Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 04:23 AM   #376
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
man Union, you seem to be agianst every bit of any type of info or spoilers haha, I don't think I've ever seen an approving post from you on anything lol .. Maybe that's the route I need to start to take, although I do love seeing/hearing all the possible routes and stories.
I don't trust certain sites and 4Chan/and its users are one of them.
Loki flip-flops all over and his essays just seem like an erratic rant at times trying to tie together one little piece of info into all the Phase 2 ... 3 ... 4 films.

I'm all for a spoiler, I mostly hate surprises, but if you can't really back it up with a good real source or clear details, that don't change after a week or 2, then I just think its BS and another person wanting attention.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 02-05-2013, 04:31 AM   #377
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
Loki flip-flops all over and his essays just seem like an erratic rant at times trying to tie together one little piece of info into all the Phase 2 ... 3 ... 4 films.

I'm all for a spoiler, I mostly hate surprises, but if you can't really back it up with a good real source or clear details, that don't change after a week or 2, then I just think its BS and another person wanting attention.
LokiD is up to Phase 6 films now. jk LOL

Old 02-05-2013, 04:37 AM   #378
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

rhodey train tony in aerial combat? he seems to be very good at it to me (watch iron man 2 and the avengers)

if anything, tony could benefit from close quarters combat from what we saw of him vs. thor. and even then he did pretty well for himself.

rdj is a martial arts enthusiast, and he's brought that aspect of himself to tony stark. i know tony is a noob at hand-to-hand in the comics, but in these movies he's done well for himself i believe.

now captain america on the other hand; he has shown next to nothing in the way of martial arts prowess. he never got trained in them in the first avenger. and in the avengers, we see him boxing (a missed opportunity to see him learning judo or something) and then in his action scenes he does the same basic attacks as in the first avenger.

Cap, in the mcu, is an inferior martial artist to both his comic book counter part, as well as to iron man himself.

He needs to get some training in by the time cap 2 hits to say the least

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 02-05-2013, 05:00 AM   #379
Matarreyes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
except we know from stunt footage that they all hold hands and form either a circle or triangle shape.
Unless you tell me you have seen the entirety of the stunt AND its digital postproduction, this tells me exactly zero about how things will end up looking on screen.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:06 AM   #380
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

yeah, cos them shooting a stunt that ends up being completely different on screen makes perfect sense.

how can photographic and video evidence equate to exactly zero? if that is the case why speculate at all? can we know anything? is iron man even in the movie? i saw the trailer, and it looks like he is in there, but im yet to see the actual movie, so i guess there is an exactly zero chance anyone can be sure that iron man 3 features iron man.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 02-05-2013, 05:19 AM   #381
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
edit: nvm, lol I'm not gunna even bother. We'll see. Carry on
What? I can't voice my opinion on LokiD's ramblings? No, go ahead. Tell me why I'm wrong.

Edit: By the way, I'm not trying to pick on you or anyone who believes LokiD. The first time I even said anything about his posts was in one exchange with you that seemed amicable enough. But I offer another honest opinion not attributed or aimed at anyone about him and you feel the need to hang off a comment that's the equivalent of . I don't see the need for that.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.

Last edited by The Infernal; 02-05-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:32 AM   #382
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Repulsor, what in hell are you babbling on about?!

Lay off the sugar.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 02-05-2013, 05:32 AM   #383
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
man Union, you seem to be agianst every bit of any type of info or spoilers haha, I don't think I've ever seen an approving post from you on anything lol .. Maybe that's the route I need to start to take, although I do love seeing/hearing all the possible routes and stories.
Probably because mostly everything Loki posts is BS

Old 02-05-2013, 05:59 AM   #384
Matarreyes
Side-Kick

Quote:
yeah, cos them shooting a stunt that ends up being completely different on screen makes perfect sense.
Sorry, I cut the test of your... post.

One question, though. Are you familiar wih the concept of wide establishing shots (shot outside with real background) and close follow ups (shot indoors with screens)? Also, do you truly imagine that people will save themselves HOLDING HANDS? Wouldn't you rather ( after gathering them all into a circle for better management) make them grab onto each other's mid sections (as an example), where they can use belts, and the strength of their entire arms as opposed to only fingers? Resulting in a tighter, ball-like heap? Made in post- production? No? OK then, lets go with hand- holding.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:04 AM   #385
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Probably because mostly everything Loki posts is BS

I'm starting to waiver a bit on his posts but I'm not losing faith yet I suppose, regardless I like the storylines he comes up with. They should hire him as an idea writer haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
LokiD is up to Phase 6 films now. jk LOL
that made me lol, here's hoping we get 6 phases! So I can enjoy the marvel cinematic universe continuity for 30+ years

Old 02-05-2013, 06:42 AM   #386
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

it's not about what i'd rather see. i prefer your idea that you came up with. i'm just going by what we've seen. i was never attacking your idea, i just saw it as somewhat of a moot point.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 02-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #387
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
They should hire him as an idea writer haha.
NO! Hell no! I've got a better read out of anything Bendis or Fraction wrote and I hate those two fracking hacks. Seriously, his fan fics are almost as bad as the nonsense elmayimbe tried to sell as scoop yesterday

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 02-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #388
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm starting to waiver a bit on his posts but I'm not losing faith yet I suppose, regardless I like the storylines he comes up with. They should hire him as an idea writer haha.
his stories would be awful, convoluted and overly complex! No thanks!

Old 02-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #389
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Extended Look:

480p!

http://wdmp-8.vo.llnwd.net/d1/wdsmp/...line55_480.mov

720p!

http://wdmp-8.vo.llnwd.net/d1/wdsmp/...line55_720.mov

1080p!

http://wdmp-8.vo.llnwd.net/d1/wdsmp/...ine55_1080.mov

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 02-05-2013, 07:48 AM   #390
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
NO! Hell no! I've got a better read out of anything Bendis or Fraction wrote and I hate those two fracking hacks. Seriously, his fan fics are almost as bad as the nonsense elmayimbe tried to sell as scoop yesterday
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
his stories would be awful, convoluted and overly complex! No thanks!
haha not a comic reader, but I thought the stuff he's been saying is pretty cool. Guess i'll just be quiet now hehe

Old 02-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #391
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
rhodey train tony in aerial combat? he seems to be very good at it to me (watch iron man 2 and the avengers)

if anything, tony could benefit from close quarters combat from what we saw of him vs. thor. and even then he did pretty well for himself.

rdj is a martial arts enthusiast, and he's brought that aspect of himself to tony stark. i know tony is a noob at hand-to-hand in the comics, but in these movies he's done well for himself i believe.

now captain america on the other hand; he has shown next to nothing in the way of martial arts prowess. he never got trained in them in the first avenger. and in the avengers, we see him boxing (a missed opportunity to see him learning judo or something) and then in his action scenes he does the same basic attacks as in the first avenger.

Cap, in the mcu, is an inferior martial artist to both his comic book counter part, as well as to iron man himself.

He needs to get some training in by the time cap 2 hits to say the least
Cap had extensive military training when he joined the Super Soldier program. Conceivably more than your average GI. And that was when he was still a 98-pound weakling. Then he had about 2.5 years of real-time combat experience in the biggest war the world has ever known; and the fact that he spends a lot of time in the gym indicates he's always training and staying in shape.

Of all the MCU superheroes shown thus far, Cap is the one with the best resume when it comes to combat and small unit tactics. Natasha might arguably have better martial arts skills than him, but his super-'roids means that he could beat her to a pulp.

TL/DR: Cap don't need no more training. He's already a Super Soldier. Keyword: soldier.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #392
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Thanks for the links! With real 1080p quality, I noticed those weren't mandarins The Mandarin had smashed, but actually fortune cookies

Old 02-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #393
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Really, Mandarin? Fortune Cookies?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #394
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
It just reinforces Mandarin's role as a poser. He's not the real deal; he's just a wannabe.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #395
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Right? Talk about stereotypical.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #396
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

Every time they show the mandarins hands/rings something explodes. He is causing it using Extremis.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #397
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I felt let down the first time I saw the 30 second Super Bowl ad, simply because I wanted it to be longer. But then I watched it again and realized, "Holy ****! They just blew up Air Force One and Iron Man is soaring through the sky saving falling people!" And then I snapped out of it.
Yeah I was just hoping for more, I let myself expect more, I usually set my expectaions lower lol for trailers seeing as it IS a trailer not the film, but, still I'm not sure what they have in the trailer would make the average film goer want to SEE the film.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 02-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #398
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
gift from Happy? lol Hogun is laying on the ground at one point lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 02-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #399
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

58 sharpened 1080p screengrabs from the Extended Look: http://imgur.com/a/Xkixw#0

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Last edited by TheIrishAvenger; 02-05-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #400
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

thanks irish!

Closed Thread