The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 11:44 PM   #776
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

The only mention of X4 was Schuller-Donner talking big about it after X3... But that literally means nothing. There's been more talk about a Deadpool movie and we haven't seen anything about that at all.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:56 PM   #777
night0205
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
The only mention of X4 was Schuller-Donner talking big about it after X3... But that literally means nothing. There's been more talk about a Deadpool movie and we haven't seen anything about that at all.
Actually Donner talked about it in 2011... I little bit after X3. 5 years actually.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:59 PM   #778
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

She also mentioned it in 2006, and talked about characters like Iceman and Kitty taking the spotlight.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #779
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
I remember when X3 came out talk of 3 spin-off's...a Wolverine, a Magneto, and a mystery 3rd film focused on "young" X-Men which eventually became First Class (which also used elements of the Mag's film)......

......I'm vouching for psylockolussus, there was lots of chatter when X3 came out about future films...
There has always been chatter about possibilities and movies in development, but I don't believe Fox ever "clearly stated" they were going to do a couple of spin-offs and then X-Men 4, as though the past 7 years have all just been part of the plan. The past 7 years have been Fox chasing whatever works, and we still have no idea what is going on with X-Men 4.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:22 AM   #780
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Yeah, BHM is right. Producers talking is one thing but nothing was ever official. Producers talk A LOT of crap, especially when Fox is concerned. How many projects have we heard from them in the last 8 years that never eventuated? How many things are they STILL talking about that haven't eventuated? F4? Daredevil? Deadpool?

Old 02-04-2013, 12:46 AM   #781
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Yeah, BHM is right. Producers talking is one thing but nothing was ever official. Producers talk A LOT of crap, especially when Fox is concerned. How many projects have we heard from them in the last 8 years that never eventuated? How many things are they STILL talking about that haven't eventuated? F4? Daredevil? Deadpool?

Old 02-04-2013, 12:49 AM   #782
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Thanks for your contribution to the discussion.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #783
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Fox doesn't even have Daredevil anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 02-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #784
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Exactly, because they never got around to actually MAKING the movie, despite producers saying it was on the cards.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #785
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Yeah they need to really get it together. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 02-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #786
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
when one of the main producers of this franchise says after FC release that there is a X4 treatment sent to Fox, and more than likely written by Bryan Singer..... well, something is clearly going on, and its not the same scenario as back in 2006.

XOWolverine didnt perform as big as the studio would have liked, so thats why the other spin-offs havent gotten the greenlight yet, and taking into account that Green lantern wasnt a hit, the Deadpool spinoff lost importance on the studio, as we have seen all these years.

And at the same time, Deadpool doesnt have the same potential wordlwide as a possible X4, thats why the studio could be having serious discussions about it, making it a priority over Deadpool or another spin-off.

This Bryan Singer return to the franchise isnt just because of Matthew departure. Some stuff must be going on in Fox offices since last year

Last edited by Angamb; 02-04-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #787
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Ummm... Fantastic Four has a director and is slated for a 2015 release.

That's if you're talking about Fantastic Four, since I'm used to be being called FF and not F4.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #788
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
There has always been chatter about possibilities and movies in development, but I don't believe Fox ever "clearly stated" they were going to do a couple of spin-offs and then X-Men 4, as though the past 7 years have all just been part of the plan. The past 7 years have been Fox chasing whatever works, and we still have no idea what is going on with X-Men 4.
They might not even confirmed doing X-Men 4 during that time but there was no reason that FOX wasn't confident with making a X-Men 4 movie that they didn't greenlight it. FOX was confident with the franchise that they were willing to do a couple spin-offs instead of making a direct sequel to Last Stand right away.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 02-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #789
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Thanks for your contribution to the discussion.
No need to get sassy. I was simply expressing my dismay over the fact that we haven't got a Deadpool film.

Old 02-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #790
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Lol, sassy. That's such a funny word. Perfect visual representation right here.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 02-04-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #791
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
when one of the main producers of this franchise says after FC release that there is a X4 treatment sent to Fox, and more than likely written by Bryan Singer..... well, something is clearly going on, and its not the same scenario as back in 2006.
when was it mentioned that singer wrote it?

singer was onboard first class as director which he had a hand in writing and then become producer and then vaughn had a hand in writing DOFP then it wasn't that long ago that vaughn left handing over the directing job to singer...so when did singer take it apon himself to write Xmen 4?

i don't see why singer would do that while the prequels were still on the cards

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 02-04-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #792
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

personally i think FOX will wait till after this film to make a decision about its future

Old 02-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #793
def28
Side-Kick

DOFP could have been the X4 they were talking about awhile back.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #794
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

DOFP was their concept for X4 since it seems like Lauren Shuler Donner really wanted it to adapt in the movie. When she was asked about X4, she brought up DOFP. I could be wrong though.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 02-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #795
Angamb
Banned User

Ive been thinking about this lately....

since Lauren and Singer wanted DOFP since a long time ago, at one point they had to realize that they needed a different cast for the scenes in the past (or an older cast for the scenes in the future, in case they wanted original actors as present timeline)

But... since Fox wanted a young x-men spinoff...... what if Bryan and Lauren agreed to do FC as the preparation for DOFP, and that X4 treatment is the very next step after this sequel?

what if this was the plan since day one? at least by Lauren and Singer

Old 02-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #796
def28
Side-Kick

My guess is this.

FC was already in the making by the time X4 rumors were going around. X4 was originally intended to be DOFP,possibly without FC in mind. During FC, Brian found away of using FC with DOFP.

I still dont get why people insist on calling a non X3 follow up X4. That time is done.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #797
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
since Lauren and Singer wanted DOFP since a long time ago, at one point they had to realize that they needed a different cast for the scenes in the past (or an older cast for the scenes in the future, in case they wanted original actors as present timeline)

But... since Fox wanted a young x-men spinoff...... what if Bryan and Lauren agreed to do FC as the preparation for DOFP, and that X4 treatment is the very next step after this sequel?

what if this was the plan since day one? at least by Lauren and Singer
Well that sounds really smart and creative. They just didn't create the First Class movie to show things that happened in the past but to also eventually connect it to the original cast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
My guess is this.

FC was already in the making by the time X4 rumors were going around. X4 was originally intended to be DOFP,possibly without FC in mind. During FC, Brian found away of using FC with DOFP.

I still dont get why people insist on calling a non X3 follow up X4. That time is done.
Its not yet done until its over. There are a lot of movie franchises out there that it took them a long time to do the fourth movie.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 02-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #798
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Well that sounds really smart and creative. They just didn't create the First Class movie to show things that happened in the past but to also eventually connect it to the original cast.
to me Singer came back to Fox with the FC script because he wanted to have at least one final movie with his cast, since he didnt had the chance back in 2006, but since Fox wanted other thing around 2009, he came with the idea of the prequel set in the 60's, to develop some of the characters he worked with and to connect it later to DOFP and finally do X4 right after.

Seems like a long/risky plan, I know, and probably some fans wont think this way, but if this is really the case, yeah, its a smart plan.

FC expanded the x-men universe, and now Fox has the chance to keep expanding it with any of the two casts or both.

Last edited by Angamb; 02-04-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #799
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

during the time First class was released singer felt they could do sequels in the 70s and 80s and vaughn said something about keeping it in the 60s during JFK assassination, so id say no plans had been made at that time

and DOFP could have been done without the prequel, they could just have said it 20 years after the last stand with older versions of rogue,iceman wolverine ect ect in a dark future and kitty has to go back in time fix it

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 02-04-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #800
Marv
Banned User

Quote:
to me Singer came back to Fox with the FC script because he wanted to have at least one final movie with his cast, since he didnt had the chance back in 2006, but since Fox wanted other thing around 2009, he came with the idea of the prequel set in the 60's, to develop some of the characters he worked with and to connect it later to DOFP and finally do X4 right after.

Seems like a really long plan, and probably some fans wont think this way, but if this is really the case, yeah, its a smart plan.

FC expanded the x-men universe, and now Fox has the chance to keep expanding it with any of the two casts or both.
It doesn't make sense to make a direct sequel to X3 now. Specially when the events of Days of Future Past will change the events that transpired in the original trilogy. This movie represents the closest we'll get to an "X4" in that it reunites the cast of X3 in a supporting nature.

It's not even a question of "why?" would the studio want to make a sequel to X3 but rather "How?" could they do it now that the timeline where X3 existed has been altered by the events of Days of Future Past.

Closed Thread