The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #351
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 7

People wondering about the logistics of the 13 people rescue are completely justified, given that the iron man films try to be as grounded as possible; to have a sequence where physics itself is ignored or bent too far, is a flaw in the movie im sorry to say. not that the movie won't explain how it is possible, but from what we know now, it is absolutely warranted to raise a tentative red flag.

did the guy on 4chan just post spoilers or did he actually say whether the movie overall is good/great/better than 2 etc?

ps. maybe iron man injects the falling crew with some extremis nano bots to give em strength :P.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 02-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #352
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
It's all an expectations game.

I was disapointed by the trailer it self but was in awe of the footage.

But see, it's not a trailer. It's a 30 second commercial for a film. I honestly think that a lot of the disappointment people feel is because they expected it to be a theatrical trailer when it isn't and was never intended to be one. All we were ever going to get in that commercial, whether you look at the 30 or 60-second version, is an exciting and hopefully enticing glimpse of the film. This was to whet the audience's appetite, raise awareness and get people talking about the film. It succeed in those tasks.

A full theatrical trailer, in contrast, is over two minutes designed to give the audience a good idea of the story and action they can expect to see when they watch the movie. The next trailer will show us a lot more, just as the second Avengers trailer did.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #353
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
It's a comic book movie. Discussion over.
Yeah... no...

Old 02-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #354
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
Hey, LokiD said that someone has said or convinced him that Szoscask is playing Brand or someone like hat. Anyone think SWORD may somehow be involved? Just a thought.
His story changes with the wind. I wouldn't put any stock in what he says.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #355
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

I really hope people die in that scene. It'll make the movie much more serious & it could be really powerful to watch Tony deal with failing. It's something we haven't seen him do so far.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #356
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
It's a comic book movie. Discussion over.
Reminds me of Garry Shandling -

The weirdest date I ever had, I took a girl - this is the one I'll never forget - I took a girl to see "E.T." Right? So now, I take this girl to see "E.T.", we're in the theater, she couldn't let herself get into the fantasy of the movie. Right, so you know this one place where the bike with E.T. on it goes up across the moon? This girl yells, "I'm sure!" I'm going, "This isn't a documentary, honey, that's not real live footage up there." She must dream at night and go, "Right. I'll bet."

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #357
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Reminds me of Garry Shandling -

The weirdest date I ever had, I took a girl - this is the one I'll never forget - I took a girl to see "E.T." Right? So now, I take this girl to see "E.T.", we're in the theater, she couldn't let herself get into the fantasy of the movie. Right, so you know this one place where the bike with E.T. on it goes up across the moon? This girl yells, "I'm sure!" I'm going, "This isn't a documentary, honey, that's not real live footage up there." She must dream at night and go, "Right. I'll bet."
Maybe we should use the phrase "you're all dating Gary Shandling" when we're over-analysing something.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #358
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I keep waivering on whether or not I want to watch Theatrical Trailer no.2 whenever that comes out. I have a strong feeling it's going to show cool scenes I want to see for the first time in theaters haha.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:35 PM   #359
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
His story changes with the wind. I wouldn't put any stock in what he says.
edit: nvm, lol I'm not gunna even bother. We'll see. Carry on

Old 02-04-2013, 11:59 PM   #360
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Well if it is her, I hope her character hasn't been ruined. She's my personal favourite of Tony's girlfriends. Why would she even be seemingly attacking Stark in that way? That's as out of character for her as it is for Wasp. Cabe is the one who helped Tony beat the bottle the first time round. Her hair doesn't look correct for her either, unless they've drastically changed it. It's never been short.
Black Widow's hair has never been short like it was in the Avengers, either. (Yelena Belova, the blonde, notwithstanding.) And comic-book Pepper was a straight-up ginger, not the glamorous strawberry blonde of Gwyneth Paltrow.

If the Cabe theory is correct, I'm thinking she might be a martial arts instructor for Tony. RDJ recently said something about how Rhodey starts getting Tony to thinking about actually learning how to fight, with real training in martial arts and hand-to-hand; I'm sure Rhodey can teach him some good dogfighting moves for aerial combat as well. So maybe Cabe is Tony's sensei, and the scene in the trailer shows her as being very overzealous about her job. (Which would definitely fit Cabe's character from the comics.)

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-05-2013, 12:05 AM   #361
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

except iron man 2 established that tony does have some martial arts ability.

"it's called mix martial arts, it's been around for 3...weeks now"

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 02-05-2013, 12:53 AM   #362
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Cap taught Tony martial arts

Old 02-05-2013, 12:55 AM   #363
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
People wondering about the logistics of the 13 people rescue are completely justified, given that the iron man films try to be as grounded as possible; to have a sequence where physics itself is ignored or bent too far, is a flaw in the movie im sorry to say. not that the movie won't explain how it is possible, but from what we know now, it is absolutely warranted to raise a tentative red flag.

I say we submit this to Myth Busters.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:09 AM   #364
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post

That is damn sexy.

What I like about this, is how it seems to be a strong progression on the Suitcase suit and the Mark VII in terms of how Tony armors up.

It's gotten so compact I wonder if there's even fictional wiring in it.

"Iron Man 4" should introduce the liquid/nanobot concept from bleeding edge

Old 02-05-2013, 01:19 AM   #365
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

im not too fussed as long as the red and gold colour scheme returns. i dig the small blue circles, what are they, even smaller arc reactors?

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 02-05-2013, 02:35 AM   #366
Matarreyes
Side-Kick

Not that I care, but if Tony can directly carry 4 people in his arms ( in a bear hug or something, numbers 1,2,3,4) then people number 5,7,9 could latch onto their legs and only have to carry themselves and 1 extra body and number 11 would need to carry 2. Perfectly doable by anyone.

IR---1-5-6
ON--2-7-8
MA--3-9-10
N---4-11-12-13

Use your imagination!

Also, if Tony is careful he can slow them... Slowly. Freefall is zero gravity, hanging inmobile in the air is 1 G, controlled deceleration would be somewhere between these numbers, and easier to bear/ hang on.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:50 AM   #367
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

except we know from stunt footage that they all hold hands and form either a circle or triangle shape.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 02-05-2013, 03:01 AM   #368
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Black Widow's hair has never been short like it was in the Avengers, either. (Yelena Belova, the blonde, notwithstanding.) And comic-book Pepper was a straight-up ginger, not the glamorous strawberry blonde of Gwyneth Paltrow.

If the Cabe theory is correct, I'm thinking she might be a martial arts instructor for Tony. RDJ recently said something about how Rhodey starts getting Tony to thinking about actually learning how to fight, with real training in martial arts and hand-to-hand; I'm sure Rhodey can teach him some good dogfighting moves for aerial combat as well. So maybe Cabe is Tony's sensei, and the scene in the trailer shows her as being very overzealous about her job. (Which would definitely fit Cabe's character from the comics.)

the thing is though, we dont know the circumstances of that scene,,,why she aggressively pushed him, literally coulda been anything. A simple disagreement for all we know.

1 second of screen time via trailer isn't enough to assume it is, or isn't someone, for now we gotta just take 4chan guy's word

Old 02-05-2013, 03:02 AM   #369
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I keep waivering on whether or not I want to watch Theatrical Trailer no.2 whenever that comes out. I have a strong feeling it's going to show cool scenes I want to see for the first time in theaters haha.
get real now lol, you are clearly going to watch it, like the rest of us :P

Old 02-05-2013, 03:09 AM   #370
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:

did the guy on 4chan just post spoilers or did he actually say whether the movie overall is good/great/better than 2 etc?

ps. maybe iron man injects the falling crew with some extremis nano bots to give em strength :P.
If those same people are so worry about the logistics of that small feat and the physics behind it then why do they completely ignore they fact that Ironman armor isn't aerodynamic.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 02-05-2013, 03:33 AM   #371
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:

He's probably trained with Hogan enough to be a competent boxer-type fighter, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's gotten training from others. I could definitely see Rhodey giving him more air combat skills now that he has a suit of his own to train in.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:57 AM   #372
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:

Not really. Tony was joking when he said that, and right after he did, Happy corrected him and said "It's called dirty boxing!".

I'd say there's still time for someone like Cap to train Stark.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:59 AM   #373
Danalys
Sol Invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
If those same people are so worry about the logistics of that small feat and the physics behind it then why do they completely ignore they fact that Ironman armor isn't aerodynamic.
because he is for all intents and purposes rocket propelled. meaning he doesn't need it for lift. he has an intelligent air breaks system for stabilisation. the only benefit being aerodynamic would give him is better energy efficiency.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:02 AM   #374
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Quote:

Who really trusts some troll that lives on the internet toilet known as 4chan?!

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 02-05-2013, 04:12 AM   #375
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
Who really trusts some troll that lives on the internet toilet known as 4chan?!
man Union, you seem to be agianst every bit of any type of info or spoilers haha, I don't think I've ever seen an approving post from you on anything lol .. Maybe that's the route I need to start to take, although I do love seeing/hearing all the possible routes and stories.

edit: that being said, I checked out your site and really enjoy your design work. I'm helping out a buddy with logos and clothing designs at the moment that are coming along quite nicely. Keep up the good work! haha

Last edited by mkilban2; 02-05-2013 at 04:22 AM.
Closed Thread