The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Old 02-01-2013, 01:11 AM   #376
Maximus One
Oddball

Default Re: The Official Green Lantern Thread III: Brighter! Greener! Shinier! Lantern...ier.

******** yo

Maximus One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #377
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The Official Green Lantern Thread III: Brighter! Greener! Shinier! Lantern...ier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELL N' SPIDERS View Post
I don't want to see anything like Aya in the comics. I think she works in the show cause she was established from the start, but to try to get her into the show now, would throw everything way off.
Why? She's just a robot that controls GL energy. Granted, they could skip past her identity issues since robots with sentience are pretty common in the comics, but that actually makes it easier to get her in the comics, so...

Old 02-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #378
HELL N' SPIDERS
Spider with a Power Ring

I more meant if they were to try and make her into a leaf supporting character that was always there. She could work fine as a character in corps for a few appearances at a time, but I prefer my comics mostly to be about one hero against everything else at one time.

"The Safe-Word Is Pumpkin"

The Spider With a Power Ring
HELL N' SPIDERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:04 AM   #379
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Huh. I guess you don't read a lot of team comics. Or GL Corps, for that matter.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #380
HELL N' SPIDERS
Spider with a Power Ring

I do read GL: Corps and Justice League, but I don't like them as much as I do the stand alone hero books.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #381
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Entirely too psyched to see Vath Sarn in last week's annual

Old 02-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #382
HELL N' SPIDERS
Spider with a Power Ring

and Soranik Natu is back!! so glad to see her.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #383
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Ah yeah, her too. Sweet to see Guy powered up again. But I agree that this whole event has been a let down, and this First Lantern business probably will be as well.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:00 AM   #384
Maximus One
Oddball

At least Kyle has become a White Lantern. That's kinda dope. Still not as badass as when Sinestro channelled the white light in Blackest Night though.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #385
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Speaking of, I expected Sinestro and Hal to be free by now

Old 02-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #386
Maximus One
Oddball

That's one part I actually like. It'll make their eventual return even better. I just don't get what happens with the guardians now. Those little bastards needa be wiped out and then a council with a representative from each corps needs to be formed. I think the corps trying to somehow work together and govern themselves is a cool idea. The Guardians just needa die already

Old 02-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #387
BigSams50
J! E! T! S! JETS!

I have a feeling the guardians will somehow be redeemed in this First Lantern arc.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #388
HELL N' SPIDERS
Spider with a Power Ring

^^They better not be. I really want Guardian Blood. I'm thinking that the "hidden Guardians" are going to take over after the old guardians get killed or exiled or something.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #389
Maximus One
Oddball

Ugh no more Guardians. Or this event ****. These books were all so good until all the event ********. I want more Indigo Tribe, Larfleeze, Saint Walker, Arkillo. Speaking of, what all exactly happened to all the Sinestro Corps? All the other members, is it totally just Arkillo now? I missed the first few issues of GL since the New 52. I just want all these characters utilized and together in titles without every single thing leading to some big event.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #390
greenlantern248
Side-Kick

Yeah Sinestro and Jordan beat the rest of them on Korogar. Sinestro basically short circuited their rings and knocked them out.

greenlantern248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #391
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELL N' SPIDERS View Post
^^They better not be. I really want Guardian Blood. I'm thinking that the "hidden Guardians" are going to take over after the old guardians get killed or exiled or something.
Yeah, I'm betting on this too. Although, I like Eklypze's council idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
Ugh no more Guardians. Or this event ****. These books were all so good until all the event ********. I want more Indigo Tribe, Larfleeze, Saint Walker, Arkillo. Speaking of, what all exactly happened to all the Sinestro Corps? All the other members, is it totally just Arkillo now? I missed the first few issues of GL since the New 52. I just want all these characters utilized and together in titles without every single thing leading to some big event.
And Mongul! I haven't forgotten!

Old 02-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #392
Maximus One
Oddball

What happened to Superman Prime and Hank Henshaw too? Haven't read anything with them since SCW and they are two of my favorite villains.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:42 PM   #393
MMMMM...Pancakes
SHOCK The World

Henshaw came back in GLC after Blackest Night, no New 52 appearance yet as far as I know. I think he appeared in Reign of Doomsday, but I didn't read it so I'm not positive.

Last I saw of Superboy Prime was in Adventure Comics: Blackest Night.

MMMMM...Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:25 AM   #394
Maximus One
Oddball

Thanx! Those are definitely two characters I wanna see come back. How epic could it be if they brought back Superman Prime and he decided he wanted to take over the Red Lanterns and he like dethrones Atrocitus. Could be dope, love to see Atrocitus face a serious threat not really tied into the other Corps so much. I still love my council idea and they could still have an ambassador or something too kinda how Bleez was in NG. I dunno, I just thing there are some really cool places they could take these character's if they want to. Honestly, Baz had grown on me and I dig Hal and Sinestro being lost in the book of the black or whatever it's just the other stuff that blows, the third army and I'm betting this first lantern stuff won't be much different. Unless we get some kinda big First Lantern vs White Lantern Kyle epic battle or something worth while. I'm not really holding my breath though

Old 02-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #395
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

You lost be at dethroning Atrocitus . Why do people love seeing him challenged for the leadership role of his corps? The poor man's battery is sick

Old 02-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #396
Maximus One
Oddball

Lmao!! I'm just saying man, if there's anybody that can and should come outta hiding to oppose him it's Superman Prime. I'd just like to see Atrocitis really get taken through the ringer though. He's supposed to be such a badass well, ****ing show me him being a total badass then! If he was dethroned think how epic him having to recover and recoup and then retaking his corps and whooping some ass. Hell yea that's a story I wanna read. We need some worthwhile villains in these books. The Guardians as the bad guys just kinda blows (hate em either way though) and the first lantern well, I'm trying to withold judgement till we actually see him do something but I'd still rather see already established villains wreak some well deserved havoc for the various corps. I wanna know what the Indigos have been up to as well, haven't heard a peep out of em really since Hal and Sinestro left Nok

Old 02-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #397
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

He just stopped a coup attempt by Bleez. Now's the time for him to rebuild. Henshaw wouldn't mix well with all the blood magic that Atrocitus has to do all the time.

The Indigos got 500x more interesting once they revealed that they were all horrible people before getting their rings/staves.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:11 AM   #398
Maximus One
Oddball

Agreed about the Indigos. But I wasn't meaning Henshaw to try and dethrone Atrocitus I was meaning Superman Prime. And the coup attempt by Bleez hardly qualifies. I'm talking about Prime coming in and completely stripping Atrocitus of his ring and pretty much beating him within an inch of his life. Then from there would be Atrocitus' quest to recover from his injuries and find a way to take on Red Lantern Prime and reestablish himself as the baddest mother****er around. All I'm saying is I think it could be a damn good story, plus we would get a ton of brutal moments from Prime. I just really like the character and am spitballing a way to get him back into the universe in an eventful and ruthless way. It'd be easy to believe that he would be filled with tremendous rage and hate with what happened to his own universe. Course I guess Infinite Crisis never happened now yet SCW still did. Smh

Old 02-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #399
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Superboy Prime sucks.

Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #400
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

He's all grown up now too, and has luxurious hair lol