The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Who Should Be Dead or Die in the Alt Future in DOFP?
Wolverine 35 52.24%
Professor X 9 13.43%
Beast 16 23.88%
Jean Grey 19 28.36%
Cyclops 14 20.90%
Storm 31 46.27%
NightCrawler 13 19.40%
Colossus 17 25.37%
Angel 20 29.85%
Iceman 8 11.94%
Rogue 9 13.43%
Kitty Pride 4 5.97%
Banshee 16 23.88%
Havok 13 19.40%
Mystique 10 14.93%
Pyro 18 26.87%
Sabretooth 16 23.88%
Juggernaut 16 23.88%
Gambit 14 20.90%
Emma Frost 18 26.87%
Azazel 19 28.36%
Only Miscellaneous X-Men Characters who didnt debut in film 11 16.42%
Other 11 16.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #51
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: Which X-Men Should die or be dead in DOFP?

As Mark Millar has suggested, if Fox really wants to do a similar thing as Marvel with a shared universe, set in the same timeline and told chronologically, Fox will definetly need more movies set in present time, appart from Wolverine solo movies.

And when almost all the original cast actors are talking about returning to the franchise now that Singer is back, and showing all this interest, well..... its really ironic how some fans now "dont see it" lol

All the respect, ok?, its just that I found it really ironic

it we go to any site reporting x-men news or interviews, almost every user asks for the return of one or another actor. Many ask for James Marsden/Cyclops, others for Colossus, others for Nightcrawler, others for Jean, others for Kelsey/Beast, others even for Storm

again, Fox would be soooooooooo stupid to waste this hype.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #52
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
As Mark Millar has suggested, if Fox really wants to do a similar thing as Marvel with a shared universe, set in the same timeline and told chronologically, Fox will definetly need more movies set in present time, appart from Wolverine solo movies.
Agreed.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #53
Angamb
Banned User

And since Mark said Wolverine is the starting point, just like Ironman....

oh, guys.... we are gonna be surprised in the next 5 years!

remark my words

This is just the beggining!

Old 02-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #54
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
That's exactly how they would reboot it, using Days of Future Past as a spring board, if they want to. Or they could just reboot it regardless. Fox is going to have to figure something out. The First Class cast is contracted for one more film, and I don't envision the novelty of having the original actors back lasting much longer.
Being contracted for one more film does not guarantee that they will appear in another X-Men movie. The new cast members of X3 were signed for 3 films but most of them aren't coming back for this movie and so far, only appeared in X3.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #55
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Agreed. The notion that this is a final hurrah for the original cast members and they'll be dropped after this makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. They have a bunch of actors all keen to return to the franchise again, they have an incredible online buzz since they announced the returnees from the original trilogy - people are really excited. This film will end with the sentinel timeline wiped out and some sort of new (although perhaps the post-Last Stand) timeline in place, all characters reintroduced... the stage is set for future films. Perfectly set, with DOFP acting as a reintroduction.

Why kill the renewal of a series with the original actors when it's on the plate?

As if Fox aren't rubbing their hands in glee at the possibility of First Class sequels and sequels set in the present time! Two franchises, one shared universe, double the profits.

Double B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #56
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
Agreed. The notion that this is a final hurrah for the original cast members and they'll be dropped after this makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. They have a bunch of actors all keen to return to the franchise again, they have an incredible online buzz since they announced the returnees from the original trilogy - people are really excited. This film will end with the sentinel timeline wiped out and some sort of new (although perhaps the post-Last Stand) timeline in place, all characters reintroduced... the stage is set for future films. Perfectly set, with DOFP acting as a reintroduction.

Why kill the renewal of a series with the original actors when it's on the plate?

As if Fox aren't rubbing their hands in glee at the possibility of First Class sequels and sequels set in the present time! Two franchises, one shared universe, double the profits.
couldnt agree more with your whole comment

Old 02-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #57
Super Film
Side-Kick

I'm getting an increasingly paranoid feeling that Rogue is done for in this film.

Super Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #58
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
I'm getting an increasingly paranoid feeling that Rogue is done for in this film.
I doubt it. Singer likes the character, Singer and Anna like each other and Paquin wouldn't come back if Rogue was being shafted.

More than likely she could be the last survivor in the future, gathering powers from the fallen heroes to fight off the Sentinels.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:02 AM   #59
merbass
Side-Kick

I hope it's not the mutant in the future that travels back in time to find the X-team and try to locate Wolverine in the 70's. Just because they want Wolverine to be the main character again.

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:42 AM   #60
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
This film will end with the sentinel timeline wiped out and some sort of new (although perhaps the post-Last Stand) timeline in place, all characters reintroduced... the stage is set for future films. Perfectly set, with DOFP acting as a reintroduction.
I find strange the idea that the characters are to be introduced by a movie which, by its end, wipes out the timeline they're in. You'd be effectively wiping out the characters themselves - you can make a movie about the characters in a different timeline, but they will not be the same characters you've shown in DoFP and whatever happened to them in this movie won't matter. There'd be no connection or progression whatsoever.

It's like as if they made the last Star Trek reboot a movie in which all the characters die at the end, and then in the last shot we see their alternate versions and the movie goes, well never mind all that you've just seen, here are the real adventures of Kirk and Spock and the rest.

Last edited by Mrs Vimes; 02-07-2013 at 04:45 AM.
Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:53 AM   #61
def28
Side-Kick

Nice to see Kitty's the safest on the poll. Killing Kitty Pryde would be pretty ****ed up.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #62
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I find strange the idea that the characters are to be introduced by a movie which, by its end, wipes out the timeline they're in. You'd be effectively wiping out the characters themselves - you can make a movie about the characters in a different timeline, but they will not be the same characters you've shown in DoFP and whatever happened to them in this movie won't matter. There'd be no connection or progression whatsoever.

It's like as if they made the last Star Trek reboot a movie in which all the characters die at the end, and then in the last shot we see their alternate versions and the movie goes, well never mind all that you've just seen, here are the real adventures of Kirk and Spock and the rest.
Well, it could create an alternate timeline, meaning the original timeline is still intact; or it alters the timeline so the dystopian future never happens. That altered timeline could be the original trilogy, but even that doesn't end well - Xavier explodes, Rogue is cured, Cyclops dies, Jean dies.

It all depends what the studio wants to do next and, if it's another film with the original cast, whether those actors are keen to come back for more.

But if people want more of Alan Cumming's Nightcrawler, Famke's Jean/Phoenix and James's Cyclops, and the studio is keen to do that, then somehow the movie's timeline twists have to allow for their return.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #63
JP
Smelly

Considering everything that's happening, and everything that's being said by those in control, it's pretty apparent that we're going to get a "present day" expanded universe after the events of DoFP. I don't see how anyone couldn't see that.

Especially with all the talk of an expanded shared universe of interlocking films. Unless every film they have in mind is going to also take place in the 70's...

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #64
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Considering everything that's happening, and everything that's being said by those in control, it's pretty apparent that we're going to get a "present day" expanded universe after the events of DoFP. I don't see how anyone couldn't see that.
glad to know more users see it too.

Im so sure Singer and Millar have big plans for the near future. Some days Im really shocked some x-men fans on here dont feel the excitement about it.

Fox has the chance to do GREAT things in the near future with most of the original cast. you know, almost everyone wants to return, and Bryan is back. What more do we need?

its like a must

Fox could do FC sequels whenever they want, the actors can age and it wont be a problem. And the bigger the actors get, the better. So no need to "rush" FC3.

Batman movies came 4 years after the previous, Fox could and should do the same.

This is the perfect time for X-men 4. Its now or never, if they dont want some actors to look too older than their last xmen movie (2006) appart from Anna, Ellen, Shawn and Hugh.

Alan Cumming is up to return, they shouldnt wait much more for Kurts return. The makeup could give us a still great Nightcrawler. The rest are fine, including James Marsden. Almost everyone is asking for Cyclops.

Fox would be soooooooooooooooooo stupid to miss this perfect scenario. Singer and Cast all on board, even before Fox? come on!

Old 05-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #65
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I think since the cast of DOFP is so large, I think they should kill at least 2 to 3 characters. Maybe 1 in present period and 1 in past period.

OR at least make it look like not all of the characters will appear in the next movie after DOFP. Give the other characters a proper ending. Thats one of my problems with FC, it looked like everybody will return for the next movie (except for Shaw/Moira/Darwin) but only 4 of them ended up returning in the next movie. Hopefully Bryan Singer already have a plan for this movie.

Old 05-24-2013, 01:58 AM   #66
DOFP
Side-Kick

I think they will die one by one, the tone of the movie will change as the audience will witness the x-men dying. Also, I wanna see Xavier's face as he witness his children dying.

DOFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:05 PM   #67
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

It could be cool and interesting to see the future X-Men die one by one in the battle against the Sentinels but I just hope, their execution won't end up like in X3. In my opinion, they should only kill 1 to 3 mutants.

Tally of character deaths in the previous movies
X1- Sen. Kelly = 1
X2- Stryker, Lady Deathstrike, Mastermind, Jean Grey (assumption) = 4
X3- Cyclops, Professor X, Jean Grey, Pyro*, Juggernaut*, Psylocke, Arclight, Omega Kid, Kavita Rao = 9
W1- Bolt, Agent Zero, Wraith, Silver Fox = 4
X0- Darwin, Sebastian Shaw = 2

*- assuming that they died at Alcatraz when Jean Grey was vaporizing her surroundings.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 05-25-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:38 AM   #68
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
It could be cool and interesting to see the future X-Men die one by one in the battle against the Sentinels but I just hope, their execution won't end up like in X3. In my opinion, they should only kill 1 to 3 mutants.

Tally of character deaths in the previous movies
X1- Sen. Kelly = 1
X2- Stryker, Lady Deathstrike, Jean Grey (assumption) = 3
X3- Cyclops, Professor X, Jean Grey, Pyro*, Juggernaut*, Psylocke, Arclight, Omega Kid, Kavita Rao = 9
W1- Agent Zero, Wraith, Silver Fox = 3
X0- Darwin, Sebastian Shaw = 2

*- assuming that they died at Alcatraz when Jean Grey was vaporizing her surroundings.
You don't think that Toad or Sabretooth died in X1? X2, Jason Stryker. Also in W1 there was Beak and Blob. Also I consider Wade dead despite the after credits scene.

Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:44 AM   #69
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
You don't think that Toad or Sabretooth died in X1? Also in W1 there was Beak and Blob. Also I consider Wade dead despite the after credits scene.
I don't consider that Sabretooth and Toad died in X1. Sabretooth can heal. And Toad was in the early scripts of X2. The X-Men defeated them but they didn't kill them. Blob wasn't killled. And I consider the after-credits canon, so for me Deadpool didn't die.

The only ones I forgot about are Bolt (and he was not Beak in the film) and Mastermind.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #70
Melapi
Side-Kick

Strom: she's an useless character and with Halle Berry pregnancy there won't be many options left for her.

Future Wolverine: that death would be epic

Collosus: same reason I gave for Wolverine

Maybe some of the new cast adittions because I hope they were cast to be killed. I think their purpose in this film is to show how dark the future is going to be with their deaths.

Melapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:37 AM   #71
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quicksilver should die.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #72
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
Strom: she's an useless character and with Halle Berry pregnancy there won't be many options left for her.

Future Wolverine: that death would be epic

Collosus: same reason I gave for Wolverine

Maybe some of the new cast adittions because I hope they were cast to be killed. I think their purpose in this film is to show how dark the future is going to be with their deaths.
Are you saying Storm is a useless character in the comics or the movies?

BeholdMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #73
Melapi
Side-Kick

In the movies.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #74
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
In the movies.
Why do you think she's a useless character? She's proved to be great in battle, even if that is all she's proved to be. Hopefully we'll get a good leader out of her in this movie.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #75
Melapi
Side-Kick

She may not be bad in battle but she's got too much screen time for the support her character gives to the story.

I also can't see any conection with the others characters, Jean relationships are with Scott and Logan, Logan with Jean and Rogue, Iceman with Rogue and Kitty, Jean with Scott, Logan and Xavier, Scott with Jean and Xavier, Rogue with Iceman and Logan... but Storm is in the middle of everybody and doesn't belong to any group dynamic. They tried to create one with Nightcrawler but I never understood if it was a romantic or philosophic relationship and it died in the same movie it was born.

She can't even be a real leader because in the first movie it was Scott, in X2 Magneto was more leader than her and in The Last Stand was Wolverine who made the team work, even when Xavier made her his heir .

In the end, everytime I watch a movie I have the feeling that the only thing Storm did was walking showing her cute cape and running up and down corridors.

I want her to die in a epic scene because I think she can be more interesting being one of the reasons for the time travel than fighting and doing nothing like in the OT.

Basically these are my thought about Storm. I love to death all the OT characers but I'm unable to care about her.

Last edited by Melapi; 05-25-2013 at 04:36 PM.