Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #551
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMasterCBM View Post
He deserves one, just whether Marvel will give him one is another question. If TWS sucks or bombs (or both), and Evans' enthusiasm towards the character gets lower and lower, I don't know whether they'll give him a third movie over new characters like BP and continuing to enlarge their cosmic universe.
I really don't know what Evans' feelings towards the character are, but Cap is one of those characters who is "too big to fail." He's vitally important to the Avengers, and is usually depicted as the de facto leader (even though it's a democratically-elected office)....Joss steered in that direction by the end of Avengers 1 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
Not to mention it looks as if they are going all in on TDW TWS. And Iron Man is any indication maybe two movies is all you need for these characters if there is cross over movies like The Avengers.
How do TDW and TWS look like "all-in"? If anything, TDW is just the set-up for Surtur and the Twilight Sword saga in Thor 3, and as we get more info, we'll probably see that TWS sets up a continuing saga for Cap 3.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-04-2013, 11:37 AM   #552
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded

I didn't mean to write this much, but ended up doing so. Some of my ideas for how this Planet Hulk / World War Hulk 'scoop' could work.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Here’s how I could see it playing out:

• End of the Avengers 2, Banner is sent into Space to investigate some potentially dangerous gamma rays around a satellite. We don’t physically see him leave in the film.
• Planet Hulk, Banner leaves, is in space. Whilst investigating, the Council activate some controls that send Banner’s ship spiralling out of control, and with technology similar to Iron Man’s deep space suit, shoots out across the Galaxy. Banner hulks out whilst this is happening from stress.
• The ship smashes into an alien planet, Sakaar. Hulk smashes out of his ship, and is confronted by guards. They fight him, and Hulk fights back. More guards eventually overwhelm him, and Hulk is taken.
• Banner awakens in a cell, where he meets other gladiators. This is where we’re introduced to the members of the Warbound. Banner is informed he will have to fight gladiator battles for the ‘Red King’. Guards eventually come, provoke Banner. He Hulks out, and is then sent out into the arena. He fights various foes. Basically from this point on the story can follow the basic Planet Hulk story. The pact is formed between him and the other gladiators.
• Here’s where we could change the story. Obviously Marvel can’t use the Silver Surfer because of Fox. However, I feel his role should be replaced with ‘the Other’, who at some point was sent to this planet to find one of the gems in Thanos’ quest for all six infinity gems for the gauntlet. The Red King is in possession of one. Hulk breaks the obedience disk on the Other (who reveals he was never truly under the Red King’s control) but however can now contact Thanos, as he is ‘free’. HE is then the one to offer to bring Hulk back to Earth, under certain conditions. However Hulk, carried away from the battle, declines to leave, whereas Banner would have. The Other then escapes. The Warbound go on the run from the Red King, who actively hunts them after they escape. Continue normal Planet Hulk story.
• This idea isn’t actually my own, it was first mentioned I believe in the Iron Man 3 thread, but I liked it. The Red King is revealed to be the Red Skull, who was transported to Sakaar after his fight with Captain America in CA:TFA. He enslaved the people and created an empire, just like he’d wanted to rule Earth. Of course if Red Skull shows up at some point before this, the Red King will be someone else. They have an Infinity Gem. Hulk defeats the Red King, and the people all wish to appoint him new king. The Other then confronts Hulk again. He demands the gem. They fight, and the other places a reprogramed Obedience Disk on Hulk. The escapes Sakaar and takes Hulk with him.
• In the ending scenes, we see Hulk in a distant galaxy. HE is then confronted by Thanos, who manipulates him into believing that the Council had since him leaving destroyed Sakaar, and that it was the Avengers who had agreed to this plan. Having angered the Hulk Thanos then uses the Obedience Disk to control Hulk.

And this is where it would lead into The Avengers 3. Rather than full on WWH, we’d get elements of it.

• Thanos sends Hulk back to Earth. Hulk, still under Thanos’ influence, attacks the Avengers and the council, causing chaos. He defeats both, destroying the council completely. This draws Thor to Earth, allowing Thanos to invade Asgard, and steal the Gauntlet. He then places the gems into it, and then we have our Infinity Gauntlet story. Hulk will eventually be contained and told that Thanos had manipulated him, Thor learns of the gauntlet being stolen, and then we have Avengers vs. Thanos for the rest of the film.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #553
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

^So, basically reducing Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet story to the second half of Avengers 3? A third reel climax? Don't think so.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #554
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
^So, basically reducing Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet story to the second half of Avengers 3? A third reel climax? Don't think so.
Still pretty imaginative if you ask me. We know how Hollywood likes to shoe-horn these major arcs in the final act. Two-Face, Dark Pheonix, Venom. It is what it is.

You can't do an Avengers vs Hulk movie, but you can certainly do it as an opening sequence. Preferably save the Infinite Guantlet for another trilogy. Maybe they do both films back to back. POTC, Harry Potter, LOTR, and now Avatar doing the same things.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #555
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded

Quote:
Dind't mean that. Have Hulk's return and Thanos' aquisition of the Gauntlet in the first act. Second act onward would be Thanos' attack.

I'm certain that Thanos will be in Avengers 2 as well, so I'm sure he'll have plenty of time to shine.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #556
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I'm almost certain Thanos will have the Gauntlet in A2. They've already done the MCU version of the Cosmic Cube, and he couldn't get his hands on it. Now he's moving on to courting Death. A3 probably won't have much if anything to do with Thanos himself.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #557
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

So just to clarify, was the PH and WWH scoops meant to be the answer to these various clues from before (eg the diamond hand shape, the air force thing and the comic covers etc)? If so, how does it fulfill all those criteria?

Old 02-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #558
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
So just to clarify, was the PH and WWH scoops meant to be the answer to these various clues from before (eg the diamond hand shape, the air force thing and the comic covers etc)? If so, how does it fulfill all those criteria?
-Clue 1: Illuminati
-Clue 2: Air craft
-Clue 3: Hulk was one of the character in the picture and the Planet Hulk/WWH graphic novels are all sold out
-Clue 4: Space

Old 02-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #559
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
I'm putting a lot of stock in this. Mayimbe's never really been wrong before. Dude has a track record. Yes, he's proud of that because that's his game.
are you going by word of mouth? He's never been wrong because he writes his articles shortly after something is announced. A lot of articles cite another website that confirms it. However, when it comes to scoops like, saying soemthing that isn't announced, eh, not nearly as impressive. The black panther scoop was false. However, he has "his good record" to back it up.
the work of a good con artist.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #560
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
are you going by word of mouth? He's never been wrong because he writes his articles shortly after something is announced. A lot of articles cite another website that confirms it. However, when it comes to scoops like, saying soemthing that isn't announced, eh, not nearly as impressive. The black panther scoop was false. However, he has "his good record" to back it up.
the work of a good con artist.
The Black Panther thing wasn't false, Marvel later prioritized Guardians ahead of it because then they could expand on Thanos and it would tie in better to Avengers 2.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #561
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
The Black Panther thing wasn't false, Marvel later prioritized Guardians ahead of it because then they could expand on Thanos and it would tie in better to Avengers 2.

he said it would be the second movie of 2014...so..it was false lol

Old 02-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #562
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Whether they planned it or not, it was still false. I'm sure they'd like to do Black Panther at some point and still would like to do it, but the scoop still panned out as false.

- CM Punk
Old 02-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #563
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Whether they planned it or not, it was still false. I'm sure they'd like to do Black Panther at some point and still would like to do it, but the scoop still panned out as false.
exactly. they WANT to do an inhumans movie. If I wrote a scoop saying they will be in phase 2..like last summer, and it turned out to be false, would it somehow be credible just because they want/have plans to do it? no.

his scoop was that BP was second movie of 2014. and it was false

Old 02-05-2013, 07:00 AM   #564
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

If Del Toro doesn't handle that Heaven Sent movie for WB, then Marvel should have him do a Midnight Sons movie starring Strange, Namor, Blade, Man-Thing, Moon Knight, Jennifer Kale, Daimon Hellstrom, Ghost Rider(if they have the rights by then) and Werewolf by Night. I think Brother Voodoo and Clea should be involved in some capacity as well.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 02-05-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #565
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
If Del Toro doesn't handle that Heaven Sent movie for WB, then Marvel should have him do a Midnight Sons movie starring Strange, Namor, Blade, Man-Thing, Moon Knight, Jennifer Kale, Diamon Hellstrom, Ghost Rider(if they have the rights by then) and Werewolf by Night. I think Brother Voodoo and Clea should be involved in some capacity as well.
I'd love to see that, and I'd love to see GDT work with Marvel in *any* capacity; however, keep in mind that Marvel are currently keeping him in a holding pattern over his Hulk TV show. The show is vaporware for now, and Del Toro has said that he turned in his pilot script already and is still waiting to hear back. Ball's in their court. It'd be a damn shame for Marvel to waste good talent like that when it's right there on their doorstep.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #566
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
I'd love to see that, and I'd love to see GDT work with Marvel in *any* capacity; however, keep in mind that Marvel are currently keeping him in a holding pattern over his Hulk TV show. The show is vaporware for now, and Del Toro has said that he turned in his pilot script already and is still waiting to hear back. Ball's in their court. It'd be a damn shame for Marvel to waste good talent like that when it's right there on their doorstep.
That's true. I doubt that Hulk show's happening anytime soon, but it has more of a chance than the Midnight Sons at this point.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #567
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

GdT is a very, very busy director, attached to 5 or 6 movie projects at the same time. As much as I love those of his movies that actually happen, a lot of them never will be made (see: The Hobbit or Frankenstein) and to hire him is a big potentially risk

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 02-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #568
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

GTD's so busy though. And I want At the Mountains of Madness. I'd even sacrifice a Midnight Sons flick to get it.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #569
glass-robot
Newbie First Class

Not sure how DC/Warners Bros will compete with these Marvel Cinematic Universe movies.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #570
Mr. Dent
Banned User

They'll find a way. Unlike most people I think a JL movie can work, since DC comics aren't nearly as tie-in heavy as Marvel comics anyway. It would be representation of the difference between the two in the comics on the big screen.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #571
metaphysician
Side-Kick

That requires they be able to make *individual* good movies, though. Aside from Nolan, they do not have a good track record.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #572
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

https://maskofreason.wordpress.com/2...-the-avengers/

I don't know if people have read this but the gist of it is that Loki planned to get captured by the Avengers so he could get sent back to Asgard to try to take over and rule and that he is *possibly* going to give the IG to Thanos.

I would say if this was Whedon's game plan then it's perfect because it set's everything up so nicely for Thanos. Plus from the spoilers we've been given about Thor 2 I could see a ending or post-credit scene in where during the attack on Asgard the IG was stolen and given to Thanos leading to him in GotG and A2

Old 02-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #573
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamLantern View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wgxxr0yfvc
With the planning of the upcoming 'Venom' movie, I am still unsure if it will be either a spin-off of Sam Raimi's stand alone 'Spider-Man' trilogy, a stand alone film, a spin off of 'The Amazing Spider-Man' (as Chris Zylka has expressed interest in portraying the Flash Thompson version of Venom), or even an extension of the MCU. I made this trailer in support of the film, its my first video so I'd appreciate any feedback
I'm 100% sure it won't be an extension of the MCU

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 02-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #574
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I'm highly dubious it will ever get made.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:45 AM   #575
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I agree. It's like the Deadpool movie.