The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 07-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #26
Dannyboy3D
Newbie First Class

Default Re: Batmans #1 rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Nerd View Post
Try as I might to remember Spidey killing anyone in any of the previous movies I can't.
SPIDER-MAN 3: Spiderman kills the black goo that enables Venom, and (inadvertently) kills Eddie Brock in the process. I know I know--he didn't mean to kill Brock, and it's Brock's fault for running back into the goo--BUT SPIDEY DID IT!!! Anyways, the Spidey debate is for another thread.

AS FOR TDRK, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT IN LAS VEGAS THIS WEEKEND!!! I'm pretty happy I haven't spoiled anything for myself either. I'm done reading reviews too...they always want to share too much info.

Dannyboy3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #27
TomPiltoff
you are all diseased

But intent is everything. If Spider-Man accidentally kills somebody, that's quite different than having a moral code that justifies murder.

TomPiltoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #28
JerseyJoker
Side-Kick

Batman murdered Ra's.

There is no accident or mistake about it. He flat out murdered the guy, by letting him die in a train crash.

The Jersey Critic (Latest Review: The Wolverine!)

Visit. Enjoy. Comment.
JerseyJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:58 AM   #29
Ravage
Side-Kick

Batman didnt kill Ra's. He just left and then train exploded by itself!
Batman didnt kill Two-Face. He just wanted to give him a big flying hug but dat idiot fell of the edge.
Batman didnt want to kill Bane. He just show Catwoman how to steer the thing but damn woman went and put a goddamn rocket between Bane's eyes.

Ravage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:15 AM   #30
echostation
Banned User

in TDKR it would have been much easier if Batman had a gun... pull it out, shoot the **** out of Bane and you're done. Movie over, no one else needs to die.

Before the bomb became active... when CAtwoman and Batman (who's far far to trusting in this film) are fighting together on the roof top and then they get away in the batwing and Bane watches on. Batman should have just shot the **** out of the roof and killed all those loser sods and the movie's over. Finished. No activated bomb, no nothing, Miranda is still screwed and her plan fails. and Bruce would have eventually found out anyways about her.

The not killing rule is some moral high ground fine but think of how much easier his job would have been as a result. Movie would have been over in 40 mins and Batman wins.

This is why in some ways I really like the Punisher despite two horrific films.

echostation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #31
The Crimson Man
Newbie First Class

I love how everyone forgets that Bruce blew up the League of Shadows HQ in Batman Begins. He obviously would have killed some people.

The Crimson Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #32
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy3D View Post
BATMAN KILLED HARVEY DENT / TWO FACE IN TDK...
HE ALREADY BROKE HIS "ONE RULE"!!!

Unless...
-Dent isn't really dead.
-That wasn't Batman that pushed him over the ledge. (Oh wait a minute...)
His one rule is to intentionally kill someone.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #33
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJoker View Post
Batman murdered Ra's.

There is no accident or mistake about it. He flat out murdered the guy, by letting him die in a train crash.
Ras was planning on dying anyways. That's why he destroyed the control panel and then mocked Bruce by saying "you can't stop this train." Ra's life was like an out of control train itself... he was headed to self destruction.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #34
Anno_Domini
Banned User

If you think about it, there is such a poetic manner to the endings of all the villains(except for Scarecrow). Even Joker had a poetic ending when he was saved after trying to make Batman break his one rule on him.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #35
the last son
Side-Kick

What was poetic about two face or talia?

the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #36
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
Flipped the coin, landed scarred side up.

Talia died in a manner similar to her father, driven to death by revenge.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #37
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Flipped the coin, landed scarred side up.

Talia died in a manner similar to her father, driven to death by revenge.
^ Couldn't say it better myself.

And Ra's had been mentioned as well as Joker(which I mentioned), so I will just bring up Bane for the heck of it: while Batman "won" by beating Bane in their second fight before the Talia interference(as well as climbing the Pit that Bane was never able to do, representing Bruce being stronger than Bane), the real ending was getting blown away right before he was about to "cheat" and not go with his MO by grabbing a shotgun and just blowing Batman's brains out.

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 02-04-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #38
the last son
Side-Kick

Hmm.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #39
the last son
Side-Kick

I mean if that's poetic than you can say that about every villain in almost every movie. Just off the top of my head I guess both spiderman 2 villains died with poetry as well huh. That's not poetic in my book.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #40
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Not to mention Talia abandoned Bane to die while Catwoman returned to save Batman.

There is only one villain in Spiderman 2. But yes, he has a poetic death as well.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #41
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
I mean if that's poetic than you can say that about every villain in almost every movie. Just off the top of my head I guess both spiderman 2 villains died with poetry as well huh. That's not poetic in my book.
Green Goblin being stabbed by his own weapon? Yes.

Doc Ock dying by destroying the machine that took most of his life? Yes.

New Goblin being stabbed in the same manner as his father? Yes.

Sandman and Venom? No.

I'm surprised those deaths with the 'yes's wouldn't be considered poetic in your eyes.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #42
the last son
Side-Kick

I worded it wrong the first two spidermans. Goblin died with a poetic grace as well, according to your theory

Old 02-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #43
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Not to mention Talia abandoned Bane to die while Catwoman returned to save Batman.
I have never really thought of this much before, but good point.

But speaking on Selina Kyle, I love how she was Batman's version of Harvey Dent. While Joker, in his own twisted ways, brought Dent to a different path, Bruce helped Selina in taking a different path as well.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #44
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
I worded it wrong the first two spidermans. Goblin died with a poetic grace as well, according to your theory
It would be unwise to not consider it poetic. How could you NOT think that when he died by own his weapon?

Old 02-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #45
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

the last son, why are you only bringing up films with poetic deaths? There are lots of movies with non-poetic villain deaths. Karl in Die Hard just gets shot at the end. Brian Cox's character in Bourne Supremacy commits suicide. Count Dooku gets executed just to show Anakin is going bad. etc. and so forth

Old 02-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #46
the last son
Side-Kick

She didn't really abandon him. There was more work to be done. Besides their love for each other felt a whole lot more real than Bruce and Selina, which like Blake was just forced. I mean let's get this straight. Selina leaves Bruce for dead. We are shoved 3 scenes in the matter spanning over what a day and now I'm supposed to buy they love each other?

Old 02-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #47
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
the last son, why are you only bringing up films with poetic deaths? There are lots of movies with non-poetic villain deaths. Karl in Die Hard just gets shot at the end. Brian Cox's character in Bourne Supremacy commits suicide. Count Dooku gets executed just to show Anakin is going bad. etc. and so forth
Very true. Sometimes people end up dying that doesn't go along with a specific theme in a film.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #48
the last son
Side-Kick

Quote:

I prefer it that way. Not so much bad guys but trying to die a death all together to teach a lesson or whatever just cheapens it a little. Most of the time people don't die like that.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #49
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Selina loves Bruce because despite all she did to him he forgave her AND believed in her. Its not hard to buy. It was the most real thing in the movie to me, to be honest.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #50
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
I prefer it that way. Not so much bad guys but trying to die a death all together to teach a lesson or whatever just cheapens it a little. Most of the time people don't die like that.
I go to movies for escapism, not to see "real life" but to see life as it could be. And in movies I like to watch, people die poetic deaths. So shoot me.*

*not really, it wouldn't be poetic