite book DC is putting out, but if you haven't been following Morrison's run since the beginning, it's probably pretty hard to get into so late in the game.

"I'm an avid reader of message boards because I like to know how people with poor grammar really feel." - Mike Birbiglia
JTStarkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #243
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:

Check out Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow. Starts with #17 that came out last week. Something that just started you can get into.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #244
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTStarkiller View Post
#19 is where Diggle and Daniel will pick up Action Comics. I'd recommend Morrison's run, as it's been great. Not All-Star great, gut great nonetheless. I've also really enjoyed Supergirl, so you're in for a treat with that book. Batman Inc. is my favorite book DC is putting out, but if you haven't been following Morrison's run since the beginning, it's probably pretty hard to get into so late in the game.
Batman Inc and Batman & Robin are something on plan on checking out in trade form down the line (i haven't read either pre or post New 52) but I probably won't go for any Batman titles. Although I might check out Batman starting at #18 after the Death of the Family seeing how Snyder seems to be getting alot of praise. I see Supergirl #1 alot so I'll probably get that and hope I can close the gap as I get the current issues hehe.

I have no clue who Diggle and Daniel are but I gotta have a Superman title, and I heard Action Comics was better than Superman. That might of been because of Morrison alone though I dunno.

EDIT: Oh I just saw The New 52 Bats and Robin isn't Morrison....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Check out Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow. Starts with #17 that came out last week. Something that just started you can get into.
I'll check it out. I like the large amount of 2.99 titles DC has...compared to the 3.99 double shipping evils of Marvel.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:34 AM   #245
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Quote:

My suggestions:

If you want to start Green Lantern, wait until after issue 20. The writer who's been building an epic run for 9 years is leaving the book after issue 20, so 21 will likely be a wonderful jumping on point. Then again, if you don't mind jumping into a long-running plot, the next issue starts the writer's last arc.

Justice League: Get the Throne of Atlantis story. It's been fantastic! It crosses over with Aquaman (also a fantastic title written by the same writer) so get the tie-in issues from that title. The prelude issue in Aquaman (issue 14 I believe) isn't entirely necessary but it's a good read that sets up the event, and it's mostly a stand-alone issue. It was good enough that it got me buying Aquaman ongoing, and I've never cared about Aquaman in my life. I'm officially caught up on that title and am loving it.

I don't read the others that you mentioned so I can't comment, but Batman's been great. Batman & Robin has also been good, though I might have to drop it due to financnes Also, though it's a couple issues away from a good "jumping on point", Justice League Dark has been good as well with fantastic art.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and

Last edited by JewishHobbit; 02-12-2013 at 06:41 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:45 AM   #246
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
If you want to start Green Lantern, wait until after issue 20. The writer...is leaving

http://myth-smith.com/
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:54 AM   #247
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
Yeah, that ws announced yesterday. I'm sad because Johns has had a fantastic run, but he peaked on the title at Blackest Night and it's been mediocre with spirts of good and bad ever since.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
Old 02-12-2013, 07:06 AM   #248
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

He peaked at Sinestro Corps War, IMO.

http://myth-smith.com/
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:04 AM   #249
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

I think Johns' momentum and quality started great in Rebirth and just continued to build momentum, spiking with Sinestro Corps War, and then just kept intensifying until it exploded during Blackest Night. I felt like his "story" peaked there and that it's just sorta been coasting ever since. It sorta stalled for a while and then started gaining steam when Sinestro became a Green Lantern again but this Simon Baz stuff's just derailed it.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
Old 02-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #250
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Yes, he peaked with SCW, but GL has still continued to be one of the better books DC publishes, with strong in-book continuity and a great focus on quality artwork. Having all of that thrown into question for the first time in 9 years is not something I'm looking forward to - especially with Bob Harras calling the shots nowadays.