The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #601
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
hhahaha yes!!! Surtur has grown on you huh?
Yeah, you could say that! Happened around the time I hit 1000 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I bet we get only get Algrim images/footage before the movie comes out, I can't really see them releasing Kurse footage/images before the release since he seems to be such a big factor in this storyline and they don't want the general public to know whats coming.. then again I could be 100% wrong lol. I personally don't want to see him until the film.
Another factor is that it will probably take them a while to finish up all the special effects enhancements that likely will contribute to Kurse's look. So even if they do plan to release an image of him, it likely will be a while.

But I agree with you all that they likely will save it for the film itself, 'cause it's more exciting that way!

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 02-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #602
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Yeah, that's what would surprise me a bit about Surtur appearing too, since I'd think they'd save him for Ragnarok and Thor 3, and usually they like to hold back a "big reveal" because that's what'll bring people into the theaters. However, I suppose they could have him there but not really show him, and heighten the suspense/anticipating that way.
I think he would have a presence. He probably won't be "in" the movie. I think we are all past that. I just think he will be pulling the strings, and will be behind the scenes, the appear in the after credit scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Yeah, you could say that! Happened around the time I hit 1000 posts

Another factor is that it will probably take them a while to finish up all the special effects enhancements that likely will contribute to Kurse's look. So even if they do plan to release an image of him, it likely will be a while.

But I agree with you all that they likely will save it for the film itself, 'cause it's more exciting that way!

Yeah. I would be surprised if we don't see him at all though before the film, surely some trailer

Old 02-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #603
elizah72
Side-Kick

well, what I'm saying is if he changes Algrim to Kurse, there will need to be a scene showing that, they could have Malekith explain but that's sort of bad writing to do that. So what you might get is some angle or some way of filming it so you don't really see *what* what changes Algrim to Kurse is, but it'll be implied to be Surtur probably, but you won't get a "full reveal"

Old 02-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #604
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
well, what I'm saying is if he changes Algrim to Kurse, there will need to be a scene showing that, they could have Malekith explain but that's sort of bad writing to do that. So what you might get is some angle or some way of filming it so you don't really see *what* what changes Algrim to Kurse is, but it'll be implied to be Surtur probably, but you won't get a "full reveal"
They don't have to show him changing him. They could show Algrim in muspelheim, and they can show him being like..engulfed in lava or something, then the scene ends. The implication is that SOMETHING in muspelheim changes him. As later on in the movie, it is revealed that Surtur rules muspelheim, then we can just put 2+2 together. I agree, there won't be a "full reveal" till after the credits I would say

Old 02-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #605
elizah72
Side-Kick

I think for the purpose of those who have not read the comics and are not well versed in this world that they may need to be a bit clearer than that, what's going on. It'll seem very random otherwise to those who aren't familiar with all of that, but we'll have to wait and see I guess!

Old 02-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #606
Angel
Side-Kick

Everyone including: Chris,Natalie,Tom,Jaimie,Zach and the others from warrior 3's were all in London before they flew out to US. You'll the evidence.
-So what do you guys think about that?
-What kind of scene are they're doing?

'See 12/13 December'
https://twitter.com/JaimieAlexander

Last edited by Angel; 02-03-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #607
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

They're probably just filming post production pickup scenes for the movie.

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- I'm not the type of person who gets pride from saying, "Look at me." I'd rather take a moment to step back and say to myself, "Look at my baby."
Old 02-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #608
elizah72
Side-Kick

Hm... well this is exciting. Hope it's not a hoax. Someone claiming to have seen a sort of a generic Thor 2 preview in an Italian movie theater, (not the Italian footage that has been talked about before, but if it's true, it's a start! )

see below...

https://twitter.com/ItalianLokiArmy

Unicorns Assemble ‏@ItalianLokiArmy !!! @Otty82 just informed us that she has seen a preview of Thor2 in an italian movie theatre with scenes that looked new. Battle scenes and
Unicorns Assemble@ItalianLokiArmy.other scenes that looked like journeys between worlds !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
they were still "officially" filming at that time. Actually for some reason I remember noticing that Jaimie was coming back to London right around when Zach was leaving around then. LOL

I am curious to see what 2012 Paralympic Games Silver medalist Jon Allan Butterworth was doing there, possible cameo of an injured soldier? Or possibly something for Tyr's missing hand? http://www.j-butterworth.com/ Apparently he met Tom, Jaimie, Chris H., and Natalie the day he was there, per his twitter. (Dec. 13)

Last edited by elizah72; 02-03-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #609
Angel
Side-Kick

Th Confused Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
I dont know.... cuz jaimie and natalie are together in a scene probs, along with chris and tom so i think but im just guessing that maybe they're shooting the finale scene there cuz the producer or something working on the film said that the movie starts and ends on earth???

Old 02-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #610
elizah72
Side-Kick

okay, so stuff is starting to leak in regards to the IM3 trailer, and I'm just posting this here, to point out, that in regards to that, it looks like the Andrew Lawden spoilers are fairly reliable if not 100% correct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JhRPTgfPeXU

Lawden said:
All of them – the President and his men and staff – get sucked out of the plane, and Iron Man rescues them by forming this amazing human chain in the sky.
http://screenrant.com/iron-man-3-tho...-rumors/all/1/

it certainly looks like that's what's going on in that clip.

Last edited by elizah72; 02-03-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #611
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Hm... well this is exciting. Hope it's not a hoax. Someone claiming to have seen a sort of a generic Thor 2 preview in an Italian movie theater, (not the Italian footage that has been talked about before, but if it's true, it's a start! )

see below...

https://twitter.com/ItalianLokiArmy

Unicorns Assemble ‏@ItalianLokiArmy !!! @Otty82 just informed us that she has seen a preview of Thor2 in an italian movie theatre with scenes that looked new. Battle scenes and
Unicorns Assemble@ItalianLokiArmy.other scenes that looked like journeys between worlds !!!

they were still "officially" filming at that time. Actually for some reason I remember noticing that Jaimie was coming back to London right around when Zach was leaving around then. LOL

I am curious to see what 2012 Paralympic Games Silver medalist Jon Allan Butterworth was doing there, possible cameo of an injured soldier? Or possibly something for Tyr's missing hand? http://www.j-butterworth.com/ Apparently he met Tom, Jaimie, Chris H., and Natalie the day he was there, per his twitter. (Dec. 13)
Journey between worlds? Sounds nice!

Old 02-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #612
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
okay, so stuff is starting to leak in regards to the IM3 trailer, and I'm just posting this here, to point out, that in regards to that, it looks like the Andrew Lawden spoilers are fairly reliable if not 100% correct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JhRPTgfPeXU

Lawden said:
All of them the President and his men and staff get sucked out of the plane, and Iron Man rescues them by forming this amazing human chain in the sky.
http://screenrant.com/iron-man-3-tho...-rumors/all/1/

it certainly looks like that's what's going on in that clip.
The human chain scene has been known since summer. There were lots of set pics from NC of the stunt, which was live instead of CGI and looked pretty frickin' amazing. When did Lawden "leak" the Iron Man info: before, or after those set pics from Wilmington?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #613
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
The human chain scene has been known since summer. There were lots of set pics from NC of the stunt, which was live instead of CGI and looked pretty frickin' amazing. When did Lawden "leak" the Iron Man info: before, or after those set pics from Wilmington?
The interview on Bombad radio was posted Oct 20. So you are saying the human chain thing was known about that prior to that? (haven't been following the IM3 spoilers too closely so I have no idea, but I thought for some reason that was the first anyone heard of it)
http://thegungancouncil.podbean.com/...andrew-lawden/

edit: well I see there was something about a sky rescue prior to that, but not sure about "human chain" specifically. anyway, I guess I'm just trying to see what he has right on IM3, so we know whether or not the Thor 2 stuff is going to be on the nose, or anywhere near it.

Last edited by elizah72; 02-03-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #614
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Hoping there is still plenty of Sif, considering they had to cut at least one fight scene with her.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #615
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
The interview on Bombad radio was posted Oct 20. So you are saying the human chain thing was known about that prior to that? (haven't been following the IM3 spoilers too closely so I have no idea, but I thought for some reason that was the first anyone heard of it)
http://thegungancouncil.podbean.com/...andrew-lawden/

edit: well I see there was something about a sky rescue prior to that, but not sure about "human chain" specifically. anyway, I guess I'm just trying to see what he has right on IM3, so we know whether or not the Thor 2 stuff is going to be on the nose, or anywhere near it.
The videos of the human chain stunt went up on July 17, the day they filmed it. There's plenty of them scattered across Youtube.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-03-2013, 10:30 PM   #616
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

Quote:
And that is the footage they were showing during the Superbowl incidentally.

- I'm not the type of person who gets pride from saying, "Look at me." I'd rather take a moment to step back and say to myself, "Look at my baby."
Old 02-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #617
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
And that is the footage they were showing during the Superbowl incidentally.
yeah. The point is though, that even though Lawden did correctly talk about it, it's been known since before he first released his "spoilers" or whatever

Old 02-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #618
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

Hmmm...I really haven't paid much attention to the spoilers for Ironman 3.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:33 PM   #619
elizah72
Side-Kick

Me, neither apparently. HA!

Old 02-04-2013, 02:27 AM   #620
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

me either, until the last month or so lol. But Sam is more than a credible guy. If he says it's the case, it probably is

Old 02-04-2013, 06:11 AM   #621
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
The videos of the human chain stunt went up on July 17, the day they filmed it. There's plenty of them scattered across Youtube.

That stunt looked amazing, though I remember quite a few people saying "Oh, noes, that's gonna look stupid," when they saw the videos. The footage in the ad was spectacular.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-04-2013, 06:24 AM   #622
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

You know, I was just thinking based upon the plot blurb for Thor 2 It should be titled Thor: Thanks A Lot For Screwing The Universe Over Loki.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:34 AM   #623
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
me either, until the last month or so lol. But Sam is more than a credible guy. If he says it's the case, it probably is
Well maybe Mr. Sam can take a look at the IM3 spoilers from Lawden sometime and tell us if anything he said there was new at the time and is looking to be correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
That stunt looked amazing, though I remember quite a few people saying "Oh, noes, that's gonna look stupid," when they saw the videos. The footage in the ad was spectacular.
It's pretty amazing what they can do in post production.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:47 AM   #624
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Quote:
You know, I was just thinking based upon the plot blurb for Thor 2 It should be titled Thor: Thanks A Lot For Screwing The Universe Over Loki.
Yeah Loki! Freakin bringing Thanos and all this cosmic trouble jeez!

Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #625
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Yeah Loki! Freakin bringing Thanos and all this cosmic trouble jeez!
Let's not forget about how he's bringing Malekith into this whole mess as if Thanos isn't destructive enough. I'd love to see a cleaver video editor turn Loki's character arc into a family sitcom.

Closed Thread