The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 06:27 AM   #251
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 7

OH look whos back with more essays and BS.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 02-04-2013, 06:56 AM   #252
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Worse chances than actually realizing I'm referencing the exact same storylines and issues over and over again and know exactly where some of this is leading. But can't say all of it. I have to cast doubt on myself as part of my tricks to keep too many people from reading it all... Or worse yet remembering and believing it all years before it happens... counting on memory to work against some of you, and for me at the same time. So that you forget the specifics...

That's actually not what I want, you to remember it all.
That would be bad.
If i did explain it all in a way that could be easier understood by many.
Instead of just implying things like the connection between Sterns, Red hulk, Red Skull, and Planet Hulk happening between movies... not an actual Planet Hulk movie. But as I've said certain parts of the plan are interchangeable.
These are parts where I've purposely had to follow their model and leave confusion.
Certain parts aren't interchangeable and are set in stone now until we end phase 3 that will form the backbone of a lot of the connections...

If Cabe is in this, then I'm afraid I have to maybe be the first to say
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The gauntlet will be involved in Avengers 2 for sure, and this has narrowed some of the alternate possibilities jaqua was saying I told him about down.I did tell him it could only be Cabe or Wasp as Szostak, but I haven't said here yet that Cabe is for sure working for Sword--even if Tony hasn't found out yet. She's not Shield, Szostak's character is so secretive because whoever she is, right now, she's associated with Sword and has been driven away from AIM and Shield..., I don't know for sure if the test screening info is true or not yet. That could be someone correctly guessing Cabe is one of the two ways that particular character could go... One poster also convinced me she could be Brand. Most likely a combination of Abigail Brand and Cabe if it is Cabe though...

It's a phase, all part in a plan and ever changing.

If I had been privy to all of the original concepts that my source was it would be a different story. As it stands I can only correctly recall what he told me, which I've mulled over in my head, and repeated in between a lot of my extra stuff... i have a semi-eidetic memory that's a curse and a blessing at the same time. There's another class called eidetickers. Some of the stuff my source saw were actual design concepts being planned for stuff closer to now... If I had personally been there, and not going through his memory of things, I wouldn't have to guess as much. But I can recall and look at everything he refuses to tell me multiple ways and store it in general terms in my head to connect much of it together for a lot of the different character concepts that have been looked at and everything else my source has shared with me. The hints and general stuff as well as the specifics he's willing to share, remember it and look at it in different ways to provide some of the details, in between my own detailed speculation...

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 02-04-2013 at 07:43 AM. Reason: little drunk still
Old 02-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #253
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyfan93 View Post

So guys...first of all...what if he doesn't save everyone? That'd be dark!

Second, despite if he saves everyone or not, that plane just combusted. There had to be other substantially important people on it that just died with that explosion. And it's coming down. Iron Man can't save these 14 people AND the plane so...****.
"Substantially important people on that plane...." You mean, like, The President of the United States of America? Since that *was* his plane and all.

Yes, The Prez gets assassinated in this movie. Unless he's one of the 14 people in midair.

Also, take a look at that explosion in the Grauman's Chinese Theatre scene. Doesn't look like a typical bomb going off ---- more like some kind of nuclear or fusion bomb creating a tiny nova-like effect. I'm thinking that's tied to the image we saw in an earlier trailer of the two people (father and young child?) flash-painted onto the wall like the "Hiroshima lovers" effect.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #254
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
"Substantially important people on that plane...." You mean, like, The President of the United States of America? Since that *was* his plane and all.

Yes, The Prez gets assassinated in this movie. Unless he's one of the 14 people in midair.

Also, take a look at that explosion in the Grauman's Chinese Theatre scene. Doesn't look like a typical bomb going off ---- more like some kind of nuclear or fusion bomb creating a tiny nova-like effect. I'm thinking that's tied to the image we saw in an earlier trailer of the two people (father and young child?) flash-painted onto the wall like the "Hiroshima lovers" effect.
If the president dies in this, they can then get away with showing the president in future films without being inconsistent with the real life president like most Hollywood films. Like an alternate future where Obama died in AF1.

Yeah, that explosion that went off near the Chinese Theater didn't look like any regular explosion.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #255
protocida
Side-Kick

I believe the President is kidnapped.

And I read somewhere some of the people falling are Secret Service agents, and they tell Iron Man to save the civillians and accept to die for their safety.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #256
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
i believe the president is kidnapped.

And i read somewhere some of the people falling are secret service agents, and they tell iron man to save the civillians and accept to die for their safety.

iobama!?

Old 02-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #257
protocida
Side-Kick

I believe William Sadler is playing the President.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #258
eddy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRangerPrimeNYC View Post
Like an alternate future where Obama died in AF1.

They're not going to do that. No way. Other than that clip of Obama's WH press secretary I think(?) there hasn't been any reference who the President is in the MCU. They probably shouldn't have included that clip in the movie.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #259
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 02-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #260
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Most film makers stay away from references to living Presidents dying unless it's a historical account (Lincoln, Garfield, Kennedy).

I remember there was a fictional "documentary" about G.W. Bush being assasinated as a result of the war on terror, and it caused much controvery and outrage from both parties, because no film had depicted the fictional death of a real character.

I think it's best in these movies to have fictitional Presidents. I didn't like it having Obama and Bush in the Transformer movies, as I don't think real world Politics has any place in a popcorn film.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #261
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Reposting from last thread.

List of spoilers from that /co/ thread.

-Coldblood is pretty much a goon who ****s **** up for the Mandarin and is infused with the Extremis virus
-Jack Taggert doesn't turn into Firepower but infiltrates the USAF and steals Rhodes' Iron Patriot armor as part of The Mandarin's plan to start war by framing Rhodes with a terrorist attack on China
-Radioactive Man is not in the film
-Pepper technically doesn't don the Rescue armor but she does briefly wear an armor that Tony assimilates onto her using the Extremis with various old pieces of armor lying around to help her escape captivity
-Most of the new 40 armors are drones with the same color scheme as the Mark XLVII, but the deep space armor gets some attention and there appears to be a prototype Hulkbuster in Tony's work shop.
-Tony wears the Mark XLVII throughout the entire film except for the final battle wear he does something unique with different parts of armor from other suits
-Extremis works pretty much like in the comics
-Tony seeks out Extremis because of his emotional scars from the Avengers
-The Avengers are mentioned and we hear their voices in a dream sequence but we don't see them
-Stephanie Szostak is Bethany Cabe

Less spoiler-y stuff:

-SHIELD has a minimal presence in the film
-The Mandarin is pretty humorous and his rings really do cool things, not magic like in the comics though
-The movie is funnier than the trailers let on. About 70% serious 30% funny
-Most of the major plot points have been revealed by Marvel already, we just didn't realize it

He also says that the film has more of a sense of urgency than Iron Man 2.
I find this all to sound very reasonable. This is looking like a great film!

Old 02-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #262
Rorschach2012
$

Wow. Thats gotta be one of the best trailers Ive ever seen. The first part is hilarious, and the scene in the air looks like itll be one of the most insane scenes of any Marvel movie. This movie is going to be huge, it honestly looks like the best of the franchise.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #263
UnionJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Wow. Thats gotta be one of the best trailers Ive ever seen. The first part is hilarious, and the scene in the air looks like itll be one of the most insane scenes of any Marvel movie. This movie is going to be huge, it honestly looks like the best of the franchise.
I think you might have had just a little too much Red Bull before watching.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #264
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
I think you might have had just a little too much Red Bull before watching.
I agree with him about this looking like the best of the Iron Man films.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #265
UnionJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I agree with him about this looking like the best of the Iron Man films.
Well it sure can't be worse than the second. Thankfully the clown Justin Theroux, didn't write this one.

While it is shaping up to be good, that clip really didn't excite me that much, think its because I have seen the BTS pics of that clip. Rather have seen something totally new and unexpected.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:32 AM   #266
hatebox
Side-Kick

Whatever they were going for with the extended SB spot, it didn't work. But I'm still anticipating the movie.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:37 AM   #267
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Well it sure can't be worse than the second. Thankfully the clown Justin Theroux, didn't write this one.

While it is shaping up to be good, that clip really didn't excite me that much, think its because I have seen the BTS pics of that clip. Rather have seen something totally new and unexpected.

Yeah, the Super Bowl spot didn't show me much that I hadn't already seen, but when you put all the trailers and pieces together, it looks like it's gonna blow IM1 and definitely IM2 out of the water.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #268
Matarreyes
Side-Kick

The spot didn't cater to hardcore superhero comic fans, though. Sorry guys, but every one of you is already primed to watch the movie, and Marvel knows better than preaching to the choir.

The spot was for total IM noobs, IMO. The kind of people who would never discuss the quality CGI of every freezed frame, and have no idea who Firepower is. They are pretty likely to make an offhand comment about the weird "extended look " joke over office coffee, though. And voila, IM3 has itself the opposite of a viral promo.

Pretty genius, if you ask me.

Last edited by Matarreyes; 02-04-2013 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 02-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #269
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:

I actually enjoy IM2, even though it's probably the least of the Marvel Studios films, but not a bad film IMO.

However to your point, I think what's great about this film is it's not limited by having to setup anything. IM1 obviously had to tell the origin story, and as far as that is one of the best examples of this in the genre. The second movie was some what bound to having to setup the framework of the MCU. In the first film, Nick Fury was a bonus credit scene, in IM2 they were trying to draw the elements together, so it somewhat hamstrung the film.

Now all of that is out of the way.

I think that IM3 stands to be the most comic book story we've seen yet in this franchise. He will face his arch nemessis, there's odes to Iron Patriot, even if it's of a different sort than the comic variety. Stark is now wearing Mark 42 armor, so he's been busy perfecting his suits. We will get to see his master aresenal of suits.

There's just so much more freedom to explore things where the other movies were hamstrung.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #270
hatebox
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matarreyes View Post
The spot was for total IM noobs, IMO. The kind of people who would never discuss the quality CGI of every freezed frame, and have no idea who Firepower is. They are pretty likely to make an offhand comment about the weird "extended look " joke over office coffee, though. And voila, IM3 has itself the opposite of a viral promo.
That's sounds extremely optimistic, but it doesn't matter. By May neither the fanboys nor noobs will remember it because there'll be a ton of other marketing.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #271
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 02-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #272
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
They're not going to do that. No way. Other than that clip of Obama's WH press secretary I think(?) there hasn't been any reference who the President is in the MCU. They probably shouldn't have included that clip in the movie.
Meh, I never liked seeing a fictional president in films like in the X-Men Trilogy, Independence Day, 2012, and etc.

I liked how they handled it in the Transformers films somewhat.

But I guess we can assume in the Marvel Cinematic Universe where all these things are happening, history isn't the same as ours and the president lineage in their universe is different.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #273
spund
Side-Kick

I just saw what had to be one of the dumbest comments ever posted on Yahoo. They said that Iron Man saves all 13 people from the plane by having them join hands in 1 big circle, as if that would make them weigh the same as 4.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #274
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by spund View Post
I just saw what had to be one of the dumbest comments ever posted on Yahoo. They said that Iron Man saves all 13 people from the plane by having them join hands in 1 big circle, as if that would make them weigh the same as 4.
That's probably right. The weight shouldn't be a problem. He just doesn't have 13 hands to grab everybody with. But if they all daisy chain themselves together he could slow down enough to land them safely.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #275
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by spund View Post

That's exactly what they do. We've already seen the stunt performed back in July in Wilmington, NC, with 14 people joining hands (and feet, and maybe other appendages), and Tony carrying them all. It's like Cypress Gardens, in the air.

Look it up on Youtube. There were plenty of fans filming the stunt.

Closed Thread