The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Old 01-29-2013, 09:09 AM   #26
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Default Re: Brad Bird Directing "1952"

With Lindelof's involvement, I would bea shocked if it wasn't a sci-fi story inspired by the attraction.

CConn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:06 AM   #27
Octoberist
point blank

I hope to God that if this is indeed based on Tommorowland, I hope it's based on the 'retro-futurism' of the 50's/60's, where they were envisioning the future with the knowledge they knew from said era.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:07 AM   #28
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
It's either a "making of" regarding Disneyworld/land or an adaptation of the Tomorrowland section of the park. I secretly hope it's the latter because you know Bird will basically do it in a retro "what they thought the future would be like in the 50s" style.
Exactly. Kinda like the setting in The Incredibles.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:31 AM   #29
CGHulk
Green Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
I hope to God that if this is indeed based on Tommorowland, I hope it's based on the 'retro-futurism' of the 50's/60's, where they were envisioning the future with the knowledge they knew from said era.
This!

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
CGHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:42 AM   #30
Octoberist
point blank

Now if we're right and Tommorowland is being based on the attraction/land, then I'm thinking this is WHY Jon Fav's 'Magic Kingdom' got delayed. While they could be different in concept, they are still both ingrained with the same DNA.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #31
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

I don't think that's the reason. I don't see how it having the same DNA as Bird's movie would hinder it anyway, since Disney loves pumping out princess movies in a similar manner. If anything, that would help Disney because the movies would get more people to visit Tomorrowland and the Magic Kingdom.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #32
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

The delay in Magic Kingdom is just in locking the best script down. That was recently stated in an interview somewhere.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #33
dark_b
Side-Kick

cowboys & aliens was a big bomb. thats why it is delayed. if the movie would made a profit Kingdom would be realesed in 2013 or 2014.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #34
Octoberist
point blank

Dark B,

I think that's a part of it though I hope it comes out in 2016 with or without Jon Favs.

Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #35
dark_b
Side-Kick

Jon Fav is good with comedy and fun adventure scenes. it would be interesting to watch a movie from him.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #36
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Yeah, interesting. Like Cowboys & Aliens and Zathura. Yeah. Interesting.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:38 AM   #37
Octoberist
point blank

I really think that Jon Favs made a mistake doing 'Cowboys and Aliens' and I don't say stuff like that too often. I think his career is stagnant, and I wonder if he was even a real contender for Star Wars at all. I feel bad for him.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #38
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

He was so excited for that movie, too. I fell asleep in the theater trying to watch it.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #39
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Worse for me. After seeing it, I went to see Conan the Barbarian (2011).

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:06 AM   #40
Octoberist
point blank

Conan 2011 had the LONGEST prologue i've ever seen in a film. It's overly long and should've been streamlined, or done through montages, etc. But it ran on and on, which is a telling sign that the movie is going to suck.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #41
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I thought the Hobbit had the longest prologue. What was it, 2 hrs and 45 minutes?

Old 02-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #42
jacobed
Banned User

Hahaha that's a good one

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:56 AM   #43
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Did Jim Hill crack TOMORROWLAND? If so, there could be an epic reason for its secrecy! The Truth is Out There!
Quote:
Hey folks, Harry here... I love film history. In all my years of doing AICN, I've met a lot of different film experts, a great deal of which have been virtual relationships. Jim Hill of JimHillMedia.Com is one of the oldest and dearest sources of cool news regarding Disney film and its themeparks. Today he's written an update to his site that proposes a theory about Brad Bird and Damon Lindelof's TOMORROWLAND, formerly known as 1952.

His entire theory comes out of that 1952 box... but also conversations he's had with the wealth of Disney dignitaries over his time covering that beat. He goes into Disney's MAN IN SPACE series, which was something they had the complete cooperation of the U.S. Government for, as Jim tells us, Disney had been working with the Military and the Government throughout WWII. In fact, Walt used those relationships to help guarantee his leg up over the rest of the industry in regards to all manners of deals. But apparently Ward Kimball, the brilliant Disney animator and part of Walt's Brain Trust... well Ward apparently had a story he used to tell.
Is Brad Bird's "Tomorrowland" movie about that "UFOs are real" TV show which Walt Disney Productions almost made back in the 1950s?

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:15 AM   #44
Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
I thought the Hobbit had the longest prologue. What was it, 2 hrs and 45 minutes?
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #45
Octoberist
point blank

It's a nice detailed theory but I don't know if it has any REAL weight to it despite the amazing history. We'll see.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #46
CGHulk
Green Guy

Brad Bird did say a while ago that he was making his own science fiction film when asked if he was going to do Star Wars Episode IIV.

Quote:
"Tell me your next one is the new Star Wars!", Bird replied: "Nope. A science fiction film. Not Star Wars."

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead

Last edited by CGHulk; 02-08-2013 at 11:20 PM.
CGHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #47
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Hugh Laurie in Talks for Villain Role in Clooney's 'Tomorrowland' (Exclusive)

Quote:
Hugh Laurie is in negotiations to play the villain in Tomorrowland, Disney’s top secret sci-fi project starring George Clooney and being directed by Brad Bird.

The plot of the movie project, which was until a couple of weeks ago being called 1952, is under lock and key, though it has been described as being in the vein of Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Steven Spielberg’s 1978 movie about a man searching for extra-terrestrials on Earth.

All that is known about Laurie’s character is that he serves as the movie’s antagonist.

Lost co-creator Damon Lindelof co-wrote the script with Jeff Jensen, an editor at Entertainment Weekly.

The pedigree of Bird and Lindelof, their standing in the geek community, and the forcefield of secrecy enveloping the project, have raised interest in Tomorrowland.

Laurie is best known for starring as the brilliant but cold title character in Fox's House M.D. which ran from 2004 to 2012. The show kept him busy but he did find time to appear in the ensemble drama The Oranges and to lend his voice to animated fare such as Arthur Christmas and Monster vs. Aliens.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...in-role-420774

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

TheIrishAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #48
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Ooooh...

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #49
Fives
Side-Kick

I always liked Spielberg's Close Encounters of the Third Kind, and if Brad Bird is directing a movie in a similar vien as that then I'm super excited. That sounds way better to me then the amusement park movie. Can't wait to see what this actually turns out to be about.

George Clooney starring opposite of Hugh Laurie as the villain sounds like it'll be great though.

Fives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:50 AM   #50
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Excellent news about Laurie.